• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I never got into Gwent in the Witcher 3 and was always waiting for this to get out of beta to give it a try. Then I forgot about it. Finally enough in my excitement for Artifact I've been frustrated I can't play yet and decided to look up Gwent and give it a try last night.

I really enjoyed it! I don't really know much about how old Gwent was so I won't have any baggage from their big changes. Started with the monsters starter deck and had a lot of fun learning the different strategy to this game. Only other card game I really play is Magic and this is a lot different. I love the Witcher games so much and I'm now I'm finally a fan of Gwent for sure!

Hope the game stays healthy, I'll be playing it but Lord knows I will be playing tons of Artifact as well, I love dota and have been waiting so long to play it.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
So I've tried to play a few games each night before sleep. So far I'm liking the Nilfgaard reveal deck. I also like the Foltest Draug deck though it's super easy to counter if you concentrate on taking out the blue stripe commandos.

I'm trying to make a scoia tael control deck but I just can't seem to get it right.

So far I'm enjoying the game but yeah, artifacts are still total bullshit.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Part of the problem, I think, is Artifact. A number of Gwent personalities (the content creators and kind of rock stars for the game) have realized that A) they're not going to make much from Gwent because their just isn't a huge audience / demand for that content and B) tournaments are probably not going to be that lucrative going forward. Asking content creators to go through a six month drought is pretty hard, and having something new and shiny like Artifact has these same creators excited at the possibility of "trying again", or getting in at the ground level to be the next major figure for the game. For the most part, it seems like (at least in HS's case) third-tier streamers--people who failed to really take off or garner an audience (with Savjz and Stancifka probably being the exception). For Gwent, I think it's just people trying to take advantage of Valve-funded tournaments and potential new audiences. That's fine.

Out of all the streamers that left Gwent for Artifact. Only Swim has seen actual growth, getting sponsorship and stuff. A lot of others' viewership dipped. I'm not counting Lifecoach because he had a following since the HS days.

I understand leaving gwent for Artifact for bigger prize money for the top-tier competitive players. However, for small streamers, leaving for Artifact isn't a great business decision. The big streamers that had viewers from other games will eat up the viewership of Artifact.

A example is just today Ashlizzlle was playing in the gwent tournament, had 300+ viewers, then she switched to Artifact and was left with 70 viewers.

We have seen this effect with Fortnite and we are seeing it again on a smaller scale with Artifact.

I'm happy that Pumpkin, Shinmiri, Oceanmud, Mcbeard and others stayed with gwent.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've tried to play a few games each night before sleep. So far I'm liking the Nilfgaard reveal deck. I also like the Foltest Draug deck though it's super easy to counter if you concentrate on taking out the blue stripe commandos.

I'm trying to make a scoia tael control deck but I just can't seem to get it right.

So far I'm enjoying the game but yeah, artifacts are still total bullshit.

The game is amazing, they just need to fix these areas in my opinion.

- Streamline some of the main menus
- Make some balance changes
- Have events
- Release new cards (even if it's like 15 cards per faction)
- Make the game a bit faster

It's very polished for what it is and I feel I has the same excellent presentation that Hearthstone has. The business model is pretty generous and you are always getting card kegs.

I don't really have too much of an issue with Artifacts. They are not overpowered, just can seem annoying to deal with. If you look at the Shield for example if it stays on the field for 8 turns, then it has only generated 8 points which is no different than playing a 8 power unit. I know the Spear and Legendary Sword are probably the ones you are referring to.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really have too much of an issue with Artifacts. They are not overpowered, just can seem annoying to deal with. If you look at the Shield for example if it stays on the field for 8 turns, then it has only generated 8 points which is no different than playing a 8 power unit. I know the Spear and Legendary Sword are probably the ones you are referring to.

Even the shield can generate way more than just 8 points though. It helps to keep engines alive and activates engines that trigger with heals.

A shield could easily be worth 15 points. Drawing it in a short round or getting destroyed would be pretty bad of course, so it definitely has its downsides.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Dumb question since I've only played a total of like 6 matches. I noticed the tactical advantage that is given to the first player. Can someone explain the balance behind it? As far as I can tell there's no detriment to be going first like sometimes there could be in Magic where you might rather go second since first player doesn't get to draw on their first turn. This game doesn't have card draw every turn like that.
It just seems to me like a real advantage for no reason, obviously I know I am missing something about the game most likely for why that's necessary.
Is it just because you have to be the first to play a card from hand?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question since I've only played a total of like 6 matches. I noticed the tactical advantage that is given to the first player. Can someone explain the balance behind it? As far as I can tell there's no detriment to be going first like sometimes there could be in Magic where you might rather go second since first player doesn't get to draw on their first turn. This game doesn't have card draw every turn like that.
It just seems to me like a real advantage for no reason, obviously I know I am missing something about the game most likely for why that's necessary.
Reactivity is more important in Gwent than pretty much any other card game. Something like Hearthstone has first player advantage because you get bodies on the board first and get to dictate most trades or just go face. Gwent has almost none of that besides orders. An extreme example of how important reactivity is would be if both players have 5 engines (cards that generate points over time) and 5 removal cards in hand in the beginning. Player 1 plays an engine, player 2 gets to remove it. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Oh look, player 2 is 20 points ahead. Player 1 can decide to use removal as well but they are generally terrible value when used on other removal units.

Player 2 also gets to dictate round one pretty much completely. Play as low or high tempo as you want, pass whenever you want. For example, if player 2 makes a big play, player 1 has to answer it or lose on even cards (which is bad but not necessarily as bad as in beta due to hand size limit). If player 1 makes a big play, player 2 can just pass and save their points if they don't feel like competing for round 1.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Have been using the atrocious Woodland artifact control deck to climb the lower ranks.

I'm now at rank 13 and this deck is still very effective lol. Giving up r1 against this deck is devastating unless I get bad draws r3.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Reactivity is more important in Gwent than pretty much any other card game. Something like Hearthstone has first player advantage because you get bodies on the board first and get to dictate most trades or just go face. Gwent has almost none of that besides orders. An extreme example of how important reactivity is would be if both players have 5 engines (cards that generate points over time) and 5 removal cards in hand in the beginning. Player 1 plays an engine, player 2 gets to remove it. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Oh look, player 2 is 20 points ahead. Player 1 can decide to use removal as well but they are generally terrible value when used on other removal units.

Player 2 also gets to dictate round one pretty much completely. Play as low or high tempo as you want, pass whenever you want. For example, if player 2 makes a big play, player 1 has to answer it or lose on even cards (which is bad but not necessarily as bad as in beta due to hand size limit). If player 1 makes a big play, player 2 can just pass and save their points if they don't feel like competing for round 1.
Thanks for the detailed reply! It definitely makes sense to me now, I knew there was a valid reason to have it. It just wasn't clear to me since I wasn't picturing how the whole game could play out in it's entirety.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Have been using the atrocious Woodland artifact control deck to climb the lower ranks.

I'm now at rank 13 and this deck is still very effective lol. Giving up r1 against this deck is devastating unless I get bad draws r3.

I'm surprised people would openly post they use a deck like that. Almost made me uninstall last night. Game is so bad right now with trash decks like that.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I'm surprised people would openly post they use a deck like that. Almost made me uninstall last night. Game is so bad right now with trash decks like that.

The best way to beat this deck is to keep pushing round 1.

Especially when you are going second and they are going first.

Having last say in the third round is very important against control decks in general.

Oct 27, 2017
A Henselt player who would align my units with his machines to get a big villentretenmerth and scorch combo - bravo you got me. Current Eithne/Schirru/Scorch is the moron version of that, even the dumbest person can pull off.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This was a very big issue in old gwent where you could easily gain card advantage in the first round. They balanced the game quite a bit with the mechanics of the rounds and that 5 point advantage. It solved a problem but on the other hand it made the game completely different than it was. I mostly use the first two rounds to thin my deck, which has really nothing to do with how gwent was played. I don't even care I play first in the last round. I probably lose the first round 90% of the times.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Man everyone is using wolfsbane, can it be 4th of decemeber all ready?
It's insane that long round strategies got stronger in Homecoming AND short rounds became almost nonexistent.

R1 is at least 6 cards and so is R3 if you don't win R1 and bleed R2.

I don't know if I even want a direct point/provision nerf for cards like Wolfsbane, I just need to be able control round length. The game should have probably been 14 cards instead of 16. That would already make a huge difference.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
It's insane that long round strategies got stronger in Homecoming AND short rounds became almost nonexistent.

R1 is at least 6 cards and so is R3 if you don't win R1 and bleed R2.

I don't know if I even want a direct point/provision nerf for cards like Wolfsbane, I just need to be able control round length. The game should have probably been 14 cards instead of 16. That would already make a huge difference.

The fact that wolfsbane only hits the enemy was pretty insane. I was just baffled when I first realized it.

As for artifacts, I can safely say that majority of decks I go against in ranked are artifact decks, If I see Eithne or Woodland Spirit I know there's a 90% chance it's a artifact deck. If I happen to be running a deck with less than 3 artifact removals I just forfeit after the second artifact drops from the opponent as it's quite literally unbeatable unless the opponent goofs up and scorch/epidemic his own units.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
With thunderbolt potion not being able to buff opponents, I think big consume monster would dominate Artifact decks.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we also get meteorite powder from transmuted cards or just scraps once the old Gwent is gone and HC kicks in on console on the 4th?

You get the full value of whatever your cards are worth in scraps (no powder). As an example If it's a normal Legendary card then you get 800 scraps, if it's a Premium legendary then you will get 1600 back which will allow you to make whatever got 'wiped' again without losing anything. It's actually good because if you got cards you didn't want in beta then you can make whatever you want when the game releases.

Oct 27, 2017
You get the full value of whatever your cards are worth in scraps (no powder). As an example If it's a normal Legendary card then you get 800 scraps, if it's a Premium legendary then you will get 1600 back which will allow you to make whatever got 'wiped' again without losing anything. It's actually good because if you got cards you didn't want in beta then you can make whatever you want when the game releases.
Thanks!

Any advice for starting?
Also, should I play Thronebreaker first before jumping in to HC head first?

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!

Any advice for starting?
Also, should I play Thronebreaker first before jumping in to HC head first?

You could start with Thronebreaker if you are unfamiliar with the game as it will teach you the basics. The the issue with starting with Thronebreaker is the cards have different values or stats in that game compared to Gwent so it won't really teach you the cards themselves but rather the basic game mechanics.

If you need some deck ideas i posted some on the previous page and Trynet123 has some over at Twitter.

Here is a deckbuilding website, you can get some really competent decks going for really cheap. I did the naughty thing and wasted all my beta scraps into premium cards lol. If you don't waste your scraps on Premium cards then you can make it go a long way.

https://gwenty.gg/

If you are starting out as a Free to Play player then i would recommend picking one faction and one or two decks instead of going too wipe.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
You could start with Thronebreaker if you are unfamiliar with the game as it will teach you the basics. The the issue with starting with Thronebreaker is the cards have different values or stats in that game compared to Gwent so it won't really teach you the cards themselves but rather the basic game mechanics.

If you need some deck ideas i posted some on the previous page and Trynet123 has some over at Twitter.

Here is a deckbuilding website, you can get some really competent decks going for really cheap. I did the naughty thing and wasted all my beta scraps into premium cards lol. If you don't waste your scraps on Premium cards then you can make it go a long way.

https://gwenty.gg/

If you are starting out as a Free to Play player then i would recommend picking one faction and one or two decks instead of going too wipe.
Fantastic! Thanks a million ;)
I think I'll start with the Thronebreaker first. I'm level 51 and have a fair amount of cards, but not nearly enough to go all in with the premiums, i'll be careful with crafting.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Massive Gwent patch.

3b769194ed455585877b96ddf88c04570afc7a71_hq.jpg

I won't post the bugfixes

New features and improvements:

New card added: Hemdall
It is now possible to see which cards remain in your deck by clicking on it. Cards will be shown in a random order.
The recruit cost of cards is now visible when opening kegs.
Cards can now be filtered by their type in the Deck Builder.
Card set naming has been standardized.
It is now possible to click the left arrow in the keg purchase window to show the maximum number of kegs one can claim with their available Ore.

NEUTRAL

Xavier Lemmens: recruit cost changed from 8 to 10; ability changed to "Deploy, Melee: Banish up to 3 cards in enemy graveyard. Ranged: Banish up to 3 cards in your graveyard."
Vesemir: power changed from 4 to 3
Lambert: power changed from 4 to 3
Eskel: power changed from 4 to 3
Ciri: power changed from 6 to 4
Roach: power changed from 4 to 3
Frenzied D'ao: power changed from 7 to 6
Regis: recruit cost changed from 11 to 13
Epidemic: recruit cost changed from 8 to 9
Dragon's Dream: recruit cost changed from 9 to 12
Scorch: recruit cost changed from 11 to 14
Enraged Ifrit: Reach value removed
Bomb Heaver: power changed from 4 to 3; recruit cost changed from 6 to 5
Geralt: Igni: ability changed to "Deploy, Melee: Destroy the highest unit(s) on an enemy row with a total of 20 or more power."
Ciri: Dash: ability changed to "After 5 turns, on turn end, draw a card."
Wolfsbane: recruit cost changed from 8 to 9; ability changed to "Damage all units with even power by 2, or damage all units with odd power by 2."
Saesenthessis: Blaze: recruit cost changed from 12 to 11
Elf and Onion Soup: recruit cost changed from 7 to 6
Trial of the Grasses: recruit cost changed from 9 to 8
Myrgtabrakke: recruit cost changed from 9 to 8
Iris von Everec: recruit cost changed from 9 to 8
Iris' Companions: power changed from 4 to 5
Skellige Storm: recruit cost changed from 10 to 9

MONSTERS

Eredin Bréacc Glas: Leader ability changed to "Boost a unit by 3 and give it Immune."
Arachas Queen: number of redraws changed from 1 to 2
Caranthir Ar-Feiniel: power changed from 4 to 3
Alpha Werewolf: power changed from 5 to 4
Forktail: power changed from 5 to 4; recruit cost changed from 5 to 6
Draug: recruit cost changed from 12 to 13
Ruehin: recruit cost changed from 11 to 12
Wild Hunt Warrior: ability changed to "Deploy: Damage a unit by the number of Wild Hunt units you control."

SKELLIGE

Savage Bear: recruit cost changed from 4 to 5
Drummond Queensguard: recruit cost changed from 6 to 7
Lippy Gudmund: recruit cost changed from 8 to 10
Wild Boar of the Sea: power changed from 5 to 4; recruit cost changed from 10 to 11
Gremist: power changed from 2 to 3; ability changed to "Order, Ranged: Play a bronze Alchemy card from your graveyard."
Udalryk an Brokvar: recruit cost changed from 7 to 6

NORTHERN REALMS

King Foltest: number of redraws changed from 4 to 3
King Henselt: number of redraws changed from 2 to 3
Rivian Pikeman: conditional damage amount changed from 3 to 2
Foltest's Pride: recruit cost changed from 8 to 9
Anna Strenger: recruit cost changed from 6 to 7
Prince Stennis: number of charges given changed from 2 to 1
Damned Sorceress: Reach value changed from 2 to 1
Sabrina Glevissig: damage amount changed from 3 to 2; recruit cost changed from 7 to 6
Reynard Odo: recruit cost changed from 10 to 9
Trebuchet: recruit cost changed from 6 to 5
Reinforced Trebuchet: recruit cost changed from 6 to 5

SCOIA'TAEL

Filavandrel: number of redraws changed from 4 to 3
Eithné: Leader ability changed to "Order: Damage a unit by 1. Charge: 4."
Panther: recruit cost changed from 5 to 6
Dol Blathanna Bowman: power changed from 3 to 2
Milva: power changed from 4 to 3
Blue Mountain Elite: now has Reach: 1
Dol Blathanna Bomber: power changed from 3 to 2
Vrihedd Officer: recruit cost changed from 5 to 6
Sheldon Skaggs: power changed from 2 to 3
Gabor Zigrin: recruit cost changed from 10 to 9
Isengrim Faoiltiarna: recruit cost changed from 10 to 9
Mahakam Volunteers: recruit cost changed from 6 to 5
Half-Elf Hunter: Reach value changed from 1 to 2
Malena: now has Zeal

NILFGAARD

Morvran Voorhis: Leader ability changed to "Order: Reveal a random card from your opponent's deck and boost an ally by 2. Charge: 3."
Emhyr var Emreis: number of redraws changed from 2 to 3
Usurper: number of redraws changed from 0 to 1
Slave Infantry: recruit cost changed from 6 to 7
Deithwen Arbalest: damage amount changed from 2 to 1
Daerlan Soldier: power changed from 4 to 3
Recruit: recruit cost changed from 4 to 5
Sweers: recruit cost changed from 8 to 9
False Ciri: recruit cost changed from 8 to 7
Hefty Helge: power changed from 2 to 3

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Wolfsbane, Witcher trio and Roach get a thumbs up from me. Truly oppressive cards getting a proper adjustment. Although some are thinking Witchers + Roach will still be practically auto-include. Even if so, at least they don't immediately win any round they're played in anymore.

Other than that it seems underwhelming. Artifacts in particular only got an indirect nerf through Scorch and Epidemic. In general shaving a couple of points off of unhealthy mechanics that snowball to dozens of points doesn't accomplish much...

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Made a quick Warrior deck

mC5CkW1.png

Probably needs changes. And so far Hemdall doesn't really seem worth it in this sort of deck due to lack of damaging Warriors, but I wanted to try him out with Hjalmar. There's fun in using the an Craite siblings together too.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the update. I did the tutorial and opened my 160 kegs (couldn't access Gwent the past few days as the "game version is no longer supported"). Milled the spare cards which put me over 465K scrap and instantly created all Leaders, only to realize that you can get them through the Reward Book? Not a huge deal, but I felt like an idiot.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. How's the performance for everyone? I'm on base PS4 and during a match it's alright, but navigating the menu/deck builder is horrible. Stalls every few seconds for roughly three seconds each stall. My friend is on PS4 Pro and he says that during matches the game has serious framerate issues. Animated cards are apparently slideshows.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. How's the performance for everyone? I'm on base PS4 and during a match it's alright, but navigating the menu/deck builder is horrible. Stalls every few seconds for roughly three seconds each stall. My friend is on PS4 Pro and he says that during matches the game has serious framerate issues. Animated cards are apparently slideshows.

I think CDPR said this is known and said to either set your resolution to 1080p on the console or turn off Boost Mode.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Geralt Igni card update seems a bit exxagerated. Its kinda worthless in arena. Wolfsbane should, at least, damage units differently if they are allies or enemies.

Oct 27, 2017
They somehow managed to make navigating the Deck Builder worse after the update. Not only does it continue to stall, but now it'll randomly jump sections when pressing left/right.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Finished my games with Skellige Warriors - had a blast. Now moved onto having fun with Usurper, lots of people playing Woodland this season. Guess they all migrated from Eithne with the patch.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Dusted all of the nerfed cards and looking to make something...original...I guess.
I've never made my own deck in Gwent before--no idea where to start!

I think I want to make something with Traps!
And Spies!
And maybe Weather abuse!

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing a northern realms type of deck and im starting to like it. Nowhere near as strong as my last crach an craite but its more fun to play.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still experimenting with decks. But... I have a problem where controller stops responding (X button/ PS4) during a game and I can't pick a card. The only option is to forfeit. I play ranked, so that sucks.
Any word on when's the next update?.. This build is a bit wonky on console.

Oct 27, 2017
Dusted all of the nerfed cards and looking to make something...original...I guess.
I've never made my own deck in Gwent before--no idea where to start!

I think I want to make something with Traps!
And Spies!
And maybe Weather abuse!
Go into the deck builder, start adding cards and then test and edit the hell out of that deck until you're happy and it suits your playstyle. There's only a handful of times I've built net-decks (early on when I was learning the game) and I never really felt satisfied playing them. I guess you can never truly make a unique, never-before-seen deck, but when you do make your own that competes well against people in your class, you get an odd sense of accomplishment.

(On this topic, why is everyone using the Witchers? And why do they waste them in the first round!? There's so many great cards that can be used, yet, almost every game I see them. Very weird.)

I'm still experimenting with decks. But... I have a problem where controller stops responding (X button/ PS4) during a game and I can't pick a card. The only option is to forfeit. I play ranked, so that sucks.
Any word on when's the next update?.. This build is a bit wonky on console.
Ya they botched this update pretty good. Sadly I don't see it coming out any time soon as this one just released. I haven't had my controller lose function during a match yet, but I have had so many other issues that I've scratched my head wondering how this got passed certification.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
So.... 100+ card expansion in March, Thronebreaker stuff with Meve and 4 other leaders in January.
Mulligans will go to 3+2+1 and leaders will affect recruit cap instead.

And some smaller stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Mulligans will go to 3+2+1 and leaders will affect recruit cap instead.
They spoke about experimenting with the idea of drawing one card in the second round and two cards in the third round, too. I hope they do that.

I'm not quite sure about their thinking behind their dry-pass solution, by giving you extra mulligans instead of burning cards past your cards-in-hand cap. If anything that would result in people taking less risks and dry-passing more, if you know that you can just mulligan more.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Some really great stuff in the video, hopefully they can deliver on it. The occasional seasonal stuff, like Bears invading casual matches during Bear season, sounds great to keep things entertaining. Also changing overdrawn cards into mulligans is pretty interesting, will have to see how it turns out. With only 2 bronzes now, not 3, I think reducing the amount of draws across a game isn't going to feel good though.

Also I guess the new leaders we're getting in January will be Meve for NR, Gernichora for Monsters, Ardal aep Dahy for NG, Arnjolf for Skellige and Eldain for Scoia'tael.

Wish they would have just confirmed what they are doing with Radovid and all the Redania stuff.

Also I hope this is the last time the game lead is changed. Everytime it changes we seem to change direction again.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not quite sure about their thinking behind their dry-pass solution, by giving you extra mulligans instead of burning cards past your cards-in-hand cap. If anything that would result in people taking less risks and dry-passing more, if you know that you can just mulligan more.
Yeah I don't think that would achieve anything substantial. You already get to toss your bad cards to avoid discarding, or discard on purpose if your hand is great. All this really does is reward you even more if you already have a good hand.

With only 2 bronzes now, not 3, I think reducing the amount of draws across a game isn't going to feel good though.
Card draw reduction would probably come with a deck size (and recruit cap) reduction.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taken from Reddit
  • Intro
Jason Salma, is with Pawel Burza. Jason Salma is new Gwent director's.

They're going to talk about Update philosophy.

An hotfix is coming soon.

• January update
In January, 5 new leaders tied to TB are coming : Meve, Gernichora, Eldain...

They want the game to be smoother.

Too many things were changed with Thronebreaker. They're going to adapt the provision system.

Leaders are going to change the provision limit instead of mulligans.

Blacklisting may come back. For the moment, they just keep an eye on it.

The hand limit is probably a bit too agressive.

• Upcoming features
Faction challenges were a bit stales. They're going to change it. For example if Nilfgaard win, you will see Nilfgaard's kegs in the shop.

Instead of counting only victories, they want to have quest to accomplish for each faction.

For the first faction challenge, all 5 factions are going to be in the competition.

Seasonal Trees. They want to have an event every month where the season change the casual mode (for week end events for example). Like season of the bear, each player have a bear and it shouldn't die.

They also want to have some quests inside the trees. They're also going to add new card backs for each season.

• Communications
They're going to change and explain more the design process.

• Q&A
New faction next year.

Holiday events were very time consuming for little play time. If they bring them back, they will be different.

Spectator and tournament modes: On the to do list. No date.

Jason hates Sihil, expect a nerf.

Nilfgaard will be great again... They still don't know how for the moment thought.

Open PTR are not worth it most of the time. It kills the hype.

Two new arena events planned. Deckswap is coming (and you will be able to see your deck now!)

Arena: 11+ provision event and 4 provision event are planned.

More game boards coming

Gwent is not dead!

Preface edit: Gwent is in incredibly good hands with Jason. Very passionate and very knowledgeable about what makes Gwent special. :)

Leaders will be balanced by provisions and everyone will get 3-2-1 mulligans per round.

Also looking at hand limit: if you draw a card over the hand limit moving between rounds, that card gets converted to a mulligan (I'm assuming it also goes back into your deck?). Could be super interesting.

Interesting ideas for revamping faction challenges, going to be more engaging with consequential outcomes (winning faction has their kegs in the shop, etc.).

Special game modes based on the season. For example, season of the bear has a mode with a bear spawning initially on each side of the board that you have to protect.

Special card backs tied to each season and probably included in seasonal trees.

New faction probably in 2019, not many details. Needs to be special and add something unique to the game.

Holiday events were problematic in the past because they took so long to make and were very quickly consumed content. Still wants to bring some element like that back into Gwent.

Spectator mode in the works but not terribly urgent.

Belief that "cards should tell a story." Wants that to be reflected in visual card effects. No further details.

Jason hates Sihil. But also thinks it's fun. Thinks it should exist but probably not in its current form. Thinking about giving it a 2 turn cooldown.

No plans for changes to Arena, but he is thinking about it. Admits they didn't really do much with it. Some arena events currently planned (deck swap, 11+ provisions, 4 provisions).

Some vague plans to work on Nilfgaard. Not super pleased with its current iteration.

New game boards will be coming eventually. Thinking about ways to improve. No specific details.

Oct 27, 2017
New hotfixes for GWENT and Thronebreaker are live!

New hotfixes for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales are now available for PC and PS4! With this update, we've focused on improving stability and performance for consoles.

Full list of changes:
  • Fixed an issue causing Thronebreaker and multiplayer GWENT to crash on PS4 Pro and PS4.
  • Fixed an issue whereby FPS would significantly drop when accessing the GWENT and Thronebreaker Deckbuilder.
  • Fixed minor UI issues.
  • Fixed various tooltips in different languages.
  • Fixed the end-of-game screen in Korean (GWENT).
  • Fixed several in-game Contracts (GWENT).
  • Fixed an issue whereby entering the Mess Tent would cause the game to freeze (Thronebreaker).
  • Added Chinese language support to the GOG version of the game (Thronebreaker).
  • Other stability improvements and fixes.

For Xbox One, the hotfix will become available within the next few days. Until then, Xbox players will only be matched against other Xbox players. Matchmaking for this version of the game will be temporarily adjusted in order to shorten the queue time.