• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
MS of old would have buckled and have a sloppy demo out. Seems Phil Spencer's insistence of not showing new games until their ready for prime time is taking root.

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not expecting a big blow out on HI until E3 next year. Even then I'm expecting it to be a mid-late 2020 title, held back for the simultaneous xbo+next gen launch, whenever that is.

AnubisRising

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
T hats hugely disappointing even if not totally unexpected. Still, I was holding out hope for at least a big picture overview of some of the game, its design philosophies, and structure via an early look vidoc. And at least a small bit of me thought we might get mp flight/beta details for 2019 (hopefully this is an e3 feature).

It will have a beta as they have said every halo will have one

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be an Xbox 5 launch title. Bookmark it.

At worst, they'll Breath of the Wild/Twilight Pricess it.

2 separate versions of the same game with the Xbox 5 version looking/performing significantly better.

I'll take Stinkles word.

JNJKtWT.jpg

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'll take Stinkles word.

JNJKtWT.jpg

I know what Frankie said. He's in our Discord. I'm just telling you how it's gonna be.

Xbox 5 will be out in 2020.

Halo Infinite will also be out in 2020.

It's not rocket science. Gears 5 is 2019. They're not putting Halo and Gears in the same year and they're most certainly not going to launch a new console and Halo in the same year without Halo being on that console. So...you can believe what you want, I'm telling you Halo Infinite will be on Xbox 5 launch day. Take it to the bank. As I said, even if they Zelda it.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know what Frankie said. He's in our Discord. I'm just telling you how it's gonna be.

It's not rocket science. Gears 5 is 2019. They're not putting Halo and Gears in the same year and they're most certainly not going to launch a new console and Halo in the same year without Halo being on that console. So...you can believe what you want, I'm telling you Halo Infinite will be on Xbox 5 launch day. Take it to the bank. As I said, even if they Zelda it.

I doubt the 4th Xbox will be out before 2021 at this point.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, at no point does Frankie say it will not be a cross gen game.

I mean come on he can't just come out and say "hey it'll be cross gen" when Microsoft haven't even announced next gen.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As much as I want to see new Halo, I am fine with it being later. Probably a landmark title for showing off at E3 19. Give it plenty of time and love and make it truly amazing on Scarlett. I want utterly bonkers visuals and amazing gameplay. Just let it cook a little longer.

Plus, it means all the other good stuff at X018 is not overshadowed.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I really think they should change the name to Halo 6, it's just so jarring to go 4,5,INFINITE!

Most likely X0 will focus on the MCC Fix, which is desperately needed (And good they're taking the time to make it right), already released titles and 2019 titles. That would make the most sense, but there's always room for surprises :)

Jan 2, 2018
I have high hopes from Infinite-the game would probably be close to 5 year in development when it launches,my guess is late 2020 for current gen and next gen.
They seem to be taking their time with it,and I like it.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone even said Halo anything will be at X018 in the first place?

I see a lot of people saying MCC for PC, and that would be amazing, but I don't see any indication halo of any kind will be there.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't made a ODST style side game for 5, seems a waste to have all the tech only go into one game

Aug 26, 2018
I think Halo needs to switch to a 3 Team Cycle like COD. I know many of you would blast me for milking Halo but there is so much Lore in Halo and just putting out a FPS Game focused on Chief every 3 years doesnt do justice to the Halo Universe. Thats why I want to see Halo branch out. The cycle could go like this :

Mainline Halo FPS Game 2020
Halo ODST Game 2022
Halo RTS/Mega Bloks/RPG 2023 (Like a Forza Horizon to a Forza Motorsport type of Game)
Mainline Halo FPS Game 2024

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Good. Let development keep going until it is perfect. This is the last chance for 343 imo and they have to hit it out of the park.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Last chance? That's a bit over-dramatic.
It is for me. They've just screwed up way too much stuff over the past couple games they've created. Halo 4 had an interesting story (until the didact showed up) but goddawful multiplayer and broken forge. MCC was a disaster in so many ways despite being a really cool idea. Halo 5 had good multiplayer (even if it was too focused on sweaty gameplay for me) and the best forge of the series but goddawful campaign and things like Theater being broken, the unlock system being a horrid grind, and maps being mostly bland made it a huge disappointment. If Infinite doesn't have a great campaign, story *cough* get Joe Staten or Eric Nylund to write it *cough*, and a multiplayer suite with both lots of well designed content and multiple ways to enjoy the game then I think I'm just gonna check out of the series.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Wasn't the reveal trailer just a pure engine showcase or something along those lines? Seems very early in development.
It seemed to be that, and a display of the new art direction (which I personally love outside of the ugly Halo 5 BR still being there). Since it's a totally new engine I would imagine it's pretty early still since the amount of stuff they would have to do to make an engine specifically for Halo to replace the old one is insane in terms of what it has to support. Huge levels, Forge, Theater, and lots of AI characters are pretty much things that are a necessity for the engine to support a Halo title.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really think they should change the name to Halo 6, it's just so jarring to go 4,5,INFINITE!

Most likely X0 will focus on the MCC Fix, which is desperately needed (And good they're taking the time to make it right), already released titles and 2019 titles. That would make the most sense, but there's always room for surprises :)
The big MCC patch went out last month arleady... there is nothing big to talk about MCC anymore.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the possibility of Microsoft coming out with a streaming app that could potentially be supported on the original Xbox One so that it could play future titles that are on the next generation system?

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
The big MCC patch went out last month arleady... there is nothing big to talk about MCC anymore.
The way the messaging surrounding MCC was communicated makes it seem that its sort of an on-going project and the massive update we saw was not everything they have planned but rather just the high/top priority stuff that made the game borderline unplayable.

Do I think we'll see MCC on PC or Reach in MCC at X018 (or even this year)? Probably not. At the same time I don't think 343i is finished with the game.