• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep those are Halo toys. Outside of what looks like a new weapon but kind reminds me of an AR with no barrel at the tip there's really nothing that interests me right now

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Jackal is perfect, multiplayer Spartans look like Reach which is neat, Classic BR is great, Hog has the old turret.
That elite looks a little too Halo4/5 to me, hopefully the other armors are better. I need a better shot of that Grunt, I'm really worried because it looks like a 4/5 Grunt with different armor...
I hope the lack of Brutes doesn't mean anything.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Halo Reach boat for comparison

640px-HR_UNSCBoat_Concept_1.jpg

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
My take: the Reach figures and Tanaka are probably just prototypes. Carter's helmet and the other Reach stuff are probably in production because of the recent release and popularity of Reach in the MCC, and Tanaka is likely part of a Halo 5 line that may never release. You have to take all of these at the fact that they're prototypes. I'm even a bit skeptical at the classic enemy designs, but I'd say those are definitely more likely than the idea that the Reach stuff will be in Infinite. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Osiris and Blue team end up in Halo Infinite, but their armor will likely be different to fit the new art style. Just my take on it.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jackal is perfect, multiplayer Spartans look like Reach which is neat, Classic BR is great, Hog has the old turret.
That elite looks a little too Halo4/5 to me, hopefully the other armors are better. I need a better shot of that Grunt, I'm really worried because it looks like a 4/5 Grunt with different armor...
I hope the lack of Brutes doesn't mean anything.

I believe Brutes will be back but showing them off at the toy fair would completely give away that fact.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
They are actually not confirmed at all.

It's just that the Warthog, Mongoose and Pelican sets have 2 in 1 functionality and you can build a boat, jetski and base out of them.

Man if we get that stuff in the game y'all better get ready for my Thunder in Paradise Machinima series.

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
So this is why Halo 5 was bad right, the shape of the warthog's turret was not the same as Halo 3 .

Cant believe all that hype about the " old school " look of Halo Infinite. Do you realize that this game is not a time machine to 2007 ?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So this is why Halo 5 was bad right, the shape of the warthog's turret was not the same as Halo 3 .

Cant believe all that hype about the " old school " look of Halo Infinite. Do you realize that this game is not a time machine to 2007 ?

cant speak for anyone else, but yeah - its definitely NOT a time machine. i hope no one goes in expecting that. pure science fiction (at this point?)

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Even if it doesn't play like the older games, at least the artsyle won't be as bad as 4/5

Oct 26, 2017
Oh that Jackal actually looks pretty good.

Sorry for enjoying things, sir. I will try harder in the future to not be excited about things I like. Thank you, thank you.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can barely see it, but it looks like grunts could be back to a more OG design with the rebreathers and hopefully no googly eyes.

However, they're still NOT BLUE.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad ODSTs are back, not counting Anniversary the last FPS game they were in was Reach.
EDIT: NVM, none of those toys are ODSTs

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Man Blue Team was so wasted in 5. Hopefully they get a better showing here (if they show up at all...)
They were very abruptly introduced in Halo 5, many fans were also under the impression that Chief was the last of his kind. Unless they get a proper introduction throughout Infinite (not at the very beginning to justify a forced squad feature), then maybe they can work out, but I feel a lot of fans miss the lone/last Spartan vibe the other games gave you.

Grunt close up
EYe5Y2n.jpg

More images: https://imgur.com/gallery/cuNHTOL
Interesting that the Reach looking ones don't have names given and their foot armor is different from Kat's

I love the Grunt's armor, gives me some H2A vibes. However, the actual grunt looks a bit off to me. Looks kinda creepy.

Also really digging the new multiplayer armor and the Jackal, looks so much better than the 4/5 art style.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So Kat's model (and it is Kat, you can tell by the arm and the toys non-helmeted look, and that it says: "Spartan Kat") box actually does have the Halo Infinite logo on it.

I'm wondering if in MP you will be able to unlock "Legacy" characters by buying the toys.

Reach did just re-release and has always been pretty revered by the expanded fanbase so it may be because of that, but Halo 5 did also release a bunch of Noble Team skins so they could be doing something similar.