• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it coming from miles away from seeing my Dad, Uncle, Grandfathers on both sides, etc go bald/bald early.

Grew my hair out to my shoulders one last time about a decade ago and now I just shave it down once/twice a week. Not a problem.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being so mad about thinning hair that you take it out on someone whose occasional kindness you mistook for flirting?
unknown.png
Dam. lmaaaaao

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I really wonder what it is about hair loss that makes some men flip out and others not give a shit, but from anecdotal experience, the latter ones from my friends are the ones in great relationships. Confidence is far more attractive than hair.

I've wondered the same in a previous balding thread. To me, being in shape is a waaaay more important physically than a good head of hair.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder what it is about hair loss that makes some men flip out and others not give a shit, but from anecdotal experience, the latter ones from my friends are the ones in great relationships. Confidence is far more attractive than hair.

I mean in my case I really am just objectively uglier bald - there's really no two ways about it. It's just my features and facial structure that don't lend themselves well to it. Seems pretty reasonable to freak out about it.

If I were married and older though, I really don't think I would give a fuck.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Is it true balding gene comes from mother's side? if so, I am good. But my dad is bald AF.

If I was to go bald, though, I would definitely go the buzz cut/shaved route.

As I understand it, it's generally your mother's father. Was for me - I've shaved it and haven't looked back. I love it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I've told versions of this story elsewhere, but I'll share here too.

My grandfather is bald. From an incredibly young age I was told that it would be my fate too and that gave me a ton of anxiety, especially as I got older. It was something I always dreaded. Every hair that would come out in the shower, or be on the pillow was met with some degree of panic.

As I got into into my late twenties, reality started to set in. By the time I was about 30 or so, I really couldn't even lie to myself about it anymore. Shortly thereafter I conceded and shaved my head for the first time. It was one of the most liberating tings I've ever done. The second those clippers turned off, I was free. Free from the anxiety, free from worrying if other people noticed, free from thinking about it at all. That was a couple years ago now, and I wish I'd just embraced it sooner.

At this point, even if they "cured" it, I wouldn't stop shaving my head. Bald suits me and accepting myself and the hand I was dealt has made me a much more happy and confident guy.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I just shave my head. I look like a budget version of Mao if I don't. Still some hair in the middle, but thin enough it might as well not be there. Honestly, a slightly receding hairline sounds nice in comparison.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Never had the thickest hair, so losing more wasn't that big of a deal to me. Honestly I first started thinking about it when co-workers at an old job jokingly made some comment. Since then it's been like... 15 years or so. I struggled with it a lot over time, and still sometimes do. But I think I look better with really short hair since it always used to be really thin and oily.
I do use Regaine though and I think (at least I tell that to myself) it stopped the process somewhat. It doesn't get better but not worse as well.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I first noticed my hair loss at 18. It was very significant two years later. At 30, I just shave my head every couple days. All the men in my family are bald, so I knew I was going to be well fucked, but I didn't know it would happen so early. We're also all shit at growing beards, so the best I can do is a face full of patchy pubes.

Oct 30, 2017
It receded in the front and thinned in the back somewhat aggressively in my late twenties, but then slowed way down. It's still happening, but slowly enough that I only notice when I compare photos from several years apart. I'm not too worried about it. It's just hair.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I look better bald then I did with the thinning hair but I looked best with a thick full head. Bald is fine. The shape of your cranium makes a big difference
This is basically it. I actually don't shave my head at the moment (my wife convinced me to grow it back for another couple of years) but there's no question in my mind that I look and feel better with an extremely close buzz cut (half guard) than I do with any style that attempts to conceal my hair loss. But even in spite of all that, I know I looked better still when I had a full head of hair - just not enough to warrant a transplant or medication.

I think I've probably got a couple of years left until I absolutely need to buzz mine all off again. What started as just receding temples became a super thin front and a very balding crown - both of which are creeping towards one another and getting ready to meet in the middle. In some photos you wouldn't notice it; in others you'd say "that guy's nearly bald". Three years will take me to 40, which I think is a very reasonable point to say "fuck it" and just commit to buzzing it every week. From past experience, I know it looks good.

It sounds like OP has far deeper issues than his hair, anyway. Especially since the hair isn't even bad.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im only losing hair at the front, doesn't really bother me, it's just hair. When I get a bald spot at the back i'll just shave it all.