• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
There's some weird server delay going on right now, the game is like a second behind on my inputs and it's leading to game losing mistakes.

Premium keg event confirmed before the expansion lands.
So I shouldn't open any kegs until then?

Also assuming I shouldn't craft the unicorns if they're getting nerfed?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Yeah, don't craft unicorns yet. They are expensive crafts and might be trash this time next week.

We are in the final week before the expansion now, so hopefully the new leaders are revealed soon.

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered. Didn't need to, I have +90k scraps and 8k ore, I'm supporting the game (and devs)... Feels good.

Animated cardback is a sweet added bonus, not gonna lie :)

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wait so I can't go below rank 19?

Now I'm stuck versusing players with full collections non-stop? This is so fucking frustrating. Just getting five wins for a quest is going to take me hours at this rate. I feel like it would be faster to grind round wins by just winning the second round and then conceding then trying to play out each match?

Oct 27, 2017
Premium weekend started...

"Shupe is back with the Guaranteed Premium Card Weekend!

Until Monday, March 25th, 12 PM (noon) CET, all three cards in the "Choose 1 out of 3" part of the keg opening will be upgraded to their Premium versions. This means a guaranteed animated card in every keg you open during the event!"

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Wait so I can't go below rank 19?

Now I'm stuck versusing players with full collections non-stop? This is so fucking frustrating. Just getting five wins for a quest is going to take me hours at this rate. I feel like it would be faster to grind round wins by just winning the second round and then conceding then trying to play out each match?

You can't de-rank at all anymore. Really helped with my anger issues actually. Got me to rank 3 last season. I'm rank 4 and a half atm. but if I lose 2 games and then lose again it's not so bad because I don't lose any progress anymore.

I want the 150 premium cards achievement so now is the time to crack kegs right?

Kegs you own yes, don't buy new ones since expansion is coming.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Kegs you own yes, don't buy new ones since expansion is coming.
Hmmm I think I want premium cards more than I want the new expansion at the moment lol, otherwise that's gonna be a long grind.

You can't de-rank at all anymore. Really helped with my anger issues actually. Got me to rank 3 last season. I'm rank 4 and a half atm. but if I lose 2 games and then lose again it's not so bad because I don't lose any progress anymore.
See I would like that if I had a fully competitive deck, but I don't. Now I just feel stuck. I only want to clear my dailies at the moment.

Switched to Arena for a change of pace.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Arachas Queen is so fun. I just beat both Henselt Draug Revenants and Eithne Scorch with it. Yennefer is in her prime in that deck, she just blows up the board.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
My daily grinding consists of losing six times in a row for two reward points

This is fucking miserable, how the fuck did they think a ranking system where you can't go down at all is good? I can't vs players with comparable decks at all.

Oct 27, 2017
My daily grinding consists of losing six times in a row for two reward points

This is fucking miserable, how the fuck did they think a ranking system where you can't go down at all is good? I can't vs players with comparable decks at all.
Why don't you play casual instead of ranked? That'll match you against the same level players...

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
No, don't play casual, you will be matched up with anyone randomly. What rank are you at and what type of deck are you playing?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Casual matches take like 3x longer to find which is why I haven't been playing them.

No, don't play casual, you will be matched up with anyone randomly. What rank are you at and what type of deck are you playing?
I hit rank 17 on a win streak but I'm only player level 30 with no collection which is well behind most of the other players. Playing Crach Horn with everything except the Legendaries cuz I don't have them. Basically every game comes down to "hope my opponent plays poorly" because I'm lacking all the tools and most of them aren't.

e: like I just played a game knowing that Arachas Queen was coming but I don't have a Geralt so I was just fucked. I don't think there was anything I could do there except hope he doesn't draw it. I probably should've just conceded instead of waiting 10 minutes for it to happen (although I googled and apparently if you do that too much you get banned so I can't do that)

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Casual matches take like 3x longer to find which is why I haven't been playing them.

I hit rank 17 on a win streak but I'm only player level 30 with no collection which is well behind most of the other players. Playing Crach Horn with everything except the Legendaries cuz I don't have them. Basically every game comes down to "hope my opponent plays poorly" because I'm lacking all the tools and most of them aren't.

e: like I just played a game knowing that Arachas Queen was coming but I don't have a Geralt so I was just fucked. I don't think there was anything I could do there except hope he doesn't draw it. I probably should've just conceded instead of waiting 10 minutes for it to happen (although I googled and apparently if you do that too much you get banned so I can't do that)

I don't know what decks you face often, but if you find yourself in that position regularly (vs big boosted unit with no tall removal), you could put in something like Spores. It's a 4 provision common iirc. You can always Discard it in games where you don't need it. And if you're a Skellige player I imagine you're working towards owning Coral, which Spores is often used with. There is also Scorch for 200 scraps, but if you are using Horn that might get a bit clunky to use both together (also both are really expensive provision cost).

I think in the case of Arachas Queen it's just a bit of a weird match up for Crach. If you ping off the little spiders you probably aren't getting much bloodthirst, but if you get bloodthirst the spiders keep spawning and you're letting them execute their deck's gameplan.

End of the season is coming up and you will drop back 4 ranks which might help a bit if you feel you are in ranks you can't compete and you'll also get some reward points for your end rank.

I thought in 'casual' you play against same level players as yourself and 'ranked' with people who are same rank as yourself...
?

I've seen people complain about casual a lot because it just matches you up randomly, there is no guarantee you are going against someone of similar skill level like ranked.

Oct 27, 2017
Anna, Calanthe, Dana, Dettlaff, Svalblod.

New leaders reward tree:

d92jk2j.png

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
The avatars all look great. Svallod is such a monstrosity, I wonder what he's gonna do. Looking forward to their spotlight videos over the next few days.

Also here is Dana's card art and provisions

Dana's ability is neat, doing something similar to Ardal and old Viper Witcher in needing deck building requirements - instead she promotes Harmony decks. There is apparently 12 categories that Scoia'tael can currently use for her (Elf, Dwarf, Dryad, Gnome, Dragon, Human, Beast, Treant, Trap, Alchemy, Nature, Tactic) but in current Scoia'tael there is nothing really above 10 you need, and some of those 12 are pretty bad and you likely don't want to use them (Alchemy, Tactic).

I think 10 for Saesenthessis and Barnabas is probably highest you want to go with her, depending on what strategy you are wanting. Barnabas is already undercosted if you can hit his full value (12 points for 10 provisions) so he will make a good finisher in Dana decks.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Gwent card artwork is so consistently good it's insane.

I'm rank 4 at the moment, I'll try and push for 0. Season end is 28th, right?

Yeah, ends on the 28th. I guess seasonal Bear mode will be replaced by Elf at the same time, so anyone who still needs the cardback will likely need to do it before then.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Where is the best place to find an accurate database of cards? Googling is kind of useless, it shows me cards from the original game half the time and GwentDB is no longer updated. No idea where to look for the latest set either. Otherwise I'm clumsily trying to search the collection on PS4.

I don't know what decks you face often, but if you find yourself in that position regularly (vs big boosted unit with no tall removal), you could put in something like Spores. It's a 4 provision common iirc. You can always Discard it in games where you don't need it. And if you're a Skellige player I imagine you're working towards owning Coral, which Spores is often used with. There is also Scorch for 200 scraps, but if you are using Horn that might get a bit clunky to use both together (also both are really expensive provision cost).

I think in the case of Arachas Queen it's just a bit of a weird match up for Crach. If you ping off the little spiders you probably aren't getting much bloodthirst, but if you get bloodthirst the spiders keep spawning and you're letting them execute their deck's gameplan.

End of the season is coming up and you will drop back 4 ranks which might help a bit if you feel you are in ranks you can't compete and you'll also get some reward points for your end rank.
I've found that the main faction I face (a good 40%) are some kind of Monsters.

I've been playing Lacerate to try and hurt combo decks that need a big field to set up and just generally get good value but Spores could work, I've got one of those I think. Although I'm not sure how much teching is going to matter with a new expansion a few days away, everything's about to change anyway.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Where is the best place to find an accurate database of cards? Googling is kind of useless, it shows me cards from the original game half the time and GwentDB is no longer updated. No idea where to look for the latest set either. Otherwise I'm clumsily trying to search the collection on PS4.

I've found that the main faction I face (a good 40%) are some kind of Monsters.

I've been playing Lacerate to try and hurt combo decks that need a big field to set up and just generally get good value but Spores could work, I've got one of those I think. Although I'm not sure how much teching is going to matter with a new expansion a few days away, everything's about to change anyway.

This site is good for it https://gwent.seven7y.com/hc.php

If you click the filters on the search bar you can highlight all the faction or specific ones. Clicking on a card name will bring up a view like it does in-game, with full text and explanations.

And upcoming Crimson Curse cards are here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/updates/crimson-curse/card-reveals

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
- Svalblod is a weird one. He seems kinda... bad? I will need to play with him of course, but his ability is not as interesting as I would expect a hideous man-bear abomination to be though.

- Calanthe is great, like beta Sile (and before her one of Philippa's many iterations) but restricted to NR units instead of specials. It was one effect I wanted NR to get back in some form. I'm definitely trying NR first day of expansion, they are getting so much cool stuff.

- Syanna looks like a fun combo card. Maybe not with the expansion, but at some point in the future she will have a broken combination with her.

- Orianna is an interesting engine for bleed decks, but I'm not convinced bleed is going to be that good. Dettlaff: Higher Vampire seems like a way better Ruehin too. I guess we need to see what Dettlaff leader version brings for Monsters too, it might be these two work best with him.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Very excited to play ST.

That leader model looks awesome and I can't wait to craft the premium dryad cards.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Mobile release confirmed Fall 2019 with iPhone first and android coming later! Hopefully we will be able to share our accounts.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It'd be nice if they fixed the console versions first. Lots of really annoying issues there. I guess the game will adapt better to touch than controllers though.

Account migration/sharing would be cool but I'm pretty sure consoles are dead in the water there too. Maybe not MS.

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be nice if they fixed the console versions first. Lots of really annoying issues there. I guess the game will adapt better to touch than controllers though.

Account migration/sharing would be cool but I'm pretty sure consoles are dead in the water there too. Maybe not MS.
What problems do you have (and on what console are you playing)?
I'm on PS4 Pro and Gwent runs like a dream (card animations and all).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
What problems do you have (and on what console are you playing)?
I'm on PS4 Pro and Gwent runs like a dream (card animations and all).
PS4 Pro. Not card animations, those are a dream. Best part of the game. Issues are things like input delay or not registering, targets being picked at random, not being able to look at graveyard/deck occasionally, inability to examine cards during play selection. Say I play the spying card that plays the top card of my opponent's deck. I can see the image of card and select where to put it but as far as I can tell there's no way for me to actually read the card's abilities until after playing it. Which is horrible for newcomers.

Game is clearly coded around mouse controls and the game is kind of simulating a virtual one in the background. But for times when mouse selection is needed it just sort of picks a random place on the board and limits you just to playable selections. Why Commander's Horn would default to my opponent's side is beyond me lol

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't noticed any input lag on my side tbh.
About the graveyard situation(not being able to check your graveyard until it's your turn), I agree, but that was introduced with last update (I think) not sure if it is a bug or deliberate... Also, I think it's same on PC (?).
And I agree about random picks on the board, but that's been the case even in beta.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Yeah, we can no longer check deck or graveyard during opponent's turn on PC either - started with the last patch. Hopefully it isn't intentional and is fixed soon because it's very annoying.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
She's probably gonna be pretty good, timed well she can get good golds or disrupt opponent's strategy (like Glustyworp), and your opponent always has to keep her in mind when playing out their hand, but I really don't care for the "play your opponent's deck" stuff they are pushing. Nilfgaard is lacking a lot of its own stuff and relies on Neutrals a lot, so getting an archetype to play opponent's cards just highlights that problem even more.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I take it that Gwent is the same as Hearthstone in that the ladder gets very strange on the last day of season. Decks today have been bizarre.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
oooh the UI is all red and bloody now

Bought 10 kegs because that's I blew all my ore on premium weekend lol

e: pulled literally no Skellige rares grrrrrrrr. Got a Curse of Corruption though, that could do as an okay replacement for Geralt: Professional against tall decks.

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Had a lot of fun today. Played these decks mainly:

- Ardal Assimilate Spies. I am not sure how good I think this is because a lot of people are playing greedy with it being first day of patch, so your Enforcers live more often than it feels like they should. But it's fun, and Roderick, Milton, Gregoire add some nice combos to it.

- Meve Mages. This one was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. Using Spellweavers as main focus and Draug for finisher, fished out with Keira ADC.

- Eithne "value". Not sure what else to call it, it's kinda like a Harmony deck with the mix of elves, dwarves and dryads, but focuses on just value plays. Barnabas and Great Oak are the big finishers.

- I tried Orianna Vampire deck, but I think I just built the deck too Bleed heavy and it felt too weak. Maybe have to go more Deathwish angle instead..

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
My beta resources seem to be going the distance. I haven't played much since release, but if the next 2 expansions are the same size, I should be able to fully craft them too.

Now to figure out some decks to try...