• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
My country is on closure for 5 weeks basically and if I don't go to the gym I'll lose all my gains I've developed. It's quite frustrating. I don't do cardio and I have little weights at home so I have no idea what I should do now. Should I just stay at home and f the gains or take the huge risk?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
you should probably stay at home. do bodyweight exercises or something.

it's not ideal but the sooner we all stay at home and only go out if absolutely necessary, the sooner we will be over with this.

take the hit.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not very risky for you, but potentially very risky for those you come into contact with who are either old or have preexisting conditions.

Stop thinking of yourself for a bit.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Aren't gyms closed in your country?
Here they were among the first activities to be closed.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. I never realized how big of an catastrophe this plague was until I found out the gains that will be lost along the way.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Do some exercising at home. I have some hand weights and I've been away from the gym for years. You don't need the gym, all you have to do is do different exercises.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I frequent the gym 5 days a week. This week I went once. Wiped down my machine with Lysol wipes before AND after. That said it was eerie.

I'm Queens NYC Astoria based. My gym is usually really busy. I've taken up jogging again. I'm following programs at home with free weights and my yoga mat. Honestly, I'd avoid the gym for now, or at least go late nights where it's mostly empty.

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017
Do bodyweight exercises, keep eating the same amount of calories (Make sure you get enough protein.), and you probably won't notice much of a difference when you get back.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
exercise at home.

They closed ALL the gyms around me.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Social distance, dude. Social distance. Listen to Dr. Fauci.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
The bigger risk for healthy and young individual is to pass the thing to somebody at risk, for example during the mandatory grocery shopping.

Always best to also keep in the back of the head the risk of getting a permanent 10-20% decrease in respiratory function after you healed because of irreversible tissue damage (the fuckers develop in your lungs, hence the pneumonia, it won't get pretty in there when your body fights the thing, there will be collateral... and if you smoke -whatever it is you smoke-, of are ex smoker, risk of pulmonary fibrosis ).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how there's currently billions of people who are having these pointless thoughts all over the world.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
There is no way in hell I would go to a gym during this.

This is where I'm thankful for my home setup.

Oct 30, 2017
How come gyms aren't closed in your country?

They are all closed where I live.

Gym is like one of the best places to catch this stupid virus.

NOTHING is worth risking catching it.

Find other ways.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very dangerous, it's one of the first thing that is closed during our community quarantine here. Just do your exercise at home, if done properly using body weight you might even gain more (new exercise, compound etc)

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
You're not going to lose your gains lol. That's not how muscle building works.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Sit ups, Push Ups, Pull ups (if you have a bar) Can always run if they allow it.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
It's risky.

I was surprised at the number of people in the last thread saying their gym habits wouldn't change. A gym is a bunch of people packed into one room, breathing heavily and touching a bunch of the same equipment. Doesn't seem like a low-risk situation

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume if you stay active, it won't be too hard to get back into it once the situation has improved and going back to the gym is safe. You'll regain whatever you lose.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It's risky.

I was surprised at the number of people in the last thread saying their gym habits wouldn't change. A gym is a bunch of people packed into one room, breathing heavily and touching a bunch of the same equipment. Doesn't seem like a low-risk situation
Its probably not risky for them.

The real people at risk are elder people and those who are not healthy to begin with.

Thats really shitty and selfish for people to act like that but its also not surprising. It doesn't even surprise me that people broadcast their stupidity for all to see.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Gains don't work like that. Stay moving and then hit the gym when it's open again. You'll be back to where you are in a week or two.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
My country is on closure for 5 weeks basically and if I don't go to the gym I'll lose all my gains I've developed. It's quite frustrating. I don't do cardio and I have little weights at home so I have no idea what I should do now. Should I just stay at home and f the gains or take the huge risk?
There's already a thread about this.
www.resetera.com

Did your gym habits change after the COVID-19 outbreak COVID

Pretty simple question really. I found that not going to the gym has an big effect on my mental health... so I guess I might have to buy some equipment for working out at home. Interesting article...

Status
Not open for further replies.