• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Why isn't hardware ID banning more of a thing? Or at least it doesn't seem like it is.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Are they seriously whining about not being able to cheat without getting banned? Damn.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this makes me a shitty person or something... but I love seeing people get bent out of shape for getting banned when they were cheating in a multiplayer game (if they were actually cheating that is).

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Hard to feel bad for people banned for cheating. And if it's HWID ban then that makes it even funnier, lmao. That's what you get for actively trying to screw up the game for all the other players.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
hardware ID banned? so if you purchased a used cpu/gpu/mobo/whatever, you could potentially be barred from certain games? 🤔

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious that actual adults want to pull off dumbass bullshit like this and get off without consequences when they're caught

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that somewhere in human history, there must have been someone who cheated at solitaire and lost.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you know what would be cool, if there's a person who works at Respawn whose sole job invoves acting like one of these cheaters and getting in deep in their communities/forums so they can come up with ban detections as they are rolled out online

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
hardware ID banned? so if you purchased a used cpu/gpu/mobo/whatever, you could potentially be barred from certain games? 🤔
I'm no expert (at all), but I would assume it's based on motherboard. Personally, that's not a component I would buy used in the first place.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
you know what would be cool, if there's a person who works at Respawn whose sole job invoves acting like one of these cheaters and getting in deep in their communities/forums so they can come up with ban detections as they are rolled out online
what if respawn are the ones making the hacks

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's always fun reading through those forums when banwaves hit. lots of cheaters lacking self-awareness.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Hardware bans are bad because it means getting second hand parts could get you banned for no reasons

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Afaik Blizzard also does it. It's becoming more popular as time goes on.

And they got shit for it IIRC. But I love it. Nothing deters cheaters like hardware bans. Eating the money they spent on the game (if it wasn't free) plus the microtransaction money they spent (assuming they spent it) plus hardware banning them so they can't return without another monetary expense/motherboard swap is so hilariously effective. It really lowers the number of people willing to bother with it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't even understand why you would want to win constantly with cheating, the best matches are when its neck and neck.

such dickheads, got what they deserved.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as the companies have tools in place to unban people who buy second hand(And can provide a receipt) I'm all for HWID bans.

However I'd wonder how hard this actually is to get reversed and if the CS teams are up for the task.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even understand why you would want to win constantly with cheating, the best matches are when its neck and neck.

such dickheads, got what they deserved.
It's because they are terrible players and just get shit on and rage, instead of try and get better. So getting their turn, even if not legitimate makes them feel good.