• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Also might be the timezone you play in. The vast majority of the playerbase seems to be in Europe.
I haven't changed the time I play. I used to be able to find ranked matches very quickly and unranked is still fast enough. But for the last few weeks it's been much longer.

I dunno. They change so much with their patches I can't keep up.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Magic cardback is super cool too - best so far imo. I'm gonna try Ardal and Francesca in the Magic seasonal mode tomorrow, they seem like they would be preeeeetty good for it.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Yea the magic cardback looks sick, love the new board too and happy avatars are back. Now just need the old voice lines back for the ones they have.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This was the least damaging patch for me, they only nerfed two cards I play and buffed one, so I only have to cut one provision from my deck. For once I'm not left with useless cards.

On the other hand, I liked unitless because they were a good matchup for me and I knew how to play around them so eh there goes those free wins.

But it looks like they fucked people over with the new starter deck changes? Not surprised. They're so greedy with scrap now. I get that they went overboard with how generous they were pre-Homecoming but holy shit are they brutal toward new players.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Poison Francesca decks are really good in seasonal. Devil's Puffball is autokill anything (not Immune) and Poison whatever is next to it for your other Poison cards. Especially good when there's lots of boosting specials being used like Swallow Potion. And it also helps to complete the Poison contract easier!

Francesca is my favourite Scoia'tael leader, so I'll probably use this mode to finish her mastery contract.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I totally wasn't aware that "spells" is a tribe and doesn't refer to all special cards. Laugh at me.

Rolling with a Monster Swarm deck in seasonal, but not gonna do more than necessary.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Yeah the AQ deck is absolutely insane. Got that 6 round win quest done real quick lol.

Now I just need to spam Spell and Alchemy cards.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Got the cardback today finally. Don't know whether to go for the borders or not - I have the old ones from last year's Magic season, and I'd probably rather spend RP on the other trees, but the updated borders look much better than the old ones...

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Today's This Week in Gwent video announced there's going to be a stream on Monday, almost certainly to announce the next expansion (and the sixth faction). From the teases so far, it seems like it's going to be something related to Eternal Fire, Novigrad, possibly also Redania.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
So new expansion on June 28th called Novigrad with The Syndicate as new faction.

Still having a good time with the game and I'm hungry for new stuff, so yay.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Really not a fan of not offering card backs on their own. I don't need the kegs but really want to collect as many card backs as possible.

They even have two variations of the card back this time.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That's really fast for the new expansion. Three months? Cool.

Pretty much turned off the game since hitting prestige and getting all the trophies unfortunately. Slay the Spire getting all my time now.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Hoping I can make a Witch Hunter themed deck. I'm not usually one for themed decks, but they were one of my favourite parts of Witcher 3, and the Witch Hunter card in beta was one of my favourites too.

So far we have Menge, Moreelse, Kurt, Graden and Witch Hunter Executioner. We're likely getting Witch Hunter from beta back, and also Tamara Strenger. So hopefully I can make something fun with them!

Also the Flying Redanian and Vivaldi Bank are two neat cards. I like that they give more value to your coins than just 1 boost, or 1 Vitality, etc.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Been as usual stuck doing seasonal stuff for now, but I really enjoy the new faction. Don't have much scraps, so I stuck to a basic fee heavy deck.

Makes me wonder if they are gonna attempt to retrofit additional ressource mechanics in some of the other factions. Feels like it really opens up a lot of design space for Gwent.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh the new expansion is out already? Man conversation about this game is dead.

I got my Platinum, I think I'll probably move on from Gwent. Play Slay the Spire folks, it's as good as they say, despite the graphics.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I've been using King of Beggars too, he seems like the best leader overall. He's flexible with a huge number of Syndicate's cards, and also gives you cheaper Tributes on top of that.

Freak Show is an annoying card though, especially with that 4p card that just heals it back up for free.

New seasonal mode is super wonky, I can't tell if I like it. Feels like everyone is playing Witcher trio, Roach and Geralt of Rivia.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Still doing pretty well with Harald. His ability with Dagur Two Blades is too good. Feels dirty.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
The coins mechanic is great, but yeah, zeal and no cooldown on almost everything. I can kinda see how things ended up like this, but it's whack atm.

Well, a patch is coming. Might actually wait for that before playing more.

Oct 27, 2017
60 wins with Demavend for the 2nd NR Border and 400 wins with NR for the Triss Avatar - the grind is real.

Getting the 100 wins with Adda was surprisingly easy, I thought it would end up being the toughest one.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Is anyone here prestige 4 or higher? I've been keeping track, and since Syndicate expansion released I haven't had a single RP reward from the prestige 4 perk ("Reward Points in daily rewards"). Either it's bugged (wouldn't be surprised) or CDPR severely lowered the rates they drop.

I'm just wondering if others are still getting them, because I sure ain't.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Is anyone here prestige 4 or higher? I've been keeping track, and since Syndicate expansion released I haven't had a single RP reward from the prestige 4 perk ("Reward Points in daily rewards"). Either it's bugged (wouldn't be surprised) or CDPR severely lowered the rates they drop.

I'm just wondering if others are still getting them, because I sure ain't.

I never saw them either. Everytime I get a GG I just get like 9 ore or scrap.

Watercolour

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to bother with ranked this month against Dijkstra. His ability and Townsfolk Igor is broken. Apparently Cdpr thinks it is not a problem.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I never saw them either. Everytime I get a GG I just get like 9 ore or scrap.

I wonder if they reduced the rates they drop with Syndicate launch. I was definitely receiving them often before then.

Not going to bother with ranked this month against Dijkstra. His ability and Townsfolk Igor is broken. Apparently Cdpr thinks it is not a problem.

Yeah, just play seasonal. Townsfolk cheese is impossible there, plus you get through dailies faster there this month.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Honestly I'm getting exhausted with the constant changes. Feels like we're still in a beta 3 years later

Most of the time 80 to 90% of it is just provision changes, or 1 more or less boost or damage. It always comes across as huge changes but most of the time it's not a big deal. This patch the bounty stuff is a pretty big change but that's about it. I feel the same though but at least they try to fix and balance stuff.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Most of the time 80 to 90% of it is just provision changes, or 1 more or less boost or damage. It always comes across as huge changes but most of the time it's not a big deal. This patch the bounty stuff is a pretty big change but that's about it. I feel the same though but at least they try to fix and balance stuff.

I'm mostly talking about the changes to leaders. In a month's time when the late Sept patch (or expansion) comes leaders won't even exist anymore, it's just gonna be abilities like Blood Scent. This is a change coming almost 1 year after official release, and 3 years after beta started. It's crazy that the base game is still being changed.

I'm hoping mobile release will be the end of these sort of major changes to the game.

Granted, I am glad that Radovid and Dagon will seemingly back pretty soon, so that's something at least

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Been playing some Dijkstra recently and even after his nerf he still has a super strong deck. He's the best choice for a Syndicate deck easily, which I guess means he'll probably be nerfed again at some point. Though I think Whoreson Junior (bounty) and Hemmelfart (swarm) are both fine too.

Also been finishing up my Eist mastery with Greatswords in seasonal mode.

Looking forward to Challenger this weekend, it should have some news on the expansion at the end of the season.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like mobile release is October 29th

Much earlier than I expected

Isn't that one year anniversary of homecoming?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looks like mobile release is October 29th

Much earlier than I expected

Isn't that one year anniversary of homecoming?

that's super dope - i can't wait. still figuring out the game, but i really do enjoy it.

i figure i'll just unlock leaders and stack resources until 10/29, then start spending ore/scraps on cards

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
that's super dope - i can't wait. still figuring out the game, but i really do enjoy it.

i figure i'll just unlock leaders and stack resources until 10/29, then start spending ore/scraps on cards

Are you playing on console? They just announced that progress will only be shared from PC which sucks for all the console players out there. So if you are and you want to play mobile only in the future it's probably best to just stop playing and wait for mobile release (unless you are fine with starting over)

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Are you playing on console? They just announced that progress will only be shared from PC which sucks for all the console players out there. So if you are and you want to play mobile only in the future it's probably best to just stop playing and wait for mobile release (unless you are fine with starting over)

i am playing from GOG on my Mac via Parallels so i am good - thanks for the heads up