• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
He left Arkane after the release of Dishonored 2 to join Darewise, but he was removed from the list of team members at some point between May and September. I highly doubt he's wound up back at Valve, though; it's been over a decade since he left, and his return seems like something that would've reared its head by now.

I see, thanks. Shame then, but they seem to be doing a decent job at sticking with his visual themes though so hopefully it won't feel too different in tone with the finished product.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A little OT, but in Boneworks how do they restrict the length of your arm? If you stretch your arm longer than the designed length of the character arm does it telescope out? I know Star Trek Bridge Crew does this, but I cannot remember how it is handled in Lone Echo.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they are as long as your hardware works with steamvr

That's the whole point.

They are because they make sure that every hardware works with Steam VR, which they are developing. There is also more too this, you have to actively redesign how controlls work in the game because index, rift and wmr controllers have different options. It would have been so easy for them to lock out people from Steam VR and establish dominance for vive and index. But they didn't. Just like they aren't forcing devs to implement the steam controller. Instead they made sure that every controller works with Steam and can be used and remapped.
Point is: It's an active effort to make sure that everybody with VR can play this. A deliberate choice and not a coincidence because my rift works with Steam VR.

For the it's not on the oculus store argument. So what? I never had a problem with a publisher putting a first party, self funded and self developed title on their own launcher. I'm buying from oculus, from Ubi, from origin, I buy a lot from gog and Steam.

For the fed up with consoles argument.
They also stopped making single player games and now here we are with a new single player Half Life game. Things can change. Even EA can make a triple A, no bullshit single player game and publish it on Steam.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have experience with the original Vive + Index Controllers?
Thinking of getting a used Vive and then getting the Index controllers closer to release.
had the Index controllers together with the OG Vive since late summer. Works without any problems, you just pair the Index controllers with the HMD and all done pretty much.
Unfortunately you can't use the old Vive Wands for anything (unless you buy Steam Controller USB Dongles, and change the FW and so on), since the HMD can only pair with 2 controllers at a time.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Nope all HTC Vive

Nope - Maybe because i have HL2 and the addons?

I've got all of that (I even pre-ordered the HL2 silver package and had redundancy copies from The Orange Box).

Did you buy it used? Is it possible you have a dev kit Vive or something?

No -maybe its a bug?

I doubt it. It's doesn't show like that for me. What happens on the store page? Does is show as owned there?

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
I've got all of that (I even pre-ordered the HL2 silver package and had redundancy copies from The Orange Box).

Did you buy it used? Is it possible you have a dev kit Vive or something?

I doubt it. It's doesn't show like that for me. What happens on the store page? Does is show as owned there?

No i bought it brand new when it released. The steam page says in german that i own the game.

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
You were given the Valve F&F sub if you were a Mac user who pre-ordered the Steam Controller (Mac support didn't end up making the cut for launch), and Alienware has given away keys once or twice.

I dont own a mac or use any Alienware products/services.
Well i wont complain but nice to know why i got it(HL alyx).

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Ok i found why i got the game - its not the HTC Vive -
Its " Valve Friends and Family Complimentary". I dont know why, but i got it.

EDIT:

I got one of these too for trying to use a Steam controller on a Mac once. You have access to all Valve developed titles going forward.

Edit: I believe if you ever even so much as logged into your Steam account on a Mac computer in its lifetime and also bought a Steam controller near launch they just gave you the key.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I dont own a mac or use any Alienware products/services.
Well i wont complain but nice to know why i got it(HL alyx).

If you've never used a Mac, then it's most definitely a key from an Alienware giveaway (if you didn't get one from the giveaway website yourself, then maybe a friend gave it to you or something), unless you toured Valve or went to some Valve-related event and they were handed out to attendees. Needless to say, as the name "Valve Friends and Family" implies, the sub isn't something you can get your hands on via traditional means.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Anyone have experience with the Samsung Odyssey+? Think it's what I'm aiming for and 229 for black friday deals is not bad at all for me. Reviews I've watched so far seem like it's pretty good also.

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
I got one of these too for trying to use a Steam controller on a Mac once. You have access to all Valve developed titles going forward.

Edit: I believe if you ever even so much as logged into your Steam account on a Mac computer in its lifetime and also bought a Steam controller near launch they just gave you the key.

I logged into steam once at work(Mac) to download Counter strike for a after work lan party. I guess thats how i got it? :D
Never bought a steam controller/link.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

I had access to a Mac computer at that time too (iOS work). And I pre-ordered the Steam controller. I just never felt compelled to install Steam on the Mac. Whoops.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have experience with the Samsung Odyssey+? Think it's what I'm aiming for and 229 for black friday deals is not bad at all for me. Reviews I've watched so far seem like it's pretty good also.

I ordered it and its just sitting here. I had to order an displayport to hdmi adapter for it. Headset is pretty sleek and comfortable. Outside of that I can't give anymore details yet lol.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Did anyone else notice in the trailer that Alyx throws a ammo box at the combine? I look forward to interacting with the environment. Wonder if they'll bring back the gnome...