• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Speaking as a console only gamer since the start of Ps3/360 gen... I've sunk so many hours on variety of fps over the years, just wanted to make this thread asking and stating - how great is this game, like seriously... perfect balance of skill and fun imo, I enjoyed titanfall, halo 5 not as much, was also a diehard cod guy then a battlefield stan at one time but this game man, this game

The movement, hit detection, framerate... All second to non for console imo, add in the great variety of weapons and equipment, repulsor for example is so unique to me, play styles vary so much and when I get outplayed I genuinely feel bested unlike other games where its mostly whoever sees whoever 1st wins

I don't play big team battle so not speaking on vehicle side of things

This game literally brought the passion back for me, been playing King of the hill all night and just got done watching some clips on The Halo HQ YouTube channel and it's amazing to me how 343 have nailed this game. I may as well rename my xbox as halo box as its all I will be playing for the next 7yrs I can just tell

Last edited:

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
It definitely is one of the best feeling FPS games I've played. I think once it has the content it needs and that rumored BR-like mode, it'll be in a really good spot.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
They definitely nailed how it feels. Even going from Destiny 2 back to Halo, Halo feels noticeably better to me.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah 343i did a great job. I personally hope to someday see a sort of game collaboration by IW, 343i, Id soft and Machine Games.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm glad you liked it! Have you played Titanfall 2's campaign yet? It's also great for reasons you posted here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
One of the best I've played. DOOM Eternal (PC) and Apex are up there too.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i'll always prefer reach but Infinite was a fucking banger, i wish the campaign was a bit stronger but the gameplay was fucking ridiculously good, the hookshot was SO FUCKING GOOD especially in a game like halo where things can happen from all sides

hyper exited to see what they do with the next campaign

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the gameplay and controls of Infinite are top-tier. 343 absolutely nailed the sandbox, and the movement feels so smooth and rewarding. It's the perfect "modern" interpretation of Halo.

Despite the plethora of issues surrounding Infinite, I hope it doesn't get completely dropped anytime soon for the reasons mentioned above.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It has an absolutely top tier gunplay and a fantastic gameplay loop. I don't know if it would make my top5 though, the competition is too big.

It might be my favorite Halo though.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It plays amazingly but I feel that the gameplay is quite underutilized in the campaign compared to the OG trilogy, or to other FPS games that play as well or worse than Halo for that matter.
Edit: Talking about the campaign only, I played the MP but I don't think I can form a strong opinion on it or compare with other games.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels good to see these kinda stories. Really hope 343 can nail the content pipeline in 2023 and beyond because this game is really fun to play.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah Halo has always been the FPS that feels the best to me, with the new Dooms coming close, and COD being a million miles away

I am hoping for Infinite DLC to jump back in and I might try out that BR mode eventually

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
For me the gunplay is way too slippery. I play on a low sensitivity and something about Infinite aiming is fucked. While aiming at targets my gun will just slip off target causing me to miss. This is the only halo game I've ever had this issue and it feels awful. Like the aim assist just is constantly turning off and on.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I'll die on a hill saying killzone 2 is the best FPS ever. I was never addicted to a shooter like I was with killzone 2. Such a fun FPS that was ahead of it's time back in 2009.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Yep, the gameplay teams behind Infinite did an S-tier job. The grappleshot complimented the existing sandbox perfectly.

Hopefully they keep building on that foundation.

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
Not even in the top twenty for me. I'm also not into multiplayer shooters that much, so there's that.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The gunplay, yes, just sublime. It's everything around it that lets it down.

It's like building the most beautiful and lavish bed and bath in the middle of a hut made out of popsicle sticks and chewing gum.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Now you understand the honeymoon phase everyone had with the game in November

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
You made your case well ill give it a shot.

I haven't truly enjoyed an fps since ut99 & q3 but you made this sound very appealing.

Feels kinda wrong jumping into a series on the 6th game though.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
According to the Xbox app I already have 360 hours on it so yeah I think it's pretty good.

Let's not get it twisted though, the game has a ton of issues that need to be resolved and they need to heavily increase the content output but I think they'll get there.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Gameplay fucking feels amazing, I still play it everyday like its 2004 again, but everything else... lots of problems.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I liked it a lot for a few hours (grappling hook is top tier) but I stopped playing the campaign probably 25% into it and then just got bored and have no desire to go back. Friends and I dropped the MP after two weeks or so as well. I'm glad people liked it but I thought it was weak, better than 5 though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Traversal and shooting feel so good that I put it on my Top 10 last year despite disliking pretty much everything else about it. The game could have been an old school Halo sized hit had they nailed the open world design, story, and been more prepared to sustain the multiplayer. It plays that well.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I get super anxious playing MP games but Infinite is so much fun and the gameplay so on point I'm constantly having a great time, I could never get into twitch shooters and the time to kill on Infinite is just perfect for my liking.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I honestly expected a bamboozle when I entered the thread and that you were gonna trash 343 instead. This is refreshing. I agree, OP. There's a ton of work left to be done to get it to a better state, but it's just flat-out FUN to play.

Jan 27, 2022
Its certainly top-tier. However, it needs a larger weapons sandbox to be the best in the industry. The sandbox is exceptional butquite small. If they can expand it while keeping the feel and balance...oh, man.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I can't ever decide on one favorite, but it's top 5 on my personal list for sure.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, that's one thing I definitely give 343.

I didn't like Halo 4's MP, but the gunplay in Halo 5 and Infinite is sublime, after Forge drops for Infinite, it will greatly help the main issue with the game which is lack of content