• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.7%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 191 19.3%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 217 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 189 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

Weston

Oct 29, 2017
I started playing this a week ago. I was going to wait for release, but watching the Noclip videos on it made me jump in. I've never played an early access game before, but being a roguelike makes Hades work well as one.
Made it to Hades twice now and died. Is it ever worth it to go to the other rooms in Styx? Usually I figure it not worth the health. One time I realized I wasnt going to beat Hades so I just went in them to check enemies off my list.

I've done around eight runs since the new patch but haven't come across the new boon yet. Is that normal?

Took awhile before I saw them. 8 runs seems high, but they'll show up sooner or later.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I did it!

victoryn6j0k.png

16 hours of play and I finally got a victory. Was right on the brink of enabling God Mode too; I was literally about to check the box when I realised I hadn't spent my Titan Blood yet, and decided to try a run with a beefed-up Aegis first.

The feeling of getting a perfect string of a Boons is just unbeatable. By the end I had a dash move that created a ludicrous string of effects-on-effects; each thing it did caused another thing to happen, resulting in a chain reaction of a move that basically mulched anyone I touched. I ended up finishing with 2/3 of my Death Defy chances unused.

If I'd played this last year, it might've been my GOTY.

Awesome!
I have played about 4 hours but not gotten very far. How long will a successful run take on average?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did it!

victoryn6j0k.png

16 hours of play and I finally got a victory. Was right on the brink of enabling God Mode too; I was literally about to check the box when I realised I hadn't spent my Titan Blood yet, and decided to try a run with a beefed-up Aegis first.

The feeling of getting a perfect string of a Boons is just unbeatable. By the end I had a dash move that created a ludicrous string of effects-on-effects; each thing it did caused another thing to happen, resulting in a chain reaction of a move that basically mulched anyone I touched. I ended up finishing with 2/3 of my Death Defy chances unused.

If I'd played this last year, it might've been my GOTY.

Dash builds are too fun. I was lucky enough to have 5 dashes that each spawned a blade rift vortex

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Awesome!
I have played about 4 hours but not gotten very far. How long will a successful run take on average?

I couldn't say for sure, but I'm probably slower than most. It depends a lot on which Boons you get on a given run; they can make or break you very easily.

Dash builds are too fun. I was lucky enough to have 5 dashes that each spawned a blade rift vortex

Dash blades plus Hermes additional dashes and the upgrade that makes rifts do additional damage per tick = everything melts.

Yep, I learned pretty early on that a powerful Dash ability combined with the Hermes +3 dashes was a recipe for absolute carnage.

In my successful run, my Dash was utterly bonkers. If I recall, it was:
  • Poseidon Dash move (which does damage and causes knockback)
  • Poseidon Rupture effect (anything that causes knockback also causes Rupture)
  • Zeus Knockback Lightning (anything that causes knockback also causes enemies to be struck by lightning)
  • Zeus Jolted effect (anything that is struck by lightning is also Jolted)
  • Hermes +3 extra dashes
And on top of that I was also constantly spamming my bouncing Aegis special (which had a Hangover effect) and my Zeus Cast (which was bouncing lightning). By the end of the run, my primary attack was basically my least useful ability.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I learned pretty early on that a powerful Dash ability combined with the Hermes +3 dashes was a recipe for absolute carnage.

In my successful run, my Dash was utterly bonkers. If I recall, it was:
  • Poseidon Dash move (which does damage and causes knockback)
  • Poseidon Rupture effect (anything that causes knockback also causes Rupture)
  • Zeus Knockback Lightning (anything that causes knockback also causes enemies to be struck by lightning)
  • Zeus Jolted effect (anything that is struck by lightning is also Jolted)
  • Hermes +3 extra dashes
And on top of that I was also constantly spamming my bouncing Aegis special (which had a Hangover effect) and my Zeus Cast (which was bouncing lightning). By the end of the run, my primary attack was basically my least useful ability.

"Let's make some waves, eh Uncle?"

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just realized that I still have rewards for a 0 heat run with like all the weapons.
Did the recent update change something with this, or am I just dumb and I skipped right to using heat somehow?

Xythantiops

Oct 27, 2017
Took awhile before I saw them. 8 runs seems high, but they'll show up sooner or later.
Just did three more runs and still nothing.

I also noticed I can't have anymore conversations with skelly. I've talked to him maybe like 10 times since starting the game. Do I need to give him more nectar for more conversation prompts?

I hate to think my save is bugged.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that I still have rewards for a 0 heat run with like all the weapons.
Did the recent update change something with this, or am I just dumb and I skipped right to using heat somehow?

They were there last update, but they should indicate your progress with that weapon pre-clear. So if you only made it to Elysium with the Sword you still shouldve gotten the Titan Blood and Diamond.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They were there last update, but they should indicate your progress with that weapon pre-clear. So if you only made it to Elysium with the Sword you still shouldve gotten the Titan Blood and Diamond.
Yeah, but like, I've already beat some of the weapons with 0 heat before and now the heat 0 rewards are all available to me even though I have already completed several heat runs with each weapon.
i.e. if I set heat to 0 I can get rewards, but I set it to like 1-5 heat it says to increase the heat.
Can't you normally not skip heat levels?
I guess I can't complain about free resources...

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but like, I've already beat some of the weapons with 0 heat before and now the heat 0 rewards are all available to me even though I have already completed several heat runs with each weapon.
i.e. if I set heat to 0 I can get rewards, but I set it to like 1-5 heat it says to increase the heat.
Can't you normally not skip heat levels?
I guess I can't complain about free resources...

Oh, weird. If you've beat the game with 0 heat then you should've already gotten those rewards with that weapon. The game does do what you mention but only from 1 heat I think. I specifically went back to 0 heat for every weapon to collect all those resources, so I don't know how it goes jumping straight into a higher heat.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to understand what are the level of heart per characters are ?

Is it any worth keeping giving gift to characters, past interacting with them ?

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there a way to understand what are the level of heart per characters are ?

Is it any worth keeping giving gift to characters, past interacting with them ?
You can see the heart level of every character in the codex.
For some characters, the only reward past the first heart is more dialogue with them, for others you get special items for getting high hearts.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
You can see the heart level of every character in the codex.
For some characters, the only reward past the first heart is more dialogue with them, for others you get special items for getting high hearts.
That's my question. The codex has different icons for the hearts bar. Sometime its a clock, or a lock. Sometimes nothing...

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's my question. The codex has different icons for the hearts bar. Sometime its a clock, or a lock. Sometimes nothing...
Oh yeah, the lock means you need to do something before you can continue to give gifts and increase hearts.
Sometimes you just need to keep talking to them a certain amount, and sometimes they have a special quest to unlock it.
I think the clock means that more will be added later in the early access.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Howdy! I started playing this two days ago and can't stop. I don't even like roguelike mechanics, because they usually stress me out. I don't feel bothered at all when I die in this because there is so much to look forward to from dying haha.

I do have questions, though!
•On the map shown when besting a boss, I see things like diamonds and titan blood that I didn't get. Is it saying I could've taken a different route or done something differently to get it?

•The skull on a door means a more difficult chamber. Does the skull with a red up arrow mean the difficulty of the run will be increased?

•What, if there are other factors, increases the overall difficulty of the run? I've had a few where I felt like I made a super powerful build and was demolishing everything only for enemies in Elysium to have way more health than usual and take forever to kill. That wasn't fun.

•How do you play the instrument? I have a challenge for that and don't understand.

•The room to the left of the throne room has two locked doors. Are neither of those rooms available yet?

•Do y'all have any recommendations for a new player? I've gotten to Hades four times and never won. I've gotten some buffs since then, but sometimes I just get unlucky with the chambers I get. I guess I need to get that thing that allows me to change a couple of those.

Last edited:

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Howdy! I started playing this two days ago and can't stop. I don't even like roguelike mechanics, because they usually stress me out. I don't feel bothered at all when I die in this because there is so much to look forward to from dying haha.

•On the map shown when besting a boss, I see things like diamonds and titan blood that I didn't get. Is it saying I could've taken a different route or done something differently to get it?

•The skull on a door means a more difficult chamber. Does the skull with a red up arrow mean the difficulty of the run will be increased?

•What, if there are other factors, increases the overall difficulty of the run? I've had a few where I felt like I made a super powerful build and was demolishing everything only for enemies in Elysium to have way more health than usual and take forever to kill. That wasn't fun.

•How do you play the instrument? I have a challenge for that and don't understand.

•The room to the left of the throne room has two locked doors. Are neither of those rooms available yet?

•Do y'all have any recommendations for a new player? I've gotten to Hades four times and never won. I've gotten some buffs since then, but sometimes I just get unlucky with the chambers I get. I guess I need to get that thing that allows me to change a couple of those.
If you see them on the map, it means you got them already (you would a question mark otherwise)
I don't believe so, no. I think it's just a harder room, but I'm not sure.
I don't believe there's any way during the run to change the difficulty, beside taking Chaos' boons.
I'm doing that myself, I have played it a few times in the room and then had a chat with Orpheus. I still haven't mastered it though, you probably need to wait a few runs.
As far as I know they're not yet available.
Getting darkness will definitely help, as will knowing the enemies better. If you can, you should try buffing a bit the weapon you feel more comfortable with.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

•The skull on a door means more difficult room. Does the skull with a red up arrow mean the difficulty of the run will be increased?
•There is a mirror upgrade that increases the chance you'll receive epic grade stuff. If you have that and the one increasing changes for rare maxed, will that impact the probability of getting epic, or am I seeing all the info (so I have 50% chance of rare or higher and 50% or epic or higher and won't get below rare ever)?
  • The diamonds and blood are bounty rewards for beating each floor. They should spawn like a normal room reward when you beat a boss. If they aren't, you may need to unlock the Heat system, which makes the game harder in exchange for more bounty rewards, before you can get them. You unlock Heat by completing a full run I think. (Sorry I'm not certain about this one, I had heat unlocked before this feature was implemented.)
  • The skull indicates an Elite/Miniboss encounter. The skull with a red arrow indicates a floor's final boss. It has no effect on the run's difficulty.
  • As I mentioned before, the heat system is used to increase the difficulty of a run, but it is set when you start the run. There is nothing that can change the difficulty mid-run, except for maybe chaos boons, which give some negative effect for a set amount of rooms.
  • First you have to buy the lyre for your bedchambers from the contractor, then you have to practice it. I usually just strummed on it a few times after every run. After some time practicing, Orpheus offers to give you some tips when you talk to him. then you just need to keep practicing it.
  • Yeah, those doors can't be opened yet.
  • I'm not certain, but I think the percentage chance of the mirror rarity upgrades is how much the original percentage is increased. i.e. 10% chance to get a rare +50% from mirror = 15% chance to get a rare (not the real numbers). There's also a hard cap on the mirror so you can't get it too high.
  • If you don't have all of the mirror upgrades, obviously those will always help, especially ones like death defiance. The room rerolls are one of the more expensive mirror upgrades, so I saved them for last, but you can get the upgrade at the contractor that gives you a reroll every time you pick up a key room reward. If you're specifically having trouble with the boss, it helps to have the fully upgraded acorn keepsake from Eurydice in Asphodel. I also find it useful to to have a high-damage call boon such as the ones from Artemis or Aphrodite and save it for right after the boss goes into invincibility.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Thanks for all the answers, you two! I guess the game wasn't getting harder and I just had bad builds or something. I wasn't dying faster, I just felt like enemies and bosses were living forever. I had guessed that chaos boons also had permanent difficulty changes for the run or something and stopped using them last night, and then enemies seemed like they had more health. Guess that was just in my head!

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
played a bit this weekend after getting gifted the game from a friend and managed to win a few runs in a row with the rail. seems like with the rocket hammer upgrade its hard to lose lol. Might put the game down tho until there is a bit more endgame content. The modifications seem cool but I want more floors and bosses and stuff.

really excited to see how this game turns out when its actually finished.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Right. Final boss help please.

Just discovered he has a second health bar. Fuck.

So that spin attack - how do I know it's coming? It's like 95% of the damage I take in this fight because I just cannot avoid the fucking thing. I can't work out when it's going to happen and it just gets me no matter how mobile I stay.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy

So that spin attack - how do I know it's coming? It's like 95% of the damage I take in this fight because I just cannot avoid the fucking thing. I can't work out when it's going to happen and it just gets me no matter how mobile I stay.
The spin attack is the one that's easier to avoid, in my opinion. Have a look at any video of someone fighting him, the tell for that attack leaves more than enough time to dash away.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a wind up with a giant circle around him before he does it. If you're using the shield you can just block it

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

He pauses in stance for about half a second as a windup tell traces a circle in the area he's about to attack. It might be hard to notice at first given the snow white background, but once you notice it, you'll always notice it going forward. You can dash right into it once you get used to the timing because its active damage frames don't cover your i-frames.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played a couple rounds and here's my thoughts so far:

The Cast ability seems very under-powered compared to Attack and Special. I almost never use it and consequently never choose a boon for it. It kinda "disappears" from an encounter for a while after being cast (pun intended) just once or twice. I know you can augment yourself using the mirror to grant increased damage, but I feel like it would been a better design choice if it broke a shield instead. Perhaps to balance out the increased capabilities, you can keep it on cooldown and cap how much shield it breaks (to account for stronger enemies).

The sword also feels under-powered too. This is a consequence of how the encounters are designed. They are flooded with a lot of enemies and are visually very busy. It's difficult to keep track of everything that's happening and you're invariably reduced to dodge-spamming. This is personal taste, but I prefer stricter cooldowns on the dodge and less busy rooms. In my humble opinion, a well-designed game is one in which the designers, themselves, can tactically and deliberately go through a boss or room without getting hit once. If they can't do that, they need to evaluate how they designed the encounter. (this generally doesn't apply to the bosses, I think they are well designed aside from the adds/mooks on Maegrea)

Other than that, the game is pretty hard. I'm more or less comfortable with the first 2 zones, but I can't really get past the 3rd without using the Adamant Rail. Fourth was just omgwtfbbq. Not a knock on the game. Just an observation. I imagine they didn't want to make it too easy to complete a run and I'm okay with that.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Played a couple rounds and here's my thoughts so far:

The Cast ability seems very under-powered compared to Attack and Special. I almost never use it and consequently never choose a boon for it. It kinda "disappears" from an encounter for a while after being cast (pun intended) just once or twice. I know you can augment yourself using the mirror to grant increased damage, but I feel like it would been a better design choice if it broke a shield instead. Perhaps to balance out the increased capabilities, you can keep it on cooldown and cap how much shield it breaks (to account for stronger enemies).

The sword also feels under-powered too. This is a consequence of how the encounters are designed. They are flooded with a lot of enemies and are visually very busy. It's difficult to keep track of everything that's happening and you're invariably reduced to dodge-spamming. This is personal taste, but I prefer stricter cooldowns on the dodge and less busy rooms. In my humble opinion, a well-designed game is one in which the designers, themselves, can tactically and deliberately go through a boss or room without getting hit once. If they can't do that, they need to evaluate how they designed the encounter. (this generally doesn't apply to the bosses, I think they are well designed aside from the adds/mooks on Maegrea)

Other than that, the game is pretty hard. I'm more or less comfortable with the first 2 zones, but I can't really get past the 3rd without using the Adamant Rail. Fourth was just omgwtfbbq. Not a knock on the game. Just an observation. I imagine they didn't want to make it too easy to complete a run and I'm okay with that.
The cast isn't that strong on its own, but neither are the other attacks available. The various boons, besides increasing the damage, change the cast significantly, so you just have to try them out.

Once you get more comfortable with them, all weapons are quite well balanced at the moment. You can definitely play without getting hit, it just takes practice.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This video was a huge help for me. I had already played for 20 hours and after watching this I got my first clear. Went Ares + Artemis.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I've put way to much time into this. I've done and upgraded pretty much everything. I really wanna put it down til the next update but it's just such a good time killer.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Bought this 2 days ago. I wanted to play it on console but the release is still far away. Its addicting as hell. This is my first roguelike game and im loving it.

Its your typical "just one more round" game. Its a "just one more chamber" here :D

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Bought the Steam version. This is yet another incredible game from Supergiant and it's looking like it'll wind up in my top 5 favorite roguelikelikes/roguelites/whatevers. ..but I kinda want to drop it and wait for the full release.
I dropped it for the past 6 months. Loved it. I'll get back into it when they do their full release

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Bought it a while ago and started it up yesterday out of pure curiosity. Damn that game is addictive and great. I had to force myself to put it down. Also very charming.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
24th run, finally beat the final boss. Totally crazy build with the shield. Damaging and deflecting dash, deflecting attack with high damage, multiple status effects etc. Even had two death defiances left, totally crushed everything.

Spoiler question:
When will the story be wrapped up? Was disappointed to see that it simply starts again. Couldn't find anything online. Nothing about Z's mother, the other gods etc. Obviously due to it being early access though.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
24th run, finally beat the final boss. Totally crazy build with the shield. Damaging and deflecting dash, deflecting attack with high damage, multiple status effects etc. Even had two death defiances left, totally crushed everything.

Spoiler question:
When will the story be wrapped up? Was disappointed to see that it simply starts again. Couldn't find anything online. Nothing about Z's mother, the other gods etc. Obviously due to it being early access though.

It will get an ending when it launches

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the next update is in a couple of days and will have the last weapon? Have they said what the weapon is yet?

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the next update is in a couple of days and will have the last weapon? Have they said what the weapon is yet?
Nope. Only thing that was teased for the update is the silhouette of a character, and since they are not adding new gods, it's either Persephone or the final design for Charon or Nyx (the only two characters still in placeholder robes, IIRC). Probably.

A powerful new Titan-slaying weapon awaits, plus plenty of new artwork, story, and surprises. Until then!

Hades_MajorUpdate_Mar20_A.png

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot this update was coming, hyped

Oct 25, 2017
IT'S OUT
kZ92u0y.jpg

Early Access Patch 040: The NIGHTY NIGHT Update - March 10, 2020
This Major Update opens up even more ways to battle out of hell, with a powerful new weapon, new weapon Aspects, and lots more story to sink your teeth into! As always, we will be closely monitoring feedback and are planning on at least a couple of follow-up patches. Thank you very much for playing!

Highlights
+ Malphon, the Twin Fists: pummel your foes into the ground with this furious close-quarters weapon
+ Mirror of Night Rework: now with twice the Talents, inviting more choices to fit your playstyle
+ Aspect of Arthur: wield the might of Holy Excalibur with this legendary Aspect of the Stygian Blade
+ Improved Visual Effects: we've made frenetic combat easier to parse without compromising the oomph
+ New Pact of Punishment Conditions: see if you can survive Benefits Package and Routine Inspection
+ Administrative Chamber: access your Permanent Record beyond a mysterious locked door in the House
+ New House of Hades Events: the god of the dead's residence is livelier than ever
+ Expanded Story: hours of added narrative featuring Nyx, Chaos, Artemis, Zeus, and more

Infernal Arms, Aspects, & Abilities
+ Twin Fists: new! Unlock earlier weapons to reveal this (once you return from an escape attempt)
+ Twin Fists (Zagreus Aspect): new! Gain attack speed and dodge chance
+ Twin Fists (Talos Aspect): new! Drag foes to you with the power of the Magnetic Cutter
+ Twin Fists (Demeter Aspect): new! Obliterate foes with the power of the Giga Cutter
+ Stygian Blade (Arthur Aspect): new! Seek Nyx to learn more (unlock Guan Yu and Blade aspects first)
+ Eternal Spear (Guan Yu Aspect): Spin attack now bounces off obstacles rather than passing through
+ Adamant Rail: increased accuracy; now the sixth weapon to be unlocked, after the Twin Fists
+ Added one more frame of invulnerability to the Dash (you now are fully invulnerable until you can move)

Boons & Blessings
+ Reduced base offering rate of Legendary and Duo Boons; a new Mirror Talent lets you boost this
+ Huge Catch (Poseidon): new! Increases chance of finding fishing points
+ Holy Shield (Athena): fixed Evergreen Acorn (Eurydice) activating at the same time when you are hit
+ True Shot (Artemis): reduced damage scaling from improved rarity
:shadesmile: Unhealthy Fixation (Aphrodite): can now be offered if you have Broken Resolve; fixed issues where Charmed damage bonus did not expire
+ Battle Rage (Ares): expires after first hit from Aspect of Zeus Throw special; no longer expires when recalling the Spear's Throw special
:shadesmile: Urge to Kill (Ares): improved scaling from Poms
+ Snow Burst (Demeter): now correctly fires at your position while loading ammo using Aspect of Hera; no longer hits through obstacles
:shadesmile: Mistral Dash (Demeter): increased damage
:shadesmile: Atrophic (Chaos): fixed issues causing incorrect adjustments to Life Total
+ Roiling (Chaos): duration no longer reduced by Boss encounters (since it does not affect those encounters)
+ Auto Reload (Hermes): new! Regenerate Bloodstones faster (if you have a certain Mirror talent)
+ Bad News (Hermes): new! Deal bonus Cast damage to foes without Cast ammo in them (if you have a certain Mirror talent)
+ Greater Recall (Hermes): now requires first having one of Hermes' Cast-affecting Boons
+ Flurry Shot (Hermes): reduced power scaling from improved rarity
+ Quick Reload (Hermes): increased power scaling at Heroic rarity

Daedalus Hammer Upgrades
:shadesmile: Double Nova (Blade): reduced penalty to damage radius
:shadesmile: Cursed Slash (Blade): reduced penalty to Life Total
:shadesmile: Charged Volley (Bow): increased minimum range; no longer offered while using Aspect of Chiron
+ Relentless Barrage (Bow): fixed an issue where it sometimes stopped working with Aspect of Chiron
+ Chain Shot (Bow): shots no longer bounce off of invisible Chamber boundaries
+ Minotaur Rush (Shield): increased Bull Rush Power Shot damage
:shadesmile: Charged Shot (Shield): increased minimum range
+ Explosive Return (Shield): slightly reduced damage
+ Exploding Launcher (Rail): slightly reduced damage
+ Cluster Bomb (Rail): adjusted firing pattern
+ Hazard Bomb (Rail): now fires on press (rather than on release); fixed interaction with Inescapable Blast
+ Spread Fire (Rail): reworked; now fires as a single, powerful blast
+ Long Knuckle (Fist): new! Attacks have improved range and damage
+ Rolling Knuckle (Fist): new! Attack combo ends in a powerful hook punch
+ Concentrated Knuckle (Fist): new! Successive attacks against the same foe deal more damage
+ Breaching Cross (Fist): new! Your Dash-Strike pierces foes and deals bonus damage to Armor
+ Explosive Upper (Fist): new! Your Dash-Special (unique to Twin Fists) deals bonus area damage
+ Rush Kick (Fist): new! Dash toward foes with a powerful kick
+ Flying Cutter (Fist): new! Hold Special for a stronger, longer range strike
+ Draining Cutter (Fist): new! Slay foes with your Cutter special to restore some Life
+ Quake Cutter (Fist): new! Deal area damage while landing from your Cutter special

Foes & Encounters
+ 'Trial of the Gods': updated many effects from spurned gods; no longer occur in smaller chambers
+ Thanatos: reduced appearance rate in Tartarus; removed Flame Wheels from appearing in these fights
:shadesmile: Larger chambers in Asphodel now only appear later in the region
+ Bone Hydra: a wider variety of heads can appear (note that no new types have been added)
:shadesmile: Exalted Longspear: attack visual more closely matches its hit box
:shadesmile: Splitter: updated pattern of split-firing projectiles (it should look better)
+ The Minotaur: updated spin attack, specific to the effect of Extreme Measures (Pact)
:shadesmile: Theseus: can no longer invoke Demeter's aid before you have met her
:shadesmile: Crawler: Elite variant no longer appears, although...
+ ...added a terrifying new mini-boss encounter to the Temple of Styx...

Mirror of Night
+ Reworked! More choices, improved usability, reduced total Darkness cost; in more detail:
+ Added a new flip-side Talent for each Talent! Only one Talent per pair can be active at a time
+ Removed ability to subtract ranks in a given talent; added a full Darkness refund option
+ Talents are no longer all visible at the start of the game; they are now unlocked two rows at a time
+ Later Talents cost less Darkness; if you had more invested than is now required, it has been refunded. Total Darkness required to max all Talents is less than before (when there were half as many Talents)
+ Fiery Presence: new! Deal more damage vs. undamaged foes
+ Dark Regeneration: new! Recover health when you collect Darkness
+ Stubborn Defiance: new! A single Death Defiance effect that replenishes in each Chamber
+ Ruthless Reflex: new! Dash just before taking damage for bonus damage and dodge chance
+ Stygian Soul: new! Your Cast ammo regenerates automatically (instead of dropping from foes)
+ Golden Touch: new! Earn money between Underworld regions based on how much you have
+ High Confidence: new! Deal bonus damage while your Life Total is high
+ Abyssal Blood: new! Foes with Cast ammo in them move slower and deal less damage
+ Family Favorite: new! Deal bonus damage for each different Olympian whose Boons you have
+ Olympian Legacy: new! Improves chance of finding Duo or Legendary Boons
+ Gods' Chosen: new! Improves chance of finding chambers with Boons, Hammers, or Poms
+ Fated Persuasion: new! You can randomly alter Boon and Well of Charon choices offered
+ Note: We have plans to do even more with the Darkness resource in future updates

Keepsakes & Items
+ Lucky Tooth (Skelly): reduced healing at higher ranks (bringing it in line with other defensive Keepsakes)
+ Broken Spearpoint (Fallen Warrior): fixed issues with it not working against some Final Boss attacks
+ Black Shawl (Nyx): reworked; now gives bonus damage vs. undamaged foes and while backstabbing
:shadesmile: Companion Mort (Thanatos): no longer blockable by shield-bearing foes
+ Companion Rib (Skelly): increased resistance to wall-slam damage
+ Companion Shady (Sisyphus): resource drops now affected by certain Boons; reduced money drops
+ Touch of Styx (Well): new! Improves healing from Stubborn Defiance
+ Touch of Styx Dark (Fallen Warrior): new! A superior version of the above
+ Trove Tracker (Well): no longer offered in the Temple of Styx (Lord Hades wouldn't put troves there)

Pact of Punishment
:shadesmile: Budget Cuts: cut from game; replaced with...
:shadesmile: Routine Inspection: new! Disables Mirror of Night talents, three at a time from the bottom
:shadesmile: Benefits Package: new! Gives Dire (a.k.a Armored) foes an assortment of nasty Perks:
+ Shifter: teleports around from time to time
+ Bruiser: extra armor
+ Puller: surrounded by a field that pulls you in
+ Savior: intermittently makes nearby foes briefly invulnerable
+ Slugger: hits harder
+ Speeder: moves and attacks faster
+ Linker: links to other foes via a continuous beam that damages you
+ Cloner: summons 1-Life copies of itself
+ Burner: spews molten puddles
+ Seeker: ranged attacks track you
+ Popper: bursts into Exalted Shades that self-destruct
+ The Condition previously called No Choice now is called Approval Process

Permanent Record
+ new! Added a screen summarizing each of your escape attempts; find it in the House's locked chamber
+ Note: This is a first-pass version of this screen, which we expect to continue improving in subsequent Major Updates

House Contractor
+ Added items specific to certain subplots...

Fated List of Minor Prophecies
+ Whence Night and Darkness Came: new! Nyx and Chaos shall be reunited
+ Musician and Muse: new! Orpheus and Eurydice shall be reunited
+ The Holy King: new! The Aspect of Arthur shall reach the surface
+ Slashed Benefits: new! Foes with all Benefits Package Perks shall be slain
+ Denizens of the Deep: new! A variety of fish shall be caught
+ Dark Reflections: new! Successful escapes shall be completed using all Mirror Talents
+ End to Torment: aiding Sisyphus is more involved than before (if you haven't done this yet)
+ Updated requirements to fulfill several other Prophecies (won't affect you if you've already fulfilled them)

Level Design & Environments
+ Added two new chambers to Asphodel
:shadesmile: It is easier to reliably dash across gaps in several Temple of Styx chambers
:shadesmile: Updated, clearer cover layout in the Final Boss chamber
+ The lounge's kitchen area in the House of Hades is easier to get to
+ You can now get into one of the locked chambers in the House of Hades...
+ Other minor fixes and improvements to various chambers

Art & Visual FX
+ Updated main menu based on new Major Update
+ Added new portraits and character model for Nyx
+ Added new character model and animations for Hypnos
+ Added new animations for Dusa
+ Added some new animations for Lord Hades
+ Added unique art, animation, and VFX for the Twin Fists and its Aspects
+ Added unique art, animation, and VFX for the Aspect of Arthur (Blade)
+ Updated the look of Olympian Boon pick-ups
+ Updated the look of the House Contractor screen
+ Updated the look of the Well of Charon screen
+ Updated the look of the Pool of Purging screen
+ Updated the look of the Fated List screen
+ Updated the look of information panels (e.g. the one that says THERE IS NO ESCAPE)
+ Added presentation while resetting offered choices using Fated Persuasion (Mirror)
+ Added and updated some icons in the Mirror of Night and Pact of Punishment
+ Added graphical icons for various new Boons, Aspects, and Upgrades
+ Updated the look of one of the locked doors in the House of Hades
+ Made various improvements, detailed below, that in aggregate should improve clarity during combat
+ Updated on-hit visual effects (they are cleaner and now have directionality)
+ Updated on-hit visual effects for rapid-fire attacks
+ Updated on-hit visual effects for foes with Armor
+ Updated visual effects when foes are slain
+ Updated the look of damage shroud (i.e., when you get hit; this no longer reduces visibility as much)
+ Updated the look of the Power Shot full-screen effect (not as jarring as before)
+ Updated the look of Trap floor panels (they should be easier to spot)
+ Foes' Summoning Circles now are sized relative to the foe; they have varying sound effects as well
+ Minor improvements to the look of the Underworld Map between regions
+ Minor improvements to Weapon Unlock presentation
+ Other minor visual changes, fixes, and improvements

Menus & UI
+ Updated Mirror of Night screen and presentation based on new functionality
:shadesmile: Added category-specific indicators when House Contractor has new items or is sold out
:shadesmile: Added reminder to activate Legendary Keepsakes in certain contexts
+ Added feedback when failing to power up Pierced Butterfly (Thanatos) or Lambent Plume (Hermes)
+ Added ammo-regeneration indicator while using Stygian Soul (Mirror)
+ Improved sorting of resources along right screen edge
:shadesmile: Improved feedback using Charged Throw (Spear)
+ Made various improvements, detailed below, that in aggregate should improve clarity during combat
+ Updated Damage Numbers presentation to reduce clutter (successive damage now ticks up a single number)
+ Updated Boon Sidebar to show only relevant Boons (everything is still in the Boon Info screen)
+ Updated Status Curse stack feedback on foes
+ Other minor fixes, changes, and improvements

Music & SFX
+ Added new sound effects for the Twin Fists
+ Added new sound effects for the Aspect of Arthur (Blade)
+ Updated sound effects for the Well of Charon and Purging Pool
+ Updated sound effects for the House Contractor
+ Updated sound effects for some attacks from spurned Olympians
+ Added and updated ambient sounds in some chambers
+ Other minor changes, fixes, and mix improvements

Voice & Narrative
+ Extended Affinity Gauges for Nyx, Chaos, Artemis, and Zeus (you can give them more gifts)
+ Added many narrative events (with Nyx, Chaos, Orpheus, Eurydice, Artemis, Zeus, Hades, and more)
+ Added new Remembrance sequences (when Lord Hades appears at the start of some escape attempts)
+ Added several new Duo Boon interactions for some pairings
+ Added many new Zagreus voice lines to various contexts for additional variety
:shadesmile: Added more voiceover variety in the Final Boss encounter
+ Added Codex entry for Malphon, the Twin Fists
:shadesmile: Added Codex entries for Underworld Regions (i.e., various locations)
:shadesmile: Added Codex entries for River Denizens (i.e., fish)
+ Added Codex entries for Fables (use Legendary Keepsakes to unlock these)
+ Updated Codex entry for Nyx
:shadesmile: Added utterly nightmarish new Flashback Sequence...
+ Added yet another new Early Access Ending variant
+ Minor changes to effects on Nyx voiceover
+ Updated requirements and other minor changes to various narrative events
+ Fixes and tuning to various contextual voice events
+ Added several missing subtitles

New Settings
:shadesmile: Added Master Volume setting to Settings
:shadesmile: Added Screen Shake toggle to Settings

Miscellaneous
+ Updated Development Roadmap to reflect our plans for our next Major Update, slated for June
+ Added community-translated content in some languages (translations are ongoing for newer content)
+ Added a number of new Victory Screen Commendations
+ Lord Hades will sometimes judge the shades gathered in his Great Hall
+ Dusa and Megaera will sometimes be gossiping in the lounge
+ Hypnos will sometimes fall back asleep
:shadesmile: Wretched Broker now has a Limited Time Offer letting you exchange Darkness for Gemstones
:shadesmile: While switching auto-aim targets with the Bow and Rail, Zagreus quickly rotates instead of snapping (this is a cosmetic change with no effect on aim speed)
+ Urns can now be broken as a result of some knock-away effects (not just direct attack)
+ Added a visual hint when trying to exit chambers before collecting the reward
+ Keepsake Screen no longer shows available Ambrosia before it can be used there
+ Minor improvements to door interact presentation in the Temple of Styx
+ Minor improvements to Rod of Fishing presentation
+ Sisyphus now tosses items in your general direction
+ Updated Credits with additional Community Contributors (Thank you for all your help!!)
:shadesmile: References to lava changed to magma (as is well known, magma is beneath the earth, lava is above it)
:shadesmile: Various text fixes, updates, and clarifications

Bug Fixes
+ Fixed lag issues using Switch Pro controllers (if you run into input issues, please report them by pressing F10)
+ Fixed rare instances of foes taking wall-slam damage multiple times from a single knock-away effect
:shadesmile: Fixed damage effects playing after Death Defiance activation, rather than before
:shadesmile: Fixed Splendid Lyre sometimes not making a sound when used
:shadesmile: Fixed God of War (Fated List) coming from Artemis rather than Ares
+ Fixed an issue where gifting Thanatos during an escape attempt made him noninteractive in the House
+ Fixed being able to use exits in some Chambers while using the Rod of Fishing
+ Fixed certain story events in the Prince's Bedchambers not queuing properly
+ Fixed issues toggling some House Decor items from the House Contractor
+ Fixed a graphical issue exiting the Temple of Styx
+ Fixed a visual issue where Chill effects would tint a character's speech bubble
+ Fixed a visual issue when Wave-Makers are affected by Chill effects
:shadesmile: Fixed weapon charge-up sounds sometimes persisting between chambers
:shadesmile: Many other minor fixes

Quote of the Patch
'Nyx, whom the Romans called Nox, is a scarcely personified abstraction... Alone she spawned a large and generally unpleasant brood that included Moros (Doom), Thanatos (Death), Hypnos (Sleep), the Fates, and Nemesis.' ~Crowell's Handbook of Classical Mythology (E. Tripp)

Note: You should see v0.26738 in-game once you have the update.

OP
OP
Volkama

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Early Access Patch 040: The NIGHTY NIGHT Update - March 10, 2020

Hades_Animated_IM_UP10.gif

This Major Update opens up even more ways to battle out of hell, with a powerful new weapon, new weapon Aspects, and lots more story to sink your teeth into! As always, we will be closely monitoring feedback and are planning on at least a couple of follow-up patches. Thank you very much for playing!

Highlights

• Malphon, the Twin Fists: pummel your foes into the ground with this furious close-quarters weapon
• Mirror of Night Rework: now with twice the Talents, inviting more choices to fit your playstyle
• Aspect of Arthur: wield the might of Holy Excalibur with this legendary Aspect of the Stygian Blade
• Improved Visual Effects: we've made frenetic combat easier to parse without compromising the oomph
• New Pact of Punishment Conditions: see if you can survive Benefits Package and Routine Inspection
• Administrative Chamber: access your Permanent Record beyond a mysterious locked door in the House
• New House of Hades Events: the god of the dead's residence is livelier than ever
• Expanded Story: hours of added narrative featuring Nyx, Chaos, Artemis, Zeus, and more

Infernal Arms, Aspects, & Abilities

• Twin Fists: new! Unlock earlier weapons to reveal this (once you return from an escape attempt)
• Twin Fists (Zagreus Aspect): new! Gain attack speed and dodge chance
• Twin Fists (Talos Aspect): new! Drag foes to you with the power of the Magnetic Cutter
• Twin Fists (Demeter Aspect): new! Obliterate foes with the power of the Giga Cutter
• Stygian Blade (Arthur Aspect): new! Seek Nyx to learn more (unlock Guan Yu and Blade aspects first)
• Eternal Spear (Guan Yu Aspect): Spin attack now bounces off obstacles rather than passing through
• Adamant Rail: increased accuracy; now the sixth weapon to be unlocked, after the Twin Fists
• Added one more frame of invulnerability to the Dash (you now are fully invulnerable until you can move)

Boons & Blessings

• Reduced base offering rate of Legendary and Duo Boons; a new Mirror Talent lets you boost this
• Huge Catch (Poseidon): new! Increases chance of finding fishing points
• Holy Shield (Athena): fixed Evergreen Acorn (Eurydice) activating at the same time when you are hit
• True Shot (Artemis): reduced damage scaling from improved rarity
📢 Unhealthy Fixation (Aphrodite): can now be offered if you have Broken Resolve; fixed issues where Charmed damage bonus did not expire
• Battle Rage (Ares): expires after first hit from Aspect of Zeus Throw special; no longer expires when recalling the Spear's Throw special
📢 Urge to Kill (Ares): improved scaling from Poms
• Snow Burst (Demeter): now correctly fires at your position while loading ammo using Aspect of Hera; no longer hits through obstacles
📢 Mistral Dash (Demeter): increased damage
📢 Atrophic (Chaos): fixed issues causing incorrect adjustments to Life Total
• Roiling (Chaos): duration no longer reduced by Boss encounters (since it does not affect those encounters)
• Auto Reload (Hermes): new! Regenerate Bloodstones faster (if you have a certain Mirror talent)
• Bad News (Hermes): new! Deal bonus Cast damage to foes without Cast ammo in them (if you have a certain Mirror talent)
• Greater Recall (Hermes): now requires first having one of Hermes' Cast-affecting Boons
• Flurry Shot (Hermes): reduced power scaling from improved rarity
• Quick Reload (Hermes): increased power scaling at Heroic rarity

Daedalus Hammer Upgrades

📢 Double Nova (Blade): reduced penalty to damage radius
📢 Cursed Slash (Blade): reduced penalty to Life Total
📢 Charged Volley (Bow): increased minimum range; no longer offered while using Aspect of Chiron
• Relentless Barrage (Bow): fixed an issue where it sometimes stopped working with Aspect of Chiron
• Chain Shot (Bow): shots no longer bounce off of invisible Chamber boundaries
• Minotaur Rush (Shield): increased Bull Rush Power Shot damage
📢 Charged Shot (Shield): increased minimum range
• Explosive Return (Shield): slightly reduced damage
• Exploding Launcher (Rail): slightly reduced damage
• Cluster Bomb (Rail): adjusted firing pattern
• Hazard Bomb (Rail): now fires on press (rather than on release); fixed interaction with Inescapable Blast
• Spread Fire (Rail): reworked; now fires as a single, powerful blast
• Long Knuckle (Fist): new! Attacks have improved range and damage
• Rolling Knuckle (Fist): new! Attack combo ends in a powerful hook punch
• Concentrated Knuckle (Fist): new! Successive attacks against the same foe deal more damage
• Breaching Cross (Fist): new! Your Dash-Strike pierces foes and deals bonus damage to Armor
• Explosive Upper (Fist): new! Your Dash-Special (unique to Twin Fists) deals bonus area damage
• Rush Kick (Fist): new! Dash toward foes with a powerful kick
• Flying Cutter (Fist): new! Hold Special for a stronger, longer range strike
• Draining Cutter (Fist): new! Slay foes with your Cutter special to restore some Life
• Quake Cutter (Fist): new! Deal area damage while landing from your Cutter special

Foes & Encounters

• 'Trial of the Gods': updated many effects from spurned gods; no longer occur in smaller chambers
• Thanatos: reduced appearance rate in Tartarus; removed Flame Wheels from appearing in these fights
📢 Larger chambers in Asphodel now only appear later in the region
• Bone Hydra: a wider variety of heads can appear (note that no new types have been added)
📢 Exalted Longspear: attack visual more closely matches its hit box
📢 Splitter: updated pattern of split-firing projectiles (it should look better)
• The Minotaur: updated spin attack, specific to the effect of Extreme Measures (Pact)
📢 Theseus: can no longer invoke Demeter's aid before you have met her
📢 Crawler: Elite variant no longer appears, although...
• ...added a terrifying new mini-boss encounter to the Temple of Styx...

Mirror of Night

• Reworked! More choices, improved usability, reduced total Darkness cost; in more detail:
• Added a new flip-side Talent for each Talent! Only one Talent per pair can be active at a time
• Removed ability to subtract ranks in a given talent; added a full Darkness refund option
• Talents are no longer all visible at the start of the game; they are now unlocked two rows at a time
• Later Talents cost less Darkness; if you had more invested than is now required, it has been refunded. Total Darkness required to max all Talents is less than before (when there were half as many Talents)
• Fiery Presence: new! Deal more damage vs. undamaged foes
• Dark Regeneration: new! Recover health when you collect Darkness
• Stubborn Defiance: new! A single Death Defiance effect that replenishes in each Chamber
• Ruthless Reflex: new! Dash just before taking damage for bonus damage and dodge chance
• Stygian Soul: new! Your Cast ammo regenerates automatically (instead of dropping from foes)
• Golden Touch: new! Earn money between Underworld regions based on how much you have
• High Confidence: new! Deal bonus damage while your Life Total is high
• Abyssal Blood: new! Foes with Cast ammo in them move slower and deal less damage
• Family Favorite: new! Deal bonus damage for each different Olympian whose Boons you have
• Olympian Legacy: new! Improves chance of finding Duo or Legendary Boons
• Gods' Chosen: new! Improves chance of finding chambers with Boons, Hammers, or Poms
• Fated Persuasion: new! You can randomly alter Boon and Well of Charon choices offered
• Note: We have plans to do even more with the Darkness resource in future updates

Keepsakes & Items

• Lucky Tooth (Skelly): reduced healing at higher ranks (bringing it in line with other defensive Keepsakes)
• Broken Spearpoint (Fallen Warrior): fixed issues with it not working against some Final Boss attacks
• Black Shawl (Nyx): reworked; now gives bonus damage vs. undamaged foes and while backstabbing
📢 Companion Mort (Thanatos): no longer blockable by shield-bearing foes
• Companion Rib (Skelly): increased resistance to wall-slam damage
• Companion Shady (Sisyphus): resource drops now affected by certain Boons; reduced money drops
• Touch of Styx (Well): new! Improves healing from Stubborn Defiance
• Touch of Styx Dark (Fallen Warrior): new! A superior version of the above
• Trove Tracker (Well): no longer offered in the Temple of Styx (Lord Hades wouldn't put troves there)

Pact of Punishment

📢 Budget Cuts: cut from game; replaced with...
📢 Routine Inspection: new! Disables Mirror of Night talents, three at a time from the bottom
📢 Benefits Package: new! Gives Dire (a.k.a Armored) foes an assortment of nasty Perks:
• Shifter: teleports around from time to time
• Bruiser: extra armor
• Puller: surrounded by a field that pulls you in
• Savior: intermittently makes nearby foes briefly invulnerable
• Slugger: hits harder
• Speeder: moves and attacks faster
• Linker: links to other foes via a continuous beam that damages you
• Cloner: summons 1-Life copies of itself
• Burner: spews molten puddles
• Seeker: ranged attacks track you
• Popper: bursts into Exalted Shades that self-destruct
• The Condition previously called No Choice now is called Approval Process

Permanent Record

• new! Added a screen summarizing each of your escape attempts; find it in the House's locked chamber
• Note: This is a first-pass version of this screen, which we expect to continue improving in subsequent Major Updates

House Contractor

• Added items specific to certain subplots...

Fated List of Minor Prophecies

• Whence Night and Darkness Came: new! Nyx and Chaos shall be reunited
• Musician and Muse: new! Orpheus and Eurydice shall be reunited
• The Holy King: new! The Aspect of Arthur shall reach the surface
• Slashed Benefits: new! Foes with all Benefits Package Perks shall be slain
• Denizens of the Deep: new! A variety of fish shall be caught
• Dark Reflections: new! Successful escapes shall be completed using all Mirror Talents
• End to Torment: aiding Sisyphus is more involved than before (if you haven't done this yet)
• Updated requirements to fulfill several other Prophecies (won't affect you if you've already fulfilled them)

Level Design & Environments

• Added two new chambers to Asphodel
📢 It is easier to reliably dash across gaps in several Temple of Styx chambers
📢 Updated, clearer cover layout in the Final Boss chamber
• The lounge's kitchen area in the House of Hades is easier to get to
• You can now get into one of the locked chambers in the House of Hades...
• Other minor fixes and improvements to various chambers

Art & Visual FX

• Updated main menu based on new Major Update
• Added new portraits and character model for Nyx
• Added new character model and animations for Hypnos
• Added new animations for Dusa
• Added some new animations for Lord Hades
• Added unique art, animation, and VFX for the Twin Fists and its Aspects
• Added unique art, animation, and VFX for the Aspect of Arthur (Blade)
• Updated the look of Olympian Boon pick-ups
• Updated the look of the House Contractor screen
• Updated the look of the Well of Charon screen
• Updated the look of the Pool of Purging screen
• Updated the look of the Fated List screen
• Updated the look of information panels (e.g. the one that says THERE IS NO ESCAPE)
• Added presentation while resetting offered choices using Fated Persuasion (Mirror)
• Added and updated some icons in the Mirror of Night and Pact of Punishment
• Added graphical icons for various new Boons, Aspects, and Upgrades
• Updated the look of one of the locked doors in the House of Hades
• Made various improvements, detailed below, that in aggregate should improve clarity during combat
• Updated on-hit visual effects (they are cleaner and now have directionality)
• Updated on-hit visual effects for rapid-fire attacks
• Updated on-hit visual effects for foes with Armor
• Updated visual effects when foes are slain
• Updated the look of damage shroud (i.e., when you get hit; this no longer reduces visibility as much)
• Updated the look of the Power Shot full-screen effect (not as jarring as before)
• Updated the look of Trap floor panels (they should be easier to spot)
• Foes' Summoning Circles now are sized relative to the foe; they have varying sound effects as well
• Minor improvements to the look of the Underworld Map between regions
• Minor improvements to Weapon Unlock presentation
• Other minor visual changes, fixes, and improvements

Menus & UI

• Updated Mirror of Night screen and presentation based on new functionality
📢 Added category-specific indicators when House Contractor has new items or is sold out
📢 Added reminder to activate Legendary Keepsakes in certain contexts
• Added feedback when failing to power up Pierced Butterfly (Thanatos) or Lambent Plume (Hermes)
• Added ammo-regeneration indicator while using Stygian Soul (Mirror)
• Improved sorting of resources along right screen edge
📢 Improved feedback using Charged Throw (Spear)
• Made various improvements, detailed below, that in aggregate should improve clarity during combat
• Updated Damage Numbers presentation to reduce clutter (successive damage now ticks up a single number)
• Updated Boon Sidebar to show only relevant Boons (everything is still in the Boon Info screen)
• Updated Status Curse stack feedback on foes
• Other minor fixes, changes, and improvements

Music & SFX

• Added new sound effects for the Twin Fists
• Added new sound effects for the Aspect of Arthur (Blade)
• Updated sound effects for the Well of Charon and Purging Pool
• Updated sound effects for the House Contractor
• Updated sound effects for some attacks from spurned Olympians
• Added and updated ambient sounds in some chambers
• Other minor changes, fixes, and mix improvements

Voice & Narrative

• Extended Affinity Gauges for Nyx, Chaos, Artemis, and Zeus (you can give them more gifts)
• Added many narrative events (with Nyx, Chaos, Orpheus, Eurydice, Artemis, Zeus, Hades, and more)
• Added new Remembrance sequences (when Lord Hades appears at the start of some escape attempts)
• Added several new Duo Boon interactions for some pairings
• Added many new Zagreus voice lines to various contexts for additional variety
📢 Added more voiceover variety in the Final Boss encounter
• Added Codex entry for Malphon, the Twin Fists
📢 Added Codex entries for Underworld Regions (i.e., various locations)
📢 Added Codex entries for River Denizens (i.e., fish)
• Added Codex entries for Fables (use Legendary Keepsakes to unlock these)
• Updated Codex entry for Nyx
📢 Added utterly nightmarish new Flashback Sequence...
• Added yet another new Early Access Ending variant
• Minor changes to effects on Nyx voiceover
• Updated requirements and other minor changes to various narrative events
• Fixes and tuning to various contextual voice events
• Added several missing subtitles

New Settings

📢 Added Master Volume setting to Settings
📢 Added Screen Shake toggle to Settings

Miscellaneous

• Updated Development Roadmap to reflect our plans for our next Major Update, slated for June
• Added community-translated content in some languages (translations are ongoing for newer content)
• Added a number of new Victory Screen Commendations
• Lord Hades will sometimes judge the shades gathered in his Great Hall
• Dusa and Megaera will sometimes be gossiping in the lounge
• Hypnos will sometimes fall back asleep
📢 Wretched Broker now has a Limited Time Offer letting you exchange Darkness for Gemstones
📢 While switching auto-aim targets with the Bow and Rail, Zagreus quickly rotates instead of snapping (this is a cosmetic change with no effect on aim speed)
• Urns can now be broken as a result of some knock-away effects (not just direct attack)
• Added a visual hint when trying to exit chambers before collecting the reward
• Keepsake Screen no longer shows available Ambrosia before it can be used there
• Minor improvements to door interact presentation in the Temple of Styx
• Minor improvements to Rod of Fishing presentation
• Sisyphus now tosses items in your general direction
• Updated Credits with additional Community Contributors (Thank you for all your help!!)
📢 References to lava changed to magma (as is well known, magma is beneath the earth, lava is above it)
📢 Various text fixes, updates, and clarifications

Bug Fixes

• Fixed lag issues using Switch Pro controllers (if you run into input issues, please report them by pressing F10)
• Fixed rare instances of foes taking wall-slam damage multiple times from a single knock-away effect
📢 Fixed damage effects playing after Death Defiance activation, rather than before
📢 Fixed Splendid Lyre sometimes not making a sound when used
📢 Fixed God of War (Fated List) coming from Artemis rather than Ares
• Fixed an issue where gifting Thanatos during an escape attempt made him noninteractive in the House
• Fixed being able to use exits in some Chambers while using the Rod of Fishing
• Fixed certain story events in the Prince's Bedchambers not queuing properly
• Fixed issues toggling some House Decor items from the House Contractor
• Fixed a graphical issue exiting the Temple of Styx
• Fixed a visual issue where Chill effects would tint a character's speech bubble
• Fixed a visual issue when Wave-Makers are affected by Chill effects
📢 Fixed weapon charge-up sounds sometimes persisting between chambers
📢 Many other minor fixes

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just reading patch notes, this stuff all makes me happy:
+ Reduced offering rate of 'Exchange' Boons
+ Reduced offering rate for Olympian Aid Boons (in general, they should appear less early and often)

:shadesmile: Aphrodite's Call: no longer blockable by shield-bearing foes; no longer stopped by Final Boss urns
:shadesmile: Artemis' Call: no longer stopped by by Final Boss urns
:shadesmile: Crystal Beam (Demeter): increased tracking speed

+ Demeter's Aid: increased speed at which winter vortex reaches full size

:shadesmile: Cursed Slash (Blade): increased life-steal effect
+ World Smasher (Shield): slightly reduced damage; no longer fully automatic

+ Gigantic Vermin: Mini-boss creates fewer Poison puddles
:shadesmile: Final Boss: improved hit box on some attacks; urns no longer deal damage while being summoned

+ Added controller vibration while using the Rod of Fishing

:shadesmile: Fixed an issue that could stall progress on Dusa's lounge renovation quest

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Running into a few minor bugs:
1. if you have the pact effect of having one less boon option, then rerolling using the new fated persuasion shows an additional boon as being disabled - it's a visual bug, you can select the boon in the slot that was previously disabled.
2. Small audio glitches, stuff like the entrance sound for Chaos start and stop after a split second

Beyond that, I like the style changes, feels more dynamic, but the new icons for the god boon are weird. Seems like it's easier to tell when one is rare/epic/legendary though!

Finished my first run with the new blade aspect... I really suspect there's a nerf incoming! With a lvl 4 Demeter buff, quicker attack from hermes, and +200% damage on backstabs from daedalus, I was hitting for about 1100 on back attacks for the third strike. I like the really strong, slower attacks, and the special attack is a really cool effect!

Last edited: