• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PunkMilitia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay. I'll get hated for this opinion.

Half life 1 and 2 were amazing games at the time because they looked great and bought some new gameplay mechanics into play. The story was okay.

Half life 3 would not be able to live up to HL1 or 3 becaue game engines have evolved enough that mechanics are decent all around, also, graphics have come a long way since HL2.

The only thing that HL3 would have is it's atory, which is mediocre in a lot of ways, sadly. Hate to break it to you all but, just remember how amazing HL2 was and leave it at that.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who thought for one second that this was the actual game needs a reality check.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

signal

Oct 28, 2017

Actually despite the fact that the Laidlaw thing was no doubt early and would not have been the final version, it would be interesting if someone made a game about it (not a visual novel), including the use of the alternate names to avoid C&D, as a way to play some form of Episode 3.

BeelzeBob

Oct 25, 2017
I mean.....Wow I don't really know. Have to agree with an above post that this looks like something off of newgrounds

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to defend OP, but how in the bluest of hells would anyone fall for this thread title in 2017 lol. The dream has loonnnng been dead.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Actually despite the fact that the Laidlaw thing was no doubt early and would not have been the final version, it would be interesting if someone made a game about it (not a visual novel), including the use of the alternate names to avoid C&D, as a way to play some form of Episode 3.

NO.
LET. IT. GO.

Seriously now. Not for me. I love fanmade stuff, but HL is too close to my heart, and I hold it to unreasonable standards (the series, not the heart lol)

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered that Valve announced Artifact instead of Half-Life.... That day + the Laidlaw thing made me accept that there won't be a Half-Life ever again.

Now I am sad again.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
I've long accepted Half Life 2: Episode 3 or Half Life 3 is never going to happen so the title didn't do anything for me.

...That said it'd be kinda cool if someone did their own Episode 3 on the HL2 engine based on the released plot synopsis.

Flabber

Oct 31, 2017
I did think this would at least be something based on the story that the writer released a few months ago, but nope.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most fans of PC gaming believe HL2 is the best PC game ever created. If there was a Mass Effect 3 kind of sequel, HL2 would be tainted forever.

Fans deserve at least the fantasy that Valve could produce a HL3 that is good. Gabe understands this more than anyone. If he believed Valve was good enough then he would have let them do it. I guess he is waiting for fans to take a shot....

Unfortunately this..."thing" is not it I'm afraid :-P