• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Now in video form

Mod edit:

Highlights from enzo_gt
- Next flight will have 4v4 PvP and BTB, have all of the same content as the first flight as well, and be open to even more people
- Split-screen is Day 1 on Xbox devices, will be explored on PC post-launch
- Acknowledge co-op and Forge are fundamental to the Halo experience
- Co-op will come in Season 2 (~3 months), Forge will come out in Season 2 (~6 months after launch), #1 priority is meeting quality and stability across all platforms, many technical complexities with Forge, for example
- Still working out details of the specific release day, but absolutely releasing this Holiday, will know release date soon
- Insiders will get an opportunity to get hands on Forge in an upcoming flight
- Talked about delaying the game again, made the decision that it's a live game and wanted to get it out and continue to evolve the game from there
- Current state of development is shutdown/polish period, focus is on reviewing, bugfixing
- More campaign gameplay to come after shutdown mode is over, where they will shift focus to more gameplay capture
- Craig's new hair looks fantastic, allegedly

Last edited by a moderator:

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eh... 24th I guess for that juicy trailer and release date release.

Don't you dare not release this as a full package, 343.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Co-op expected to be added 3 months after launch, Forge 6 months after launch.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but launching a Halo game without campaign co-op is fucking insane to me.

What the fuck?

javycane

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
1 year delay and they cant deliver a full package. Im sorry but there is no way to spin this even with the Covid ordeal and stuff.

This game was launching in 2020!!!!!!!

Oct 26, 2017
No co-op at launch? Seriously?

SERIOUSLY? I'd prefer a delay than that. Now I'm mad.

I beat every MCC game (and Halo Wars!) with a friend preparing for this. That's bullshit.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Next flight will have 4v4 PvP and BTB, have all of the same content as the first flight as well, and be open to even m ore people (about 8 mins in).

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot get over how much of an unfinished mess this game still is after all this time, it's completely unacceptable that they are shipping key day one features months later after 6 years and a 12 month delay. Just pathetic.

Zep

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
And on the Xbox they were running a vote on what part people were most excited for multiplayer or campaign with 70% of the vote for campaign.

This is a major L for them.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's hard for me to be excited about this game when, just like Halo 5, it's missing stuff that's typically there at launch in a Halo game.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There hasn't been much to get excited about the campaign yet anyway. Those features like co-op will come when they get it ready.

Now this Halo Infinite Multiplayer though......👀

Forge not at launch sounds like how Halo 5 was right? Or am I just thinking about BTB.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Yeah, no. Forge--whatever, that's okay. But no co-op for three months? Just delay the god damned campaign.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
How fucking awful has development been if there's NO co-op at launch? No local I could maaaaybe get while they iron out performance, but even then they repeatedly stated their renewed commitment to local after the H5 blowback, so this in theory should have always been a top priority based on their own statements.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign co-op planned for season 2 (3 months) and Forge is planned for season 3 (6 months).

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot get over how much of an unfinished mess this game still is after all this time, it's completely unacceptable that they are shipping key day one features months later after 6 years and a 12 month delay. Just pathetic.

Key features for just their games, no other game nowadays launches with what Halo has in the past.