• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
WTF? This is anti-consumer behavior and shouldn't be tolerated. Gamers should be able to enjoy games the way they want without being persecuted for it.
Eh?!
Games have TOS. Terms of Service. You agree to it to play.
I cant walk up to the cockpit and demand to enter in an airplane just because I want to be able to fly the way I want.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
WTF? This is anti-consumer behavior and shouldn't be tolerated. Gamers should be able to enjoy games the way they want without being persecuted for it.

People will lambast you for not including a /s in the end there.

Sarcasm is dead on the internet, there are loons that legitimate think like this and ruined it for everyone

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like these posts would be found in a sub forum of some incel page or red pill lol. Love to see the butthurt for getting banned lol.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand cheater mentality, they're not achieving anything on their own, their world's must be very disillusioned.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And letting cheaters run rampant in their games, ruining everyone else's gameplay experiences to the point that they no longer want to play their game is some how pro-consumer?

grow the fuck up

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

I'm sorry, what?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
What types of cheats was there out there? I'm on ps4 and never noticed any of it.
There are a million of these hacking montages on YT. Most people are just going to settle for a cheap hack with a basic aimbot, but if you want to spend a lot of money, some of them get pretty fancy.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This better be a god damn joke. Cheat in Single Player games all you want, but the moment your cheats start negatively affecting other players in any way you deserve to get your teeth knocked out with the banhammer.

Mar 29, 2018
hardware ID banned? so if you purchased a used cpu/gpu/mobo/whatever, you could potentially be barred from certain games? 🤔
At least this should be pretty easy to verify (if you have a recent receipt/proof of purchase). Like email their customer support saying "I recently bought a new PC/parts for a PC and tried playing the game but got banned".

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I love to cheat as much as anyone in single player games but I get great joy seeing people freak out, and their lame excuses, when they are caught doing it in multiplayer games.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The best part is they lose the money they spent on the cheats. Hardware bans need to be standard. So far of the games i've played Blizzard is in a league of their own at catching cheaters.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What happens if I told you, I go around posting things I truly believe, but because they are soo ridiculous everyone online thinks it's satire. I hide in plain sight.

GtOowkO.gif

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
To those asking why people would cheat and that it would obviously become boring in the long run: it doesn't for the cheaters. They'll simply get used to it and maybe even convince themselves that it's somehow not unfair.

In Dota 2 there are a lot of people who keep buying highly ranked accounts because they're completely convinced they deserve to have high MMR, and the only reason they don't is because of "being in the trench", some vague idea of being stuck in a trench with bad players who make it impossible to win for you, no matter what. So they buy high MMR accounts and, of course, proceed to lose about 90% of the games they play. Afterward, they finally release they were wrong and... Ah, just kidding. They'll still remain delusional and maybe repeat the process, even.

Seriously, you cannot underestimate how delusional many players get about their skill level in multiplayer games. They'll convince themselves that they have a right to buy high-level accounts, cheat or do whatever else. It would be nice if it were just people "trolling" others for a bit, but it's not the case.

Their delusions are usually also quite apparent when they do get caught, as visible in examples from this and other threads.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
HWID is a hash based on the cumulative components in your PC. If you change a single component, your HWID changes.

New video card? It's different.
New ram? Different.
Remove a pci card? Different.

No single piece of hardware actually gets banned, so buying used components from a banned machine carries zero risk of being banned yourself.
Ah, that's what I thought.

CheeseWraith

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still getting killed in half a second from full purple shield...but I suspect it's a mix of me being bad and lag. Apex netcode needs definitely some work.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
I'd be okay with them getting sent to the cheat dimension where the only players they can match with are other cheaters. The irony is best when they finally realize that matching against cheaters isn't fun.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So what happens if someone uses a service like Shadow or Pascal? You could also do a VM with GPU bypass. In all of these cases motherboard banning wouldn't quite work.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hardware ID banned? so if you purchased a used cpu/gpu/mobo/whatever, you could potentially be barred from certain games? 🤔

So? Most people dont buy mobos used and its a sacrifice thats worth it in the long run.

Having to replace a mobo get past a ban is a real pain the ass and is a good deterrent because of it

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Well most hardware bans are suspected to be based around the combination of specific parts and MOBO to give you a unique kind of signiture, or close to one. Which probably helps to avoid false positives when a hacker sells their parts. But I'm no expert and Blizz/EA/Game companies haven't disclosed their methods.

And if worse comes to worse, you could try and contact support with a receipt. I'm sure CS would understand in that case.
I believe you're right. I'm pretty sure hardware bans also include the HDD as well.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeesh, I'm not sure that gives me much confidence, to be honest. Aimbot cheaters have gotten worse since, I dunno, maybe the middle of January and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of relief (i.e., fewer cheaters encountered per session). I've heard DICE got on top of the BF1 cheating situation after things had gotten pretty bad, so at least there's hope the same will happen here.

Thanks for the link. I know I sound pretty negative, but I do appreciate the info.