• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's complicated about it? There are two steps, clearly indicated on their player frame in your party.
1. Retrieve Banner
2. Deliver Banner (or whatever, i can't remember the wording.)

A downed player can ping their own corpse for their team mate, and then once the teammate has retrieved their banner, ping the closest res station. I don't think it's a problem of complication.

Rezzing a player is usually go to body and press button. Pinging stuff and taking banners places? Ain't nobody got time for that.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
eQ8oSWX.gif
If they want team play, they should force it upon players. Until then I'm gonna soar like an eagle solo.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
You have to
survive a fight your teammate did not
Retrieve banner without dying
Get to respawn without dying
Wait for ship without dying

I'm surprised 50% can handle that. That's a lot

I'm at maybe 10 matches. One win. One kill total. Zero revives total.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I respawned teammates a couple of times.

I also just played an hour of Apex Legends and had 0 kills. I'm so damn awful at this game it's not even funny.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Clutch respawns are the best, especially if your team lives till the end. Almost feels as good as winning.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I've not played much, but never had the opportunity. Either I revive them before they bleed out or my team gets wiped before we have time to think about banners and res points and dropships or whatever.

I'm guessing a LOT of players are like me and have played <10 games. I just installed Apex to see what the fuss was about. It's a great game and I really hope its ideas (PING ALL THE THINGS!) make it into the wider world of co-op games, but I'm not a big battle royale fan - so I'll only play a couple of games a week if I need to kill some time.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually kind of surprised it's as high as 50%.

In randoms, respawns can be difficult. You have to win a team fight that's often at a disadvantage for one reason or another. Plus, lots of players tend to go solo even when it's not to anyone's benefit. I attribute to this to the lack of a solo mode, however.

In a premade squad however? Respawns can literally turn the game back in your favor. Easily my favorite mechanic in the game, and it's won me and my friends games by getting off a clutch revive at the end of a match.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Awful teammates all around, no one pings, wants to revive or stay around to be healed. Fuck them, it's a BR with two idiotic AI's with you.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Most of my teammates when solo queuing :

- Get downed
- Expect you to instantly rush to your death to help them up
- Swiftly disconnect if you don't

I expect the vast majority of those 50% come from actual squads that communicate