• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Just saw the trophy data on PSN and was was kinda surprised? I mean, I played the game so I kinda knew not wasn't going to be 100%, but it's still lower than I would have guessed!

Dz_TwW_WkAEjNNF.jpg

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am that half. I played one game and then quit.

... on my PS4. I've respawned many teammates on PC.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Curious to see the stats on how often that is because everyone just dies right away or if it's people being ass holes. Plus it's free so easy to give up pretty quick.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
The game is free to play, so there's gonna be a lot of people who downloaded the game, decided it's not their cup of tea, and then dropped it. Considering this, 50% isn't that bad. Also, this is just representative of Playstation.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I feel like they need to make it slightly less complicated and incentivize it so players are more likely to help a teammate respawn.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's a f2p game the percentages for a lot of these can probably tank just due to the ease of trying it once and then hopping off of it.

It's hard to get a concrete amount of what the percent there would end up representing, but that doesn't seem all that bad. Plus if you're newer/not very good it could be somewhat hard to even get in the situation to get to your teammates box, and then to a respawn beacon considering you'll usually have to kill whoever killed them.

Jan 10, 2018
Half of the players don't even seem to know how to revive a player. At least not when there's a good loot box in close proximity.

Hopefully they will add a character that transforms into a yellow loot box when wanting to be revived. It will be the best ability for sure.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they need to make it slightly less complicated and incentivize it so players are more likely to help a teammate respawn.
What's complicated about it? There are two steps, clearly indicated on their player frame in your party.
1. Retrieve Banner
2. Deliver Banner (or whatever, i can't remember the wording.)

A downed player can ping their own corpse for their team mate, and then once the teammate has retrieved their banner, ping the closest res station. I don't think it's a problem of complication.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
What's complicated about it? There are two steps, clearly indicated on their player frame in your party.
1. Retrieve Banner
2. Deliver Banner (or whatever, i can't remember the wording.)

A downed player can ping their own corpse for their team mate, and then once the teammate has retrieved their banner, ping the closest res station. I don't think it's a problem of complication.
Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. I meant, easier. I've tried multiple times to try and revive a teammate but get killed in the process.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
This data is not accurate at all. Anyone who has played the game for a decent time will respawn you if possible, haven't ran into any players not new at the game who did not at least attempt.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not all teammates deserve to be respawned
I suck but you don't have to be rude about it.
Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. I meant, easier. I've tried multiple times to try and revive a teammate but get killed in the process.
Gotcha. Strangely though, in all the times I've rezzed teammates, I don't know if I've ever actually been shot at while doing it. Maybe it's about picking your moment? When we're rezzing the fight is usually either over, or we pulled out of it to a removed, seemingly unoccupied station. The rez ship will draw attention from anyone nearby, but if I get rolled up on it's usually a bit later.
I've played about 100 games and haven't had the opportunity to respawn anyone yet
Your team is either super good or you're near as bad as I am and always die first.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's the risk vs. reward factor. I would've won my first ever match I played had I ignored reviving my downed teammate and just tried to kill the last player (I thought there were two enemies left but was mistaken). Some teams will be ruthless and use one downed player as bait or camp the revive station lol

With the flags I just haven't had the opportunity in many matches, but the few times I pulled that off I was lucky enough to be in the clear I guess.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
This probably correlates pretty evenly with a graph of players who quit out immediately after getting downed/dying.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I actually just got this achievement yesterday after playing since launch.

It really came down to either A) my team always dying together or B) one of my friends called in every revive. While that kind of circumstantial stuff probably doesn't explain 50% of the player base, it might be part of it.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i respawn people whenever possible and it still happens quite rarely.
if you are bad at the game you are most likely dying first

nothing surprising about those stats

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I suck but you don't have to be rude about it.

Gotcha. Strangely though, in all the times I've rezzed teammates, I don't know if I've ever actually been shot at while doing it. Maybe it's about picking your moment? When we're rezzing the fight is usually either over, or we pulled out of it to a removed, seemingly unoccupied station. The rez ship will draw attention from anyone nearby, but if I get rolled up on it's usually a bit later.

Your team is either super good or you're near as bad as I am and always die first.
It's the risk vs. reward factor. I would've won my first ever match I played had I ignored reviving my downed teammate and just tried to kill the last player (I thought there were two enemies left but was mistaken). Some teams will be ruthless and use one downed player as bait or camp the revive station lol

With the flags I just haven't had the opportunity in many matches, but the few times I pulled that off I was lucky enough to be in the clear I guess.

To be clear, reviving someone and respawning someone in this game are not the same thing, it is hard to tell which you guys are referring to here. Revives can be tough to pull off in the middle of the fight, but I don't think I have ever gotten killed respawning dead teammates.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
It's a free to play game.

I'd assume the vast majority of that 50% include people who downloaded it, tried it for a game or two, and uninstalled it.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be clear, reviving someone and respawning someone in this game are not the same thing, it is hard to tell which you guys are referring to here. Revives can be tough to pull off in the middle of the fight, but I don't think I have ever gotten killed respawning dead teammates.

Yeah I ended up referring to both because I wasn't sure either...but it's generally going to be a lot safer respawning someone, yes.

Though that reminds me in the last match I played I had a teammate run halfway across the map to try to get my flag before it expired (I was killed on the supply ship and fell), then just as they got near where I was they heard gunfire and turned around and ran, only to get gunned down around the corner they hid behind anyway lol

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I have two games, 0 kills and 1 win so far. I'm part of the problem I guess, despite my 50% win rate.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Nah, it's easy enough as is. The respawn process is just a twist to the single life BR experience, for balance it should never become something that happens with a flick of your fingers.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I mean. I tried once.

Was running to a respawn beacon with both of my squadmate's banners.

But I got gunned down before reaching it.

:(

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I probably did it on my 2nd match or so. Unless these people quit after like a match or two it's quite inexcusable tbh.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see this stat regarding players above level 10. You know, the folks who actually stuck around instead of dipping their toes and pulling back once they realized the water was wet.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Many people install and only play one game. Trophies are a bad metric for rating completion in f2p games.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I definitely made several good-faith attempts before I dropped the game. None were successful though, lol.

unAimed

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only played the tutorial. I play on my pc.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Having to suffer minutes long of nothingness (on top of the usual lack of action proper to br) only to hope a team mate will attempt to revive you is terrible design anyways.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right. Half of them likely haven't waited to be respawned either.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
At times it feels like the stars need to align before it is successful. You can say the process is simple and really it is but so much can go wrong. Bump into another team? Need to get out of the circle? Still enemies around and you need to weigh going for the banner vs survival vs killing the other team(s). I've delivered the banner of team mates but I've also died plenty holding the banner, attempting to retrieve the banner or even getting killed delivering the banner once the circle is small and the focus is in smaller area.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I go 100% Solo as soon as I can, so I know that I never haven't. Never play the objective, just try to have my own fun, that's what gaming is about.

But this applies to all multiplayers except of Sea Of Thieves.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that plays on PS4 this number sounds about right. A LOT of players don't really get the whole... "team" thing.

I'd be interested to see the "split off from the Jumpmaster as soon as they could and then died immediately because they're 3 miles away from their team and got surrounded" player count.