• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hades_PackArt_2.jpg

Metacritic 91 | OpenCritic: 92
Scored Reviews:
IGN 9/10
Destructoid 9/10
The SixthAxis 10/10
Game Informer 8.5/10
Edge 9/10
Techraptor 9.5
Gamespot 9/10
PCGamer 9/10

Unscored:
Kotaku: Hades Is Out Of Early Access Now, And We Love It
Rock Paper Shotgun: Attack and Dethrone God
Eurogamer: God Tier

Will add more as more come in!

Last edited:

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game really is excellent, and I urge people to pay attention to the character dialogue and talk to everyone between runs. That's where the meat of the storyline is and as usual for Supergiant the writing and character work is quite good.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The game is superb (as to be expected from Supergiant). Instantly up there with my favourite things they've done.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Bought the pc one a month ago and it quickly became my favorite game in the genre. It's incredible. Definitely double dipping on switch later today thanks to cross save

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The game really is excellent, and I urge people to pay attention to the character dialogue and talk to everyone between runs. That's where the meat of the storyline is and as usual for Supergiant the writing and character work is quite good.
I have a question. Do they plan to continue adding content or is the game complete? Normally in narrative games I prefer to wait until they are finished before buying because it is very rare that I replay something that I already "finished".

Oct 25, 2017
Hades is basically Supergiant's Best of Compilation. It takes all their strengths across their catalog and improves upon them.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Switch release today but not the other consoles? I have it on PC already but might bite again if there's a sexy 4K release for my TV.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I've been hooked on this game for the last couple weeks. I don't normally keep replaying Roguelikes over and over, but there's something really addictive about Hades.

The fact that I'm not sure if I've heard as single repeated dialogue line after more than 20 hours is also insane.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hades is basically Supergiant's Best of Compilation. It takes all their strengths across their catalog and improves upon them.

You can definitely feel the influence of different games. Like, many of the boons, especially duo boons and hammer upgrades remind me of the super transformative abilities in Transistor. Like, Ares x Aphrodite does one thing, but Ares x Artemis has an entirely different niche and so forth with different combinations of gods. Layer on top of that Daedalus hammer upgrades, which will often also shift your play style in very specific ways, and all the different weapons and alternative forms of weapons. It is very rich in variety.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Congratz to Supergiant Games for making another masterpiece. Can't wait to start it up again!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
If this game has less than 9/10 average reviewers are a joke.

Not really lol

But the game is damn good.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
It's hard to pick a favorite Supergiant Game, but this might be it. I love the characters and world so much in it. It's really set a high bar for other roguelites.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. Do they plan to continue adding content or is the game complete? Normally in narrative games I prefer to wait until they are finished before buying because it is very rare that I replay something that I already "finished".
Should be content complete with this release. Maybe they will do expansions or something, but the story should have a satisfying conclusion at this point.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Supergiant Gods did it. Can't wait to get home and see the true ending.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Supergiant Games have said it is highly unlikely they produce add ons for Hades. They want to release the game and let it stand on that merit, so they can ensure they're completely happy with final release and can move on to their next project cleanly.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So excited. Downloading now. Roguelike x Supergiant is something I feel lucky to be getting at all, planets aligned on that one. To have heard, and to keep hearing, about how great it is just hype. Going to be patient and save starting for the evening when I can dedicate a stretch.

also this and spelunky 2 and neon abyss all together is just whaaaaaaaaat

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Nice, I'll have to start it over tonight.

Played a few hours in early access but decided to shelve it until everything was complete. It was such a great experience (even early on) that I wanted to go in with everything updated and polished.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Honestly, some of my favorite parts come from dying. I was never upset to get killed, because there's so much to look forward to. Hell... I've actually died on purpose a couple times...

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, some of my favorite parts come from dying. I was never upset to get killed, because there's so much to look forward to. Hell... I've actually died on purpose a couple times...
Oh yeah absolutely, I mean dying is inevitable anyway (game gets pretty tough) but often I'm more excited to see what people are going to say/what scenes show up over actually starting the next run.
No problem!

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I've put a ton of hours into this in early access. Such a great game.

I wasn't aware that this hit 1.0, I need to get back in to see the final changes.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Enjoyed bastion(still need to beat Transitor tho) and love Greek mythology so definitely considering this on my switch

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Going to double dip. Glad it runs at 60 FPS on Switch.