• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions?

Votes: 28 3.0%
  • 95-99

Votes: 204 21.5%
  • 90-94

Votes: 519 54.8%
  • 85-89

Votes: 153 16.2%
  • 80-84

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • <75

Votes: 10 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

It's amazing to be alive

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
This is how the PCGamer review starts-
PCGamer said:
I played the final three hours of Half-Life: Alyx in a single session. Before Alyx, I never used VR for more than 30 minutes at a time. I don't get motion sick but I do get generally tired of VR. Tired of having a hunk of plastic strapped to my face, of having to stand and stoop and reach awkwardly around, of not being able to check my phone or have a sip of coffee. But I didn't take a break, or even want to, during the final chapters of Half-Life: Alyx. I wasn't tired. I was completely enthralled and unwilling to stop playing.

When I played through the ending (no spoilers here, but trust me, you'll want to keep your VR headset on through the credits), I reloaded my last autosave and played through the ending a second time. And then I went back to the beginning of the game and started playing again.

I'm honestly thrilled for Valve. Great job, guys.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The game is amazing, although it's not anything revolutionary or genre-defining in my opinion. It's an amazing, great linear shooter.

You can feel the big budget. Shooting feels great. Headcrabs are fucking scary. Although VR is still not superbly perfect. For example, grabbing things feels clunky sometimes - but I'm playing on Oculus, so it's probably better on Index. Some things aren't interacting like you would thought they should - you can't break a bottle if you hold it and hit it with your pistol. Small details like that. But there are other small details that work great so it's all okay.

Great experience. Must have for VR users, but I bet everyone already has it :D