• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reach intro has overall quite similar moment when Noble Six puts his/her helmet on. Of course it is on a Warthog but still.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Alive with Excitement. A living, breathing world ripe for exploration and endless gameplay possibilities."

That certainly sounds like an open world game, but we'll see. Could just be PR fluffing up the new engine.
I can see myself describing a game as having "living, breathing world" even if it has just levels, if the levels feel like that.

Needs more alien animals tho, felt too much like earth
We need blind wolves!

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
The feel of this game from the trailer was unfamiliar...in a good way. It's great to see Microsoft giving 343 potentially 5 years to freshen Halo up and attempt to make it cutting edge again.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
Could they be making a good halo again? Not getting my hopes up but I'll keep an eye on this one.

If available on PC I might be coming back to Halo finally.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
A game set on a fully explorable recreation of installation 04 where you get to revisit the Silent Cartographer and other levels from CE would be something special.

I could not be more excited for this game, but the art style changes better not include the return of the space diaper.

Oh I thought you were knowingly referring to that!

At the end of the first game, of course Chief takes off his helmet just out of frame, so you can see him set it beside him but can't see his face. But behind the scenes, since you never see his face, there was no reason to put in the work to create a new head. So he just takes another helmet off his helmet and nobody knows.

Until modders froze the camera to watch, hoping to see his face.
Turns out that's his face. Haha

Hahha that's awesome, I replayed Halo CE on the MCC but that scene didn't stick on my mind. It would be great if they did it again as a nod to that discovery

pwnsweet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You all have so many questions for the same reason I have - no gameplay was shown. I'm so sick of all these cinematic trailers. Show gameplay or nothing at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
This definitely feels like the goal is to replicate the feeling of playing Halo CE back in 2001, now. That is, not going back to CE itself, this'll be something new for the franchise overall, but will provide the same sort of sensations diving into CE did with no prior expectations of years of sequels and familiarity. Like how BotW reimagined the idea of first experiening the original Zelda while not being a remake of it and still being wholly fresh.

Sounds good.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting it on PC

CpL9Ywn.jpg

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
A game set on a fully explorable recreation of installation 04 where you get to revisit the Silent Cartographer and other levels from CE would be something special.

I could not be more excited for this game, but the art style changes better not include the return of the space diaper.

It's for when us Halo fans shit ourselves from excitement. The space diaper is dead...long live the space diaper.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Nothing out of place seen with BF2 tesselation and you can easily see it having LOD at the last shot. The base Xbox one definitely won't look like that but the X will definitely be taken full advantage as all first party games have. PG stated that FH4 used the X as the main development and no different with other games. You are just seeing games fully utilizing the X then the enhanced games we seen so far.

Let's wait until it releases to see
Man you really should adjust your expectations with the OneX. What they showed was a nice tech demo running on PC.

And battlefront 2 does have some very terrible popin and low LoD Settings on OneX.

Dont have to wait until Release.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Halo: Infinite... Halo Infinite... Halo In Finite... Halo in Fortnite. Halo battle royale I guess.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda dropping the info that Starfield will be a next-gen title has me thinking that the next gen isn't all that far off. So the idea that Infinite could be a launch title for the next Xbox is sounding very possible.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see people saying this, but I am personally fond of Reach's art style. Out of curiosity, what Marine design in the series do you think are the best?
1.Halo Wars(was a great fusion of CE&2)
HW_-_Sergeant_Forge.jpg

latest

2. CE Marines
latest

3. Halo 3 Marines
latest

4. Halo 2 Marines

Halo Reach onwards Marine design sucks imo.

Last edited:

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
I really feel like this is an engine for a series compilation and also customization and forge

I don't think this is really a new sp halo game alone but I may be wrong

To bring all halo titles and different gameplay under one roof and one next generation engine and on pc also that is the dream

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Man you really should adjust your expectations with the OneX. What they showed was a nice tech demo running on PC.

And battlefront 2 does have some very terrible popin and low LoD Settings on OneX.

Dont have to wait until Release.

Again baseless speculation with nothing to back you up. Do you question every game like this? Or just MS titles?

Gears 5 and FH4 are equally as impressive shown and running on the X. Actually I think FH4 is looking better to me

Either way this game is going to be graphically top quality seen on consoles no matter if LOD is changed cause that won't change how amazing the graphics will be

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Stinkles why was there only one boss in Halo 5 and why did you make me fight it 500 times?

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I really feel like this is an engine for a series compilation and also customization and forge

I don't think this is really a new sp halo game alone but I may be wrong

To bring all halo titles and different gameplay under one roof and one next generation engine and on pc also that is the dream

Except they've gone on record to say this is the continuation/sequel to Halo 5. Even this trailer has heaps of nods to it being after.

Though I'd love to see Halo 3 remake in this engine.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Hmmm, what if there was a main Chief campaign and then a Destiny-like post game? Start as a Spartan Whatever (what number are they on now?) and get better gear as you are sent on more difficult missions? Halo 5 did have all kinds of variations of Halo weapons and vehicles. And there is a lot of Halo gear that's already designed. Would be a neat idea.

Oct 25, 2017
The great thing about being me is that I can be mildly personally insulted by every single Halo sequel complaint.
Sorry, I just love that CE design so much
latest

the further it got I dislike.
It was always such a unique design imo, like some scifi samurai armor.

My issue with the further Marines from Reach onwards is how big bulky armored they are,
loses a bit of their grunt nature and kinda takes away from the ODSTs(my favorite Halo designs) a bit as well.

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
I first played Halo in 2002 when my brother got the original Xbox for Christmas. I was 7 years old and I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Today, 16 years later, I am an avid gamer waiting anxiously for this new Halo. The trailer had me giggling like a stupid mindless kid and I could not be happier. I don't even consider myself to be very deep in the gaming culture but boy did the nostalgia hit me. Opening up that shiny Halo 2 Collectors Edition and playing a mission on space. Good times. This trailer gave me those same exact vibes.

Well done 343. Keep up the good work. You deserve it!

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Too many questions, not enough answers. But Chief armor and Halo music is a good first step.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You folks do know Reach marines (actually army soldiers but close enough) are basically re-imagined Halo CE marines with then-modern graphics fidelity?

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 1 armor now kinda looks like there's one guy that welds the UNSC armor together on-ship and he's the guy you can trust to get it done but he only works on Thursdays and every other Tuesday

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I first played Halo in 2002 when my brother got the original Xbox for Christmas. I was 7 years old and I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Today, 16 years later, I am an avid gamer waiting anxiously for this new Halo. The trailer had me giggling like a stupid mindless kid and I could not be happier. I don't even consider myself to be very deep in the gaming culture but boy did the nostalgia hit me. Opening up that shiny Halo 2 Collectors Edition and playing a mission on space. Good times. This trailer gave me those same exact vibes.

Well done 343. Keep up the good work. You deserve it!

I believe cough I was also cough seven or cough eight cough years old

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Stinkles any chance we'll get some updates on the water in the Waypoint Bulletins?