• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Are there any good Gwent personalities like Kibler or Savjtz from Hearthstone? A few of the more skilled players I've seen streaming haven't really been that enjoyable (for me) as they're often condenscending and a bit negative. Swim has been decent, though a bit hit & miss as you get the sense that he's a smart dude who is good at the game and he knows it.

sirpumpkn and oceanmud are some of my favs besides swim.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
sirpumpkn and oceanmud are some of my favs besides swim.

Those were two of the streamers I was watching. Ocean was treating some of his viewers like sheeit, so I tuned out.

Pumpkin started off OK, but he constantly talks trash about his opponents. Not everyone plays Gwent for hours and hours everyday.

It's their stream and all, so I just wanted to ask if there was anyone out there that's both positive, respectful, and doesn't really take themselves too seriously. I guess not every game can have a Kibler or a Savjtz. ^^;

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Those were two of the streamers I was watching. Ocean was treating some of his viewers like sheeit, so I tuned out.

Pumpkin started off OK, but he constantly talks trash about his opponents. Not everyone plays Gwent for hours and hours everyday.

It's their stream and all, so I just wanted to ask if there was anyone out there that's both positive, respectful, and doesn't really take themselves too seriously. I guess not every game can have a Kibler or a Savjtz. ^^;

Try McBeard, he fits those requirements

And maybe SuperJJ (he's streaming right now) but he's leaving gwent for artifact soon most likely.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I finished Thronebreaker yesterday, so I've been digging in with Gwent now.

Handbuff Elves seem pretty decent - simple to build and easy to play, which is perfect for settling in and getting used to the new game and meta.

I'm not a pro and don't know what the better players think of the archetype, maybe it's considered bad, but it's been doing well for me so far. This is something I made quickly by mostly searching elf and boost in Scoia'tael deckbuilder lol.

tguU1iE.png

Bronzes might need some changes here and there. I'm not using Hawker Smuggler, they are too expensive when they are just removed instantly. Aelirenn and Roach are just free points. Filavandrel seems solid - nothing overly impressive, but not bad either. He can be a 10 point leader with a very healthy amount of mulligans. 5 mulligans if you go first feels so good.

On my to do list is make a Draug/Specters NR deck, a Nilfgaard deck with cards like Cahir and Master of Disguise, and then something in Monsters.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I finished Thronebreaker yesterday, so I've been digging in with Gwent now.

Handbuff Elves seem pretty decent - simple to build and easy to play, which is perfect for settling in and getting used to the new game and meta.

I'm not a pro and don't know what the better players think of the archetype, maybe it's considered bad, but it's been doing well for me so far. This is something I made quickly by mostly searching elf and boost in Scoia'tael deckbuilder lol.

tguU1iE.png

Bronzes might need some changes here and there. I'm not using Hawker Smuggler, they are too expensive when they are just removed instantly. Aelirenn and Roach are just free points. Filavandrel seems solid - nothing overly impressive, but not bad either. He can be a 10 point leader with a very healthy amount of mulligans. 5 mulligans if you go first feels so good.

On my to do list is make a Draug/Specters NR deck, a Nilfgaard deck with cards like Cahir and Master of Disguise, and then something in Monsters.

Look at Dem golds!
Mind if I play with your list? I'm a bad / new player and I was thinking of handbuff elf since traps don't seem to be a thing. I love Ida as a premium but Toruviel is some twisted sheeit.

JustinBB7 Thanks for the suggestion! I'm watching JJ now and he seems alright, but I agree that he'll probably follow LC to Artifact when it comes out.

How are you enjoying new Gwent?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Look at Dem golds!
Mind if I play with your list? I'm a bad / new player and I was thinking of handbuff elf since traps don't seem to be a thing. I love Ida as a premium but Toruviel is some twisted sheeit.

I don't mind at all - go for it!

It probably needs changes in places, but I want to try another faction next, so will come back to it later.

edit: Oh, just remembered, Prince Villem is a Thronebreaker card. So if you don't have Thronebreaker he's going to be quite expensive for a new player to craft. You can just look for another 6 provision card if you don't want to craft him.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Unlocked all the leaders through the reward trees and I think I have a deck for each faction. (I'm also all out scraps for now)

Time to finally focus on Thronebreaker.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Specter NR decks are so damn fun. It was one of the few decks I tried in PTR, but Draug was pretty terrible then - I love what they did with him now. I don't think I've ever had a favourite deck in my entire time playing Gwent the last two years, but this Specter archetype with Draug, Revenants, Sabrina, Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream is becoming it.

Also I just beat someone playing Reveal who revealed his own Spotters numerous times. In third round Triss and Xarthisius did it again and then they forfeit. Never laughed so hard. Although his Yen did reveal his Tibor, so whatever.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wish they hadn't forced beta players to high ranks. It's nothing but sweaty Golden Froth and Eithne solitaire decks. I honestly don't know if I want to play another match before a balance patch.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I'm starting to wish they hadn't forced beta players to high ranks. It's nothing but sweaty Golden Froth and Eithne solitaire decks. I honestly don't know if I want to play another match before a balance patch.

They announced yesterday there will be a hotfix for artifacts, Zoltan: Scoundrel, and Golden Froth coming soon. No word on when, or what the changes will be, though.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
They announced yesterday there will be a hotfix for artifacts, Zoltan: Scoundrel, and Golden Froth coming soon. No word on when, or what the changes will be, though.
Well look at that, they already did it:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/update-to-artifact-provision-cost.10989829/

Here are the provision cost changes:
  • Sihil 12->15
  • Tainted Ale 8->9
  • Summoning Circle 7->8
  • Black Blood 7->8
  • Ale of Ancestors 10->12
  • Thunderbolt 7->8
  • Mastercrafted Spear 5->7
  • Wyvern Scale Shield 5->7
  • Petri's Philter 5->7
  • Pitfall Trap 7->8
  • Golden Froth 9->13
  • Zoltan: Scoundrel 12->15
Not the changes I personally wanted for artifacts (not even sure if this hurts Eithne solitaire all that much), but row buffs might be fine now. Well, Gremist is still abusable.

Solitaire decks are still an issue in general. Scoia'tael can just throw in Saesenthessis and/or Milva and call it a day.

Last edited:

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Well look at that, they already did it:

Not the changes I personally wanted for artifacts (not even sure if this hurts Eithne solitaire all that much), but row buffs might be fine now. Well, Gremist is still abusable.

Solitaire decks are still an issue in general. Scoia'tael can just throw in Saesenthessis and/or Milva and call it a day.

I was going to DE some of the hotfixed cards, but looks like they're not refunding full value? Is that normal?

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is amazing and the Homecoming update turned what i thought was a boring game in the Beta into something more streamlined and great whilst retaining depth and strategy.

I'm also noticing a disheartening trend and a lot vitriol from people shitting on the game and drumming up Artifact as if its second coming of Jesus on streams, the forums, reddit and other threads on this forum too and saying GWENT doesn't have a future. A few years ago before Hearthstone CCG's where considered 'niche' and largey written off and people should be fostering all CCG's. It's like CDPR has killed their dog or something with some people. I wanted to make a thread on the subject but i was afraid of getting ganged up on.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
This game is amazing and the Homecoming update turned what i thought was a boring game in the Beta into something more streamlined and great whilst retaining depth and strategy.

I'm also noticing a disheartening trend and a lot vitriol from people shitting on the game and drumming up Artifact as if its second coming of Jesus on streams, the forums, reddit and other threads on this forum too and saying GWENT doesn't have a future. A few years ago before Hearthstone CCG's where considered 'niche' and largey written off and people should be fostering all CCG's. It's like CDPR has killed their dog or something with some people. I wanted to make a thread on the subject but i was afraid of getting ganged up on.

Some people there want Gwent to fail so they can go play Artifact when it releases while feeling vindicated in dropping Gwent. If they want to play Artifact just go play it, Gwent doesn't need to fail. Doesn't help that a few big Gwent streamers are putting out content saying they don't like the game now, or are moving to Artifact, or that Artifact is better than Gwent, because it just starts all the sheep bleating.

I think a big part is that CDPR treated the beta as an actual beta - things were constantly changing and a lot changed upon release. Most people didn't like the constant changes or expect the game to end up being so different, so some left already, and for others the game is no longer the game they were playing 12-18 months ago and they don't know how to feel or whether they can like it going forward.

Not to say CDPR have done no wrong. They need to stop treating the game like it's Witcher 3 - less secrecy and have regular communication about the future, react to bugs and exploits as soon as they are found not two months later in a big patch. Homecoming was also advertised as going back to Gwent's roots but two rows, 3D leaders, battlefield aesthetic and other things aren't really Gwent's roots, so some probably feel somewhat mislead.

Speaking of commuication, we are apparently getting a roadmap sometime in December. So that's good. We know a spectator mode is planned, and a new game mode sometime early next year. Blood and Wine expansion is also overdue by many months now because of Homecoming (crazy to think Dettlaff, Anna and Orianna cards were teased well over a year ago...), and we know we're getting a new faction very soon. Not to mention other things they have said are planned, like more cosmetics to unlock - alternate card arts, card backs, probably new leader and board skins too. So there's still a lot to come in next 6 months and beyond.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Front contender seems to be Redania mixed in with the Eternal Fire fanatics, going by teases and things CDPR have said. But we don't know for sure.

Zerrikania was mentioned a lot in Thronebreaker, so hopefully we get a Zerrikania faction one day.

Oct 27, 2017
The first 100 games I played - Ohh, this is fun.

Now - Eithne control is broken, Eredin immun (card-advantage Ciri) is completely broken and Artifacts are still stupid.

Still having fun playing boost Folest and reveal but I'm not sure this will last long if they take ages for updates.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I began playing this game as I am waiting for Artifact, and goddamn... I slept on this game hard. They need to work on the menus a bit, but the gameplay is so much fun.

Any noobs tips? I like green.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The really need to nerf Eskel, Vesemir and Lambert. Literally every deck runs them, change it even if it's just 1 provision extra each. Even i run them because they are that good. At the moment if you are going first you can get 16 power on the board, thin your deck by 2 (assuming 2 of the witchers are not in your starting hand). If you have Roach you can get 20 power off the bat. I must admit i do like the premium versions of the cards.

Also anyone got a good Scoia'tael deck they are running?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Using Deathwish vs Eithne players is hilarious. They have to kill my stuff which just gives me points hehe.

Also have no idea which leader skin I want to spend my reward points on. I don't really care about the leader models. Guess I'll just save them for whenever the next leaders are added.

I began playing this game as I am waiting for Artifact, and goddamn... I slept on this game hard. They need to work on the menus a bit, but the gameplay is so much fun.

Any noobs tips? I like green.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is play ranked as much as possible, not casual. You get the same rewards in terms of exp and daily rewards, but you can also unlock an avatar for each rank you progress, and you get reward points at the end of a season for your rank. Admittedly probably not a lot if you're like rank 26, but every little bit helps. (Also you can't drop down a rank in the first 5 ranks.)

The really need to nerf Eskel, Vesemir and Lambert. Literally every deck runs them, change it even if it's just 1 provision extra each. Even i run them because they are that good. At the moment if you are going first you can get 16 power on the board, thin your deck by 2 (assuming 2 of the witchers are not in your starting hand). If you have Roach you can get 20 power off the bat. I must admit i do like the premium versions of the cards.

Also anyone got a good Scoia'tael deck they are running?

I'm pretty sure Witchers (and Roach) will be nerfed in the upcoming patch. I can't recall the last time I played against someone who didn't use Witchers.

I haven't been playing Scoia'tael, so can't help you there. Every Scoia'tael player I've played recently is using Eithne with Wolfsbane and Regis though.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Only one I can think of off the top of my head is play ranked as much as possible, not casual. You get the same rewards in terms of exp and daily rewards, but you can also unlock an avatar for each rank you progress, and you get reward points at the end of a season for your rank. Admittedly probably not a lot if you're like rank 26, but every little bit helps. (Also you can't drop down a rank in the first 5 ranks.)

I'm rank 3, so it'll be a while. But thanks!

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/gwent-ask-a-dev.8684150/page-114#post-11258410
  • Eithné - only 4 charges to her leader ability for the whole game
  • Morvran Voorhis - ability tweak
  • Hemdal added to the game
  • Thunderbolt - Targets only allies and has two charges which boost by 3
  • Wolfsbane - targets all units, not only enemies
  • Xavier Lemmens - cost up to 12 provisions and can only banish up to 3 cards
  • Also, well be introducing a quality of life improvement where you can right click on you deck and see which cards are left (in random order of course)
  • We're also thinking about adding armor to artifacts, so units can remove them, but won't be able to implement this by December.
I see they've taken the "nuke from orbit" approach to balancing.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Wait, are you playing on PC or console?

In either case, you'll still get seasonal rewards. But if you're playing on console you'll be getting the Homecoming update on Dec 4th which changes the game a lot.
PS4 and I am actually worried about that update. I LOVE the game how it is right now... As for the update, am I starting from scratch? Should I not buy the starter pack yet and wait for the update?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 and I am actually worried about that update. I LOVE the game how it is right now... As for the update, am I starting from scratch? Should I not buy the starter pack yet and wait for the update?
You get full scrap value for your whole collection so getting cards now would actually be preferable. Of course If you end up disliking Homecoming the money would be wasted.

RIP Wolfsbane. I wonder if Zoltan: Scoundrell and Golden Froth will get nerfed too?
I think the previous nerf was enough. I've literally not even seen either card once since then. Although that just seems like a massive overreaction by the player base. They're still good cards.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
You get full scrap value for your whole collection so getting cards now would actually be preferable. Of course If you end up disliking Homecoming the money would be wasted.

That's interesting. And I guess $5 is not too much in the long run to pay for a few weeks with the game... thanks for the info!

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I apologize for another question but should I wait to open my starter kegs until after I get the expansion on the 4th?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
This new Scoia'tael event is one way to get me to stop playing for a week. Everyone will just be playing Eithne now. Well done CDPR.

I see they've taken the "nuke from orbit" approach to balancing.

Yeah, it's how they always nerf, sadly. Wolfsbane change is interesting to think about at least, since you need to take into account both sides. In the future it might still find a niche in decks that don't play wide or something like Skellige self-wound that doesn't mind being injured, I guess. Suppose we'll have to see what all the changes end up like.

I apologize for another question but should I wait to open my starter kegs until after I get the expansion on the 4th?

Since you're on PS4 I'd say open them. You can still use any cards you get before the update and then they'll get turned into full scrap with the update. So it's best of both.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's how they always nerf, sadly. Wolfsbane change is interesting to think about at least, since you need to take into account both sides. In the future it might still find a niche in decks that don't play wide or something like Skellige self-wound that doesn't mind being injured, I guess.
I hadn't thought about that. That's very interesting. Honestly self wound Skellige has always been one of the more interesting archetypes, but Greatsword ruined it in beta by being the only viable and most boring form of it. Now that Greatsword is different, a genuine self wound deck might have a chance to shine.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Since you're on PS4 I'd say open them. You can still use any cards you get before the update and then they'll get turned into full scrap with the update. So it's best of both.

Opened them, but I have no idea if the cards are good or not. I really like green, though--I assume you get all the leaders from challenges? And I am not looking up deck lists or card lists for this game, as that aspect of the game ruined Hearthstone for me. I just want to organically learn what is good and what is not.

However, could someone explain how Swap works? There is a green card that states if it is Swapped it gets played, but I have not figured out how to get that to work.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
It's a mulligan thing. So if you mulligan it, it gets played. But they changed it to swap because it was OP so now only cards that swap count is a swap.. if you get what I mean.

But don't worry about it, there is no swap in new gwent anymore.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Some of the changes they made are just boggling. #RIPBirna (I know she's still playable, I just liked her how she was.)

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Wolfsbane. Ending with wolfsbane and wild boar was so good.

The most important thing they need to do is to make the game faster.

Oct 27, 2017
Are we suppose to see the remaining mulligans of your opponent? I won so many games because of it lol.

When you see people saving all their mulligans for round 3, you know its a good time to push hard in round 2.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TG5AzU2.jpg
199C7C8.jpg
TA3b3Ty.jpg
B1QNlv0.jpg

These are the 4 decks i currently run. I really need a Scoia'tael deck now. I just need scraps, blew all my scraps on premium cards :(

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
The Gwent reddit seems to be imploding on itself lately. Wonder how long it will last.

Anyway, there was an interview with Gwent community manager Burza yesterday. Apparently CDPR are thinking about doing a developer stream for the roadmap in December, to talk through their plans and vision for the game. Whether it happens is another thing entirely though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/9zif36/interview_of_pawel_burza_with_korvach/

Two people in the comments have kindly combined a bunch of points from the interview. Might be overlap here and there.

• Focus right now is delivering console release and balance patch
  • They will be released at the same time
  • Also planning 2019 roadmap -items being considered include new faction, spectator, new game mode
  • They plan to stream a reveal of the road map
  • They are going to present more ideas they are thinking about internally to get our feedback. One example of this is armor on artifacts.
  • Holiday events are on hold for now because they focused on Thronebreaker. Might make a return in 2019
  • Many members of the Thronebreaker team have returned to the Gwent team
  • They really like the tactical advantage coin flip solution
  • They wanted the game to have more players at this point and will use this as a building point to make the game as great as they can.
  • In retrospect it was hard to promote Gwent and Thronebreaker at one time for joint releases. Focused on Thronebreaker.
  • Quen is not returning (my note - use the name on another card then)
  • Some honest conversation about Artifact and the state of the CCG market
  • They are discussing the pace of new cards and might have big releases and some smaller releases
  • They are excited about the deck tracker and might consider adding a banished card list if there is enough demand

Tournaments are very complicated feature and there are more important stuff to do first like new faction, new mode, balancing, fixing and stuff...

RNG is part of card games but impact on the game and counter play is different based on the game and type of RNG. They mentioned some bad RNG in Gwent, but I didnt catch mention about getting rid of it.

Long talk about other games (Artifact, MTGA...) and impact on Gwent. Conclusion was that Gwent is VERY unique card game and thats big advantage in such saturated market. And after fixing problems, people should find a way back.

Streamers are leaving to try something new and Artifact even announced some big stuff (like 1mil tournament, observer and tournament mode etc.), so its very attractive for pro and streamer players. But sponsoring streamers is not a way to go for CDPR.

Releasing Gwent and TB at the same time, might have been mistake, but sounded cool in theory. Another "Witcher stories" depends on response on TB (mostly sales of course). It may come back, may be in different form or not at all.

December patch main focus is bugfixing and balance in terms of power/provision numbers, no new cards or other "big" stuff.

Coinflip solution seems to be good so far. Hand limit/card draw still awaiting more feedback. Game needs to be balanced and meta settled before making decisions on that one.

Provision on leaders is not a good solution for leader balancing.

Armor probably coming back in some form (it is already implemented from TB). Strengthening units was not a good mechanic, so probably not coming back.

Banish list, provision costs on cards in match not planned yet. Provide feedback if its important to you.

Premium "Tactical advantage" should come in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything console players need to do before the update? What happens to our cards when the update hits? I remember it said we get full value for all cards, but do they automatically dismantle everything or only the cards that they got rid of?

I have a stupid amount of kegs, scrap, powder and most cards are built (some with well over three copies). I've just been holding on to everything until the update.

Oct 27, 2017
Everything but the cards from the new starter decks turns into scraps I think. Use all Ore and open all the kegs. Keep the powder for the board skins.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
So I busted a Kambi today and I see her included in a few SK lists, but have no idea how to use her to generate card advantage.

How are you supposed to use Kambi? <.<;;

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
So I busted a Kambi today and I see her included in a few SK lists, but have no idea how to use her to generate card advantage.

How are you supposed to use Kambi? <.<;;

It won't generate card advantage, but you can play it when your opponent has a few cards left in hand to maybe catch a good gold they are saving for later round/last play. It won't work if you don't have any cards in hand though, so you and opponent need at least 1 card in hand. Also good to use when you have something like a Skirmisher or Morkvarg at side of your hand so you get extra points (but not necessary).

I unsubscribed from that toxic place ages ago.

It's been bad since open beta started, but the last month or so it's absolutely dire the worst I've ever seen it. I check it for news, since it's easiest place to find it, but I'm tired of wading through all their shite.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I didn't play Gwent all that much prior to Homecoming. I dabbled a bit and reached player level 15 or so. I think I climbed to rank 10 or something one season. I didn't really know how to play that much--mostly just netdecked something from Swim.

I am enjoying Homecoming--maybe about as much as I liked old Gwent. It's not really the kind of card game I enjoy; I prefer games more like Magic or Hearthstone, but I can appreciate it for what it is. I think the game is in a better state, but the devs have really put their community through the ringer.

Part of the problem, I think, is Artifact. A number of Gwent personalities (the content creators and kind of rock stars for the game) have realized that A) they're not going to make much from Gwent because their just isn't a huge audience / demand for that content and B) tournaments are probably not going to be that lucrative going forward. Asking content creators to go through a six month drought is pretty hard, and having something new and shiny like Artifact has these same creators excited at the possibility of "trying again", or getting in at the ground level to be the next major figure for the game. For the most part, it seems like (at least in HS's case) third-tier streamers--people who failed to really take off or garner an audience (with Savjz and Stancifka probably being the exception). For Gwent, I think it's just people trying to take advantage of Valve-funded tournaments and potential new audiences. That's fine.

I don't think Gwent is in a good place business-wise, though I don't have any figures to back it up. The game finally gets its release, and Thronebreaker to boot, but it feels like people are bailing. I'll keep playing it on the side, but I'll also be playing HS and trying Artifact. I hope Gwent succeeds. I love the Witcher universe and the art in this game is absolutely stunning. Realistically, I don't know. I don't think TB got the numbers they wanted and with the community reeling from the loss of high-profile players....who knows?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I doubt it is in a good place business-wise. The game is so F2P and most people who are playing are probably older players who have tons of scrap, so there's no need to pay for anything. I don't know how common new players are though, but if any of them visit that Gwent reddit they will likely not bother sticking around.

CDPR just need to focus on improving the game and try to turn perception around for those who don't like it - balance it, bug fix, tournament mode, new interesting archetypes and mechanics. I also think they should seriously consider a tavern board skin and the option for 3D leaders to be turned off, to appeal to people who are turned off by the new battlefield visuals.

They also need to market it heavily. I never see any ads for Gwent, yet I always see ads for Hearthstone and Magic (I'm sure Artifact will start off strong with that too). And maybe consider having Gwent on Steam and mobile, GOG exclusive is them trying to have people on their launcher, but if it limits your playerbase so much I don't know if it's worth it.

I like Homecoming, I think it is a good base for the game going forward. Saying that, after 2 years with a game that was constantly changing every few months, I understand why streamers are moving on to a different game with a lot of hype and money surrounding it that probably isn't going to change every few months. Not that I'm interested in Artifact, I only play Gwent because I love Witcher world and its characters.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I've started seeing ads on YouTube (in Japanese), but my perception is that it's simply not popular here where HS and Shadowverse command the lion's share of the market.

I've purchased the starter bundle and the HC bundle, as well as about $50 worth of packs (and Thronebreaker). I don't mind supporting the game. That said, I agree that it's going to need new players or just new content soonish.