• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
I saw this on YouTube a while back and was roasted for commenting that I was glad there weren't any sequences like this in the final game. Apparently I'm an idiot who doesn't want Halo to evolve or see how awesome this could have been in game lol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This "proof of concept" is what I wanted to see in Halo Infinite personally. We've been discussing in the Halo 5 thread that it's a shame they just loosely tied up the end events of Halo 5 in Infinite.

I guess it's just one of those things though. I don't think you can ever make everyone happy no matter the course with Halo at this point.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The tone of the proof-of-concept cinematic medley seems strong, and could have worked great in terms of getting across the feeling of things that went down while Cortana was going after human authorities during the insurrection.

I'm so very fucking glad Infinite didn't leverage "Press X to proceed" as a notable cinematic element.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
This "proof of concept" is what I wanted to see in Halo Infinite personally. We've been discussing in the Halo 5 thread that it's a shame they just loosely tied up the end events of Halo 5 in Infinite.

I guess it's just one of those things though. I don't think you can ever make everyone happy no matter the course with Halo at this point.
I agree... The Ark conflict was also dropped hard to get the Banished to Zeta Halo. Are they more interesing than "Evil" Cortana? Yes. But it was so quickly done it felt almost unearned for the Banished and a Non ending to a story built up by two games, infinite feels like a sequel to a game that we didn't have.

343 could have done more launching smaller scope games/spinoffs with other characters to help setup the story, instead of focusing 100% on MC and leave the world building to other media.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I agree. I personally wouldn't class myself as a huge Halo fan, even though I have played through all the mainline games! But I found Infinite pretty forgettable. I would have loved more mystery, suspense and real exploration. Though like you said you can't appeal to all Halo fans because it's such a long running franchise and changing things up too much would irk the big fans. Then again God of War 2018 changed the formula that we were used to and turned out superb. Anyway I'm rambling, I thought the video had a cool vibe minus some of the previously mentioned in-game actions.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Yup. That sure looks like a every Halo trailer.

I enjoyed Infinite enough and I don't really mind the way they resolved the AI revolution. Seeing the things unfold fits nicely with the the whole "Everything's fucked and you couldn't stop it" element of the game.

There's some stuff that could have been interesting to see, but if that meant having to fight the prometheans again to see it then I'm alright with it going.

It's never going to happen, but a wrap up of the AI war in a Halo Wars 3 would have been pretty neat

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I made a thread about this that died relatively quickly.
www.resetera.com

Halo Infinite: Behind The Cutscenes And Early Gameplay

So the narrative director of the game made a huge blog post on his website about the process behind the game's cinematics and overall narrative direction http://danchosich.com/haloinfinite And it also includes some really good BTS looks at some of the performance capture shoots, which includes...

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they didn't have a game on the AI revolution because I was never interested in it. "The Halo universe will be changed forever" by a SciFi trope? No thanks.

StayPuft

Banned
Jun 7, 2022
Am I understanding that the FPS gameplay was meant to be a toggle? And third person for the rest? (ie exploration, melee combat, vehicle etc.)

The idea of Toggle FPS mode and Third Person Exploration intrigues me for some reason.