• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
People will lambast you for not including a /s in the end there.

Sarcasm is dead on the internet, there are loons that legitimate think like this and ruined it for everyone
The "/s" is so defeatist. Adding an /s is saying "Well I have this bit, but I don't think its any good." Whats the deal with the /s?

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I think its good they cleaned it up. HWID bans aren't something I'd want to be too ubiquitous because mods exist. Games like fallout 76 is online but needs mods to be playable lol. So it just all depends on how it's done and from what I remember Bethesda was trying to stop that by banning people and making them write essays so if that got HWID bans too that would suck (or not depending on your perspective on fallout 76) lol.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
I used to a pretty decent FIFA Seasons player. From FIFA10 to FIFA14 I always reached Division 1.
Was like my favorite hobby but I had to quit one day, because the cheating & cheesing got too bad.
Lag switching, abusing the pause button, playing distracting noises through the headphones.... it was no fun anymore.
Damn I get you. But I still stick to seasons. I just have to play online footy, it's so fucking good. Also things are way worse over at FUT, where in addition to all that you also need to deal with micromanaging contracts and shit using a terrible UI. Admittingly FUT provides more of a challenge though, since the majority of good players are there.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Damn I get you. But I still stick to seasons. I just have to play online footy, it's so fucking good. Also things are way worse over at FUT, where in addition to all that you also need to deal with micromanaging contracts and shit using a terrible UI. Admittingly FUT provides more of a challenge though, since the majority of good players are there.

Yeah, Seasons is amazing. That's why I stuck around so long, despite all the shit that went down.
When matchmaking gave you an honest, reasonable opponent.... oh boy, some of the best gaming I ever did.
But like 4 out of 10 matches would be excruciating experiences.
Playing against some little, noisy shit who made it his mission to make you quit was some of the worst gaming I ever did.

I mostly blame EA for not stepping tho. These dumb little incels just abuse(d) the long leash EA is giving them.
I never understood why EA didn't implement a cooldown period for the pause button or limit them period.
A seasons game takes like 15 mins to complete and halftime gives each player a break anyways, who the fuck needs.
Also never understood why these pauses had to be 30 (IIRC) seconds.
Like, once you hit "find match" it's YOUR problem if you phone rings or someone is at your door.
Then you had dudes who would run down the clock on every single set piece.... Makes me mad just talking about it.

That said, I applaud EVERY measure that fucks shit up for cheaters and dishonest players.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Respawn banning Apex players for cheating on console doesn't happen because there's no way to hack a console and play online with it.

Get a kb/m adapter and bam, there's your cheating. Even better if the keyboard allows for macros.

Rainbow Six console players are tired to death of dealing with this crap.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Hacker banned live on stream

52fjfa1f9jq21.jpg
Great read, anyone know who the streamer is? Would love to watch it. I remember last year when Valve banned a lot of CS accounts. I kept reading the steam forum for days while they screamed into the void.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Cheaters in online games and rammers in online racing games would be the first ones on my secret service hit-list if I ever became a dictator.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
WTF? This is anti-consumer behavior and shouldn't be tolerated. Gamers should be able to enjoy games the way they want without being persecuted for it.

If you're being sarcastic then you're going it wrong.

Cheating in the days of GameShark and what not was fine, when it comes to online gaming against other live players especially those who don't cheat is the worst shit you can do and really you don't deserve to play online.

Trash players cheat.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love that they're banned for life no matter what account they make. Honestly dont understand why you would cheat like this.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realise hardware ID banning was even a thing. Needs to be much more widespread! Zero tolerance in my opinion for cheaters. You wanna ruin the game for other people? Get fucked. Cheaters on PC is why i do all my multiplayer gaming on console but now that crossplay is becoming a thing i've been concerned about that spilling over into my games.

Its not so widespread I guess because that way companies sell more games, I have heard some dev say this somewhere once.
I guess losing quitting players because of cheaters is more profitable than losing cheaters and trying to keep them away and spend money on anticheat.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
It's most likely the MAC address which is tied to the network card, not CPU/GPU. MAC addresses can be spoofed though, not sure how hard it is on a console.

If it was a MAC ban it could be solved by replacing a PCI ethernet card after every ban. Laptop users could also switch to wifi because everyone interface has its own MAC.
I believe its a mobo ban.