• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

What would be the best way to watch the XGS video without being spoiled? It starts at 1am for me... I would have stayed up for this years ago, but with young children now, sleep is precious.

Is there a URL I can open before going to bed and then just refresh when I wake up?

FWIW, aesthetically speaking I much prefer Midship over Heretic but the style itself is present throughout every Halo.
Honestly Halo 2 just has some of the best maps ever. You'd probably really enjoy Terminal, Turf, Headlong, Ivory Tower, etc... (I could go on forever, there are so many good maps in Halo 2). Not only are all of those more urban environments, they're also just A+ in terms of map design.

It's a shame Halo 2 MP seems dead on MCC PC as I'd rather queue for that but I let it sit for 5 minutes and never got a match so I gave up.

That's unfortunate, I find matches pretty quickly on Xbox, even when playing in worst time zone.

Yes that's what I think the game would do better with-- Urban environments. It's familiar, it's easier to remember.

The game just feels more slick, more focused in Halo 2 maps and gunplay. The floatiness of H3 and the slowness feels terrible to me

By urban, you mean human? Some of the best maps in the series are Forerunner (Sancturary, Lockout), as well as the aforementioned Covenant Midship. A Halo game with only Human maps would be a letdown honestly, if I wanted an "urban" game, there's a plethora of alternative FPSes for that.

And yes, (default, vanilla) H3 feels terrible. I'm surprised at the love it gets today, but maybe it's just because of the echo chamber where I was in in 2007, where the base game was accepted as a step down from base CE and 2. MLG settings (increased base speed and damage—to counter BR spread; decreased shield regen speed) made the game a lot more fun IMO, but since those settings aren't available in MCC Social Slayer I just stick to CE/2/2A mainly... I do miss The Pit, Construct, Guardian, Narrows... but everytime I add H3 to the playlist to scratch that itch I get something like Orbital instead :(

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Anyone else weirdly excited to see someone mod Halo 4 and 5 with Chiefs new armor once Infinite is out? I'm genuinely interested in seeing some of the cutscenes from 4 & 5 with the new armor... oh wait, aren't some of the cutscenes in 4 & 5 prerendered/videos? Well at least the ingame ones I'd like to see the armor switched... you know someone will do it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
By urban, you mean human? Some of the best maps in the series are Forerunner (Sancturary, Lockout), as well as the aforementioned Covenant Midship. A Halo game with only Human maps would be a letdown honestly, if I wanted an "urban" game, there's a plethora of alternative FPSes for that.

And yes, (default, vanilla) H3 feels terrible. I'm surprised at the love it gets today, but maybe it's just because of the echo chamber where I was in in 2007, where the base game was accepted as a step down from base CE and 2. MLG settings (increased base speed and damage—to counter BR spread; decreased shield regen speed) made the game a lot more fun IMO, but since those settings aren't available in MCC Social Slayer I just stick to CE/2/2A mainly... I do miss The Pit, Construct, Guardian, Narrows... but everytime I add H3 to the playlist to scratch that itch I get something like Orbital instead :(
Im not saying make it exclusively just urban maps, I just dislike the ones that are like super alien or super weird looking. Im also not talking about maps like Guardian, Pit and all those maps. They do the sci fi setting good. I think I just really hate Heretic and maps that look like it. Halo CE has a couple maps that are mazes of generic sci-fi walls.

Im really trying to enjoy Halo 3 but I just cant get into the maps and the BR. It sucks. Reach DMR, Halo 2 BR both feel so much better. I cant believe people cant imagine a game without sprint when Halo 2 feels super fast paced without it. The maps I've played in H2 are so frantic but feel really fun. Sprint on maps like this would surely be awful.

But I guess it just comes down to how they design the maps and if its with sprint in mind then I guess that's something Ill get over.

I hate maps like Construct (classic generic sci fi walls everywhere. Like what even is this supposed to be?), Isolation, Narrows, Valhalla (nowhere near as good as Blood Gulch), Heretic. Feels like the gameplay really wears me out on these maps because of all the stalemate shootout.

Also, I know its part of the game, but man do I hate the grenade spam. I dont know how I dealt with it in Halo CE when that game gives you 4 each. Presumably movements like thrust helps combat the spamminess of grenades. I wish I could play H5 because it looks interesting

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Excited to see what they are doing with Forge. Expecting this to be a video later after the reveal of Infinite, since it's generally not interesting to the majority of players.

I wonder if they will finally make it a PC focused app, so we can have finer controls and then access on Xbox or PC to test.

jarrich

Jan 1, 2020
Excited to see what they are doing with Forge. Expecting this to be a video later after the reveal of Infinite, since it's generally not interesting to the majority of players.

I wonder if they will finally make it a PC focused app, so we can have finer controls and then access on Xbox or PC to test.
Forge is related to PvP right, and the reveal will focus only on the campaign as far as I understand.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
So we going to get a Halo leak before Thursday or what? Everything has been airtight so far, I think something will leak before the show though.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
What would be the best way to watch the XGS video without being spoiled? It starts at 1am for me... I would have stayed up for this years ago, but with young children now, sleep is precious.

Is there a URL I can open before going to bed and then just refresh when I wake up?
Similar problem for me. My hope is that the OT will add a link for people like us once it's available and I'll just be able to refresh the thread, click on the link and be on my way. I really, really don't want to get spoiled. I literally won't be able to open Google, Gaming side, or YouTube until I've seen the showcase as there's gonna be images everywhere.

If you do find a solution, please let me know!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's not impossible to to leak as plenty of people are working on things internally and externally. I just hope there are no dickbags involved who will spoil it

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
As excited and ready I am to finally see Halo Infinite gameplay, I sincerely hope nothing leaks -- not even a text description. Nothing leaked on both E3 2018 and 2019 and both trailers were something really special. The team at 343 deserve to have their special moment to show us Halo Infinite in the format and venue that they prepared for us.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK

Yeah, this would be great. I don't design Forge maps at all but being able to make them on the PC version (or through the Infinite Forge app) would make things so much quicker.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I'm anxious the footage will leak tbh. A few separate insiders have alluded to seeing the same campaign footage - likely the very demo we'll be seeing on Thurs - so it's potentially floating around somewhere.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
It'd be more sad than anything to find out Infinite footage leaked when we're only days away.

5 years in the making and only days away. Leakers leave Halo alone.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
As excited and ready I am to finally see Halo Infinite gameplay, I sincerely hope nothing leaks -- not even a text description. Nothing leaked on both E3 2018 and 2019 and both trailers were something really special. The team at 343 deserve to have their special moment to show us Halo Infinite in the format and venue that they prepared for us.
Didn't the name leak on 4chan or something before E3 2018?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope the pull cable on the front of the warthog is functional in some way. You could do some right silly cool stuff with that.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I really, really hope they dial up the physics shenanigans for this game. Halo 3 was really nice already and two gens later this has the potential to be insane.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In general we need to be able to do more shenanigans. The original was a bit of a physics playground and I don't think we've had that since maybe 3.

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
Not long till Armor Lock 2.0 gets revealed!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Looks like a new clip this.

Different background to the E3 trailer last year. You can see the HUD loading in top and bottom almost like it's about to go into gameplay. 🤔

Last edited:

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
Hype got to me and made me check out Halo Wars 2 since people love Atriox and he and the Banished are in Infinite. The game is a lot of fun to play with all the little Halo-based units going around with a lot of detail, style and personality and the cutscenes are absolutely incredible!

Hali Wars 1 cutscenes are amazing as well. If you enjoyed the ones in 2 you should read a synopsis of the first one and watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sprint should be an upgrade that you have to find on the multiplayer map, only 1 on map, you lose it when you die etc

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Year: 2559
Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor System // GENERATION III
Key: K4M2R.3QTYY.2XMRH.KFWDX.JQQCZ

Many references to VISR. (Visor)
"Preparing intrusion countermeasures"

Genrerally seems identical to the Discover Hope trailer from E3 - except it's blue now not green.

Last edited:

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the entire thing, but he seems to be missing the possibility that everything he listed could be just a hand-made effect rather than something created by a physics simulation. Not very convincing evidence.

I mean sure, but the point of the video was to speculate about physics and DF talked about it too in their Discover Hope analysis.

So the year changed to 2559 from 2561?

It's 2561 in one frame and 2559 in the next one. Kinda weird.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the shield bar isn't that thin, I like them having some girth. I would also be really sad to see the Halo 5 health bar go away, it was really nice to finally see how much health you had in a non health pack Halo.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You could hazard a guess Chief has been on that Halo a while which kinda leads to the open world, survival aspect rather than a short grand tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.