• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Splash Damage sent out a newsletter with some interesting info.

s0S8mtf.jpg

This isn't the most surprising thing though. Halo 1 is being done at the same time as Reach and with 2 studios working on it + MCC's sustain team we can only hope for a good pace on the releases.

Jan 2, 2018
That's great but nor really surprising,considering 2020 will be dedicated to Halo's big new mainline game after 5 years.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Nice. I said i would want a 2 month per game schedule in that thread we had about it.
Sounds like i'm getting that, hell yea

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's great but nor really surprising,considering 2020 will be dedicated to Halo's big new mainline game after 5 years.
It could very well have been a year from announcement and have Halo 4 be an early 2020 thing.

Luckily that's just Halo 4 and the main trilogy plus Reach are the best ones :P

Still though....this excites me !

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Sooner than later, please. I need a hit now that they've gotten me hyped.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if i'd ever get around to playing it, but i'd definitely like to have this in the collection if it's a good build.

Hope they can uncap the framerate for each game.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Ah nice, was wondering how spread out they would be, by the end of this year is good.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Hope they still get plenty of testing in per title. If Reach is good already then there will probably be nothing to fear.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This seems unrealistically fast. I'd love it to be true, but wow. God bless that QA/testing team.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think their traveling road show said something like "play MCC on PC" and that is June / July? so they will have some games released by then and now there is a 2019 tentative deadline too, nice.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
That's good. But why is Halo Wars there? Is Halo Wars coming to the MCC? Did they just google "halo mans" and use that picture?

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Wishlisted on Steam the second the PC collection was announced. All of these on my hard drive by the end of this year? Microsoft is truly giving back.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Damn, this is way better than what I was expecting. Of course, no set dates but I was expecting to see Halo 4 only in 2020 Spring.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I totally expected this to continue to 2020.
Halo CE is being developed alongside Reach and 2 was based on the Vista port so that might not be too bad. With 3/4 they have some good work to do including updating forge and theater across the board for all games due to PC controls (and probably a lot more than just controls tbh)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me this game will be pretty big when all is said and done. Especially when mods and whatever they do with Custom Edition later.

Of course the entire thing will most certainly be on my SSD. None of that smart install nonsense. Give me the full collection baby.

That said man that'll suck to install on a laptop later if I want some Halo on the go.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Am I right in thinking we'll be able to buy them all as a bundle once they're all out, for a better price than if we were to buy them individually?

I may wait until they're all out if that's the case.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Am I right in thinking we'll be able to buy them all as a bundle once they're all out, for a better price than if we were to buy them individually?

I wonder. That would be a bit of a blow to people who support them from the get-go, but it also happens all the time with episodic games.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

It will probably be the exact same price tbh but I also imagine the package deal eventually phasing out the option to buy individually.

Something tells me this game will be pretty big when all is said and done. Especially when mods and whatever they do with Custom Edition later.

Of course the entire thing will most certainly be on my SSD. None of that smart install nonsense. Give me the full collection baby.

That said man that'll suck to install on a laptop later if I want some Halo on the go.
The post launch mod support should be very nice, we have SPV3, Eldewrito and i01 people that will be helping 343 with the official mod support. Not to mention the man himself kornman. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot bigger than people think and will help the game live for a very very long time.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
That's great to hear.

Them not even giving a hint of a release date for these was a big bummer even with how awesome this announcement was.