• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

Yoga has been around for thousands of years—but according to Gwyneth Paltrow, it wasn't until she began touting its mental and physical benefits that Western culture adopted the practice. "I remember when I started doing yoga and people were like, 'What is yoga? She's a witch. She's a freak,''" the actress recalls in WSJ. Magazine's December/January issue. "Forgive me if this comes out wrong," Paltrow continues, "but I went to do a yoga class in L.A. recently and the 22-year-old girl behind the counter was like, 'Have you ever done yoga before?' And literally I turned to my friend, and I was like, 'You have this job because I've done yoga before.'"

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Gwen also tried to sell people coffee enemas.

Gwen says a lot of things.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
She's definitely right.

I love that Gwenneth Paltrow lacks so much self-awareness that, a) she'd actually say that to an employee asking a boiler plate question that she probably has to ask all customers and b) that she'd then REPEAT this story to the press because she's so proud of it.

Further, if you introduced yoga to the West and you're rich as fuck, why are you going to a Yoga studio that has a person at a counter asking customers whether this is their first time? You'd have to think that maybe you'd have a higher standard of yoga than a studio often attended by first-timers.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Wrong!

20-054236-ddp_yoga.jpg

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Get wrecked India. No one cared about you before Gwen came along!

In other news. I noticed that smartphones were just not that popular until shortly after I got one. I am going to pull a Gwen and take credit for that. Move over Steve Jobs!

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Is it wrong if I pretend that Pepper Potts is the real person, and Gwen is just the character she plays between movies?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The #1 reason I'm hyped for avengers 4 is because it will likely be her last MCU gig. Fuck gwyneth paltrow.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
"but I went to do a yoga class in L.A. recently and the 22-year-old girl behind the counter was like, 'Have you ever done yoga before?' And literally I turned to my friend, and I was like, 'You have this job because I've done yoga before.'"
You should really pull that egg out of your vagina Gwyneth.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
So did she go to India learn yoga and come back to start teaching cause I don't remember anything like that.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
i don't believe she actually believes that, i think she was just trying to flex on someone asking her a dumb question

like she could have said "bitch i invented yoga" to make the same point

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
She's doing and saying some weird shit lately but this is just a weirdly worded, I'm not sure what she meant but I don't think she meant that she made it popular.

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She really must have had to work on her flexibility to be able to crawl up her own ass like this.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
She is the Steven Seagal of uppity white women

I wonder how long until she is hand-dancing in front of the Harekrishnas doing yoga in the town square

Last edited:

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the vaginal egg and coffee enima jokes have already been covered.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong if I pretend that Pepper Potts is the real person, and Gwen is just the character she plays between movies?
Gwen is not even the craziest person in the Iron Man movies. Try to read through this mathematical proof by Terrence Howard that 1x1=2 and how the Annunaki, the Sky People work into it.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She also wrote a recipe book that contains Brownies that cost $80 to make - and yes, just regular Brownies.

She's utterly self-obsessed.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
I'll extend an olive branch and say she was suggesting she popularized yoga in LA, specifically, and might be an owner/partial owner of the studio she's referencing.

Having said that, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...