• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
California
Feeling incredibly bloated. Used the restroom twice already before 845am. Why do I do this to myself? I did good all week, eating at home or eating light, but my wife just got home from training out of town last night and hit me with that "I'm so hungry" text and we ended up at Jack.

FML

No eating today until dinner time to let this pass. I don't know how I could have subsisted on fast food all the time just a few months ago. The human body is an incredible thing.

Anyone else trying to quit fast food and hating themselves those times you fall back into it?

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have no problems eating fast food. When I do eat fast food, I usually eat a lot. 2 mcdooubles, large fries, 20 piece. Etc.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I stick to fast casual joints. There are some good fast food joints like Popeye's, but that tier of food is usually garbage.

Deleted member 13642

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude, it sounds like you did pretty good all week, so you earned that shit.

Unfortunately, you also earned That Shit due to your reward being low quality and poorly timed.

This is a pain I feel acutely because my cheat meal usually ends up being some mcd's or something and I always feel regret yet never learn

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
Happened the same thing to me last week...went to Burger King with my gf after months of eating light, we felt horrible the day after and I haven't eat anything for almost two days.
We swore we'll never go to a fast food again...but I know we'll be back XD

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
No Jack around here but every like couple of years I'll eat McDonald's and it's the same result as you.

On a related note the amount of fast food some people on this site eat is incredible. I don't know how they don't just constantly feel like shit. Guess their bodies have thrown in the towel like "just fuck my shit up fam."

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, if fast food is causing you noticeable gastrointestinal distress you should probably see a doctor.

If fast food seriously, consistently caused the effects for people that are constantly being bemoaned, they wouldn't be a massive international industry.

Take responsibility for your own health and upkeep. If you were in decent health and shape a single out-of-the-norm meal wouldn't completely cripple you.

It might not even be the perceived "quality" of the food but simply the sheer amount of it or perhaps some obscure ingredient that doesn't agree with you - but that's still your responsibility as the consumer.

I home-cook 95% of my meals with fresh, quality ingredients, and yet I've -never- had an issue with the occasional McDs/BK/Taco Bell/Jack in the Box binge.

Eat better. Move around sometimes. Get checked for gastrointestinal abnormalities.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jack in the box is garbage food. I avoid it at all costs even though it's the most convenient fast food place to where I live.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on man, that is extremely flawed logic.

If fast food caused crisis-level diarrhea for 90% of people 90% of the time they have it as the Internet and this forum would have you believe, they wouldn't do the sheer amount of business they do.

A fraction of people would never learn, but most people have basic association abilities and a desire to avoid discomfort.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If fast food caused crisis-level diarrhea for 90% of people 90% of the time they have it as the Internet and this forum would have you believe, they wouldn't do the sheer amount of business they do.

A fraction of people would never learn, but most people have basic association abilities and a desire to avoid discomfort.

You're making up stats to exaggerate a point to back your flawed logic. Fast food, especially in the US is shit and horrible for you. Being a succesful industry doesn't mean shit, alcohol is horrible for you, cigarettes are horrible for you, there's all sorts of unhealthy shit that we all enjoy and they're part of a successful industry because we don't give a fuck about how shitty they are for us. We'd rather enjoy them and worry about it later.

OP
OP
Metanoia Prime
Oct 26, 2017
California
I never said diarrhea. Just that I ate a bunch of crap and am paying for it by feeling bloated. Fact is, fast food has a ton of salt, and that's likely the biggest culprit along with all of the cheese and red meat. So yes, one bad meal from a fast food joint can make you feel like crap the next morning, especially when you normally eat pretty clean and hit the gym.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

61akdeDl.jpg

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
I stick to fast casual joints. There are some good fast food joints like Popeye's, but that tier of food is usually garbage.

Same, especially since fast food prices have increased so much it's worth it to me to spend the extra couple dollars on something I'll enjoy much more. $7-8 on a fast food place meal just feels bad.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Jack is one of the few options when I'm heading home at 2am in the middle of the week on an hour long drive. I usually feel okay the next day though .

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Jack In The Box always gave me headaches for some reason. Don't think I've had it in a couple years.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You realize that the joke is that it's the fattest, least active, least health conscious member of the cast that's saying that, right?

You're making up stats to exaggerate a point to back your flawed logic. Fast food, especially in the US is shit and horrible for you. Being a succesful industry doesn't mean shit, alcohol is horrible for you, cigarettes are horrible for you, there's all sorts of unhealthy shit that we all enjoy and they're part of a successful industry because we don't give a fuck about how shitty they are for us. We'd rather enjoy them and worry about it later.

That doesn't change the fact that it's on the consumer to know their body and what agrees with it. "I did this thing that always ends badly for me and - get this! - it ended badly!" just makes people seem like they have poor impulse control and no ability to correlate cause and effect.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think he's mentioning long term health issues. He's talking about the usual gastrointestinal stuff people makes threads about. If that was widespread, then fast food would simply not be a viable industry. It's huge industry.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Have you seen the statistics for obesity? They've skyrocketed in the last decade.

Obesity isn't what he's talking about. Nor increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, or other long term risks.

But rather eating something, immediately experiencing a negative side effect, and associating that cause with the immediate effect.

I don't think the OP is saying he gets bloated or anything every time he eats fast food, but there definitely is a running meme or reaction around here to fast food or chipotle where some people treat it like something that'll surely take a toll on their gastrointestinal parts immediately.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You realize that the joke is that it's the fattest, least active, least health conscious member of the cast that's saying that, right?
I was just posting what this conversation reminded me of, I was not making any statement about the validity of what you were saying.

Personally fast food doesn't mess with my digestive system in any noticeable way.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I feel you OP. One day I was so damn hungry and I was on the mall when I saw a McDonalds so decided to go to eat there. I ordered the fanciest and most expensive burger with double bacon, double cheese, xl fries and drink. I managed to finish everything. 2 minutes later I was like "what the fuck I just did!?" Because I could literally felt how my weight was duplicating after eating that kind of meal hahah. I couldn't walk properly for a few hours because I was still feeling all the junk food swimming around on my belly. The burguer wasn't even that yummy on the first place. So yeah I practically didn't eat anything until the next day, just drinking tons of water. Haven't eated fast food since then, it's been like 8 months. My wallet and my belly are thankful for that.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I'm convinced the ill feelings I occasionally get from fast food are due to improper food handling and employees not washing their hands. This is why I try to avoid any place with teenagers behind the counter. Having worked a couple food service jobs as a teen I can say there is no way present day me would eat the stuff I prepared back then.

Luckily the local Del Taco has a great staff and has never let me down.

Last edited:

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
How come there's not a healthy late night fast food place? Should we try to open one up? I like the idea of eating healthy late night instead of Taco Bell or w/e. Don't steal my idea

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Era folks are so sensitive to fast food. Like, i get that its not healthy, but thats in the long run. What kind of paper intestines do you have if you collapse from ONE fast food dinner?

Chibits12

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I do that on some weekends. I was doing fine during the week, eating light. Then come Saturday night, I get tired of what I eat and just go to Five Guys and buy a big meal. I feel like complete shit afterwards but it was so yummy.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
I ate Chinese food yesterday and immediately felt like shit after I finished it.

The worst part is the chicken wings. I always crave them when I order Chinese food but it always tastes like I'm eating grease

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Sourdough jack and tacos ;( the other burgers are too greasy/fatty and heavy. If you want true fast food the ultimate cheeseburger or any of the munchie meals won't dissapoint lol

Their chicken sandwiches are pretty good and the salads they sell are also good if you order grilled chicken and stay light on the dressing. If your broke it's one of the only places where you can get a good (fresh) fair sized garden salad for like a $1.50... overall jack saved me many times when i was 20 lol

Oddly enough some of the best items they serve are the oddities like their egg rolls, chicken pita and the teriyaki bowl... all items you'd assume to be awful.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm on the east coast, we don't have Jack in the Box here, but I travel to the west coast maybe 5x a year for work. Whenever I'm there I make it a point to try some of the fast food that's not nationwide. None have given me bathroom problems and here's my ranking:

Carl's Jr - Absolute #1 ANYWHERE. Carl's Jr is insane
In N out - Decent but super cheap, holy shit I could get 50% more food here for the same price other places charge for just 1 meal.
Jack in the Box - Bad. It didn't upset my stomach but the food was just not really good.
White Castle (on the east coast but not near me) - Absolute garbage tier, lowest on the list including places I haven't even tried yet

Still need to try Whattaburger and El Pollo Loco. I think that's it

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
If eating some jack on the box makes you feel so ill you should go to the doctor. Something is wrong with your feeble stomach.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Era folks are so sensitive to fast food. Like, i get that its not healthy, but thats in the long run. What kind of paper intestines do you have if you collapse from ONE fast food dinner?

If you don't eat much carbs normally and then eat a lot of carb heavy fast food it can feel like hangover-lite.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP just says that he feels bloated (because for sure he also overate) and some guys come in here trying to lecture people that feel bloated after eating fast food. You can't make this shit up.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
jack in the crack used to be my go-to hangover food. helped that they're open 24/7 for late night debauchery (i seriously think thats what their business model is built around)

but it got to where not even 2 hours in the gym every day would burn off that kind of caloric intake so i just stick to egg whites and tons of water for the occasion. looking back i must've looked bloated as fuck coming into work on mondays

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
jack in the crack used to be my go-to hangover food. helped that they're open 24/7 for late night debauchery (i seriously think thats what their business model is built around)

but it got to where not even 2 hours in the gym every day would burn off that kind of caloric intake so i just stick to egg whites and tons of water for the occasion. looking back i must've looked bloated as fuck coming into work on mondays

In Florida and Georgia Krystal is the go to hungover spot.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't collapse, but you get used to different things. I don't eat a lot of greasy food, so whenever I do it's something different than what my digestive system is used to and I can definitely feel it.

That's not strictly a fast food, but the grease factor is relevant to most fast food places.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
They've been increasing since the 50s, but they started accelerated around mid-80s. Obesity rates have double since the 80s for all ages and childhood obesity has tripled since then.

McDonald's doesn't help with that, but it's only part of the puzzle. Even someone who studiously avoids McDonald's and other fast food places can eat a ton of processed stuff that is very similar to fast food. It's everywhere. The U.S. food industry is a disaster and has been for decades now.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
A month or so ago I went to Jack in the Box trying to get that feeling, just the hated at myself for going and eating it and was extremely disappointed as I liked it, it wasn't greasy or nasty or like any other Jack in the Box I'd had before.

Also probably been about 12 years since the last time I went, so maybe they actually really did get better.