• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Got a brief summary for those of us who can't watch/listen?
Halo Infinite reveal on July will be something like the "God of War reboot" bomb reveal.
It seems will be the most impressive showcase.

Plus, all we've seen so far is even without Ray Tracing (possible X1X version), and was all real time, with the real engine.
No bullshit or faked anything.

On July everyone will understand why it took 5 years for making it, and why it needed a totally new engine to do it.

Jeeeez :D

m23

Oct 25, 2017
This, never heard of RDX and can't tell who's on the call or why they would know.

They are a pretty big Xbox focused podcast and they usually have some pretty big guests on their show at times ie Alanah Pearce, Bill Stillwell, Rukari Austin and others. So whether or not they are reliable, I don't know, but they definitely have connections with people in the industry.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
This, never heard of RDX and can't tell who's on the call or why they would know.

RDX, especially Dealer has been pretty spot on in the past. I love listening to the RDX podcast but it won't be for everyone. It's 2 hours give or take of excitable gaming fans arguing and discussing games - with a lean towards Xbox.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Speculative similarities with God of War in order of likelihood:

General ethos of a franchise reboot that retains continuity with its forebears, albeit at some distance (confirmed)
Spoke and hub world design (suggested by trailer and keyart)
RPG-lite progression (scopeless BR, AAA design inertia)
Long-take cutscenes (second trailer had some long takes I guess?? but there were cuts)
Cortana is dead and you must do something with her inert receptacle (a chip is seen and her voice is heard in trailers)
Ax weapon
AI Companion
Change of perspective
Child

Perhaps Master Chief uncovers the CE Magnum under a blanket

This is fun but ultimately I think the game will have as much in common with GOW as it will with BOTW. It's just the vibe of hitting the reset button and capturing some prestige design conventions the series has ignored until now.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Halo Infinite reveal on July will be something like the "God of War reboot" bomb reveal.
It seems will be the most impressive showcase.

Plus, all we've seen so far is even without Ray Tracing (possible X1X version), and was all real time, with the real engine.
No bullshit or faked anything.

On July everyone will understand why it took 5 years for making it, and why it needed a totally new engine to do it.

Jeeeez :D

Thank you! Also... hot damn!

I'm ready to be blown away!

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see this game but even more excited to PLAY it during a BETA

Hopefully we get dates for that too

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
There may be some rare camera exceptions, but I think the Discover Hope trailer gave a great idea about the general "one-shot" vision.
If true, that's really cool. God I'm so excited for Halo Inifinite.

How do we think they handle transitions from these one-shot cutscenes back to the first-person point of view? I guess similarly to the trailer?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Cortana is dead and you must do something with her inert receptacle (a chip is seen and her voice is heard in trailers)
Oh man, if only. If Halo 5 weren't a clusterfuck, maybe that element of the story could've been genuinely interesting. The Created have so much potential as an "enemy within"-type threat, but it's all wasted in the game where they make their big debut.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, if only. If Halo 5 weren't a clusterfuck, maybe that element of the story could've been genuinely interesting. The Created have so much potential as an "enemy within"-type threat, but it's all wasted in the game where they make their big debut.

That's the thing, it was only the debut of the created. 343i have not even been given a chance to follow it up properly.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing, it was only the debut of the created. 343i have not even been given a chance to follow it up properly.
The Covenant was introduced in The Fall of Reach, wherein they glass an entire planet. The Created are introduced in Halo 5, where they take over a bunch of Forerunner constructs and fuck off elsewhere. I feel like Bad Blood did a decent job highlighting how terrifying the Created could be, but it was a corny novella and only tangentially related to Halo 5.

Oct 26, 2017
Game is goated if this happens.
giphy.gif

ghost of former cortana: " you can do this John.... "
ghost of former Cortana: " I'll always be with you"
* she fades away
117: " I know... "

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
If it's purely cosmetic, I hope they allow users the option to toggle, personally can't stand it.
I would love a simple toggle, they don't even have to dress it up like they did in Halo 4. However, some of the designs for smart scope in Halo 5 are visually really neat, so I hope they come back in a way that's less intrusive than the BR/DMR scopes. Also, I think having an ADS like system that's purely cosmetic would be a nice compromise for new fans. I think this is a situation where everyone can win.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This a good watch and he rightfully advises people that they shouldn't expect Prometheans and Cortana's Covenant faction not to be the main antagonists in Halo Infinite, the Banished may be playing a roll as a third faction but I wouldn't expect Atriox to make an appearance. The Flood may not appear aswell depending on how 343i handles the story, but as Halo canon say's hopefully they are hinted at.

Oct 26, 2017

This a good watch and he rightfully advises people that they shouldn't expect Prometheans and Cortana's Covenant faction not to be the main antagonists in Halo Infinite, the Banished may be playing a roll as a third faction but I wouldn't expect Atriox to make an appearance. The Flood may not appear aswell depending on how 343i handles the story, but as Halo canon say's hopefully they are hinted at.

I hope the Banished aren't in the game to be honest, especially if the game is restricted to Zeta Halo. Unless they are a minor faction that is Brute-centric, I don't think it would fit the narrative well. The Keepers of the One Freedom would be a much better basis for a Covenant-Created faction, especially aesthetically because I wouldn't want the gritty, industrial appearance of the Banished to replace the iconic sleek designs of the Covenant from the Bungie-era.

My bet is on The Created being mostly composed of Covenant with new enemies of Forerunner background replacing the Prometheans as a hole, their weapons complimenting the Covenant's arsenal instead of supplementing them. The Banished will probably be a minor-brute centric faction with a bunch of Brute weapons returning to pad the sandbox, if the Banished are even in the game at all. It would be a mistake to keep Covenant enemies restricted to 4 like the past two games had; Brutes, Drones, and Engineers should return. Also, Engineers should be rescuable because I always hate killing them.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Banished can keep the rugged look while the Prometheans are retconned to be sleeker.

Cortana sends all the organics that join her under the Banished while she re-purposes all the mechanical entities. Then the mid game twist can be that Cortana will kill all organics and we get a Two Betrayals moment and then the Flood are there.

Retrosmith

Mar 2, 2020
Damn it's really hard to get excited for Halo: Infinite when the story of Halo 5 was so bad. The story and lore in these games are one of the most important aspects for me.

Of course I will play the heck out of the MP but here is hoping the campaign delivers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.