• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
feel like the OT is being washed w BP progression so i wanted a more dedicated controller settings thread • anyone find settings that are as close as possible to COD-level precision?

in general it feels a loooooot better than the flight did on one X. not sure if due to frame pacing being fixed but i really found the flight unenjoyable while this feels p buttery now.

found going down to about 3.5 for the deadzones has helped a lot while zeroed out my character slides on his own w the absolute slightest input (like literally just having my thumbs on the stick)

look acceleration to 1 has kinda helped too but i'm down to tinker w them more if anyone has found something better

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I bumped up x and y axis speeds to max.

I've experimented with look acceleration, but I ended up keeping default.

I can't figure out the weapon zoom multiplier and speed, but haven't figured that one out yet.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I dropped the deadzones to 0 and aiming feels perfect. Needed to up that to 1 on one of my other controllers that has a bit of drift though

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
max out acceleration and drop 4 deadzone settings to 0. that should help a lot for aiming.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I've always used default settings in COD and did fine overall, Halo i had to tweak stuff, default settings felt bad.

What I'm currently liking is all thresholds/deadzones at 0 EXCEPT center deadzones, i think those vary by controller but mine are not at 0. Look acceleration at 5, vertical/horizontal sensitivity 3.5. (I started at 3 to get used to it, started to feel sluggish so bumped to 3.5, might tweak further later)

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Always do recon and just starting mapping jumping, sprinting and firing to my back paddles on my elite.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I miss when all I had to do was set up sensitivity to 6-7 on most games and I would aim just fine, now I need a degree to know what the heck I'm supposed to do.

Oct 17, 2018
Interested in this thread. These are my current settings, but they're not perfect, still feels off.
O3ebgnl.png

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Just played it for the first time and the default sensitivity settings feels really off. Gonna have to tinker around.

fetus8

May 21, 2018
Colorado
Dumb question but does PC version of this support an Xbox Series controller natively? i had one connected via Bluetooth and infinite wasn't acknowledging input from it…

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
Imagine if they could just make a competently controlled game instead of trying to offload the blame of the inexcusably bad state of the controls onto players.

The problem isn't us not being smart enough to figure out the right combo of bs to make it not feel like shit.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Imagine if they could just make a competently controlled game instead of trying to offload the blame of the inexcusably bad state of the controls onto players.

The problem isn't us not being smart enough to figure out the right combo of bs to make it not feel like shit.
That's what made me quit Overwatch, every single person on the forum was telling them how bad aiming felt on console so the solution now is "well you figure it out". I know it is amazing for the people who are really into labbing things and the like but for casuals like it is is a nightmare.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
I drop all dead zones and thresholds to 0 but I leave the look thumbstick max input threshold at default (10.0) to stop slow turn. I bump look acceleration to 5.

I play on bumper jumper but with some specific buttons changed as I use a controller with paddles. That feels good for me. The rest is default.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
You can tweak all you want but the core aiming still feels bad imo. They need to fix this.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017

There will always be a variation of people who disagree about what feels good for default settings. Providing plenty of options is always the best case situation.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
there's very, very little aim assist so it's always gonna feels off compared to your average console shooter.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
I find that often people who complain about controls are really just asking for cod super levels of aim assist.
There's a difference between asking for aim assist and bullet magnetism, and demanding that the devs meet the barest of standards for the industry that are supposedly trying to lead.

This may be excusable for a solo indie dev, not the money, talent and resource sink of a platform holder. Did the 1000 person market research think tanks decide it wasn't a priority? Most likely.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been someone who reduces sensitivity on controller and Infinite is no different. Like another poster above I also have gone with 3.5 for both vertical and horizontal.

The aiming feels super crisp to me so shocked to see people complaining.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between asking for aim assist and bullet magnetism, and demanding that the devs meet the barest of standards for the industry that are supposedly trying to lead.
I'll just say you are entitled to your opinion and I disagree strongly. I'll leave it at that since I don't think we share much common ground on opinion for discussion.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I'm glad you made this thread. Default aiming felt too fast yet too slow at the same time somehow and i didn't know what to change. gonna try some of these settings for sure

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
So I have acceleration turned all the way up and I like where I'm at, but can anyone refresh on what exactly look acceleration is?

I haven't experimented with that low yet, does that make looking/turning feel pretty slow?

I guess it depends on what you're used to. I'm sure it's slow to a lot of people but i've always preferred a slower sensitivity and with something like Halo, especially fights at mid-long range, that sensitivity helps me a ton in landing that final shot needed to kill the opponent.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I miss the days when Halo felt great on controller out of the box and all I needed to do was pick a single number between 1 and 10 for sensitivity.

Infinite feels pretty... weird at best on PC controller and I feel like I need to read a rocket science manual to fix it lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using gyro aim, all I did was quickly change the stick sensitivity and accel and it seems to work ok for me. What I really need is an option to lock the hud to controller prompts.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If you are playing on steam... TURN OFF STEAM INPUT.

I was going insane. I tried 3 controllers and all 3 had the same drift/weird accel problem. As soon as I turned off steam input everything worked, autoaim inclued.

It also changes how mouse works and feels. Really, it should be off by default.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I use this, except I kept my deadzones lower, because my controller doesn't drift as much as his, think I left it at 2 for all deadzones for me

youtu.be

Halo Infinite Ultimate controller settings guide

Hi everyone, In this Halo infinite video, I show you how to set up your deadzones, your input thresholds and look acceleration. How to get it perfect so that...

As for controller inputs, I changed it all. Aim with lb, jump with lz, shoot with rb, melee with rz

Slide with R3.

Trying to do as many of the most important actions without leaving my sticks. No paddles, so unfortunately grenades and equipment are tied to buttons

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Appreciate the tips in here, gonna try these out tonight.

I didn't find aiming AWFUL yesterday but I was definitely playing a bit sloppy. Figured it was just New Game Nerves but eh, can't hurt to adjust some settings

Oct 27, 2017
If you are playing on steam... TURN OFF STEAM INPUT.

I was going insane. I tried 3 controllers and all 3 had the same drift/weird accel problem. As soon as I turned off steam input everything worked, autoaim inclued.

It also changes how mouse works and feels. Really, it should be off by default.
ok i just "did this" i think i now my controller doesnt work... thing is i did this with destiny 2 and the controller worked perfect after that...

i went in to big picture mode and went to manage game settings and forced off globe steam input???

how do you do it?

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
ok i just "did this" i think i now my controller doesnt work... thing is i did this with destiny 2 and the controller worked perfect after that...

i went in to big picture mode and went to manage game settings and forced off globe steam input???

how do you do it?
You don't need to turn it off globally or via big picture.

Just right click on halo on steam library, properties, controller and select "disable steam input" from the drop down menu.

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a setting that makes moving up/down and left/right the same speed. It just feels weird to me that they are different even with same sens.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Dumb question but does PC version of this support an Xbox Series controller natively? i had one connected via Bluetooth and infinite wasn't acknowledging input from it…
My Xbox One Gen2 controller and Xbox Series X controller work great via Bluetooth. Get the Xbox Accessories app and make sure the firmware is up to date. Also be aware that there is a pair select feature... double-tap the sync button to switch between two different paired devices.