• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero idea what to expect for this game... but I'm excited as hell. I wonder when we'll see it next, maybe the Series X reveal event in the spring that's been rumored?

My dream game is essentially Halo 3 with hitscan, huge open SP levels, varied MP offerings including Team Mythic and massive BTB... I don't even know what I want but I hope 343 can deliver. Matt saying there has been dev troubles is concerning, but plenty of incredible games have had dev troubles and pulled it out in the end. Fingers crossed.

Oh and I also hope they basically retcon all of Halo 5.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
This is what I want.
Have arena be Uber competitive and even starts.

I'm not really sure what the evolution of Warzone's should be. Should it be battle royale, Tarkov, idk. But it should involve finding armor, different kinds with different traits. Finding weapons/attachments. Perhaps you don't even play as a spartan, but a marine or ODST. It should have huge maps. At least 50 players. A survival element.

I think arena is great. Love it to death. But I think halo needs something new. Something that will draw in the Fortnite/pubg/apex/Tarkov/rust people. That would also bring in a lot of influencers for streaming.
If they more than double the player count for Warzone that would be wack. I don't think they should do that unless it is some sort of BR. In Battlefield you feel kinda worthless in the greater scheme of things due to the size of the match. I think they're better off staying around 24.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I hope the game has a full multiplayer suite at launch unlike Halo 5. I want to see Big Team Battle with 343-made maps, all weapons, all emblems, minimum 12 maps, and all game types in the MP at launch.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I want the return of Covenant species we haven't had in a while, such as Yanme'e, Huragok and Jiralhanae. I'd also like the addition of ones we've seen in the lore as auxiliary, such as Sharquoi. Enemy variety is great.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I'd argue what Warzone needs chiefly is a flexible and dynamic sandbox. I got a lot of mileage out of Warzone in Guardians (60-80 hours) but in reflection I felt like I'd seen everything that mode had to offer after the first 5-10. This certainly wasn't helped by the fact that Warzone only supported two game modes (Warzone and Warzone Assault), but something about the experience just felt static and repetitive - particularly due to encounters being around the same copy-pasted bases.

For Infinite they ought to design Warzone maps to facilitate multiple modes (e.g. Capture the Flag, One Flag CTF, Invasion, Assault, Oddball), and implement dynamic elements either into the maps or gameplay itself.

After 5 years in development, 3 E3s, and announcing 18 months in advance as a launch title? Nagh. They'll sooner ship it incomplete than delay.
I have 20.5 hrs in warzone 250 hrs in arena. I thought after 3 hrs of warzone I did and saw everything it had to offer.
I think warzone as it was in guardians wasn't very exciting. The gameplay isn't that far off from BTB, with a little firefight thrown in. It was fine. But I'd like to see an experience that stands on its own, extremely different from the arena gameplay, and isn't only fun to play but fun to watch.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
A few years distance from H5 has given me more willingness to see where they take the AI storyline. I'm not sure how they'll salvage the Cortana character but the premise of sentient AIs seeking independence isn't a bad way to pivot from the alien crusades in the original trilogy. If nothing else, Frank O'Connor has impeccable taste in sci-fi. I'd like to see his sensibilities reflected in these games (although I have no idea how close he is to the storytelling side).

Oct 28, 2019
It's cool that they are going back to roots, but another halo ring? I know you can do a lot with a Halo ring but...

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
If they more than double the player count for Warzone that would be wack. I don't think they should do that unless it is some sort of BR. In Battlefield you feel kinda worthless in the greater scheme of things due to the size of the match. I think they're better off staying around 24.
Well I don't think it should be some 24v24 or 50v50 thing. Your right you increase the player count to much and your individual performance can become irrelevant to winning. Halo should never be about that.

I think it should be a 1-4 player experience. With 50+ total players. Maps huge like Fortnite/Tarkov/pubg.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Prior to e3 2018 when klobrille was going crazy leaking stuff he said that there where play sessions at e3 that had a high player count. He didn't give an exact number but he said it was more players than warzone had.

Then there's frank o Connor. When someone asked him on twitter a few years ago to describe infinite's maps in one word he said "capacious". Here is the definition of that word:

adjective
  1. having a lot of space inside; roomy.
    "she rummaged in her capacious handbag"
    synonyms:roomy, commodious, spacious, ample, big, large, sizeable, generous, extensive, substantial, vast, huge, immense;

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit's gonna be delayed to Spring 2021. Book it.
Sadly I have a bad feeling this might happen. This is almost a must for XSX launch but I'd rather them release the game when they're 100% ready. Halo 5 suffered because it was missing stuff that should've been there at launch. They did have enough dev time but they have to get this one right.
A polished BTB is a must this time. There is a lot of people that mostly play BTB and halo 5 didn't have that for them

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prior to e3 2018 when klobrille was going crazy leaking stuff he said that there where play sessions at e3 that had a high player count. He didn't give an exact number but he said it was more players than warzone had.

Then there's frank o Connor. When someone asked him on twitter a few years ago to describe infinite's maps in one word he said "capacious". Here is the definition of that word:

adjective
  1. having a lot of space inside; roomy.
    "she rummaged in her capacious handbag"
    synonyms:roomy, commodious, spacious, ample, big, large, sizeable, generous, extensive, substantial, vast, huge, immense;
This game was actually playable at that time?

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I bet they'll have a time traveling mechanic to go back in time and reboot and retcon the nonsense that was halo 5.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I need to know why they called it Infinite. I have a hunch but I need to know the true answer!!!

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Hopefully inevitable reunion with Cortana wiil be more like this
And less like this
maxresdefault.jpg

The whole "Chief is psychology unstable" idea is so dumb.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Have a Gravemind control Cortana. The Flood are using her to gather bodies for the Flood's return. The mid game twist is Chief finding the "ritual site" that the Flood are feeding off of.

Chief explores the depths of the ring, gets knocked out and is suddenly in the past as a Forerunner soldier during the Forerunner-Flood War. Turns out he's the Iso-Didact and the mission ends with the conversation with the Primordial. This then leads into the scene above.

Go fucking crazy with the campaign is all I'm asking.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya both klob and Frankie's comments where around the same time... coming up on 2 years ago.

Is it really that crazy. We saw a very polished 5 minutes in engine cutscene 7 months ago or 1.5 years before release.
I wouldn't say it's crazy, I'm just surprised we haven't heard a little more of it then. That's actually good news though

Oct 17, 2018
Factually untrue, at this point all OP's featuring Halo should just link this to avoid shitposts like this one. Halo 5 had better player retention than Reach or 4.

https://wccftech.com/halo-5-mp-play...lancing-matchmaking-continually-improved/amp/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-had-more-active-players-than-halo-3-even-be/1100-6441616/
Are you saying that with a straight face like it's any sort of achievement to get more players than Reach and 4? Lmao

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I have 20.5 hrs in warzone 250 hrs in arena. I thought after 3 hrs of warzone I did and saw everything it had to offer.
I think warzone as it was in guardians wasn't very exciting. The gameplay isn't that far off from BTB, with a little firefight thrown in. It was fine. But I'd like to see an experience that stands on its own, extremely different from the arena gameplay, and isn't only fun to play but fun to watch.
Co-signed. And the steps to improve it are blatantly obvious:
- More modes (Bomb, CTF, 1-flag-CTF, Invasion, even vanilla Slayer)
- No more copy-paste bases
- Enabling users to forge on Warzone maps

Doing just these three things would substantially extend the mode's mileage.

And further, more dramatic changes are also easy to envision, any of which would do wonders:
- Overhauled Warzone progression/Req system
- Allowance of zany settings (e.g. 200% speed, 400% shields, increased explosion acceleration, etc.)
- Changes to AI implementation
- Equipment turned reqs (just bubble shield and grav lifts alone would have facilitated so many more shenanigans in Guardians)
- Dynamic map elements (gates which open and close, lifts, bridges which can be raised and lowered, etc.)
- Upgradeable bases
- In-game events (e.g. meteor storm, artillery barrages or napalm fire, ammo cache drops, etc.)
- Elites vs. Spartans

List goes on.

JonesXlv

Jun 7, 2018
Based on how 343 appear to be using older versions of the halo story for inspiration (CE's original plot was going to involve cortana going rampant, ansconding with halo and trying to conquer the galaxy) I would guess that:

The enemy will be called the covenant. It will just be Cortana's covenant. The prometheans will be folded into the existing sandbox rather than being an alternative. So instead of crawlers, watchers, soldiers and knights replacing covenant enemies, you will see them back up the existing enemies. Imagine jackal phalanxes with watchers to dispose of grenades. Grunt swarms using crawlers like attack dogs. Elites and Soldiers double teaming you. A fight with two hunters and two knights. That way the new additions feel additive.

Halsey will die during the game. They will determine that they can't match Cortana without an AI of equal capabilities, and they have no cloning facilities nearby. So she will agree to be the basis for a new AI to match cortana. Said AI will effectively be a new cortana and be voiced by jen taylor so as not to alienate the fans. It will be a bittersweet moment because we sortof get cortana back...but it isn't OUR cortana. Also she will be named Joyeuse (a reference to Bungie's cortana letters) and Cortana will be PISSED that MC replaced her. the conflict between the two AI will parallel the fight between Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias in the lore.

GAMEPLAY:

Not open world, but the worlds will be big. Think Dragon age inquisition or Crysis. Mission structure will be similar to the second mission of Halo CE where you can go after the drop pods in any order. The game will give you an objective [go here, shoot this, defend that, steal this] but will leave the specifics up to you.

We see from the boxart that Chief is using the MA37...which is an obsolete covenant war era gun. I think that due to how OP the new Covenant is, the unsc will be forced to use whatever tech they can scavenge. This will give 343 an excuse to mix the new designes people like, like the new BR with classic designs that are outdated in universe like the SPNKR. I also think all the vehicle and gun variants form warzone will appear in game. This is how they will handle exploration and secondary objectives. The base game can be played like a typical Halo game, but if you go off the rails and explore, or do side missions, you can find old caches of covenant, forerunner and UNSC tech which will allow you to unlock more advanced guns. So you start with an outdated rifle, and as you get through the game you can upgrade it with hardlight or shredder rounds, and finally upgrade it to an MA5D. You could even have the legendary or mythic versions of weapons hidden behind tough optional encounters.

Also: they will finally give us a mission where we control a Scarab. You will use it to fight a guardian and it will run like absolute shit on the OG xbox one.

And before you people say i am being crazy I will have you know I predicted Phil spencer getting promoted to head of xbox before the xbox one was even unveiled, and predicted the next xbox would be named Xbox (admittedly it was one of three guesses) and I predicted cross gen compatibility. I've got some weird shining thing going on with xbox.

Thank you for listening to my ted talk.

New creative director at 343? If not, apply now. Love all of this.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
The fact that we've known about this game for a year and a half, it's coming out in less than 12 months, and we still have no idea what the enemy force is going to be has me so worried. It just feels like they're afraid to show us at this point; like they've got this great pristine image of what the game could be based on the tiny amount we've seen but if they show us even a little bit more the illusion collapses and we realize it's another 343 Halo like the last two in all the ways everyone wants it not to be.

I didn't like Halo 4's story very much, but it felt salvageable, but after 5 threw everything so off the rails that i have no idea how 343 is supposed to come up with something coherent to follow it up with while still going "back to the roots" in the way they seem to want to.

4 Wardens

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I need to know why they called it Infinite. I have a hunch but I need to know the true answer!!!
Part of the reason is assuredly just because they're moving away from numbers, it's catchy, and I think it kinda signals it's a more open game and potentially a GaaS title.

My lore/narrative guess is something to the effect of "Infinite worlds, infinite possibilities, yet you arrived at this moment", playing on Chief's innate luck and inherent ability to arrive at impossible outcome. That or the universe is trapped in an infinite cycle of violence and using the rings to neutralize threats.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I speculate that they will unfortunately not mimic the Halo 5 Mythic Settings, thus deflating a great deal how much I care about the game.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Pretty sure 343 have said they aren't doing any battle royale modes, (didn't they say something about the only BR they were working on was the battle rifle?), but I think a Halo BR could be great.
You drop as an ODST, have to find armour, guns, ammo, vehicles. Meanwhile there are encampments of enemies (Elites, Flood, Brutes, Prometheans) on the map that have powerful gear to loot. And/or top of that there are occasional enemy dropships.

Story-wise, if it's a semi-reboot going for classic Halo, I think they are going to walk back bad Cortana. Maybe it'll be the classic personality split of "good Cortana"/"bad Cortana". Or yeah, as people have mentioned a gravemind or something infects Cortana and ends up absorbing the rampancy or something

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'm not a crazy Halo fan, but I have finished all the campaigns, and I was quite impressed with Halo 5's multiplayer. I think 343 have a lot of talent, but they haven't quite put it all together in just the right way.

I'm very curious to see what's going on with Infinite. My hope is that it's an open world based around the early gameplay of Silent Cartographer. Meaning Warthogs and Marines always around to help, and you take over bases held by enemies. Then at certain points you are funneled down more linear story missions. I think this format could work really well in Halo, and the thought of this all running on the Series X at launch is very exciting.

However, the turnover on the dev team, and the lack of gameplay for so long does have me nervous. It really makes me think this is another troubled Halo project that's being thrown together in the final year, despite being in development for years now. I'm really hoping Microsoft doesn't make us wait til E3 to finally see this game.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I'm not a crazy Halo fan, but I have finished all the campaigns, and I was quite impressed with Halo 5's multiplayer. I think 343 have a lot of talent, but they haven't quite put it all together in just the right way.

I'm very curious to see what's going on with Infinite. My hope is that it's an open world based around the early gameplay of Silent Cartographer. Meaning Warthogs and Marines always around to help, and you take over bases held by enemies. Then at certain points you are funneled down more linear story missions. I think this format could work really well in Halo, and the thought of this all running on the Series X at launch is very exciting.

However, the turnover on the dev team, and the lack of gameplay for so long does have me nervous. It really makes me think this is another troubled Halo project that's being thrown together in the final year, despite being in development for years now. I'm really hoping Microsoft doesn't make us wait til E3 to finally see this game.
Well we did see a polished in game cinematic 18 months before release.

Look the studio has like 500 people. There is gunna be turnover. But the heads are still there. Frank o Connor, Bonnie Ross and Chris lee(game director for almost 4 years). They have added tons of talent over the last couple years from all over the industry. Their biggest departures have been the lead writer from 5, replaced by the lead writer from the Batman Arkham games. And Tim Longo creative director of 5 who was responsible for the campaign having the terrible 4 man squads among other things.

Skybox labs also partnered with 343 like a year+ ago to help with the development. That mean there are 600+ people on it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
no it's just a speculation

Oh I see. I hope it is a proper open world, or at least has huge hub world areas like Destiny, with locations, towns, cities etc to visit and explore, NPCs to interact with etc and so on. It is rumoured to be a reboot of sorts after all.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Factually untrue, at this point all OP's featuring Halo should just link this to avoid shitposts like this one. Halo 5 had better player retention than Reach or 4.

https://wccftech.com/halo-5-mp-play...lancing-matchmaking-continually-improved/amp/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-had-more-active-players-than-halo-3-even-be/1100-6441616/

Both of those articles are less than a year from launch of Halo 5. There are currently four (4) call of duty games with more players than Halo on xbox: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be willing to bet on some kind of Destiny/Borderlands like co-op for campaign plus expansions throughout the generation, no numbered sequels. At the bare minimum there'll be large, open levels with levels and unlocks.

I'm expecting a similar warzone/arena split like H5 for MP, but I'd also be willing to bet it's hero-based like Overwatch. It's the next logical step up from H5's spartan abilities. Probably 5v5 minimum but who knows.

Story wise, I'm hoping for a direct followup to H5. I think I'm the only person on earth that likes evil Cortana, and I want to know where that thread leads.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
A new Halo game is always worth getting hyped about no matter what. That reveal trailer gives me Halo CE vibes, with the H2 armor style, and the H3 music.......Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.