• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
I'll fill out the latest survey tomorrow. As a Halo fan since it all started back in 2001, I'm very glad 343i/MS are investing the required resources to make MCC what it was supposed to achieve when it was originally released. Looking forward to the initial testing sessions.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, being greedy, but if Custom Edition maps are on the whiteboard, it'd be neat to grab in some of the Halo 2 PC community maps as well.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I keep saying this with each MCC update thread, but Halo MCC was the one thing that would have had me as a XB1 owner a few years ago.

But with the screw up of the whole package I didn't get one.

.....and yet again here I'm liking what I'm reading, transparency and all. Really hope they get this all fixed up because if everything is running smooth then I'll definitely get a XB1S mainly for this game.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
If they get the network code working well, this will immediately become the best game package on Xbox One.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really hoping they can get MCC in a good state. Ideally even to the point where maybe they can use it as a platform for all Halo games, like what EA is trying to do with Battlefield.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
uu9pmDP.gif

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I always wondered why they chose a planet over an actual Halo ring, seemed like the obvious choice to me. So glad they went back and reworked the main menu, the Halo campaigns are something that I always play every once in a while.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Intresting.

So im guessing intelligent delivery is a way to import newer halo games into the MCC when the next title releases.

Halo 6 will be announced and Halo 5 will be announced as an addition to Halo MCC. With intelligent design, you wont be forced to download it into the MCC infrastructure if you already own it seperately.

Microsoft wouldn't be investing in this without a plan to keep it relevant in future.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man really love Jeremy Cook. He knows how halo can look like Halo but still adds a modernish look.

Get this guy as Art Director for every Halo going forward. Get rish of Sparth aka Nicolas Bouvier sry

And i really hope Halo 3 gets some dedicated care too. Sound Mix, Netcode, Aiming (isnt as bad as Halo 5 but it can be improved)

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will buy immediately when either of the 2 happen first...
* Xbox Two is announced and fully BC
* PC release.

Seeing how MS is interested in everyone being connected my outlook for this request is looking great on all fronts.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who constantly complained about the Horizontal UI (that came with loads of input delay and other annoyances), I'm very happy to see it being changed. I also got goosebumps seeing that Halo Ring background. Good old Nostalgia.

My favourite news is probably this, though:

Greg says that MP map load times across the board are significantly quicker (approx. 35-40% of what they were previously).

That's very good. Hopefully the loading screen is also changed and doesn't give you the impression that your game will crash or that the map won't load. lol

HDR? That I didn't expect. What is the reason 5 didn't have it? Awesome though!

There was this response from Stinkles:

Oh and while everything will naturally look better on an HDR set, H5 does NOT use HDR, because we'd have to go back in and mess with two years of art assets, then test that as if it were a full game launch, and our MP is very carefully balanced for color and shadow content thanks to the red and blue bases. So applying one of the "blanket" HDR solutions was not a good option for us.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm aware, but I'll believe it when I see it. 343i thought that that staple of Halo was worth jettisoning, to enable a game mode where people can buy shit with real money. Between that and MCC, my trust will be hard to earn back.

Any fan of classic Halo games could have predicted that removing splitscreen would be somewhat controversial. They knew exactly what can of worms they were opening when they prioritized 'framerate' (read: Warzone, read: REQ packs) over splitscreen, and they went ahead with it anyway. I'm not calling it 0%, because while Bonnie Ross and her team may claim they learned an important lesson about the value of splitscreen among Halo's audience... I don't believe for a second that they didn't already understand that shit was important before they pulled the trigger on Halo 5. And so they might find or may have found some new 'gameplay opportunity' that precludes splitscreen. Call me paranoid, but I won't believe that shit until I see it.

If you'd have asked me before Halo 5 came out, I'd have told you - confidently - that there was a 0% chance that Halo would ever ship without splitscreen or LAN support. It'd be as unbelievable to me as a singleplayer-only Tribes game... and yet here we are. The fifth entry in the Halo series, the quintessential couch co-op and LAN party franchise, shipped without splitscreen and LAN support. For a long time, that said all I needed to know about 343i's handling of the Halo series. It said to me, loud and clear, "these guys don't get it".

(I finally gave Halo 5 a shot late last year. It's my favorite console shooter of this generation, now. It's really great. It's the only game that I play every single day, across all platforms. 343i can make a fucking good ass multiplayer game. The lack of splitscreen, however, still limits my opportunities to play this game with friends, which in turn limits my desire to play it more than a match or two daily.)

Well, it sucked that we lost it for Halo 5, but by the time I reached your third paragraph I realized that the point of your complaint wasn't really that you don't think we'll bring it back, but rather that you wanted to vent. Which is fine. But we'll have split screen in the next big (not MCC) release. If your instinct is to respond with, "I will believe it when I see it," then don't worry, that's clear in the above.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Since you're here Stinkles , if you give Sean/the team the goahead for Custom Edition content, can you please poke him to make sure device_machines sync over the network? I'll single-handedly drop every project of mine to finish my maps I was working on 10 years ago if that's the case, because it allows us to make things like lightbridges, controlled doors, and other 'machines' work. with Halo 1, rather than the makeshift solutions we've had to do (spawn bipeds in a remote location of the map, check the status of the switch, and if it's on spawn a warthog constantly on top of the biped to kill the bipeds, run a script constantly on all clients to check the health on the biped, and if it's dead the door is unlocked, lol)

Thank you guys for even considering it - as a veteran of the CE community, this gives me so much hope and joy.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My issue with Halo 5 (and Halo 4 for that matter) has just been the visual style. I'm hoping Halo Wars 2 and this effort with MCC is a sign that things are going to be reverted back to the old style.