• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Bethesda dropping the info that Starfield will be a next-gen title has me thinking that the next gen isn't all that far off. So the idea that Infinite could be a launch title for the next Xbox is sounding very possible.

Thinking the same. Phil talked about next gen consoles as well. I think next consoles are late 2019-early 2020.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I do love how the Infinite trailer eventually lead to the series' art books coming off my shelves as folk were trying to educate each other on the differing art styles.

People are very conflicted about space diapers.

Last edited:

Computermau5

Oct 27, 2017
My God, the art style and the music... That sense of mystery and wonder is back. I've been waiting so long for this kind of feeling from a Halo game again, can't wait to play this on my PC. I think I annoyed the shit out of my friends on Discord for how hyped I was and still am :P

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Halo was a really important game to me when it came out. I think I was 15 maybe? As much as I enjoyed the sequels I played, none of them came close to capturing the emotions of the original. I don't want to get too excited over just an engine demo, but the implications here are totally wild. Right now its that beautiful moment where anything you can imagine might be true.. something about this really captured the feeling of the original game.

Halo has had previews that seem to imply vast openness before that was never capitalized on, IMO. I sure hope this is it. The teenage fanboy inside me that died long ago is stirring tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing the Halo fanbase is so open to changes big and small. You really lucked out.
Honestly the only reason I commented on the marine armor is because I didn't notice it until after seeing the Spartan armor that personally looked a lot better than it recently has but then seeing the marines looking like Reach onwards disappointed me a bit.

The only thing I legitimately dump on constantly with Halo is what happened with Buck and the ODST squad.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Wait on 343's new website they said its a next gen engine. Has Frankie confirmed this Halo is for Xbox one?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This has me very excited for gameplay. Maybe we will see it at The Game Awards later this year? Would be a bummer if we had to wait for the next E3.

Oct 25, 2017
A radical development shift was needed to keep Halo relevant and hopefully Halo Sixfinite brings that to the table. For the love of God, wrap up the forerunner storyline.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
The great thing about being me is that I can be mildly personally insulted by every single Halo sequel complaint.
As someone who was let down by the series in recent years. I will say the commitment to Halo Wars 2, fixing MCC, X enhancements for all of the titles, and now Infinite have me the most excited I've been for the franchise in years. Seeing that classic helmet today was fantastic.

Hoping to hop in a later flight of MCC. Really hoping it gets fully fixed and for a PC announcement in the near future. I think 343 had some struggles in the past but the studio seems to be firing on all cylinders now. Especially considering that being asked to take over the biggest franchise on Xbox is no small task.

Respect for sticking with it. Excited for what's next. Best of luck to you and the crew.

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys

Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo ODST (4)
Halo Reach (5)
Halo 4 (6)
Halo 5 (7)

Halo 6 (8)

turn 8 on it's side

Halo ∞

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if it was open world, considering MS's prior statement that split screen would return for future titles after 5. I wonder how they would handle it? You just teleported to the other player when they hit a checkpoint in the previous games, so maybe a limited distance from each other?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like Cortana is back as Chief's dependable assistant from that end clip.

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, question: is this going to be a monetized Destiny style hamster wheel? It sure seems like it. Anything with the world "infinite" in it seems to imply grinding. I foresee less halo shooter and more of a "hobbyist grade shooter" incoming here, do you guys know what I mean?

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Cortana is back as Chief's dependable assistant from that end clip.
Why Cortana? Per Halo 5 story, that doesn't make sense.
The armor can carry any smart AI. In Halo 4, Cortana notes "they'll pair you with another AI, perhaps even another Cortana-model if Halsey lets them". Just sayin' there might be a connection there, but whatever happens, new AI, if there is one, isn't the same as original Cortana.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer did nothing for me and I honestly don't like the new art :( Oh well, I'm still excited and curious!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why Cortana? Per Halo 5 story, that doesn't make sense.
The armor can carry any smart AI. In Halo 4, Cortana notes "they'll pair you with another AI, perhaps even another Cortana-model if Halsey lets them". Just sayin' there might be a connection there, but whatever happens, new AI, if there is one, isn't the same as original Cortana.

They wouldn't have made a point of adding that very specific shot in if it wasn't a significant point of the story - but perhaps it is a new Cortana model.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
great trailer, really felt like that coming back home feeling for Halo.

def a BoTW/GoW type moment here

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They wouldn't have made a point of adding that very specific shot in if it wasn't a significant point of the story - but perhaps it is a new Cortana model.
Considering it is engine demo mostly, i wouldn't read too much into it.
The Chief downloading Cortana is rather iconic shot in many Halos, i'd say the shot here is mostly homage probably. I mean Halo, the Forerunner towers, Warthogs and Marines, classic armor... all classic things, AI download is yet another similar thing.