• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Porting and consolidating 5 engines within a single package (that's still falling apart, and is largely held together by bits of string and gum), and an extremely polarising entry are a given? I definitely see the possibility, but it's hardly an inevitability.

I mean that's not really how the engine works but alright. The new update fixed a metric shitload of things so there's that too. It's also technically already windows 10 ready since it's not like it's a different instruction set for Xbox to W10. They are both running the same OS underneath. One just is more locked down with a different face.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
So you waited for years due to rumors? LOL. That was your fault then.

As have others from many threads like this in the past. And they've been about as substantive as this one too - I recall the SteamDB leak years ago that was more indicative than this, plus MS has constantly been paying lip service to increasing PC support for years now, but still no show, so I'll believe it when I see it.

As it's been said in this thread it could just be because of the Halo 5 Forge on PC now, or maybe not, but still can only wait and see.

And there's no need to be pithy.

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
But isn't it currently on PC? I know it's only for customs and forge, but technically it isn't only on Xbox.

I might be wrong about this but technically the engine is yeah. Which is why it's not really crazy to think that they could port it to PC.

Unlike MCC which I would love, but would obviously take soooooo much more work to port it compared to 1 game whose engine you already have running on PC.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I might be wrong about this but technically the engine is yeah. Which is why it's not really crazy to think that they could port it to PC.

Unlike MCC which I would love, but would obviously take soooooo much more work to port it compared to 1 game whose engine you already have running on PC.
Well with MCC being updated to the latest SDK, it's safe to assume it's UWP. Now that does not nearly take away a lot of the dev effort, but it does help the prospects of a port coming to PC

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Well with MCC being updated to the latest SDK, it's safe to assume it's UWP. Now that does not nearly take away a lot of the dev effort, but it does help the prospects of a port coming to PC
I mean it really lessens it. Like to trivial levels. There's absolutely no difference between a Xbox One UWP and W10 UWP other then the dual layer of encryption on the Xbox one UWP.

Other then that the app should work perfectly fine on PC. People keep forgetting that the Xbox is running Windows 10, and it's literally just a PC. There's no porting effort needed. Devs have said it is really easy to put their games from PC to Xbox, it's meant to be the same the other way.

For MCC it runs it's own engine that loads the others all dynamically when the maps picked that's why it can run all of them in one package. The work needed to push that over to a PC system would also once again be small.

Nearly all of these games are debugged on a PC.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it really lessens it. Like to trivial levels. There's absolutely no difference between a Xbox One UWP and W10 UWP other then the dual layer of encryption on the Xbox one UWP.

Other then that the app should work perfectly fine on PC. People keep forgetting that the Xbox is running Windows 10, and it's literally just a PC. There's no porting effort needed. Devs have said it is really easy to put their games from PC to Xbox, it's meant to be the same the other way.
Well yeah, but some work still needs to be done (mostly controls, options and etc). however like you said, makes it A LOT easier.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

idk they have been pretty consistent in their wording at Console Exclusive also means coming to PC.

Could just be whatever that the current MS template being used for the X signifiers doesn't have a full exclusive listing since, going forward, there won't be anymore of them.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No denials by Stinkles

Confirmed coming to pc

The only version of Halo 5 for PC, is the free to play "Ausar" multiplayer component (supports custom games, controller and mouse/kb and Forge tools - and we have no further plans to expand on that for the foreseeable future). The Halo 5 team is growing and working at full speed ahead on Halo Infinite. I have no idea why the box art logos changed but I will ask a grown-up in the morning.

Sorry brehs.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
The only version of Halo 5 for PC, is the free to play "Ausar" multiplayer component (supports custom games, controller and mouse/kb and Forge tools - and we have no further plans to expand on that for the foreseeable future). The Halo 5 team is growing and working at full speed ahead on Halo Infinite. I have no idea why the box art logos changed but I will ask a grown-up in the morning.

Sorry brehs.
Thanks for the clarification!

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry brehs.

Lol I summoned him

Thanks stinkles

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry brehs.

Knew not to get my hopes up; still the lack of mainline Halo titles on PC is beyond baffling at this point.