• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Some great new campaign gameplay footage in this one...

Seriously just puts IGN footage to shame.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
People really can't not compare games with BotW, can they? Lmao.

Glad to hear impressions are positive though. The extra year turns out to be a very smart move.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
So I went all out for XboxEra:

Here's my preview, all in 4K.

BUT! I know fans want LOTS of footage. So I obliged.

There's a 4th video, but I can only post 4 in one post. Enjoy!

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Halo Infinite Campaign Hands on Preview & Exclusive Information- Spoiler Free Impressions

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
Looks absolutely fucking amazing.

Do we know how many levels there are in the game? 4 levels in and it's been pretty standard Zeta Halo vegetation and tight corridors. Hoping there are levels in the game that live outside those two environment types.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Giant Bomb's preview:

30 minutes of prerecorded footage from the first few missions in the campaign.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
They're being real coy about the middle-endgame, predicting some real hot mess to happen

the achievements don't hint at there being too much more than banished to fight but I'm sure 343 has something funky up their sleeve

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Hmm honestly from what I've seen in these gameplay previews (both in game and cutscenes), the game is looking really really good. DF will have their concerns, and I hope they're addressed, but I'm not seeing anything alarming at this point. The textures and lighting are superb.
Textures yes, lighting sadly no. I am waiting tho till release to actuaoly critique the game fully.

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
They're being real coy about the middle-endgame, predicting some real hot mess to happen

the achievements don't hint at there being too much more than banished to fight but I'm sure 343 has something funky up their sleeve

Yeah I'm noticing that too. At this point I don't think we even know how many levels there are and none of the trailers even contain anything past the first 3 levels. This marketing is very unlike previous Halo games where the trailers would contains snippets of cut scenes from several levels throughout the campaign.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Seems like going open world has its pros and cons. Personally I'm fine with that so I'm excited.

Visually the game looks good but it still looks notably last gen imo.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Hmm honestly from what I've seen in these gameplay previews (both in game and cutscenes), the game is looking really really good. DF will have their concerns, and I hope they're addressed, but I'm not seeing anything alarming at this point. The textures and lighting are superb.
Lighting doesn't look superb at all, especially in the open world segments
It looks better in the inside levels tho, at least from early footage I've seen

The game doesn't look bad, it just looks like (using the words from VG247 preview) "a glorified Xbox One game". But I think its time to move on from all this tech talk and start looking at how good the gameplay is, I'm really excited about all the praise about enemy AI and grapplehook :)

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
Textures yes, lighting sadly no. I am waiting tho till release to actuaoly critique the game fully.

I hear you, and I'm really looking forward to your video. Personally love your deep dives. But I guess if there are problems I can't catch during these previews, chances are I won't catch them when I'm actually playing the game unless I'm really looking for them.

On a side note, I think that's one of the difficulties of reconciling the graphics-whore in me with the me when I'm actually playing a video game. We're at this point in graphical fidelity and image quality, that I just don't see the things you guys see unless I change my play style to specifically find those problems. And I say this totally acknowledging that perhaps I'm not the most discerning person when it comes to like, the difference between DLSS (when it's off vs on) or a 5% dip in FPS or some AA edge counting.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, it looks so awesome.

It really looks like 343 added the fun back into the campaign, something Bungie was so great at, especially when it comes to enemies and physics.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Just the idea that I'm able to explore a fucking Halo ring with much less restrictions makes me wet.

I always wanted a Halo rpg set on one of the rings or shield world. I guess this is as close as it can get

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
On a positive note, some of the views of the scenery stretched out for miles at 4k looks jaw dropping.

But…despite the open world approach it just doesn't seem to be doing anything new. We're still in the same evironment and fighting the same three or four enemy types we were twenty years ago, and that's the very last thing I wanted from the series. The limited biome and open world structure also means we're probably not going to get many set pieces and I've yet to see an epic vehicle battle.

For all the hate Halo 5 got for its too short campaign and terrible story, it at least felt like it was trying something different. New movement options, new characters, new environments, new enemies and vehicles. That's what I wanted to play more of just with a less shit story. Not "The Silent Cartographer the game". I've played The Silent Cartographer for decades and well over 100 times. I'm bored of it.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
What's with the BOTW comparison?
Both are series that were linear, that are now open world, and focus extremely heavily on emergent gameplay moments due to the sandbox of tools available.

For all the hate Halo 5 got for its too short campaign and terrible story, it at least felt like it was trying something different. New movement options, new characters, new environments, new enemies and vehicles. That's what I wanted to play more of just with a less shit story. Not "The Silent Cartographer the game". I've played The Silent Cartographer for decades and well over 100 times. I'm bored of it.
I don't really get this post as Infinite also has tons of new movement options, new characters, new environments, and new enemy species (Skimmers/Harbinger).

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

Wondering if anyone showed a nice easter egg I found. There's a cave with a (non playable) Halo Infinite arcade machine and 8-bit soundtrack, where you can pick up a pretty powerful weapon.

xaD356c.png

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
They're protecting the story

yeah I get that, but I'm just comparing how 343 generally went about things in the lead up to release for halo 4 and 5 to how they're handling infinite.

and unless the multiplayer beta is withholding some achievements from the full release, they even went so far as to keep the endgame hint free.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Two boss fights from IGN:

Looks much better than their previous footage. Really hectic.