• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Dev livestream tonight (25th). Revealing the last few leaders on stream would be weird when the first two got such cool videos. So I wonder what they will talk about - looks like they will show Letho's new ability, maybe he will work with Tactics.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Well, all the remaining leaders have been revealed now.

Arnjolf seems decent, you can get instant Bloodthirst 3 for your units, as well do interesting things like fill up the opposing row. Also he supports cards like Madman Lugos, Giant Boar, Champion's Charge, which is neat because I never see them played. Also makes a good finisher with Svanrige. There's also the possibility you can even shuffle him back into the deck with Decoy and play him in a later round (unless CDPR put a fix in before). Whether that is worth doing will remain to be seen. He also supports Warriors like Hemdall and Greatswords, but I still don't think they will be worth playing still. Also the problem with him vs Crach is Crach can enable Bloodthirst in every round, not just one. But Arnjolf is definitely interesting.

Eldain seems decent, but I think he will suffer from being bled in round 2 if you lose 1st round. Your opponent knows you probably have cards like Crushing, Pitfall and Incinerating right from the start of the match, so as soon as you play a trap for 0 points in round 2 (after losing 1st), your opponent passes and you probably have to go down a card. I really like the idea though, turning used traps into points.

Gernichora seems pretty good. Basically just a better Arachas Queen from what I can tell at the moment - it's harder for the opponent to interfere with her value because you just consume or destroy (Cyclops, Predatory Dive) the fruits and get another back next turn. We will see how she turns out, looks more promising than Queen does anyway.

Update is tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Gernichora is pretty close to being 1 point per turn. So almost double the baseline, but without any inherent synergies as far as I can see.

Oct 27, 2017
Full list of changes:
  • Added an option on consoles to enable the simultaneous animation of all premium cards present on the screen. Current players must manually activate this feature in settings. For new players, this feature is enabled by default.
  • The game-start "handshake" screen showing premium cards now runs smoother on PC.
  • End-of-game animations now correctly display at the end of the game.
  • After a player ends the turn or passes the round, there is no longer a delay for the action to switch to the other player while the Leaders finish their animations.
  • Round-end animations are now more streamlined, with Summoned and Doomed units clearing from the board simultaneously.
  • Players now draw cards simultaneously.
New Features
  • New Monsters Leader: Gernichora
  • New Nilfgaard Leader: Ardal aep Dahy
  • New Northern Realms Leader: Queen Meve
  • New Scoia'tael Leader: Eldain
  • New Skellige Leader: Arnjolf the Patricide
  • New page in the Reward Book for new Leader Trees and Year Tree
  • New controls have been added for gamepads (Xbox One / PS4):
  • LB,RB / L1,R1: Jump to the leftmost or rightmost side of a row.
  • LT / L2: Switch between opponent and player graveyards.
  • X / Square: Select your Leader.
  • Using a gamepad, the targeting cursor no longer resets each time after using an ability if the ability can be used more than once. It will now remain on the same card on which it was last used.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Also:

Neutral
  • Zoltan: Scoundrel's power changed from 2 to 1.
  • Xavier Lemmens' provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Regis: Higher Vampire's Deploy ability changed to an Order ability.
  • Regis: Higher Vampire's power changed from 1 to 4.
  • Geralt: Yrden's power changed from 4 to 2.
  • Vigo's Muzzle now specifies that it Locks the target unit before Seizing it.
  • Eskel: Pathfinder's power changed from 6 to 4.
  • Eskel: Pathfinder's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Skellige Storm's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Aguara's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Unicorn will now double its boost value if the player controls Chironex on the battlefield.
  • Chironex will now double its damage value if the player controls Unicorn on the battlefield.
  • Avallac'h's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Avallac'h's Order ability can now only be used on the ranged row.
  • Dorregaray of Vole's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Impenetrable Fog's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Biting Frost's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Torrential Rain's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Artefact Compression's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Summoning Circle will now begin with 1 Charge.
  • Wyvern Scale Shield will now refresh its ability only whenever you play a unit.
  • Mastercrafted Spear will now refresh its ability only whenever you play a unit.
  • White Frost's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Phoenix's power changed from 5 to 4.
  • Phoenix's provision cost changed from 14 to 13.
  • Angoulême's ability changed to: "Deploy: Spawn and play a random artifact from your opponent's starting deck."
  • Angoulême's power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Gimpy Gerwin's power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Removed Reach from Gimpy Gerwin's ability.
  • Bekker's Dark Mirror provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
  • Geralt: Professional's power changed from 4 to 3.

Monsters
  • Unseen Elder's provision bonus changed from 14 to 15.
  • Arachas Queen's provision bonus changed from 12 to 15.
  • Abaya's Thrive ability will now show "dark magic" VFX rather than "boost" VFX when triggered.
  • Ozzrel's power changed from 2 to 1
  • Adda: Striga's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Arachas Nest's tooltip no longer specifies that the Arachas Drones are "1-power."

Skellige
  • Bran Tuirseach's provision bonus changed from 13 to 16.
  • Harald the Cripple's provision bonus changed from 14 to 13.
  • Morkvarg's provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
  • Derran's power changed from 4 to 2.
  • Restore's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Jutta an Dimun's provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
  • Yoana's Heal value changed from 1 to 2.
  • Removed Reach from Skjall's ability.
  • Coral's passive ability will not trigger when the opponent Discards your cards.
  • Bran Tuirseach's passive ability will not trigger when the opponent Discards your cards.

Northern Realms
  • Vandergrift's Blade provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Vandergrift's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Field Medic's power changed from 2 to 1.
  • Field Medic's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Trebuchet's Order ability will now damage 3 adjacent units by 1.

Scoia'tael
  • Schirrú will now destroy himself and all other units with the same power.
  • Schirrú's provision cost changed from 11 to 9.
  • Paulie Dahlberg's boost value changed from 4 to 3.
  • Paulie Dahlberg's provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Zoltan Chivay's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Zoltan Chivay's ability will not count himself.
  • Barclay Els' ability will not count himself.
  • Incinerating Trap's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Iorveth's Gambit provision cost changed from 14 to 13.
  • Mahakam Horn's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Crushing Trap's timer changed from 3 to 2 turns.

Nilfgaard
  • Emhyr var Emreis' provision bonus changed from 14 to 12.
  • Letho of Gulet's power changed from 9 to 5.
  • Letho of Gulet's provision cost changed from 11 to 9.
  • Letho of Gulet's ability changed to: "Deploy, Melee: Lock a unit. Deploy, Ranged: Gain 1 additional redraw."
  • Nilfgaardian Knight no longer destroys self if there are no enemy units for it to boost.
  • Impera Enforcers' power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Infiltrator's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Spotter's provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Rot Tosser's provision cost changed from 5 to 7.
  • Magne Division's power changed from 3 to 2.
  • False Ciri's power changed from 4 to 5.
  • The VFX when Vanhemar destroys a unit has been changed to a fire effect.
  • Cynthia's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Traheaern var Vdyffir's provision cost changed from 6 to 7.

Game Fixes
  • Fixed an issue on consoles whereby the player was forced to use all of Morvran Voorhis's Charges at once.
  • Tooltips that stated "on every turn" or had turn counters (e.g. "For 4 turns") now clarify whether they trigger only on allied or enemy turns.
  • Fixed an issue whereby cards that had been previously Revealed in the player's deck would appear duplicated when viewing the deck.
  • Fixed an issue whereby letting the turn timer expire after selecting certain cards in hand would result in their effects incorrectly triggering and pulling cards from an incorrect location.
  • Fixed an issue on consoles whereby a graphical corruption issue in the Change Game Board screen would occur when switching between boards after exiting the Shop without a purchase.
  • Fixed an issue whereby cards opened from kegs would not count towards collection-related contracts (Pitch Perfect, Strange Stew, Wild Hunt, The Usual Suspects, Contract Killer, Hour of Magic). Players who experienced this issue have had the contracts completed retroactively.
  • Botchling's tooltip has been corrected by removing "without changing power."
  • Lubberkin's tooltip has been corrected by removing "without changing power."
  • Wild Hunt Warrior's tooltip now correctly states that it can only damage enemy units.
  • Bloody Flail's tooltip now correctly states that it can damage any unit, not only enemy units.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Shupe's Day Off could be played even if duplicates of Starter Set cards were present in the deck.
  • Blur has been enhanced to improve both performance and visuals (especially on consoles).
  • Fixed an issue whereby Leader animations were not visible at the start of the game.
  • Fixed an issue whereby winning a match in the tutorial would sometimes not unlock the next match.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the order of cards in hand would not match the order of cards in the redraw screen.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the game board would briefly display before the game-start "handshake" screen.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Cahir Dyffryn boosted himself after a unit in the opponent's hand received a boost.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Ronvid the Incessant would get Summoned when the opponent played a Soldier unit from the player's graveyard via Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Locked units would remain Locked after being shuffled into the deck.
  • Fixed an issue whereby manually discarded cards appeared flipped over in the match history window and clicking on them displayed placeholder text for a card with the name Dagon.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Trap cards Spawned via Morana Runestone appeared as blank white cards.
  • Numerous fixes for unlocking Xbox achievements, PlayStation trophies, and GWENT contracts.
  • Numerous localization fixes for Xbox achievements, PlayStation trophies, and GWENT contracts.
  • Numerous tooltip fixes and improvements.
  • Typo fixes in the Reward Book.
  • Numerous other localization fixes.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Seems Gernichora's Fruit allows you to get two Spear refreshes a turn (assuming you eat/destroy it each turn). I'm guessing it will be hotfixed, it seems like a huge oversight.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
I don't think this messes my main deck up at all... Only thing changed was traheaern's provision cost. Phew! Dodged a potential nerf.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing for roughly five hours now on PS4 and came up against one person using a new leader (Gernichora).

What the hell's going on?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I played against a lot of Meve and Ardal yesterday. I think I only faced 2 Arnjolf, and 2-3 Gernichora. 0 Eldain though.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
I wonder how effective Eldain will be? In the video into it shows him turning a trap into an elf to summon the other elf out of the deck. Is that pretty much all he will be used for is mill?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I wonder how effective Eldain will be? In the video into it shows him turning a trap into an elf to summon the other elf out of the deck. Is that pretty much all he will be used for is mill?

You can use him to always guarantee a Call of the Forest target, to give Isengrim more points as a finisher, to give Yaevinn more damage. Also he "hides" your points against removal or damage, which could be useful against decks that get their value out of damaging, like Crach w/ Spears.

I don't think Eldain is very good from what I've seen from streamers trying him, but as we get more Trap and Trap-Elf support he will probably improve.

Oct 27, 2017
Only recently started playing Unseen Elder for the first time because of the Monster EXP buff.

So many 2:0 and he is great in a short round. Imperial Manticore can clear the entire board in a short round unanswered - so dirty.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
Only recently started playing Unseen Elder for the first time because of the Monster EXP buff.

So many 2:0 and he is great in a short round. Imperial Manticore can clear the entire board in a short round unanswered - so dirty.
I'm trying to understand the meta and different deck building strategies here. I've been working on a Usurper deck designed to shut down the opponents deck while playing their cards. My question is along the lines of how to work around that? Do we dare go for a game plan where our leader is absolutely central to our strategy? Or do we simply have our leader function as an added bonus to an already existing strategy lest we have our deck bricked from the start? For me its a big deal that Usurper just removes the leader from the game. So because of this are we left with "best value" cards and hope to out value our opponent?

Edit: Forgot this bit. This might be a better way to phrase my other question(s): What do you do when you don't have Unseen Elder?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to understand the meta and different deck building strategies here. I've been working on a Usurper deck designed to shut down the opponents deck while playing their cards. My question is along the lines of how to work around that? Do we dare go for a game plan where our leader is absolutely central to our strategy? Or do we simply have our leader function as an added bonus to an already existing strategy lest we have our deck bricked from the start? For me its a big deal that Usurper just removes the leader from the game. So because of this are we left with "best value" cards and hope to out value our opponent?

Edit: Forgot this bit. This might be a better way to phrase my other question(s): What do you do when you don't have Unseen Elder?

Thankfully almost nobody plays Ursurper, you have to build your deck around your leader and decks still work, they are just weaker.

In the case of Unseen Elder you still have other units that trigger the deathwish.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
What decks are people enjoying at the moment? I've been enjoying Bran Lippy and Adda Hubert.

Lippy is a fun card, and it's nice to use Bran for a deck other than Beasts (which I find boring). I know people are playing Crach Lippy but I'm so tired of Crach.

Hubert is also fun with how you have to play super greedy and bait your opponent in the final round to removing your "worst" engines. I know Shinmiri has a Meve Hubert deck, which I might try out at some point.

The meta is actually quite interesting at the moment. There is still a lot of Woodland Spirit and Crach everywhere, but feels like majority of leaders have usable (not top tier, but usable) decks atm.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
What decks are people enjoying at the moment? I've been enjoying Bran Lippy and Adda Hubert.

Lippy is a fun card, and it's nice to use Bran for a deck other than Beasts (which I find boring). I know people are playing Crach Lippy but I'm so tired of Crach.

Hubert is also fun with how you have to play super greedy and bait your opponent in the final round to removing your "worst" engines. I know Shinmiri has a Meve Hubert deck, which I might try out at some point.

The meta is actually quite interesting at the moment. There is still a lot of Woodland Spirit and Crach everywhere, but feels like majority of leaders have usable (not top tier, but usable) decks atm.
I'm trying out a few different archetypes, personally. Trying different variations of the good old spella'tael deck with the sage card and Aguara true form/Triss telekinesis doing work. Trying out weather/move Henselt Trebuchet decks. The new deck I'm mainly running is a Usurper deny deck that manipulates the top of their deck and graveyard while having a slave infantry combo finisher with Vreemde and Vrygheff.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I'm trying out a few different archetypes, personally. Trying different variations of the good old spella'tael deck with the sage card and Aguara true form/Triss telekinesis doing work. Trying out weather/move Henselt Trebuchet decks. The new deck I'm mainly running is a Usurper deny deck that manipulates the top of their deck and graveyard while having a slave infantry combo finisher with Vreemde and Vrygheff.

Hopefully spell Scoia'tael gets more support in upcoming expansion. It just feels like there's very little to work with compared to how it was in beta. Vrygheff is also one of my favourite cards, I love his effect. He's currently only really useful with Slave Infantry, but he used to be pretty good in Reveal with Arbalests and Recruits back when Reveal was completely busted in early Homecoming meta.

I also tried out that Demavend Shupe deck that has been floating around recently and I have no idea how the dude who made it got to pro rank with it. I lost like 10 games in a row with people just constantly locking or killing all the engines, and they are the only way the deck gets any value. It wasn't fun at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Francesca double Rag Nah Roog/Lacerate with lots of high-value cards to push the opponent out of r1 works surprisingly well for me.
It's pretty much gg if I get a long r3. Double garrison for a backup if it's a short r3.

NR decks with all of the engines are still pretty fun aswell.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I felt like the ladder is harder to climb this season. Had some early success with Eithne scorch elves but got stomped later.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Skellige deck, managed to climb up to rank 7 last night.
Now I'm stuck again, going up and down on the avatar mosaic, lol! :D
I'm gonna have to make few changes to my deck.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I'm playing Skellige deck, managed to climb up to rank 7 last night.
Now I'm stuck again, going up and down on the avatar mosaic, lol! :D
I'm gonna have to make few changes to my deck.

I found Lippy Bran super easy to use this season, but I guess that was partly because no one else was playing it and they underrated Bran. I think more people are used to it now, but it's still easy enough to use.

Freddy posted a video sharing what he thinks are the best decks for each faction last night, maybe something here will give you some ideas? Some are tournament decks though, so probably not the most ideal for laddering, but they give a general direction you could go for. (Although I think the Filavandrel deck he shared is worse than the one Pumpkn shared)

Oct 27, 2017
I found Lippy Bran super easy to use this season, but I guess that was partly because no one else was playing it and they underrated Bran. I think more people are used to it now, but it's still easy enough to use.

Freddy posted a video sharing what he thinks are the best decks for each faction last night, maybe something here will give you some ideas? Some are tournament decks though, so probably not the most ideal for laddering, but they give a general direction you could go for. (Although I think the Filavandrel deck he shared is worse than the one Pumpkn shared)

Cool! Thanks, will check it out!

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Cool! Thanks, will check it out!

Also here is the Lippy deck I used

WPn2Z98.png

Just play high tempo (and golds) round 1, then try to mulligan for your remaining golds from deck in round 2 (keep Morkvarg in deck as much as possible), then Lippy your round 1 golds back into your deck (10 point play with Roach and Morkvarg triggering). Then use Birna and Bran in round 3 to find your golds all over again. Generally want to keep the low value bronzes in deck, but sometimes it isn't possible.

Also cards like Brokvar Hunter can bully Monsters round 1, since a lot of them don't run much removal (Striga and Wild Hunt Hound are the most common iirc, but if you use Tactical Advantage you can avoid that). So sometimes it is worth playing them (but often in other match ups they just die lol)

There is a lot of Blue Dream going around recently, so you can swap out things like Unicorn and Chironex for other high value golds if you find that opponents are using Blue Dream to steal them and get extra value often.

Kambi isn't necessary either, but it can be fun to troll with against decks like Adda and Woodland that are being greedy with their leader ability (or just NR decks in general which save all their Orders for their final Hubert bomb play). And it also cuts Dragon Dream 1 turn short, meaning it won't go off if your opponent plays it when you have 3 cards in hand (like most do). And there is quite a bit of Dragon's Dream recently.

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Another deck that has worked well for me so far - only made it yesterday, so not played loads with it, but it's 13W-5L-1D so far going by match history on playgwent site. Enough to get me through late rank 3 and all of rank 2, now about midway through rank 1.

LN1VlE7.png

Tibor is probably wrong, lots of tall removal in decks atm, so might put in Blue Dream, but Tibor can sometimes pull something good you can steal with Ardal. And ALBAAAAAAAAA is a proactive play if you have nothing else you can do.

Speaking of stealing, with Witchers in every deck, Slave Hunter is often a 7 point play for 5 provisions, which is pretty damn good. It's usually only consistent in round 1 though. In addition to Witchers it can also steal Roach, so can mess with both Lippy and Assire.

Last edited:

lemonade

May 8, 2018
After not finding success with Ardal memes, lippy and Scorch elves, Morvan shupe got me 10-1 and 2 rank up.

Blue dream is incredibly good this meta.

Oct 27, 2017
It's Guaranteed Premium Card Weekend!

"Season of Love is one of Shupe's favourite seasons – and what better way to celebrate than with a Guaranteed Premium Card Weekend?

Until Monday, February 18th, 12 PM (noon) CET, all three cards in the "Choose 1 out of 3" part of the keg opening will be upgraded to their Premium versions. This means a guaranteed animated card in every keg you open during the event!"

:D

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Might be better to hold off actually. I already have all premiums, gonna save my ore for the expansion next month.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I've saved 10k ore just because I suspect there might be some contracts for opening x amount of the expansion kegs next month. But I still spent a big chunk of ore (~15k) on the premium event, just to guarantee more powder for the future by milling all the premiums. I have plenty of scraps for future expansions, so I'm not worried about scraps.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Only opened 11 kegs that I already had. Better save up for the expansion, especially since I have almost a full premium gold card collection.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I just completed rank 1, and the portrait didn't advance to rank 0, it kept me at rank 1. Turns out I had to agree to something in the settings, so I went and did it. Now I can't find a game at all, even though I'm still rank 1 and was just getting games at rank 1 fine 15 minutes ago.

It's also moved two of my faction MMRs up to 2400, and listed rank 0 as my highest rank on my profile, but it's telling me I'm rank 1. It's like I'm caught in the void between 1 and 0.

The card just keeps spinning saying it's searching for an opponent. I guess I might have to contact support, but this is super annoying.

edit: Ok, it's fixed itself this morning and I've made it to pro rank woo.

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having this vicious cycle where not having played recently is making me bounce off the game even harder, since knowing the meta is such a huge part of Gwent.

Maybe the expansion will pull me back in.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I'm having this vicious cycle where not having played recently is making me bounce off the game even harder, since knowing the meta is such a huge part of Gwent.

Maybe the expansion will pull me back in.

Well there is a meta snapshot if you are interested https://teamaretuza.com/meta-snapshot/

But one thing I have noticed with differences in HC than in beta is that there are a lot more variations of the same deck. For example with Crach - it could be Horn, Scorch + Spears, Lippy, even Olaf+Hym sometimes. And Morvran has a few variations on that snapshot list, but I played someone with Nivellen and DD in their Morvran earlier. I think it's because of the provision system that nothing is set in stone.

So that meta snapshot is not for sure exactly what people are using (whereas in beta it 99% was), since there is a lot of variety. As long as your deck has the ability to survive Gernichora's Thrive and tall units, it should be decent enough to play ranked with, though.

Oct 27, 2017
This game sometimes feels like I'm playing against 10 different bots who follow their programmed patterns. Same decks, same turns over and over.

You can add 2000 more cards and it still would be the same decks every game.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
This game sometimes feels like I'm playing against 10 different bots who follow their programmed patterns. Same decks, same turns over and over.

You can add 2000 more cards and it still would be the same decks every game.
For better or for worse I do my best to try out different decks and homebrew. Meta netdecking is soo boring. I spend most of my time playing the game trying different card combos. Thats the fun part to me, making a deck with a playstyle all its own and having success with it. Sometimes if its good you can influence the meta which is cool.

Oct 27, 2017
Update / Patch this Thursday (28th Feb) :

New mode (Seasonal) + casual and ranked merged (Classic):
Ao6zgfM.jpg

Seasonal tree:
pvKyDFC.jpg

Autopass end of turn

Crafting premium directly will be possible

Card backs are coming (new each season):
3VoXsi4.png

Online deckbuilder is coming (like gwentdb) with potentially links with the game so you will be able to import/export decks very easily.

Chromatic aberration removed

Tooltips will be fixed

Blacklisting: will not be back soon

Mobile: They want to have Gwent on mobile.. but it will wait.

Leader challenges: starting soon, we will fight for the best TB leader.
Nerf/change:

Neutral Spear and shield will be nerfed (4 charges, spears cannot target allies anymore).

Shupe: Hunter (boost units in hand by 1 instead of 1-2, deal 3x3 damages instead of 9x1).

Shupe: You can now see which version of Shupe is

Golden froth: 6 Provisions, Boost 3 adjacents units by 2.

Monsters

Ghoul: Eat bronze card

Archespore: No more Thrive

Arachas queen: Now has the old ability + 3 charges to spawn arachas drones.

Golyat: Summons highest opponent's unit instead of lowest on death

Giant speartip: 13 power to 12

Skellige

Coral: Zeal but 2 charges

Derran: +2 power, -2 discarded cards

Spear maiden: 4 power, deal 2 damages to opponent and self, no more range limit

Trophy Catch: 4 provisions

Vabjor: 9 provisions

Northern Realms

Damned Sorceress: Range +1

Reinforcement: Now spawn and play instead of spawn and summon.

Hubert: 8 provisions

Scoia'Tael

Mahakam Horn: Is no longer dead, you can trigger it for +3 to adjacent units

Eldain: +1 charge

Mahakam Volunteer: removed the Melee restriction

Nilfgaard

Emhyr can now only target Nilfgaardian units

Letho: 6 Power, synergies with Auckes and Serrit. Auckes in hand give "Lock an unit" ability and Serrit give a "Damage per 3". you can have both.

Letho: KS: 10 Provisions

Rainfarm: boost an opponent unit by 2 them damage it by 4."

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Some of the changes seem good/interesting, others I don't get. Damned Sorceress and Reinforcements are good changes. Trophy Catch, Spearmaiden and Coral seem fine, although I would have liked to see Birna nerfed (along with Marauder). I don't know how they can say on stream "Derran is autoinclude so we nerfed him" when he's not autoinclude at all and Birna is!

I used Rainfarn in my earlier Ardal deck I shared on here, and you could use him to give you a 9 point play that either adds to Peter value or triggers Bonhart easier (9 not 6 because you are going to reset/remove the target). So I don't like the change at all and don't see how he's supposed to be usable outside of triggering Cahir.

Arachas Queen change probably changes nothing. Her drones are too easily removable, and the deck style she promotes suffers heavily because it's prone to absolutely everything. Wide removal, tall removal, resets, locks, it's weak to it all. But we will see what happens.

Also maybe now that Golden Froth has changed completely Gremist can get his Order nerf removed. That card is unplayable with Order and the card effect it was nerfed due to no longer exists.

Seasonal stuff looks pretty fun, I can't wait to see what they do for the other season's themes. But I think the reward book is about to get too grindy though, with two new trees every month and new leaders in the expansion (it was confirmed there will be a new set of leaders in the expansion). It's going to be hard to accumulate enough points for the things people want before the month ends. I guess it's best to prioritize the seasonal trees over leaders, since the leader trees aren't going to change every month. Card backs look nice, though the only one I'd want out of the three shown is the Bear one, so I'm hoping some of the other ones are cooler (I bet the Viper and Dragon ones will look cool).

I haven't played much the last week or so, been busy + playing other things in my spare time. I can't wait for all the expansion reveals to start kicking off soon - and given that they didn't want to show any card arts because expansion is close makes me think it will start pretty early in March. Also apparently it was leaked that the expansion is called Crimson Curse? I thought they would go for Blood and Wine just for better marketing, with it relating to popular Witcher 3 and all.

Oct 27, 2017
The thinking behind the Seasonal tree is that they will repeat again next year (your progress will be remembered) so you don't have to unlock everything if you don't want to (or if you don't have enough points to do so). I guess you can prioritize what's more important to you personally.
How well that'll work in real life is yet to be seen...

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
The thinking behind the Seasonal tree is that they will repeat again next year (your progress will be remembered) so you don't have to unlock everything if you don't want to (or if you don't have enough points to do so). I guess you can prioritize what's more important to you personally.
How well that'll work in real life is yet to be seen...

I know, but I just feel there's going to be too much to spend points on and not enough ways to gain enough points regularly (after completing some of the easier contracts). Having to wait a whole year to get a card back you wanted because you ended up a few points short in the season is going to be a feel bad moment.

Although, I suppose if you can get to rank 7 or higher each season you can get 15-25 (iirc) points at the end of each season, which is not a bad amount to put towards the next season.

Also thinking about card backs more, I hope they add some into the shop for meteorite powder. Not the seasonal ones of course, but some other ones. We're going to get the Wolf, Bear, Viper, Cat Schools from seasons, so maybe a Griffin School set could be in the shop.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
Good to hear they're thinking about mobile. Been waiting for something like that for a while. As a NR player (somewhat) its good to see reinforcements have that boost as well as damned sorceress. Rip Emhyr... Not being able to use Emhyr against neutral cards is gonna cut back on a lot of combos. Glad they're letting us craft premiums again.