• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 4, 2018
TGA2021_PlayersVoice_WINNER_Halo_WIDE.jpg

FGJB5gEX0AcpXhP

So happy for 343 (and the other studios who helped them). But the other games in the list were also great.

Last edited:

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I know the game has issues with monitization and missing modes, but man the campaign is addicting as hell and me and my friend have been playing multiplayer nonstop. It's been a long time since I've seen so many of my friends and coworkers talking like crazy about Halo.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Saying this as a massive Halo fan.

Insanely undeserved. Game is phenomenal but it doesn't sit right with me that even after a year + of delays, the game is so unfinished and has so many intentional bad decisions affecting the actual enjoyment of the game.

The only saving grace is the game is "free", but that doesn't excuse the predatory and exploitative behavior.

I hope this game is another MCC story where at least 2 years from now we can just look back at the start and be so thankful it's changed for the better, but the game shouldn't have launched like this in the first place.

Also Forza Horizon 5 got robbed.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Props to all those voters who already finished the campaign and have been able to also take the time to look back on it and compare it to the other nominees, and then vote before the deadline.

Y'all are fast.

Apr 30, 2019
The game is so fun. I couldn't put the campaign down after work. It's got a few hiccups here and there, but compared to the competition this year it is well deserved.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon 5 deserved better, but all the games in that list are fantastic so they all win in my book.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know the game has issues with monitization and missing modes, but man the campaign is addicting as hell and me and my friend have been playing multiplayer nonstop. It's been a long time since I've seen so many of my friends and coworkers talking like crazy about Halo.

Psychonauts 2 is my GOTY, and I ain't even mad. Halo Infinite is some good shit.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It won't win GOTY tomorrow night, but I expect it'll win a lot of other GOTY awards elsewhere. If there's a consensus pick for GOTY, it's probably Halo.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
the launch of the multiplayer has been incredibly succesful and aside from Forza, Halo is definitely the biggest game on that list so it's not that surprising it won a popularity contest (mind you, I'm enjoying the multiplayer as well).

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Props to all those voters who already finished the campaign and have been able to also take the time to look back on it and compare it to the other nominees, and then vote before the deadline.

Y'all are fast.
Salty? You think people who participate in those votes play all the games and then...do what? An objective(TM) comparsion? Come on, lol.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeaaaaaahhhhh, Halo baby...been loving the multiplayer, started the campaign has been so much fun to play.

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021

Y'all are fast.

Huh? The multiplayer has been out for a while now. Sure, technically it's a "beta" but the beta happens to be the exact same thing as the final game.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017

Y'all are fast.
Deserves it just on the basis of the MP alone. Campaign doesn't even factor-in for this award.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I think it really hurts folks here that the majority won't let a battlepass change the fact they're having fun playing a game.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Considering the level of backlash against the first showing off the campaign and comparing this to the level of joy expressed by fans after paying three multiplayer, it makes complete sense why Halo would win.

That level of turnaround on expectation is impossible for people to ignore when making a decision.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Meh. Popularity contest. F2P Halo is insanely popular. And also fun.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Lol the salt in this thread.

I personally would have given it to Metroid Dread but I haven't played the Infinite campaign. The MP is fucking fantastic though and the best since Halo 3 and that right there is a great accomplishment. I

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
as enjoyable as it is... man this winning feels like a complete rob from some of the other games on the list. Horizon in particular

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Saying this as a massive Halo fan.

Insanely undeserved. Game is phenomenal but it doesn't sit right with me that even after a year + of delays, the game is so unfinished and has so many intentional bad decisions affecting the actual enjoyment of the game.

The only saving grace is the game is "free", but that doesn't excuse the predatory and exploitative behavior.

I hope this game is another MCC story where at least 2 years from now we can just look back at the start and be so thankful it's changed for the better, but the game shouldn't have launched like this in the first place.

Also Forza Horizon 5 got robbed.
breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

Terrible monetization schemes should be penalized more harshly. Or maybe we're the boomers who are wrong.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Man why has this forum been so salty towards this game?

I feel like people here are mad that this game actually turned out to be very good.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nah it feels hollow as a victory, multiplayer beta winning over everything else is nuts.