• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man he did some fantastic work. Hopefully he keeps making some tracks for future Halo titles. And... hopefully Marty is back full-time.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He was fantastic but I have to think Marty is returning now

Seems as though the halo 5 soundtrack has been pulled from both youtube music and google play music. Anybody on Spotify or Apple Music seeing the same?

Apple Music here and it's gone. Was just there yesterday. Hope they find a way to bring it back...it's not even available for purchase on iTunes

Last edited:

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
His work on 4 and 5 were pretty solid. Perfect opportunity to bring back Marty now though

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked his work on the series, so it sucks to see him go. I guess it doesn't actually prevent him from future involvement though. Regardless, best of luck to him.

And now, my question is... I wonder if Marty is going to return now.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"117" from Halo 4 was definitely his main contributor. It was practically the new theme of the Reclaimer trilogy at the time and stands out the most from all of the tracks. Despite this, it was mostly Neil Davidage that did most of Halo 4's soundtrack that really took the tone of the series into a new direction. However, what Jinnouchi did with Halo 5 was take what Davidage did, and bring some classic Halo back. This track in particular, a combination of both his "117" theme and the classic Halo theme, is pretty top tier.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
As a composer, leaving an inhouse studio composer job to be a freelancer propably means he REALLY wanted that change of scenery, because it's pretty hard to make it out there as freelancer amongst all the established names.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I swear if Marty's back I'm gonna start hyperventilating.

Kazuma Jinnouchi did a great job with 4 and 5. Really talented composer, and I look forward to what's next.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Ske7ch has confirmed that he completed the Halo Infinite soundtrack already.

Trying to find a source.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds amazing. But damn why do I remember literally zero tracks of any Halo soundtrack after ODST?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I didn't like any song from 4 or 5 so I'm curious if they get Marty for 6.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Apparently Ske7ch has confirmed that he completed the Halo Infinite soundtrack already.

Trying to find a source.

There ya go, but things can change... It doesn't necessarily say he finished it, just that he has done work on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...aten_and_jen/e1epy2n/?sh=ce0604a3&st=JJKMDTA9

"Kaz did awesome work on the Halo Infinite score and is still here as composer at 343. Marty is not working on Halo or with 343 in any capacity to my knowledge. As far as I know, Marty and his studio Highwire Games are working on "Golem" for PS4."

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Let the Marty rampant speculation and rumors begin. That being said, I don't think it's gonna happen :c

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
There ya go, but things can change... It doesn't necessarily say he finished it, just that he has done work on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...aten_and_jen/e1epy2n/?sh=ce0604a3&st=JJKMDTA9

"Kaz did awesome work on the Halo Infinite score and is still here as composer at 343. Marty is not working on Halo or with 343 in any capacity to my knowledge. As far as I know, Marty and his studio Highwire Games are working on "Golem" for PS4."

"did awesome work" Does not mean "he did the entire soundtrack and finished it"

He could have done the whole thing, and finished it, but we don't have that information.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Let the Paul McCartney rumors begin!

Seriously though, good luck on his future endeavours.

I loved the music direction that H4 and 5 took.

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
He did a great job following in Marty's footsteps, which was no easy task. Hope for the best in his future endeavors. Now bring Marty in to do what he does. Make me have all the feels Marty!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved all his work.

Also, Halo 5 music definitely disappeared from everywhere. Stinkles , save us.

As odd as all this sounds it's literally all coincidence and not a single theory out there is correct, unless the theory is:

A weird licensing/publishing thing caused digital versions of H5 to temporarily disappear and is being fixed but by that vendor not us. Affected other properties too.

Kaz is amazing and beloved and we're still going to be seeing him even as he embarks on this new adventure.

Marty is amazing and isn't working with us because he continues to be one of the bosses of a VR company working on something cool that I can't wait to play properly.

We have nothing to announce regarding music at this time- although obviously internally we know what we're up to and Halo Infinite will continue the Halo legacy of stirring orchestral themes and scoring you'd expect from a big game.

My plan for 100% Strongbad Techno was rejected. At least for the moment. But I'm not giving up on it yet.

And a few of my favorites for old times sake including my favorite take on a Marty theme and maybe the most cheese-who-cares-bombastic hype inducing piece of music forever.

I wasted to name this track, "flawless cowboy " but acceded to a good argument.

Last edited:

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
As odd as all this sounds it's literally all coincidence and not a single theory out there is correct, unless the theory is:

A weird licensing/publishing thing caused digital versions of H5 to temporarily disappear and is being fixed but by that vendor not us. Affected other properties too.

Kaz is amazing and beloved and we're still going to be seeing him even as he embarks on this new adventure.

Marty is amazing and isn't working with us because he continues to be one of the bosses of a VR company working on something cool that I can't wait to play properly.

We have nothing to announce regarding music at this time- although obviously internally we know what we're up to and Halo Olympus will continue the Halo legacy of stirring orchestral themes and scoring you'd expect from a big game.

My plan for 100% Strongbad Techno was rejected. At least for the moment. But I'm not giving up on it yet.

Stinkles always breaking hearts.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How sad, proud and double proud of Kaz I am. In musical form. Even if it's just by association: (like dis if u cry evry tiem)

Hold onto yer butts at about 40 seconds.