• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

FPoEaWPXsAQmjVe

FPoEag3XIAERyXa

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Please have a closing circle and work with squads🤞 they already have the closing circle and knocked teammates in-game.

If this is like a BR-lite hopefully it shows them that there's real demand for a BR.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Isn't gun game a FFA game anyway? I only know it from COD so not sure if it's the same in Halo. Why would it be called Last Spartan Standing if it was just BTB Gun Game?

Because it would include a number of players on the battlefield that's more associated with BTB

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
"Last Spartan Standing" is a weird name for a "gun game" mode.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
"Last Spartan Standing" is a weird name for a "gun game" mode.

Dunno, I feel like Last Spartan Standing is a lot more descriptive to what's actually going on in a mode where you have to kill other Spartans until you're the last one standing than 'gun game'.

I understand what the name Gun Game suggests but imagine if you're someone who's never heard that term. Id guess that the mechanic they want to get across is last man standing, not the gun upgrades.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno, I feel like Last Spartan Standing is a lot more descriptive to what's actually going on in a mode where you have to kill other Spartans until you're the last one standing than 'gun game'.

I understand what the name Gun Game suggests but imagine if you're someone who's never heard that term. Id guess that the mechanic they want to get across is last man standing, not the gun upgrades.

That's what I mean. People are comparing it to "gun game"but the title suggests is less about getting kills with each successive weapon and more about surviving the longest.

Tactical Tumbler

Sr QA Analyst
Verified
May 26, 2021
The main connection to gun game is that the description implies earning score improves your loadout.

Unless they toss in some objective play the main way to get points is kills, just like gun game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What's a "gun game" mode?

It's where everyone starts with the same weapon (often the weakest in the game) and then every time you kill somebody it gets replaced with the next gun. So everybody's levelling up throughout the match with new guns as they get kills.

When you hear rocket launchers being fired across the map you know somebody is close to winning!

Jun 12, 2018
It's where everyone starts with the same weapon (often the weakest in the game) and then every time you kill somebody it gets replaced with the next gun. So everybody's levelling up throughout the match with new guns as they get kills.

When you hear rocket launchers being fired across the map you know somebody is close to winning!

Thanks. Sounds interesting

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Sounds interesting, but without that description I had no idea. Last Spartan Standing is way more descriptive.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure this is gun game.

To me, the name Last Spartan Standing kind of implies it's a last man standing mode. So a one-life/limited-life free-for-all like Elimination from Halo: CE and Halo 2. The description is probably the twist that kills allow you to choose upgrades for your loadout.

Oct 25, 2019
I'll give it a shot, I've been having a ball with Fiesta so any variation or gimmick modes could be a cool change of pace from slayer.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The main connection to gun game is that the description implies earning score improves your loadout.

Unless they toss in some objective play the main way to get points is kills, just like gun game.

I've got so many questions.

FFA often means that much of the damage you deal will end up being assists. But it sounds like assist will still earn points towards upgrading the load out.

It clearly sounds like an elimination mode. Do players get eliminated by dying? Having a low point total?

Can't wait to hear more.I feel like a one-life version of gun game would be awful because people would value staying alive over accruing a score. But a game that escalates as players aggressively accrue score could be pretty awesome.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
So likely not the Battle Royale I was expecting to read about from the title. A free for all mode that rewards good players playing well by making them even more lethal - sounds sweaty af, lol. Time's not right for a BR just yet anyway, game needs to at least offer what the majority of the core wants and address those engagement metrics before going in search of a new audience.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
So likely not the Battle Royale I was expecting to read about from the title. A free for all mode that rewards good players playing well by making them even more lethal - sounds sweaty af, lol. Time's not right for a BR just yet anyway, game needs to at least offer what the majority of the core wants and address those engagement metrics before going in search of a new audience.

Who knows if you actually get more lethal, because a lot of the weapons are more side-grades than upgrades and the benefits are situational.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I'm convinced that Halo is perfect for the Battle Royale format, but it needs to be built from the ground-up and have the proper level of polish. It should be something that comes mid Halo Infinite's life cycle to supercharge the game and bring back a bigger player base and should feel functionally distinct from the standard BTB and Arena experiences.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Looks cool. Will they add any form of progression that is not the battle pass? That's what the game is missing for me, a rank system like in halo reach, the MCC, halo 5, you know, like every single halo since 3. Still can't believe the game launched without it.

AngelL0ls

Oct 28, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Only read the title and thought this was another thread about the dwindling player numbers on Steam... /s

More content and modes are always welcome, because god knows it is one of the things this game needs, badly.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

First time I've heard of this. Sounds amazing.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I'm convinced that Halo is perfect for the Battle Royale format, but it needs to be built from the ground-up and have the proper level of polish. It should be something that comes mid Halo Infinite's life cycle to supercharge the game and bring back a bigger player base and should feel functionally distinct from the standard BTB and Arena experiences.
the rumour is certain affinity is/has been working on this for a while now. hopefully it's not 'just' this last spartan standing mode.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
It seems its finally their take on battle Royale. "Improving your loadout" is the looting part (often boring) of BRs. Lets hope that its good in Halo.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Gun Game in Halo sounds dope. Final weapon is the Pulse Carbine to make it extra difficult

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There is so much potential for the current BTB structure it's just so sad that they can't do things faster. This is just going to be 24 player FFA with a circle on BTB maps which sounds awesome. They could even have doubles, triples and quads in the same style. Whatever Certain Affinity is working on I hope it's way bigger in scale than this

FUNKNOWN iXi

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watch it just be Infection. Here's a "Last Spartan Standing" Mega Bloks set with a green Sword --

www.megabrands.com

MEGA

Mattel Shop

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
If it's FFA, I hope it's still playable with friends. The current FFA limitations on that are terrible. Sometimes you just want to kill your friends in addition to everyone else. "But teaming!" Have a good report functionality in place. CoD has been able to do the mode with no issues.