• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Halo may be back on PC after 11 years - Halo 5 Guardians on W10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I love my mouse and keyboard, but I this comes to PC with HDR, I'll play it on my TV and with a controller. (If Nvidia doesn't fuck up Gamestream)

Oct 25, 2017
Hindering? Not at all.

Controllers are way comfier than KB/M. They're not as twitchy obviously, but I have zero issues aiming with a controller and aim assist off.
I mean people get by or at least think they are a pro but with kb/m everything else is raised because of all the options for aiming available.

I get it if you're just doing single player and are on couch but if it's at a desk and your doing multi... You're gonna need that kb/m.

What games do you play PC multi with and use a controller?

Oct 25, 2017
Lets get some folks who want to donate to MS's childrens charity as friendly wagers. I know Era be altruistic as fuck :)

Edit - And I'll start the pot at $50 U.S.
Lmao. I'll probably match you there.

But we need to wait and see if god is real first with the PC release.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo on PC is easy money for Microsoft, even if it's exclusive to W10 store. How they haven't done it already is mindblowing so now that Infinite is PC bound, it makes sense to capitalize on the hype and get MCC and 5 out there on PC

Oct 26, 2017
I mean people get by or at least think they are a pro but with kb/m everything else is raised because of all the options for aiming available.

I get it if you're just doing single player and are on couch but if it's at a desk and your doing multi... You're gonna need that kb/m.

What games do you play PC multi with and use a controller?
Tons.

Battlefield 4
Battlefront 2
Warframe
Rainbow Six Seige
Street Fighter V

And probably about 30 more that are co-op.

Plus I'm not at a desk. I would never play PC with a monitor. 4K HDR TV + Dolby Atmos surround sound is where I'm at. I'm still shocked this is like some weird world to you.

edit: Anyway this is way off topic, so I'll end it there.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't expect it to be a freebie to digital console owners, not something they tend to add later but is there from the beginning.

Cool news if true.

Oct 25, 2017
Tons.

Battlefield 4
Battlefront 2
Warframe
Rainbow Six Seige
Street Fighter V

And probably about 30 more that are co-op.

Plus I'm not at a desk. I would never play PC with a monitor. 4K HDR TV + Dolby Atmos surround sound is where I'm at. I'm still shocked this is like some weird world to you.

edit: Anyway this is way off topic, so I'll end it there.
Yeah it is. I just don't know how you do well. I guess it's possible.

And for reference I have a setup like yours with a PS4 Pro so I know the comfy couch ways too.

Still prefer my competitive games at my PC on my desk.

Dec 3, 2017
New York
This is sick news, Halo 5 multi is highly underrated by those craving only “classic” Halo. Imo it’s a natural evolution of the series especially coming after Reach.

As for MCC, they’ll bring it to PC eventually when they update it for XB1X and get that upcoming patch sorted out, too much lost money if they ignore the PC community’s requests for classic Halo.

For now we get baby steps, Halo Infinite and 5 will do for now. PC gamers are definitely eating now with Microsoft going all in on the Windows platform.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it is PC, you play the way you want.

I hope previous Halos will be announced as well. My OCD demands it.
MCC is surely coming. Announcement might just be on hold until the first of the big updates roll out on the console side. Show that things have become stable with the game and then start talking about future plans with it like a PC port.

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of wish they had mentioned at the conference.

First Halo multiplayer I've really enjoyed since Halo 3. Looking forward to it.

Oct 29, 2017
MCC soon as well, it's all but confirmed given all the circumstantial evidence.

They could definitely get away with crossplay as well. If done right, there really isn't that much of a competitive advantage unless you are a PC aiming god. Eldewrito had an intermix of control methods and was fine.

Oct 25, 2017
MCC will come to PC once they're done with the updates. They just worked through the second flight of tests on Xbox One so I would expect we are a few months out.

Oct 25, 2017
MCC will come to PC once they're done with the updates. They just worked through the second flight of tests on Xbox One so I would expect we are a few months out.
The flights are going super well honestly, I don't think update 1 is more than a month or 2 out.

Oct 27, 2017
I really want this to be true but I think basing this off what could be a listing error (and customer service just reads back what is listed) might be jumping the game.
They've updated the page(in all languages) at most 5 days ago.

Come on.
An update to the listing in more than one language makes me believe it’s real. And I’m excited for it too. I can finally toss my Xbox One. No reason to have it anymore except for Gears 2 and 3...and hopefully those show up on PC too.

Oct 30, 2017
Hindering? Not at all.

Controllers are way comfier than KB/M. They're not as twitchy obviously, but I have zero issues aiming with a controller and aim assist off.
Like this?

Do you also enjoy double claw grip? L3 and R3 buttons?

I really hope the game to come without any kind of aim assist. Even Halo CE and 2 had.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
An update to the listing in more than one language makes me believe it’s real. And I’m excited for it too. I can finally toss my Xbox One. No reason to have it anymore except for Gears 2 and 3...and hopefully those show up on PC too.
I dunno. I genuinely hope I am wrong. I would like to play this on the PC since I dont have the Xbox anymore. But I am doubtful.

Sakujou

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
will this work with windows live?

/jk

i really wonder, why ms has not done this with all the other halo games.

they should release every halo game after 2-3 years of console exclusivity to PC.

Oct 31, 2017
I got about half way through the MCC before moving on. As good as it is I just don't like FPS on console/gamepad. Really want to see it come over next.

Oct 28, 2017
Store page says that the game is HDR. I thought it wasn't HDR when it was updated back in november (only 4k update for the X). Am I wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.