• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think he said it's Switch exclusive because he wants Travis in Smash. Probably the facts that NMH on other console sold a lot less than on Wii and that they are a super small development team are important too.
Suda said he was a fan of underdog consoles when talking about the Wii and also liked the console ans iirc was against the NMH port

NEE HEE HEE

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I gotta admit that's pretty neat.

Better to have a spin-off than a petition or q&a or some other shit to "drum-up" interest. I'll definitely buy this game.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I am all for Multiplat release, but I suspect that aside from being developed and published by Grasshopper, Nintendo is putting forth a massive advertising push for this game, and in exchange for like 2 years worth of hype and press, it is very likely they have an exclusivity ( or at least times exclusive) contract.

On the topic of no More Heroes 3, is it odd that Travis Strikes Again is something I am looking forward to far more than a numbered sequel. As I mentioned in another thread, I feel these spinoff titles take more risks and end up being better, like Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Acid 1-2, and Resident Evil Revelations....they take a lot more freedom and stray away from what is expected, and that makes the games feel more creative and more interesting.

And honestly I feel like Suda 51 is at his finest when he is taking risks and doing what he wants.

If Travis Strikes Again has even half the magic and creative love of a game like Metal Gear Acid...I will be thrilled. And knowing suda - San, this game will be magical AF.
I wouldn't say that's weird at all. Personally I was left exasperated by No More Heroes 2 being such a "conventional" follow-up to the original game that I wasn't really looking forward to a NMH3 unless Suda retooled the entire premise or returned to direct the game. While this isn't NMH3 in name it most definitely fills the previous two quotas and has me actually interested in the franchise again.

If Suda does get to make a true blue No More Heroes 3, for the love of god; get rid of the UAA ranked assassins crap. It's a dead end and existed to satirize Travis' manchild fantasy of fighting to be the best, and ended itself on a note that highlighted how played he was to think there was a reward in it for him.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm buying this so he knows that I want another NMH. Get on it Suda!!

I would even love for NMH3 to become a Bayonetta situation. Nintendo should just throw some money at Suda and tell him to go all out, and port NMH 1 and 2 while he's at it.

Django

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I wouldn't say that's weird at all. Personally I was left exasperated by No More Heroes 2 being such a "conventional" follow-up to the original game that I wasn't really looking forward to a NMH3 unless Suda retooled the entire premise or returned to direct the game. While this isn't NMH3 in name it most definitely fills the previous two quotas and has me actually interested in the franchise again.

If Suda does get to make a true blue No More Heroes 3, for the love of god; get rid of the UAA ranked assassins crap. It's a dead end and existed to satirize Travis' manchild fantasy of fighting to be the best, and ended itself on a note that highlighted how played he was to think there was a reward in it for him.
Yeah, I do feel like if there was a No More Heroes 3, it would be amazing if they just tossed the last two games away, and had this new one follow Travis, Badman and Badgirl in some crazy grindhouse inspired road trip game...that had nothing to do with the UAA, but maybe was actually about being assassins.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Give the masses remasters of the first 2. The Switch is ripe for those 2. I imagine this game will do well. Would set everything up perfectly.

Django

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Give the masses remasters of the first 2. The Switch is ripe for those 2. I imagine this game will do well. Would set everything up perfectly.
I wouldn't mind a remaster of the first 2 before Travis Strikes Again releases....heck I wouldn't mind a remaster of a lot of Grashopper games. I am over the moon that we got Sine Mora EX on Switch. Akira Yamaoka really knocked the soundtrack for that game out of the friggin park and it was an excellent port.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I wouldn't mind a remaster of the first 2 before Travis Strikes Again releases....heck I wouldn't mind a remaster of a lot of Grashopper games. I am over the moon that we got Sine Mora EX on Switch. Akira Yamaoka really knocked the soundtrack for that game out of the friggin park and it was an excellent port.
Their games look so good at high resolutions. They deserve more than standard definition.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he should ensure to release this game on PS4 and Xbox same day as well if he wants the best chance of the project being successfully.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not every game has to be on PS4/XBO/PC. It's time people got used to that.

But seriously the NMH fanbase is on Nintendo and the Switch isn't having any trouble shifting software.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone buy Travis Strikes Back, please
Was already planning on it.

Maybe he should ensure to release this game on PS4 and Xbox same day as well if he wants the best chance of the project being successfully.
What is it about third party exclusives that seems to baffle people so much?

Suda seems to pretty clearly see this as a Nintendo franchise, especially seeing as the one game that wasn't didn't have anything to do with him.

Oct 30, 2017
When this was first revealed in such a big way in Nintendos Switch reveal I thought it was No More Heroes 3. But who knew it turned out to be a small indie game. One of the more dissapointing reveals, similar to when ReCore was first revealed where I just assumed it's a AA game developed by Metroid Prime developers only to turn out to be a Bit Tier budget game.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy? I thought there already was a new nmh game and we already saw a trailer for that.
Yes but it's not a hugely budgeted "No More Heroes 3". It's a side game called Travis Strikes Again and is more of a reintroductory spinoff that sees Suda directing for the first time in 10 years. It's a smaller and more intimate game calling back to his initial game dev roots of making crazier and more experimental stuff on the whim without dozens upon dozens of staffers to manage.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Never played a NMH game before, but this looks interesting to me. I might pick it up.

Would definitely pick up a collection with this and the first two games if they made one.

Django

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I want No More Heroes 3. No way will I purchase a 60 dollar mini game to make that happen. Good luck Suda.
Mini game? I really think Suda 51 needs to work on clarifying around this game and what it is, because I am honestly shocked at how many folks have zero concept of what will be releasing later this year. And I personally don't care enough to fully explain it a 5th time, so if someone else here wants to tell this joker why it isn't a mini game, be my guest.

Also...$60? Not only has a price not been announced, but even it it had been, you clearly have zero idea what that 60 bucks would even be paying for. Aside from not knowing what this game is, it is also only 35-40% finished...so its a little early to declare if it is worth the price of admission.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Masafumi Takada will probably make new tracks for TSA, is confirmed to be working back for Grasshopper
Masafumi Takada will probably make new tracks for TSA, is confirmed to be working back for Grasshopper
Damn, this is news to me!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

HOLY SHIT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Feb 22, 2018
I played the first NMH when it came out on Wii...it was cool, it seemed fine at the time, but it wasn't great. The sequel never sounded like something people were dying to play either, so I don't really know why we need this big comeback for Travis...not exactly a likable character. He made me cringe more than anything.

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Travis Strikes Back is coming out in 2018. Apparently there are certain scenarios that haven't even been written yet.

NMH3 2021?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping you guys buy it, I'm not spending more than $5 on an assortment of mini-games. Grasshopper should put together some ports of 1 & 2 to actually help fund NMH3.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
We really need a NMH3. The Wii ones were so good than an HDified version with newer mechanics would make a great game.

Django

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
There's no way Travis Strikes Back is coming out in 2018. Apparently there are certain scenarios that haven't even been written yet.

NMH3 2021?
Suda 51 just said in an interview that it was still on track for this year. And that he was very confident in that.

This is interesting, seems like Nintendo World Report got the demo up a difficulty notch ( not much but a little), the enemies take a tiny bit more damage to kill and can be seen blocking and evading more. Also Travis and Badman seem to get stunned more easily by projectiles.This is the only demo footage I have seen that seems not near as button mash-y as earlier demos. Normal difficulty maybe?