• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering it is engine demo mostly, i wouldn't read too much into it.
The Chief downloading Cortana is rather iconic shot in many Halos, i'd say the shot here is mostly homage probably. I mean Halo, the Forerunner towers, Warthogs and Marines, classic armor... all classic things, AI download is yet another similar thing.

I disagree. It looks very intentional to me :-)

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited we are getting a new Halo and it's about Master Chief but I don't know how I am going to react to the open world aspect. I really enjoy the story driven and tighter experience of the traditional Halos. I'm not saying that I'm not open to change but I don't know how I am going to react to this game. I hope I enjoy it and it doesn't push my interest in Halo away. This is a game I will be watching very closely.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. It looks very intentional to me :-)
I'll remind you that many Halo early trailers ended up being very different from retail games (Halo CE, Halo 2, Reach's intro was changed heavily, and Halo 5 marketing painted different picture, Halo Wars changed quite a bit as well). This game is still years away perhaps.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised they didn't even give this a generic 2019 date. This fall will mark 3 years since 343 last shipped a game, and if they don't hit fall 2019 that would be 4 years. That's a shockingly long time for a Microsoft studio to take on a game that isn't a new IP.

I still feel like Halo has untapped potential, so I'm eager to see how this looks and plays.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. Wasn't sure if they were doing this & 6
It's been said in this thread few times. The source, which i don't have handy, is a 343i blog post or some such where they note this.

Also, the trailer contains date, 27.5.2560, indicating it is two years after Halo 5, in case you missed that.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Thank god this is dropping on PC but damn if I aint mad that PC user will only get Infinite and know fuck all of whats happening. Praying for an MCC port but this game seems to have the aesthetics of the original Halo games, especially when looking at Chief's helmet. Hopefully this is a return to form even though I liked Halo 5's gameplay from the little time I had with it.

Hopefully 343 can reinvent the games and go back to their roots + innovate so we can have a return to form quality-wise. Microsoft did real well, the industry needs competition, it breeds innovation.

Jun 10, 2018
I wonder if we'll see more at GamesCom 2018? Hopeful, been waiting for Halo 6 (now called Infinite) for a while now. I am doubtful that it releases in 2019 though, I at least hope for a MP Beta next year.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Wow nice to hear that Halo 3 theme again. An open world Halo game set on a Halo ring is my dream. The ringworld setting alone is more than enough to get me pumped.

Day one no matter what.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ dude, the point is that the Arbiter was a bad guy and then went good, and therefore Cortana could easily go good->bad->good. Don't be so obtuse. This isn't as hard as you want to make it.
That'd be some really stupid shit, do all that set up to have Cortana be the big bad and just throw it away?
Then what? Have a Brute set up in an RTS game be the main villain?

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was very clearly real time stuff. I doubt the final game will look that good if they are going for large environments like the demo suggests, but this was nowhere near the realm of CG.

Also developers have started to make their games and engines scale to new consoles with the Pro and X being the catalyst.

There is no doubt Halo Infinite will be on Scarlet given Microsoft's dedication to backwards compatibility and I am sure they are taking advantage of that for the Slipspace engine.

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be some really stupid shit, do all that set up to have Cortana be the big bad and just throw it away?
Then what? Have a Brute set up in an RTS game be the main villain?

No idea, but there is no way that Cortana will be a villain forever. If she's not back to normal and reunited with the Chief in Infinite, then that shot was a huge fake out, and I just don't believe 343 would do that (again, after faking Cortana's death in Halo 4).

Mar 26, 2018
I mean up close the visuals seem ok, but when things start moving like the Rhinos it starts to look really really strange. The motion and movement of the warthog also looks really strange which just brings me back to what 343 is

not so good at art direction and still no where near the basic movement and game play of the past games. I am not expecting much from this title.

Jan 4, 2018
Jesus Christ dude, the point is that the Arbiter was a bad guy and then went good, and therefore Cortana could easily go good->bad->good. Don't be so obtuse. This isn't as hard as you want to make it.

Man, I really wish they'd just left Cortana dead at the end of Halo 4. Bringing her back just to be a villain was disappointing to me because I thought her death was a bold move that got reversed. Having her go back to being good after making her the villain would just be a continuation of that, imo.

Oct 28, 2017
This is clearly an open world game. It's Microsoft monetizing the Halo franchise by trying to turn it into a Destiny style loot simulating hamster wheel of doom. Mark my words, the barbarians are at the gates of our wallets! We let them in!

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So just how far along is this? I thought they would be 2 and bit years at least?

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying this like forever, they needed a new engine and they finally created one. Thank goodness someone at 343i decided to put in the effort and Halo Infinite looks gorgeous.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the game looks absolutely stunning. The open area toward the end of the video definitely gave me a Halo 1 vibe, which is making me super excited.
Pretty happy to see that it's coming to PC too. I might have to finish Halo 4 now, I tried playing it back when it came out but I was too used to mouse and keyboard to play a FPS on a controller.