• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
That's not confirmation. Could be an unused asset that they just had Steitzer record in case.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no.

I hope it's just an extra asset or was something planned but is now scrapped.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
The earlier rumours (part of which were true RE: first season being Reach themed) suggested there was a larger mode than BTB, did they not? I expect an evolution of Warzone (Halo 5) and not a traditional Battle Royals.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The earlier rumours (part of which were true RE: first season being Reach themed) suggested there was a larger mode than BTB, did they not? I expect an evolution of Warzone (Halo 5) and not a traditional Battle Royals.

The game showing a fireteam of up to 28 players kinda shows there's a larger mode in the works.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
EnormousOrneryEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I don't see the issue with this. Launching a shooter in 2021 without a Battle Royale mode would be like launching an FPS in 2000 without a capture the flag mode: a fucking stupid decision ignoring what's popular with fans of the genre. Sure I'm not a huge fan but honestly, it is what it is and I don't need to play every single mode and love it to enjoy a game.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Three titles in the span of ten minutes lol
I'm a stickler for proper capitalization. You saw nothing.

I don't see the issue with this. Launching a shooter in 2021 without a Battle Royale mode would be like launching an FPS in 2000 without a capture the flag mode: a fucking stupid decision ignoring what's popular with fans of the genre. Sure I'm not a huge fan but honestly, it is what it is and I don't need to play every single mode and love it to enjoy a game.
You are 100% correct.

Either BR fans go play a game with a BR mode, or you keep them in your ecosystem by giving them your own BR mode.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'd play the hell out of a Halo battle royale mode.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
maybe at one point as it went F2P they were probably going to make it a BR game but ended up where they are now.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the thread to discuss non-campaign leaks from the datamine? I've been out of the loop with Halo for a while but I would love to hear people who followed Halo 5 make sense of what's new and what's just a code name for an old gun in the leaked list of weapons.