• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
I loved the game with all my heart. The only complaint I have is the performance I had with my gtx1080 TI, even with everything on low, at times it was a stuttering festival.

Are you using Oculus Tray Tool? If so have you enabled Super Sampling? If you have, I think it might conflict with the Steam VR equivalent setting and end up trying to render a combined enormous resolution... I think you need to disable either the Steam VR SS or the OTT SS, do not run both. Worth checking anyway as I know this catches people out.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I believe he said he played it, but while good didn't think it was incredible. May be misremembering though
I think I'll revisit it as I didn't give it a fair shake.

Basically, I felt as if the game made you stand still and either watch too long or engage in the ocean battle which wasn't much fun. I made it to the tavern and my patience was gone. Perhaps the intro stuff is more for those still new to VR, though.

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it starts slow. This game got nearly universal praise. I think it was highest rated PC VR title before Alyx smashed this record.
If not Asgard's Wrath, then perhaps Saints and Sinner would tickle your fancy? :)

Last edited:

Izunavis

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What's so bizarre to me is that, somehow, there are folks (not here) that think the video was 'sponsored' by Boneworks due to its inclusion. Like, holy shit, what is WRONG with people?! Can I please just talk about the things I want to talk about? I loved that game and never got a real chance to showcase what made it so interesting so this was a good chance.

Also, when sponsored content happens, it usually means we get to spend more time creating a video which is enjoyable from a creation standpoint and also means a really nice edit. God, this stuff has to stop.
You're absolutely right in how this has got to stop but unfortunately won't. As in any topic that has loyal followings, fanboyism really brings out the worst in communities. Even here can get crazy at times *cough*console wars*cough*. Anyway thanks for the vid. Really appreciate hearing your thoughts.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning on getting an Index and running a 1080 Ti/6700k. Hopefully it'll be a good experience but I don't know about hitting 120fps
I loved the game with all my heart. The only complaint I have is the performance I had with my gtx1080 TI, even with everything on low, at times it was a stuttering festival.
I am running a 6700K/1080ti combo, I could run 120fps but it was reprojecting every once in a while, so I dropped to 90fps and cranked all the settings to max and it has been almost perfect with like 1% reprojection over the course of an hour session.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Did you have it installed on a normal hdd? mines is on a NVmE SSD, 1080ti, Index, 6700k at 90fps at mostly ultra and it hits 10.5GB of vram quite regularly which might cause stuttering when loading from a normal hdd. My game was solid while looking stunning.

Mad_Titan86

Banned
Nov 4, 2019
I've been having the same issues. 1080ti, 1800x (stock), and 32 gigs of ram and using a Rift S. Installed on a m.2 drive with newest drivers and betas of Steam VR and version 15 of the oculus software.

Edit: Just adding that I have SS off on both Steam VR and oculus tool tray

Valcon

Oct 28, 2017
Chile
Well, after reinstalling windows 10, the stuttering seems to have disappeared! Later I will try at the last level, which is where I remember having more problems.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I am running a 6700K/1080ti combo, I could run 120fps but it was reprojecting every once in a while, so I dropped to 90fps and cranked all the settings to max and it has been almost perfect with like 1% reprojection over the course of an hour session.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!