• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
haloinfinite_e318_masterchief_800px_high-23e818a47ea04a0a8459bf7c883746d9.gif
hi_e319_twtr_hologram-b5fc1e9151b34e3b952d26f66f50dbde.gif

What we know

• Halo Infinite is canonically set after the events of Halo 5.
  • It has been called a "spiritual reboot" meaning it will still follow the events of Halo 5, but may reboot or retool some aspects of the gameplay and story
  • It will launch day one on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC
  • It launches Holiday 2020

Theorry
  • Bit more for what we know

Game Features
    • Splitscreen: Splitscreen is up and running internally
    • LAN: Halo Infinite will support LAN
    • Back in Black: Black Undersuits will be in the game
    • Player Customization: If you liked the level of armor customization options in Halo: Reach, you will be pleased
    • SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
    • Forge: Our famous editing tool will be in Halo Infinite and will have Undo & Redo buttons, which is a first for Forge.
    • Via P40L0, The music composer of Halo: Infinite is Curtis Schweitzer,the creator of the Starbound's OST

• What has 343 said about Halo: Infinite?

• Here is what 343 has listed on the Halo: Infinite listing on HaloWaypoint.com "The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise beginning holiday 2020! Developed by 343 Industries for the entire Xbox family of devices, including Project Scarlett and Windows PCs, Halo Infinite continues the Halo 5: Guardians storyline and takes the franchise in ambitious and unexpected directions, powered by the all-new Slipspace Engine.
  • More on the Slipspace Engine "The Slipspace Engine demo shown at the E3 2018 briefing is the culmination of years of work and is infused with the passion of hundreds of people here at 343 Industries. When we started this project, the team's vision for the game was ambitious – so much so that we knew we had to build new tech to fully realize our goals for Halo Infinite. The E3 demo showcases some of the exciting potential of this technology – everything you see is running in-engine. We still have a long way to go until we ship the game, so things will certainly evolve between now and the release of Halo Infinite, though the engine demo is a clear indication of the direction we are heading with our next game and a great snapshot of where our tech is right now."
Any Videos? Only a few!

Theories?

• General consensus seems to be that Halo Infinite will be heavily inspired by Halo: CE, which featured large open areas and incredibly impressive level design.
  • The Legendary ending of Halo 5 showed the UNSC Infinity doing slipspace jumps to escape Cortana. During one jump, they discovered a new Halo. One theory is that Halo: Infinite might solely take place on that discovered ring, possibly being an open world-esque type game.

Last edited:

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I'm excited to know the modes that will be available at launch. This game will be massive with so many features, modes, gameplay types, including forge. I'm exciting what people can create with PC Steam? Xbox. Files will probably be interchangeable and the game will be supported for years. All that on game pass.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited to know the modes that will be available at launch. This game will be massive with so many features, modes, gameplay types, including forge. I'm exciting what people can create with PC Steam? Xbox. Files will probably be interchangeable and the game will be supported for years. All that on game pass.

The thing that has ruined every 343 game is that they have launched missing features. Halo Infinite can't have that happen. It's a launch game and they've had a lot of time.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of hope that its one large, open, and dynamic halo ring that you are free to explore, not only its land masses, but the rivers, oceans, and skies as well. I hope the wild life is reactive and can aide you in combat scenarios if used effectively. Maybe you can spook a heard of those antelope looking things into stampeding through a covenant base. I hope that the flood return, and the slip space engine makes them creepier and more body horror-or than ever.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I was hyped but that hype died down a lot. The lack of anything coming out is making this pretty boring to speculate about and I honestly thought the beta would've been last month like last time so they had plenty of time to work on feedback.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
THEORY: Arbiter will finally admit his love for Master Chef and they will play tug of war under the sheets.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that we've known about this game for a year and a half, it's coming out in less than 12 months, and we still have no idea what the enemy force is going to be has me so worried. It just feels like they're afraid to show us at this point; like they've got this great pristine image of what the game could be based on the tiny amount we've seen but if they show us even a little bit more the illusion collapses and we realize it's another 343 Halo like the last two in all the ways everyone wants it not to be.

I didn't like Halo 4's story very much, but it felt salvageable, but after 5 threw everything so off the rails that i have no idea how 343 is supposed to come up with something coherent to follow it up with while still going "back to the roots" in the way they seem to want to.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im so so SOOOO ready for a new Halo. Theres nothing like the hype leading up to a Halo game and MS gonna go hard with it, especially as its a launch game for X. Halo 4 SP was good, Halo 5 MP was brilliant, if 343i get both right now, its going to be amazing.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
The thing that has ruined every 343 game is that they have launched missing features. Halo Infinite can't have that happen. It's a launch game and they've had a lot of time.
Considering they made an entirely new engine for the game, I think it's safe to assume we won't get everything we expect from Halo at launch.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
They at least must be confident in their multiplayer suite considering they're not going to be able to make a lot of changes with beta/flighting further down the line.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually pretty confident this game will be their best yet, I've probably watched every interview any 343 dev has given about the game and they seem to understand what people disliked about their previous games.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Well it all depends on what the game is. If the campaign is huge then I'd expect not to see a firefight of equivalent mode.
I definitely think we'll get the Campaign, Warzone (or something similar), and Multiplayer. I don't think they can release something like Warzone and not bring it forward to Infinite. I don't know what features will be missing, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a decent chunk of stuff like Forge missing at launch. I hope not but we'll see.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I really liked Warzone outside of the card system, so i'd be more than happy to see it come back.

As unrealistic as this hope is, I'd love to see a Warzone/Tarkov hybrid. Get cooler weapons/upgrades killing AI bosses and stuff, peace out. Or a BR warzone hybrid. Find cool guns, bosses give you the crazy OP stuff. Win.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I definitely think we'll get the Campaign, Warzone (or something similar), and Multiplayer. I don't think they can release something like Warzone and not bring it forward to Infinite. I don't know what features will be missing, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a decent chunk of stuff like Forge missing at launch. I hope not but we'll see.

I think the outcry for that was large enough that missing that at launch for a game that took half a decade to make would be inexcusable in my opinion.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I think the outcry for that was large enough that missing that at launch for a game that took half a decade to make would be inexcusable in my opinion.
A lot of that time was likely spent on the engine itself. You can only start working in an engine after a certain point of its development. Depends on the game.

Hopefully they won't be missing anything big. That would be great.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda hope water isn't just a watery grave but you can go and explore the depths, hidden caverns, secret routes etc. and of course marine life.

I really want to use the warthog winch for stuff, how to get a warthog down a cliff edge, tag team winch daisy cutter, cut some trees, get some logs, UNSC marshmallows. Fun physics so you can swing a warthog off a tower while you surf it for the jump to the inaccessible ledge that leads to a cavern on a cliff face with perhaps a cool secret.

Flame thrower, tall grass, goes without saying. Toasty marshmallows too. Toasty big monsters from the depths, Chief needs his fish oil.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen it mentioned but if it's really open like people are speculating, and if the demo showcases where they wanna go with the game, I want wildlife to be a big aspect of things that can either help or harm you.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope that its one large, open, and dynamic halo ring that you are free to explore, not only its land masses, but the rivers, oceans, and skies as well. I hope the wild life is reactive and can aide you in combat scenarios if used effectively. Maybe you can spook a heard of those antelope looking things into stampeding through a covenant base. I hope that the flood return, and the slip space engine makes them creepier and more body horror-or than ever.
Ooh, I want this now. All of it.

Feb 10, 2018
I think it will have bigger environments with wildlife, recreating that feel of visiting an alien world that the original had.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I think it will have bigger environments with wildlife, recreating that feel of visiting an alien world that the original had.
I hope we can expect linear open world at least. I don't need full world where you go find missions and side quests. Levels are good. I just hope they're big and open.

Edit: I realize they've been hinting at something like this with the comparison to Combat Evolved. I just hope it's as I imagine.

Last edited:

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Based on how 343 appear to be using older versions of the halo story for inspiration (CE's original plot was going to involve cortana going rampant, ansconding with halo and trying to conquer the galaxy) I would guess that:

The enemy will be called the covenant. It will just be Cortana's covenant. The prometheans will be folded into the existing sandbox rather than being an alternative. So instead of crawlers, watchers, soldiers and knights replacing covenant enemies, you will see them back up the existing enemies. Imagine jackal phalanxes with watchers to dispose of grenades. Grunt swarms using crawlers like attack dogs. Elites and Soldiers double teaming you. A fight with two hunters and two knights. That way the new additions feel additive.

Halsey will die during the game. They will determine that they can't match Cortana without an AI of equal capabilities, and they have no cloning facilities nearby. So she will agree to be the basis for a new AI to match cortana. Said AI will effectively be a new cortana and be voiced by jen taylor so as not to alienate the fans. It will be a bittersweet moment because we sortof get cortana back...but it isn't OUR cortana. Also she will be named Joyeuse (a reference to Bungie's cortana letters) and Cortana will be PISSED that MC replaced her. the conflict between the two AI will parallel the fight between Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias in the lore.

GAMEPLAY:

Not open world, but the worlds will be big. Think Dragon age inquisition or Crysis. Mission structure will be similar to the second mission of Halo CE where you can go after the drop pods in any order. The game will give you an objective [go here, shoot this, defend that, steal this] but will leave the specifics up to you.

We see from the boxart that Chief is using the MA37...which is an obsolete covenant war era gun. I think that due to how OP the new Covenant is, the unsc will be forced to use whatever tech they can scavenge. This will give 343 an excuse to mix the new designes people like, like the new BR with classic designs that are outdated in universe like the SPNKR. I also think all the vehicle and gun variants form warzone will appear in game. This is how they will handle exploration and secondary objectives. The base game can be played like a typical Halo game, but if you go off the rails and explore, or do side missions, you can find old caches of covenant, forerunner and UNSC tech which will allow you to unlock more advanced guns. So you start with an outdated rifle, and as you get through the game you can upgrade it with hardlight or shredder rounds, and finally upgrade it to an MA5D. You could even have the legendary or mythic versions of weapons hidden behind tough optional encounters.

Also: they will finally give us a mission where we control a Scarab. You will use it to fight a guardian and it will run like absolute shit on the OG xbox one.

And before you people say i am being crazy I will have you know I predicted Phil spencer getting promoted to head of xbox before the xbox one was even unveiled, and predicted the next xbox would be named Xbox (admittedly it was one of three guesses) and I predicted cross gen compatibility. I've got some weird shining thing going on with xbox.

Thank you for listening to my ted talk.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the game that will either make of break my decision on the XSX on day one. I want to see another excellent Halo game, so fingers crossed it's a return to form.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on how 343 appear to be using older versions of the halo story for inspiration (CE's original plot was going to involve cortana going rampant, ansconding with halo and trying to conquer the galaxy) I would guess that:

The enemy will be called the covenant. It will just be Cortana's covenant. The prometheans will be folded into the existing sandbox rather than being an alternative. So instead of crawlers, watchers, soldiers and knights replacing covenant enemies, you will see them back up the existing enemies. Imagine jackal phalanxes with watchers to dispose of grenades. Grunt swarms using crawlers like attack dogs. Elites and Soldiers double teaming you. A fight with two hunters and two knights. That way the new additions feel additive.

Halsey will die during the game. They will determine that they can't match Cortana without an AI of equal capabilities, and they have no cloning facilities nearby. So she will agree to be the basis for a new AI to match cortana. Said AI will effectively be a new cortana and be voiced by jen taylor so as not to alienate the fans. It will be a bittersweet moment because we sortof get cortana back...but it isn't OUR cortana. Also she will be named Joyeuse (a reference to Bungie's cortana letters) and Cortana will be PISSED that MC replaced her. the conflict between the two AI will parallel the fight between Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias in the lore.

GAMEPLAY:

Not open world, but the worlds will be big. Think Dragon age inquisition or Crysis. Mission structure will be similar to the second mission of Halo CE where you can go after the drop pods in any order. The game will give you an objective [go here, shoot this, defend that, steal this] but will leave the specifics up to you.

We see from the boxart that Chief is using the MA37...which is an obsolete covenant war era gun. I think that due to how OP the new Covenant is, the unsc will be forced to use whatever tech they can scavenge. This will give 343 an excuse to mix the new designes people like, like the new BR with classic designs that are outdated in universe like the SPNKR. I also think all the vehicle and gun variants form warzone will appear in game. This is how they will handle exploration and secondary objectives. The base game can be played like a typical Halo game, but if you go off the rails and explore, or do side missions, you can find old caches of covenant, forerunner and UNSC tech which will allow you to unlock more advanced guns. So you start with an outdated rifle, and as you get through the game you can upgrade it with hardlight or shredder rounds, and finally upgrade it to an MA5D. You could even have the legendary or mythic versions of weapons hidden behind tough optional encounters.

Also: they will finally give us a mission where we control a Scarab. You will use it to fight a guardian and it will run like absolute shit on the OG xbox one.

And before you people say i am being crazy I will have you know I predicted Phil spencer getting promoted to head of xbox before the xbox one was even unveiled, and predicted the next xbox would be named Xbox (admittedly it was one of three guesses) and I predicted cross gen compatibility. I've got some weird shining thing going on with xbox.

😂 I love your ideas.

343 hire this poster

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Yeah, I've thought this as well. It just makes too much sense, especially with how much 343 has focused on her (Halsey's) character.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018

GAMEPLAY:

This is a good post.

I would also like to add the prediction that the multiplayer will be anchored in persistent social hub, likely on the Infinity, in the same vein as CoD WW2, Splatoon, and Destiny.

Feb 10, 2018
I hope we can expect linear open world at least. I don't need full world where you go find missions and side quests. Levels are good. I just hope they're big and open.

Edit: I realize they've been hinting at something like this with the comparison to Combat Evolved. I just hope it's as I imagine.

Yeah, unless it has the same attention to detail as Rdr2, I think just big linear levels will be better.
Personal i liked that feeling of going into the unknown and discovering and fighting the horde.
While games like the modern doom are a great visual specticle with fast paced and visceral gameplay, most franchises are beyond that, while gameplay is a staple for halo, imo it has to further evole mystery, story and horror elements, a bit like the direction gears 5 has taken, that story was a lot better then expected, it was like a decent star trek episode with bits that reminded me of alien reserrection and captain America winter soldier.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018

GAMEPLAY:

This sounds amazing. I've gotta keep my expectations in check. It's difficult lol

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I would also like to add the prediction that the multiplayer will be anchored in persistent social hub, likely on the Infinity, in the same vein as CoD WW2, Splatoon, and Destiny.

I mean canonically the multiplayer since 4 has been simulations on board infinity, so they'd just be taking established canon to the logical outcome. And since it is unlikely for us to get armor customization in campaign, it would be a great place to show off our duds.

Yeah, I've thought this as well. It just makes too much sense, especially with how much 343 has focused on her (Halsey's) character.

It would also be an appropriate capstone to her arc. She's done some pretty suspect things. So sacrificing herself is a good way to get redemption. She also has always cared about the spartans like they were her children. So sacrifciing herself for John is perfectly in character. It's like Iron man in Endgame. Whether you like the character or hate them, that's the best ending they can have.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Halo Infinite confirmed to be an open world game?

Oct 17, 2018
Halo 1-3 is one of my favourite series of all time, yet 4 and 5 are so bad that I have almost no hype for Infinite. Because it's 343, it's almost expected for it to be shit, because unfortunately, 343 think they know best yet but the games player retention is absolutely abysmal. People harp on about "oh but the sale numbers are the biggest since X", yet Halo will always sell well regardless of how good the actual game is. What actually shows how good a Halo is is the amount of players it retains, in Halo 4 and 5s case, their player populations always die so quickly.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Well.... The Flood are back. I suspect that they are controlling the shadow copy of Cortana. But the real perpetually stable Cortana is trapped somewhere.

MC needs to find her. MC will fight the Grave mind, and Cortana will fight shadow Cortana

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well.... The Flood are back. I suspect that they are controlling the shadow copy of Cortana. But the real perpetually stable Cortana is trapped somewhere.

MC needs to find her. MC will fight the Grave mind, and Cortana will fight shadow Cortana
Are the flood confirmed? I have a love hate relationship with them. I'd easily take them over promethians though

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 1-3 is one of my favourite series of all time, yet 4 and 5 are so bad that I have almost no hype for Infinite. Because it's 343, it's almost expected for it to be shit, because unfortunately, 343 think they know best yet but the games player retention is absolutely abysmal. People harp on about "oh but the sale numbers are the biggest since X", yet Halo will always sell well regardless of how good the actual game is. What actually shows how good a Halo is is the amount of players it retains, in Halo 4 and 5s case, their player populations always die so quickly.

Factually untrue, at this point all OP's featuring Halo should just link this to avoid shitposts like this one. Halo 5 had better player retention than Reach or 4.

https://wccftech.com/halo-5-mp-play...lancing-matchmaking-continually-improved/amp/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-had-more-active-players-than-halo-3-even-be/1100-6441616/

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they add a ton of box soldiers in some missions. Fighting along side them is always my favourite parts. I hope we can fight along with like 30-40+. That would be awesome. Add a couple hogs and it's a little war.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I mean canonically the multiplayer since 4 has been simulations on board infinity, so they'd just be taking established canon to the logical outcome. And since it is unlikely for us to get armor customization in campaign, it would be a great place to show off our duds.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The idea is so seamless, and has been frequented a few times this gen, that I'd frankly be shocked if it didn't happen. Would add a lot to immersion, and potentially be very conducive to facilitating a sense of community (particularly if they take cues from Splatoon's Splatfests), and even economy (i.e. seeing what other people are wearing)

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
As unrealistic as this hope is, I'd love to see a Warzone/Tarkov hybrid. Get cooler weapons/upgrades killing AI bosses and stuff, peace out. Or a BR warzone hybrid. Find cool guns, bosses give you the crazy OP stuff. Win.
This is what I want.
Have arena be Uber competitive and even starts.

I'm not really sure what the evolution of Warzone's should be. Should it be battle royale, Tarkov, idk. But it should involve finding armor, different kinds with different traits. Finding weapons/attachments. Perhaps you don't even play as a spartan, but a marine or ODST. It should have huge maps. At least 50 players. A survival element.

I think arena is great. Love it to death. But I think halo needs something new. Something that will draw in the Fortnite/pubg/apex/Tarkov/rust people. That would also bring in a lot of influencers for streaming.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
This is what I want.
Have arena be Uber competitive and even starts.

I'm not really sure what the evolution of Warzone's should be. Should it be battle royale, Tarkov, idk. But it should involve finding armor, different kinds with different traits. Finding weapons/attachments. Perhaps you don't even play as a spartan, but a marine or ODST. It should have huge maps. At least 50 players. A survival element.

I think arena is great. Love it to death. But I think halo needs something new. Something that will draw in the Fortnite/pubg/apex/Tarkov/rust people. That would also bring in a lot of influencers for streaming.
I'd argue what Warzone needs chiefly is a flexible and dynamic sandbox. I got a lot of mileage out of Warzone in Guardians (60-80 hours) but in reflection I felt like I'd seen everything that mode had to offer after the first 5-10. This certainly wasn't helped by the fact that Warzone only supported two game modes (Warzone and Warzone Assault), but something about the experience just felt static and repetitive - particularly due to encounters being around the same copy-pasted bases.

For Infinite they ought to design Warzone maps to facilitate multiple modes (e.g. Capture the Flag, One Flag CTF, Invasion, Assault, Oddball), and implement dynamic elements either into the maps or gameplay itself.
This shit's gonna be delayed to Spring 2021. Book it.
After 5 years in development, 3 E3s, and announcing 18 months in advance as a tentpole launch title? Nagh. They'll sooner ship it incomplete than delay.

The only thing of that nature I can see them doing is splitting the Campaign and Multiplayer into separate packages as Brad Sams initially leaked pre reveal (which Stinkles quickly denied), and delivering only the Campaign at launch, though frankly I think even that's unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.