• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else's game crashing randomly while in a match? Happened to me twice now and can't tell if it's a me issue or what?

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Mar 19, 2020
My first Halo and I'm really enjoying it. Can be frustrated when your team doesnt play the objective though.

Also hate the battle pass xp system but that's already been said a thousand times over.

The core gameplay is a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of the bigger maps. One I played felt really empty.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
They need to act quickly to add:

- more playlists
- more maps
- Forge
- better fireteam support

On the last point, it's crazy that you can party up with your friends but they don't spawn near you or have any kind of special color/icon.

Nov 14, 2017
I feel like none of the weapons are worth picking up in ranked other than the rocket launcher and the sniper rifle. The Bulldog (shotgun?) and the Mauler are okay in certain scenarios but other than that I haven't felt like I'm doing much with any of the other weapons.

Oct 29, 2017

I don't know, and I like the core gameplay... but people calling this some return to form are being hyperbolic when Halo 5 was essentially the same game with maybe 5x as many features.

Literally 2 of the three BTB maps look identical, and I'm sorry but unless you're hardcore into competitive Halo the small maps don't really offer much.

Not to mention a progression system that you literally have to treat like a full time job, yet people keep suggesting small tweaks to fix it. Which short of some massive change, the progression/customization is largely just going to be awful forever. It just feels like something that would be in a mobile game.

I mainly just cannot fathom how it took 343/Microsoft this long to release a game that is so stripped down to the bare minimum of features.

Still somewhat looking forward to campaign though, even though it basically just looks like a bunch of bases that need to be captured and no massive grand battles.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

To all the people defending the 50xp per game; the old xp before today was better until you hit 22+ played games in a day. 343 doesnt want players to progress too fast in the battle pass bc the game is extemely bare bones right now esp with a season lasting til May.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I feel like I've been leveling up much quicker after the weeklies change. 50XP per game still feels kinda low, and there's a few tiers where it feels like I'm not entirely being rewarded with something all that compelling, but I'm finding the progression tolerable now, I hop the changes continue to roll in and make it a more positive experience.

But otherwise I've been ADDICTED to the game lmao I'm at like 25 hours or something already

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
The point of 50xp is to just add to the feel of continuous progression rather than actual progression. Getting nothing in a game is ass. Getting pennies is at least progress (mentally).

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I don't know, and I like the core gameplay... but people calling this some return to form are being hyperbolic when Halo 5 was essentially the same game with maybe 5x as many features.

Well. I think for many it feels a lot different from Halo 5 in a good. Far from essentially the same game.

And this is a beta still. I assume they are going to add to it and update it consistantly. I would hope starting on the official release date (though I wouldnt bet on it).

I think they want to start small and expand and adapt rather than throwing a tonne of shit at the wall, if half of it wont stick.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

To all the people defending the 50xp per game; the old xp before today was better until you hit 22+ played games in a day. 343 doesnt want players to progress too fast in the battle pass bc the game is extemely bare bones right now esp with a season lasting til May.
? Some of you guys are taking this way too far. It is just cosmetic, halo's leveling was never about becoming more powerful.

if you want to see progress just play rank

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

I had a feeling the change made it worse but wow this is really blatant. I'm lucky if I have time for 10 games a night, without some much bigger changes it'll take like a year for me to finish a season lol

? Some of you guys are taking this way too far. It is just cosmetic, halo's leveling was never about becoming more powerful.

I paid ten dollars for this battlepass, is it so unreasonable to want to be able to complete it without making it my full-time job?

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I just got 700xp from one game. Nice!

New system seems good.
It's not tho imo. It's just moving points around. You'll be back to grinding tomorrow if you get all your weeklies done quickly.

There's no difference in daily progression here and that is the main problem. It needs to move faster because when you're done with weeklies you're on a serious grind the rest of the week.

I really, really love this game y'all
I'm having a blast. It's tons of fun.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
I had a feeling the change made it worse but wow this is really blatant. I'm lucky if I have time for 10 games a night, without some much bigger changes it'll take like a year for me to finish a season lol

I paid ten dollars for this battlepass, is it so unreasonable to want to be able to complete it without making it my full-time job?
Your battle pass doesn't expire. So you can't take all of the time you want

Oct 29, 2017
Well. I think for many it feels a lot different from Halo 5 in a good. Far from essentially the same game.

And this is a beta still. I assume they are going to add to it and update it consistantly. I would hope starting on the official release date (though I wouldnt bet on it).

I think they want to start small and expand and adapt rather than throwing a tonne of shit at the wall, if half of it wont stick.

Right, it's just my personal opinion. But I think as the thread title suggests "Comeback Evolved" I'm not really understanding that vs. the reality of what is contained in this game. Other than some mobility tweaks, this game is stylistically and design wise very similar to Halo 5 minus a ton of features. I almost feel like I'm on crazy pills and in a Madden thread or something, like I just can't believe that this game has been in development for that long. That or people are so conditioned to marketing bullshit in games that they just don't care about actual quality anymore.

Again, I put hours into Halo 5 and actually think the multiplayer in that game is fairly decent, likewise I'm enjoying what currently exists of Infinite and the ability to play with a friend who is on PC... but this game is not a drastic departure from Halo 5 in any way at least as far as the multiplayer is concerned, so unless you're a Halo diehard I have a hard time believing that this will capture anyone's attention for much longer than a couple of months.

Maybe I should just stop talking about video games forever, but the people who feel the need to keep reminding people that this is a beta is precisely what I mean by how susceptible video game audiences are to marketing bullshit. We're definitely at the point where beta doesn't actually mean anything anymore.

Solbright

Oct 28, 2017

We want to unlock cosmetics at a reasonable, rewarding pace like in other games that do a battle pass. It's not unreasonable to want improvements when we otherwise greatly enjoy the game.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

I'm beginning to think that's exactly it. They're stalling us out because the content they do have they are saving for fractures. So, I guess if they do a bunch of fractures then we could see a good amount of content over the next few months.

They have said this is more of a band-aid tho so I'm not going to get too mad about it yet.

Thanks for doing the math on the challenges by the way. I could tell it was slower but this puts it into context.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
lol I thought they were just adding a second daily not taking the old one away, do they think we are stupid?

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Your battle pass doesn't expire. So you can't take all of the time you want
That shouldn't be an excuse to artificially inflate the grind to make it take as long as possible lmao

Would you say the same if you got 10 XP per match? What about 30? Where is the exact point where "it doesn't expire" stops being able to justify a shitty progression system?

Status
Not open for further replies.