• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Played the game for an hour and a half tonight. Was skeptical at first after listening to this week's Bombcast, but boy am I glad I still gave the game a shot. It's so fucking cool. I'm playing using a Lenovo WMR headset on a laptop with a GTX 1060, and it still feels really good to play (though I can definitely tell that it would shine even more with the Index controllers). It runs well, aside from one crash I had after

opening the door to the quarantine zone.
Excited to dig back in this weekend.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished HL: Alyx, probably going to just start a whole new play through. Want to find other VR games to play, but nothing even comes close to comparing to it, sadly. I still haven't played Lone Echo, but I'm going to wait for a sale, as it doesn't seem to be a very long experience for $40.

Yeah play it whenever you have the chance, the locomotion in the game is amazing, with just being propelled by boosting and gripping the environments. It was pretty much my second "Holy Shit this is cool" moment in VR besides my initial step in playing The Lab. If you're into multiplayer then the multiplayer version of Lone Echo is free and pretty fun to play.

Sairento is another fun game to try while it doesn't have much of a story the gameplay in it is incredible, might not just be the best action VR game but probably one of the best action games I've played in years.

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to some podcasts about Alyx -- names omitted -- while actually playing through the game is just kind of weird. Like, I have to sit down and wonder, am I just having a way better experience than these guys, or am I easy to please, or what? Because Alyx is literally GotG material, a genre masterpiece, and represents a LOT of firsts and forward progress for VR, but if you listen to some of the personalities working through it and you just here "Ho hum" or "I expected better" and it's like, what in the actual fuck?

Like some people are crazy fucking jaded.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah play it whenever you have the chance, the locomotion in the game is amazing, with just being propelled by boosting and gripping the environments. It was pretty much my second "Holy Shit this is cool" moment in VR besides my initial step in playing The Lab. If you're into multiplayer then the multiplayer version of Lone Echo is free and pretty fun to play.

Sairento is another fun game to try while it doesn't have much of a story the gameplay in it is incredible, might not just be the best action VR game but probably one of the best action games I've played in years.

The bow and arrow in Sairento is so amazing, with the bullet time and everything. Bow and arrows in VR is incredibly fun, probably my favorite form of combat I've experience in all of VR so far. I feel like a straight up badass when I pull off some incredible shot. VR made me actually appreciate legolas.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to some podcasts about Alyx -- names omitted -- while actually playing through the game is just kind of weird. Like, I have to sit down and wonder, am I just having a way better experience than these guys, or am I easy to please, or what? Because Alyx is literally GotG material, a genre masterpiece, and represents a LOT of firsts and forward progress for VR, but if you listen to some of the personalities working through it and you just here "Ho hum" or "I expected better" and it's like, what in the actual fuck?

Those kind of reviews come off as this to me:

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bow and arrow in Sairento is so amazing, with the bullet time and everything. Bow and arrows in VR is incredibly fun, probably my favorite form of combat I've experience in all of VR so far. I feel like a straight up badass when I pull off some incredible shot. VR made me actually appreciate legolas.

Without a doubt. The bow is my favorite weapon in the game. The other weapons of course are pretty fun to use as well but nothing quite as satisfying as getting multiple kills with the bow.

I'm pretty excited for what Mixed Realms has in store for their next combat sim since they said they wanted to try new mechanics that no other combat game in VR has done yet.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I mean if you're talking about Giant Bomb West it's kind of their brand these days to shit on games for inconsequential things.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if you're talking about Giant Bomb West it's kind of their brand these days to shit on games for inconsequential things.

I don't really want to point fingers at particular people or podcasts, but I'm sure a lot of us have heard more than a few hot takes already from whatever podcasts we do listen to recently about Alyx, or Doom Eternal, and.. it's going off topic a bit, but given what's going on the world right now I just feel really fucking lucky to have these great games we get to play, and I understand that people in the game critiquing sphere don't want to be pegged down as being hyperbolic or too excitable, or whatever, but right now I'm looking at this last wave of games and thinking "Holy hell, these are some of the best games I've ever seen" and I get excited to listen to podcasts and share in that excitement with them, and it's a real bummer to see that some people have these ridiculous, lukewarm attitudes to these monumental achievements. And I realize that opinions are just that, and they don't have to be shared, but I consider myself to a ... a pretty picky person, not easily impressed, and to have my insane expectations for some of these titles being blown away but to not have that excitement be seen or felt by the people I like to listen to kinda sucks, and the rationales feel hollow. Every day I'm coming in this thread and I'm seeing people having literally the time of their gaming lives, so I know I'm not unique here in how I feel about this game, but goddamn, definitely having moments where I'm wondering if some podcasters are playing the same game I am.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Finished. Oh my god that ending. What an amazing game. My only complaint was I wish you could use objects to melee enemies, like take a cinder block and crush a headcrab with it. But other than that, wow, WOW!
WE GOT WORK TO DO!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really want to point fingers at particular people or podcasts, but I'm sure a lot of us have heard more than a few hot takes already from whatever podcasts we do listen to recently about Alyx, or Doom Eternal, and.. it's going off topic a bit, but given what's going on the world right now I just feel really fucking lucky to have these great games we get to play, and I understand that people in the game critiquing sphere don't want to be pegged down as being hyperbolic or too excitable, or whatever, but right now I'm looking at this last wave of games and thinking "Holy hell, these are some of the best games I've ever seen" and I get excited to listen to podcasts and share in that excitement with them, and it's a real bummer to see that some people have these ridiculous, lukewarm attitudes to these monumental achievements. And I realize that opinions are just that, and they don't have to be shared, but I consider myself to a ... a pretty picky person, not easily impressed, and to have my insane expectations for some of these titles being blown away but to not have that excitement be seen or felt by the people I like to listen to kinda sucks, and the rationales feel hollow. Every day I'm coming in this thread and I'm seeing people having literally the time of their gaming lives, so I know I'm not unique here in how I feel about this game, but goddamn, definitely having moments where I'm wondering if some podcasters are playing the same game I am.

I don't really get dwelling on games you don't like either. Earlier today, I was really let down by the Panzer Dragoon remake, I posted a few times in the official topic because people asked my impressions, but I made my peace with it and left the topic. I see lots of other people are really enjoying the game and I'm happy they aren't let down like I am. I'm not going to ruin their fun by going in and loudly talking about how much I dislike what they did to a group of people who are very obviously disagreeing with me. It just comes off as antagonistic and egotistical. Like, as though you feel that what you don't like is what defines you and makes your opinions valid and special. I dislike that kind of discourse, I don't have time for that stuff no more when it comes to frivolous things like how much I disliked a video game.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get dwelling on games you don't like either. Earlier today, I was really let down by the Panzer Dragoon remake, I posted a few times in the official topic because people asked my impressions, but I made my peace with it and left the topic. I see lots of other people are really enjoying the game and I'm happy they aren't let down like I am. I'm not going to ruin their fun by going in and loudly talking about how much I dislike what they did to a group of people who are very obviously disagreeing with me. It just comes off as antagonistic and egotistical. Like, as though you feel that what you don't like is what defines you and makes your opinions valid and special. I dislike that kind of discourse, I don't have time for that stuff no more when it comes to frivolous things like how much I disliked a video game.

Completely agree, and I try to do the same. And I understand that when we're talking about game journalism, it makes sense that people are going to, well, be critical -- and I don't think any of the recent releases have been without blemish, but there's something equally frustrating and damning that when personalities announce they're going to discuss a game you sometimes get these audible groans from the people in the room. Like they've all decided in advance that the next hour is going to be a dismantlement of a title, because focusing on what it does wrong is so much more valuable than what it does right. And now I'm realizing that I'm just harping away on someone's opinion I disagree with on the internet and feeling stupid for doing so, but I did want to at least briefly lament over how hard its becoming, at least right now, to just share in some genuine enthusiasm with the 'enthusiast' personalities out there.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My only real gripe with HL: Alyx would be the Combine AI was nerfed too hard for VR. I understand why they did it, but they should have made them(and the antlions) much more aggressive on Hard or something. Watching a combine soldier just sit there and stare at the grenade I just tossed next to his feet was a bit of turn off. Also, if you lean your physical body from behind cover, you can pretty much just see enough of the enemy and stick your gun out for an easy headshot, while they just sit there like manikins. AI could use a bit of work.

That and the mind boggling decision to have only 3 weapons in the game.

Everything else, though. Absolutely superb. I think the AI could easily be fixed in an update, hope Valve considers it.

Aaaaaaand, seeing this is a Half-Life game, I would have liked to see more puzzle rooms ala HL1/2. There's a few, but not enough. The electrical routing and holographic puzzles are great and I hope they keep/improve them on the next game, but I like my puzzle rooms too.

CharMomone

Oct 27, 2017
Finished HL:A, my feet are killing me, but it was worth it. While my pc is aging and I only had an odyssey + the game was one of the greatest experiences I had in years. Of course my only issues with the game stems mainly from the fact I was using windows mixed reality hardware, for reason such as throwing objects and the orb puzzle.

I played in 2 hour bursts most of the way through in continuous movement mode and never really had any problems.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
My only real gripe with HL: Alyx would be the Combine AI was nerfed too hard for VR. I understand why they did it, but they should have made them(and the antlions) much more aggressive on Hard or something. Watching a combine soldier just sit there and stare at the grenade I just tossed next to his feet was a bit of turn off. Also, if you lean your physical body from behind cover, you can pretty much just see enough of the enemy and stick your gun out for an easy headshot, while they just sit there like manikins. AI could use a bit of work.

That and the mind boggling decision to have only 3 weapons in the game.

Everything else, though. Absolutely superb. I think the AI could easily be fixed in an update, hope Valve considers it.
Gotta save something for Half Life 3.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017

I have the same opinion, that's why lately I've stopped completely reading reviews for games that I know I'm gonna be interested in or am hyped about from a personal standpoint, I go back to reading reviews once I'm done with the game myself and have my own opinion about it, it makes my enjoyment much better lately. I don't follow bombcast that much (used to listen to them on my commute to work, but since the pandemic I lost my job so I'm not listening to any podcasts), and I always found it weird how sometimes all these big names feel kinda obligated to shit on something universally praised, and I found myself doing that shit and I realized how toxic it is for any type of media enjoyment. For example, right now with all the Doom Eternal hype, since I'm not able to get the game I felt the urge to shit on it without even playing it, even though I know the game is good and that I would probably enjoy it a lot since I loved 2016, or I remember hating the thought of playing the new GoW just because of hyperbolic threads that either went into the "it's the second coming of Christ" or "what have they done to GoW, it sucks now" direction. For me, HL:A is my Game of the Decade moment, unless they release HL3VR until the decade ends, not even Cyberpunk (for which I'm immensely hyped) won't be able to take that spot simply because no mater how good the writing, gameplay and graphics are when it comes out, HL:A will be above it. In conclusion, people love to shit on things a lot of times for no reason (obviously sometimes it's justified).

gman7722

Oct 24, 2019
What movement option are you all using?
I've been using the default blink for a while and it's been pretty solid. I recently switched to continues movement and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What movement option are you all using?
I've been using the default blink for a while and it's been pretty solid. I recently switched to continues movement and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it.
Continuous with smooth turning on 75% speed. Works great, but game needs a sprint button. Right now, continuous is really just half smooth locomotion and half teleport

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I genuinely think they are doing that, including have melee and a crowbar. If they really do Half Life 3 in VR I think it will have all that improved AI and combat, more physics puzzles again and all that kinda stuff that might've felt missing in this.
There's an article on why they didn't include all this and it makes me worried about HL3.

uploadvr.com

Valve On Why Half-Life: Alyx Doesn't Have Boneworks-Style Melee/Physics

Finally available to PC headsets owners everywhere, Half-Life: Alyx is a stunning interpretation of AAA VR. It’s as polished a spectacle you’ll find in the industry. But, despite what you might expect, it’s not a physics showcase comparable to, say, Boneworks. Don’t get us wrong, Alyx

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I genuinely think they are doing that, including have melee and a crowbar. If they really do Half Life 3 in VR I think it will have all that improved AI and combat, more physics puzzles again and all that kinda stuff that might've felt missing in this.

Yeah I bet it will have less bullet sponge enemies and faster movement and combat with more enemies for the next game. I just think they slowed this game down to ease new to VR people into VR, and gave them the opportunity to give Alyx her own style of game.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Jeff!!!!!! Finally that's the game I was looking for. I complain a bit and I do what is easily the best chapter in the game. Pure genius the way it makes use of everything you can do in VR, something IMPOSSIBLE with normal controllers. All tied together in an unforgettable hour segment of genius design. If every chapter was as interesting as that then it would be HL2 level.

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished. Man, I feel like completely shocked right now. Such an incredibly amazing game, and an ending that hit every note it needed to for me. What a fucking journey. It's safe to call it: this is my game of the year, easily. I don't think anything coming out this year can possibly compare, and in a year as stacked at this that's saying something.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
There's an article on why they didn't include all this and it makes me worried about HL3.

uploadvr.com

Valve On Why Half-Life: Alyx Doesn't Have Boneworks-Style Melee/Physics

Finally available to PC headsets owners everywhere, Half-Life: Alyx is a stunning interpretation of AAA VR. It’s as polished a spectacle you’ll find in the industry. But, despite what you might expect, it’s not a physics showcase comparable to, say, Boneworks. Don’t get us wrong, Alyx

My guess is, they'll render the crowbar obsolete and give Gordan an alternative. Maybe some energy infused gloves that can "knockback" enemies or the sort.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
My guess is, they'll render the crowbar obsolete and give Gordan an alternative. Maybe some energy infused gloves that can "knockback" enemies or the sort.
Shoot energy balls! YESSS

latest

Squeeze your Index controller and spawn a ball out of your gloves.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I just realized Half Life Alyx probably had crazy numbers on Twitch on launch day. I'm sorry I didn't get to witness that.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Played from chapter 7 to about halfway through chapter 9 tonight when my left controller disappeared in game. Super weird, but I took it as a sign that it was quitting time for the night.

This game is so good, and so far above any other VR game out right now. I'm still in awe of how high fidelity the assets and visual clarity are. I'm getting kind of prematurely bummed I'm getting close to the end of the game, knowing that nothing even close to this level of quality is coming in the near future for VR. It definitely reignited my fervor for VR games.

Albin

Jun 29, 2018
Can you change it so you dont need to press down on the touchpad to move?

Playing with Vive-wands.

Amazing game so far. Utterly brilliant in every way.

Oct 29, 2017
Played from chapter 7 to about halfway through chapter 9 tonight when my left controller disappeared in game. Super weird, but I took it as a sign that it was quitting time for the night.

This game is so good, and so far above any other VR game out right now. I'm still in awe of how high fidelity the assets and visual clarity are. I'm getting kind of prematurely bummed I'm getting close to the end of the game, knowing that nothing even close to this level of quality is coming in the near future for VR. It definitely reignited my fervor for VR games.
That happened to me in chapter 2! Had to reload an earlier save to get it back.

I've been going super slow playing through. I love that there's actually a lot of reactions from the characters even when just looking around the environment. I loved it early on when I was just looking around an empire room and suddenly Russel started going on about Floppy Disks when I picked one up.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Yeah, you perfectly outlined my biggest ResetERA pet peeve. I know things aren't always going to be lollipops and rainbows but, man, it can just get really old sifting through all the negativity when you just wanna talk to other people who like the same game you're into.

With that said, this game is awesome! Played for a couple of hours tonight and still have a long ways to go.
Just got out of the sewers with the flashlight and had several near heart attacks.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Have played to start of Chapter 5 now and it is amazing, one thing I have noticed is that chapter length is not very consistent. For example Chapter 3 felt really long (and I enjoyed all of it immensely), but chapter 4 quite short by comparison. Anybody who has finished the game, are the remaining chapters more like 3 or 4 in terms of length?

Deleted member 64804

Banned
Mar 24, 2020
Experience, yeah VR adds things a normal game can never achieve but design of the game room by room encounter by encounter I don't know how anyone can say the first 7 hours (all I've played so far) matches what you do in the first 7 hours of HL2. The variety in situations in HL2. The constant stream of new enemies, new weapons, new gear, new locations, new scenarios.

Compare that to Alyx is pretty much small room to small room to small room. Room of 3 headcrabs. Room with a few zombies. Room with some explosive stuff. Room with more headcrabs. Room with another few zombies.

Ravenholm in HL2 alone has more creativity than most of these first 6 hours which have been practically all zombies and headcrabs, which is what ravenholm was. But ravenholm is a physics wonderland, using the gravity gun to engage enemies in so many ways. Tons of traps to activate, Wild enemies coming from all sides. Standing on a rooftop as those super zombies come from everywhere to attack you. Getting trapped in rooms with 10 zombies and razors all over that could be used to take them out. And it did all this in the span of a glorious hour or so of pure game design genius. Nothing in Alyx is that well designed so far.

I wasn't a huge HL2 fan, I'm one of the guys who found the first superior - so I'm not the best guy to get a take on this. I mean it was good but to me this just feels way better in every regard - the use of the environment in combat (cover, staggering with objects, etc.) makes the design feel far deeper than ravenholm in half life 2. Like slicing zombies in half with a saw is cool, dropping cars on them etc it's cool, but it's not climbing into a car busting the window out and shooting blindly as you crouch in the car while managing your ammo and reloading cool. But like I said I didn't find that section or the full game as amazing as some did (I did play it way later than most people so that probably had something to do with it) loved episode 2 tho. Even still I don't think putting those types of encounters in VR would quite work Yet this definitely gives you plenty of options in how to engage in a fight in its own way - In this you feel much more like an actual human in these scenarios rather than a video game superhero like the other Half Life's.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
just finished the game. exhausted. i cried at the end. wonderful. the Valve i grew up with is back. this game is a miracle

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I'm using continuous motion and the teleport keeps triggering when I don't want it to. I think it's really bugged for me.

I recalibrate my thumbsticks and it's okay for a little while but then over time teleport takes over other sides of my thumbstick. I'll go to turn and teleport instead when teleport is only supposed to trigger when the thumbstick is down.

I've had to resort to removing the function in the controller bindings. The shitty thing is there are parts where you can't progress without teleporting.

Oct 25, 2017
Good fucking god, the Northern Star needs to be carpet bombed holy shit.
Opening a door and seeing a long corridor with those fucking poison headcrabs scurrying away was tense enough and then there are suddenly dozens of them? Fuck you fuck everything fuck Valve fuck headcrabs argh!
That was so god damn tense.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
ops i found out i put tyhe light in the wrong hand (tha one with no weapown) and now i can not change it. Btw i will finish the fame like this, no problem, its only bad when i have to pick items with my free hand and suddently its all dark

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
ops i found out i put tyhe light in the wrong hand (tha one with no weapown) and now i can not change it. Btw i will finish the fame like this, no problem, its only bad when i have to pick items with my free hand and suddently its all dark
This is how it's supposed to be. In the options you can choose which hand is your weapon hand, and your flashlight will always be on the opposite. You have to manage using your off hand for picking up things or the light. I honestly found it to be a really fun mechanic.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
This is how it's supposed to be. In the options you can choose which hand is your weapon hand, and your flashlight will always be on the opposite. You have to manage using your off hand for picking up things or the light. I honestly found it to be a really fun mechanic.

Wonder how one handed mode implements it

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Damn I'm su bummed that I cannot play this game at all.

Just watched the DF video (great, great stuff) and I'm so down for this game. But I only play consoles nowadays but I'm eager for VR for quite some time now (and mother of god... Half Life is back !).

Was waiting to know more about Sony and Microsoft plans regarding VR next gen, but if nothing is announced by the end of the year I might skip PS5 for a PC VR solution.

From what I read the Occulus Rift S is the better solution budget and comfort wise, what PC configuration should I aim for VR only all-in-box aiming at 500 bucks top ? My current computer is taking the dust in a closet and might not live through the year, I was planning on upgrading my Surface Book to a model 3 this year but I guess the performances GPU/CPU wise won't be worthit.

EDIT : Well I dug a little and it seems to be between 600-800€ to play the game at minimum, will definitely wait till the end of times the year.

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
this is the first VR game that made me feel all hot and motion sick. hopefully i can mess with the settings more to get to a point where it's comfortable but i played for about 10 minutes and just had to quit

Deleted member 22002

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just finished it, and wow what an experience. Some personal thoughts (No spoilers):

I don't know what future has VR, but this is finally the game that one can point to show the merits of the medium, an absolute must buy: a best hits collage of what all those year of experimentation built up to, without any of the drawbacks the usual detractors of VR can appeal to: it's long, it's great, it's polished, it's robust, it's not gimmicky, it's from a flagship brand, it's proper AAA, it's even sold on a storefront I trust. Starting another VR game right after it felt like coming crashing down from a massive high, and not because the other game was bad in any way, but because Alyx feels so perfect and confident in comparison: I think those virtual hands did to VR what the analog stick did for 3D navigation, it's setting a sort of new standard of direct interaction in a 3D environment. I was completely puzzled as to why i could clip with scenery like a VR ghost in the other game.

As i said before, this is the quintessential 10/10 game: it shows what the future of this type of gaming should be about: high detailed thigh experiences pushed forward by innovative, and not just iterative, tech. And this is a discussion that goes beyond VR itself, I'd love to see more hardware innovation: I'm not into videogames because I want to see more and more realistic pores being rendered on skin, though I do enjoy great graphics too, it can't be the only force driving things forward.

I love that this game exists, and I would not change a thing about it.

That said, I also realize the game was not targeted at ME, and that's fine. There is a huge 99% of the audience that has not experienced VR, and games cannot cater to me, the small slice of the 1% who has both a headset and complete motion sickness immunity. So, while i didn't enjoy some aspects of Alyx, I'm still glad the game was designed the way it is: I want that 1% to grow, so that my tiny tiny slice of market gets more and more viable.

So what I didn't like boils down essentially to forced teleport and Boneworks.

Let's kill the Boneworks problem first. Alyx to me felt like watered down Boneworks. I was expecting Valve could pull the magic wand, take all the genius of Boneworks and make it so that nobody pukes and I don't glitch into space every 10 minutes: turns out it couldn't. And while a lot of what makes Boneworks interesting is in Alyx, I missed what wasn't there. I think the Digital Foundry video really captures that feeling.

Forced Teleport: I can understand the reasoning of making Alys walk so slow, a lot of VR newcomers will switch off teleport the instant they try any VR game for the first time (that's my experience making gamers try VR at least, emphasis on GAMERS, the first question is always "Can I walk?"), they would feel sick and then write down that Alyx is a barf-y game and VR is a barf-y medium. Also a lot of those players may enjoy teleport while not giving it a chance too, so I can understand teleport-jumping as a way to shove teleport down everybody's throat (see it's not so bad? Come on, you want it! You want it!). That said the extreme slowness makes backtracking a PAIN, and the last parts of the game virtually unplayable and narrative dissonant (Alyx can you please not walk at a leisure stroll while EFFING COMBINE SOLDIERS ARE SHOOTING AT YOU?), so I had to use teleport to traverse the environment and go cover to cover, which completely killed immersion and spoiled the last climatic battles into a point and click adventure. I hope some external game config, some INI edit, turns out to be able to raise speed so I can properly replay the game, while new players are protected from self-ruining their introduction to free motion in VR. Though I'm not sure how it would work with other parts of the game, where the slow speed is actually a good tool to create tension.

Last edited: