• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
CWtfHG1.png

Hajime Tabata

先日、"ジャパンメタバース経済圏"プロジェクトを発表しました。たくさんの問い合わせをありがとうございます。 JP GAMES設立時から考えていた、ユーザーと企業が共生する新しいRPGを創ってみよう的なプロジェクトになります。 時代は進み、それはメタバースと呼ぶ方が伝わりやすくなりましたね。私の会社もグループ会社化しました。 ゲームの可能性をさらに広げていきますのでよろしくおねがいします。 We...

vNf5dCH.png

I'm so tired.

PolygonalDude

Banned
Mar 1, 2022
OMG enough with this metaverse NFT crap. I hope these ideas crash and burn. Its like a persistent illness that just won't go away. I want to kickstart a fund where anytime any developer talks about this shit, people could put an equivalent amount of money in support of that fund for however much any given developer invested in these moronic ideas so that at the end of it they would see how much money they left on the table and how much animosity all this metaverse, nft, crypto crap inspires in the gaming circles and elsewhere

Last edited:

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I would like to hear the Japanese populaces perspective on this cause it seems like some companies over there are really going hard with this stuff.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
dude is really announcing this right after crypto bankrupted a bank in the US.

Is there any chance at all that this thing isn't using crypto, but is more of a standard GaaS that uses regular currency, and they just kept the term "metaverse"?

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
A P A R A D I S E W H E R E U S E R S A N D C O M P A N I E S C O - E X I S T I N H A R M O N Y

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to hear the Japanese populaces perspective on this cause it seems like some companies over there are really going hard with this stuff.

I've heard that the Japanese government is incentivizing web3, but it's hard to find sources on that in the US, so I'm not sure how true it is. That would explain why even big companies seem to be taking moderate risks into a space that's basically done nothing for the game industry, but I don't know. It would have to be a pretty big incentive to risk completely alienating the Western market.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't seem to be taking off at all so far but just mentioning NFTs or Metaverse doesn't invite an immediate vitriolic reaction as it does in the west.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
whats with all the nft announcements lately

i thought it had finally sunk in that most game nerds don't want that shit

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
whats with all the nft announcements lately

i thought it had finally sunk in that most game nerds don't want that shit

The thread about game development following old trends purely due to elongated dev times holds true here as well. Even if they got the message that NFT's are a scam, their game is probably 70% done. The money is spent, they're not gonna cancel it now.

So they just gotta....hope their game is so good people forget it's stupid and predatory. Like Overwatch or Genshin Impact.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
When will they understand that regular ppl uses games as an escape from work and stress?

Its fucking DoA.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
😬

Looks like this was already announced 2 weeks ago. Wonder how everybody missed that.
Apparently it's a initiative from Jp games and the Japanese Government's 'Digital Agency'.
en.m.wikipedia.org

Digital Agency - Wikipedia

20230227-01a_tcm100-7164217_tcm100-2750236-32.jpg

Some big companies working on this.

At least the Artwork looks nice...

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Damn, I never knew I wanted insurance in my online games. jfc.

I guess this precludes the other projects that were announced? iirc those were both mentioned to be each backed by a separate partner.

Morbidly curious to see what this ends up being. Not particularly optimistic. Best case scenario he's talking up the metaverse stuff to get the backing of all those other companies and ends up making a semi decent live service MMO/JRPG without invasive transactions and whatnot.

So many fucking banks lmao.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wish these kind of announcement have a more tangible example or showing of what the game actually look like instead of just lengthy sentences filled with buzzword that I'm not sure how it all work.

like in my fantasy head, these kind of announcement are chasing stuff like in Ready Player One, which when I watch the movie, I admit that looks and sounds fun and would love to try if it's real, but have no idea how it will works as a real game

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Project looks solid, and if there's one place where something like Metaverse could work then that place is definitely Japan.

Didn't find any mention of cryptocurrency in the document but they talk about "Multi Magic Passport" that would serve as your one and only service for payments and record your possessions (?) and NFTs (of course...).

This is just a japanese take on what Meta have been failing all these past years, but with actual multi backing instead of a single company trying to make it all. Will probably fail anyway, but it's interesting to see how they approach this.