• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, if there isn't anything substantial to show it

Do we need another pointless teaser trailer?

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Except for furure improvements, mix tape matchmaking, custom game browser, possible pc port in the future, possibility of Reach being added, ect.
And all of this is not big at all...
Insider builds for this features will roll out soon.
PC build? lol the current Console version still isnt that great.

I dont see reach added into the Masterchief Collection. Maybe a seperate campaign only port in 2019.

Yeah sry but the MCC train is over.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

I dont see reach added into the Masterchief Collection. Maybe a seperate campaign only port in 2019.

It's not though? With Gamepass it's a game that can now just receive constant updates and support, which they said they intend to do by dedicating a "Legacy' team to the project, and the team seems pretty competent.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
When this game emerges I think it's going to be a pivotal moment for console shooters. The previous showing looked mighty promising. I think MS is gonna hold off for the perfect moment.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia

ODST is (technically) part of the collection and doesn't include Chief at all. The only reason it was added and not Reach is because it uses the same engine as Halo 3 which already existed within the game. Halo Reach is a brand new engine so isn't as easy to port.

343i knows the game isn't that great yet which is why they continue to work on it. Once its in a place where 343i is happy there's nothing stopping it from appearing on PC.

MCC isn't over just yet.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

They'll call it 5

The One X provides them the opportunity to get on numbered parity with Sony. They'll find a way to rationalise it like "even though the One X was technically part of the Xbox One family of consoles, it was powerful enough and different enough on the inside to represent a generational leap over the One and One S, which is why we always internall viewed it as Xbox 4"

I mean, you're talking about the company that rationalised Xbox One after the 360

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's a launch game for the next Xbox. Microsoft needs to take a lesson from Nintendo and kick the next gen off with their biggest gun.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they did. That guy was so bad at what he did.

I hope they do take whatever time they need to give us a proper Halo game.
Yup I'd rather wait than have it come out and be not up to par with the quality and content expectations of Halo past. They also seem to have made a good 1st impression with the little we've seen. It looks exciting.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I have high hopes for this one. 343i need to take their sweet time.. The E3 reveal was spot on..they need to get the timing right for the next reveal. exciting times ahead. And regarding troubled development hot takes, many devs go through that..we have heard devs feud and even quit over creative/story direction during the development processes of various high profile games and the projects still ended up great. It isn't new.

Last edited:

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
He seemed like a nice fella, but I definitely agree.

The reveal trailer heavily implies open world IMO. The PR also states a "bold new direction".

I don't know the guy I just know his work. Terrible.

I really want new Halo experience though, keep everything from past Halo ( Arena, campaign, FF , BTB etc) and ad something completely new. Big, addictive and ambitious.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I don't know the guy I just know his work. Terrible.

I really want new Halo experience though, keep everything from past Halo ( Arena, campaign, FF , BTB etc) and ad something completely new. Big, addictive and ambitious.
I like Warzone in concept, they just need to refine it. The deadzones between bases and bosses kill it for me.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
We only got to see some engine footage at E3, not sure why people were expecting gameplay and whatnot a couple months later.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We only got to see some engine footage at E3, not sure why people were expecting gameplay and whatnot a couple months later.
Dunno about others but i'd prefer a reveal would be followed with news regularly, like monthly or bi-monthly at least. That, or they wouldn't even reveal anything until they're actually ready to talk about stuff regularly.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I don't know why that was posted here. That's a comment Matt made long ago. It isn't something new.
That comment was made in June of THIS year. If Halo Infinite has had a troubled development from 2016-2018, then that explains a lot about why it's taking so long, and why we've seen so little. They're not just taking their time with it to get it right - they're forced to due to a chaotic dev process.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
So is this a sign that XO will be better than expected, with more surprises? Or that it will be worse than expected, and low key?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That comment was made in June of THIS year. If Halo Infinite has had a troubled development from 2016-2018, then that explains a lot about why it's taking so long, and why we've seen so little. They're not just taking their time with it to get it right - they're forced to due to a chaotic dev process.
If it was chaotic is probably more than likely came down to 343i realizing the Halo 5 Engine combined with old legacy aspects of the 1998 BLAM Engine wouldn't work with what they want to go forward with. The reception of Halo 5's campaign along with possibly the feedback on Spartan Abilities may have caused a shift aswell.

Even if I'm wrong and it was straight up chaos at one point, it's obvious that 343i are not being rushed by Microsoft atleast which is a good sign.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah lemme know when the community comes to consensus on what a "proper" halo game is.

I'm not holding my breath.

If it was chaotic is probably more than likely came down to 343i realizing the Halo 5 Engine combined with old legacy aspects of the 1998 BLAM Engine wouldn't work with what they want to go forward with. The reception of Halo 5's campaign along with possibly the feedback on Spartan Abilities may have caused a shift aswell.

It has nothing to do with engine problems and everything to do with the fact that Halo 5 was complete dumpster fire that nosedived franchise sales, which were already on a steady decline since Reach, resulting in a complete re-evaluation of 343i's plans going forward as well as ousting most of the people in creative leadership. 343i as a studio now barely resembles itself during the Halo 4 era. Franchise level people like Ross, Wolfkill, O'Conner etc kept their jobs but expect Halo 6 to be make-or-break for them.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah lemme know when the community comes to consensus on what a "proper" halo game is.

I'm not holding my breath.
For me it's at the very least including all modes and gametypes at launch. Halo 4 and Halo 5 shipped with incomplete features and missing gametypes/modes which is not acceptable for a mainline Halo game. Halo 5 literally had only 3 arena gametypes at launch and Warzone.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018

Even if I'm wrong and it was straight up chaos at one point, it's obvious that 343i are not being rushed by Microsoft at least which is a good sign.
Of course, but there will be an inevitable difference in a product that has had 5 years of smooth sailing development, against one which was 2.5 years of chaos, and 2.5 years of well-oiled production. There's also a worry that some of the trappings from that messy period might also make there way over.

That said, that chaos was probably a symptom of many things, in which case extra time would have been needed just to sift through the data, and settle on what to do. A collapsing engine, Halo 5's extremely polarised reception, the metrics of how players engaged with Halo 5, the climate of Xbox, Halo's waning relevancy, the impact of their post-launch DLC, micro-transactions, etc.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's at the very least including all modes and gametypes at launch. Halo 4 and Halo 5 shipped with incomplete features and missing gametypes/modes which is not acceptable for a mainline Halo game. Halo 5 literally had only 3 arena gametypes at launch and Warzone.

And worst campaign I've ever played.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I wasnt expecting it but it would have been nice. Still excited to see this event though. If I get this second job im applying for I'm buying an X

Dec 31, 2017
Mexico
I dont think they gonna made any big announced there,I mean,you can obtain ticket for the event in twitter and is promoted as a fan fest in Mexico

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I hope they did. That guy was so bad at what he did.

It's hard to tell who was at fault. Holmes did a podcast interview after leaving saying that there was infighting and conflicts regarding direction. He said his vision was bigger than what Halo 5 ended up becoming. Who knows who how much of 343's problem was Microsoft and Meyerson pushing hard for those REQ packs and putting so much development effort into Warzone. He did say he was burned out for working for a large corporate developer.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
That sucks but its expected, actual game seems to be a bit far off though. I dont expect any Halo news until E3. But I do hope we at least get a team from some of the new studios.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Lol? That was right before E3
It really doesn't matter if that comment was made June this year. Halo not being @XO18 isn't because of a troubled development. Lol. After all it was @ E3.. So I don't know why that was posted as a reply to that user.
It really doesn't matter if that comment was made June this year. People may have issues with certain design choices from the previous games and they have all reason to but the truth is 343i isn't a bad developer.. The only issue with Halo 5 was the campaign which had some issues with direction...but since the last game 343i has had to build a brand new engine, bring in a lot more devs and are taking the game design much further than before in what seems to be an open world project. That is a major change for Halo and the dev team. A project as high profile as this will always meet have a couple issues along the way..i.e differences with creative ideas among the directors or just issues with the hardware or team unable to realise their vision on said hardware. In the end it doesn't make this an abnormal case...as i said before they aren't a talentless team. Until dawn, RDR ,UC4..etc all had troubled developments and in some of these cases high profile devs working on the projects had major feuds or just left the project midway... That Matt said that doesn't mean the games development was in a standstill for months or years. How long did it take SSM to create the new GOW after overhauling the formula? And if rumors are to be believed this game is promising a huge campaign and a robust mp to go with it all while working with a new engine. I think the term troubled development is being overblown in this case. If they really need this to turn out right then they'll need all the time they can get.
It's hard to tell who was at fault. Holmes did a podcast interview after leaving saying that there was infighting and conflicts regarding direction. He said his vision was bigger than what Halo 5 ended up becoming. .
Yea.. Most of these issues during game development seem to come from differences in design choices..

Even if I'm wrong and it was straight up chaos at one point, it's obvious that 343i are not being rushed by Microsoft atleast which is a good sign.
Exactly and with the new direction @ Xbox I'm sure they'll be given all the time they need to realise their vision for infinite.

Last edited: