• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine if we were to have those kind of tools regarding modding and creating new fan content for Halo Infinite; it would be wild and an endless source of communication creation: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-half-life-alyx-workshop-is-now-open.205902/

Half-Life Alyx's level editing tools are now open to the community! You can create new levels, models, textures, and animations for Half-Life: Alyx, and using Steam Workshop you can browse and play everything the community has uploaded.

This is the first Beta release of the Alyx Workshop tools suite, and we intend to add to and improve them in the coming weeks. Included in this release are new or updated versions of:
  • Hammer, the latest version of the Source 2 level editor.
  • Material Editor, the tool for creating and tuning materials in Source 2.
  • ModelDoc, a tool for viewing, editing, and compiling models with animation, collision, and other gameplay attributes.
  • AnimGraph, our animation tool used to create complicated animation setups with blends and transitions.
  • Particle Editor, for making new particle effects.
  • Subrect Editor, for creating smart texture sheets known as "hotspots."
  • Source Filmmaker, the Source 2 cinematic renderer and animation tool.
In addition to these tools, the update includes several sample maps. We've included these to demonstrate and explain how we authored enemy encounters in the game, as well as showcase some new features of the Half-Life: Alyx level art pipeline.

fc17307cccb990965a73479c7df826c9659f3b53.jpg

I wish we would have this. Halo Custom Edition has been so good for the community, providing both a Forge for simpler creation and edition, and those tools for more elaborate experiences and creations would, indeed, make Halo infinite.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay with input based matchmaking would be great. It has to happen.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I played through the Halo 2 Anniversary LASO playlist on PC and when enemies spawned they were not initially cloaked for about a second before cloaking. Is this normal or a bug?

Last edited:

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Y'all on crack. I could understand that convo for ranked, but for social it's mad frustrating when a teammate just quits over nothing. Or you got 3v4d before the match even starts.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'll usually stick around for 3v4s. Now, if it's a 2v4 it depends on my teammate, but most of the time it's a lost cause and I'll just quit.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
New FAQ about Halo 5 matchmaking and ranking on Halowaypoint

How do you define best match possible?
The matchmaker considers the following the most important factors, in priority order:
  • Good teammates
  • Good latency
  • Finding a group of players that the team balancer (a separate system) will be able to create equally skilled teams with (50/50 win chance).
Why do I still get bad latency or an EU server (as a US player) or a US server (as an EU player), often after a very short wait?
The same reason. There were not enough EU players available within the 5-minute possible search window, so the system saw no point in making you wait 5 minutes only to match US anyways. If the system knows that there are not a lot of EU players searching, it will quickly give you a US server rather than waiting 5 minutes and then still giving you a US server.On the other hand, if the system knows EU players are coming, it will make you wait a bit longer in order to get an EU server. If you are finding longer wait times, with this matchmaker, that means your match will actually be better than the short waits. So, it's a good thing.As a side note, the matchmaker allows wider skill-gaps on closer servers, so sometimes you will get an EU server, but have potentially worse teammates.

Why do I match full fireteams as a solo player?
There are two main situations where a solo player can match a full fireteam:
  • When the matchmaker asks the Skill system how good a full fireteam is, the skill system will automatically inflate the number (MMR) it sends back to the matchmaker by a large amount to capture the benefits of being in a full party. If that inflated number is still close to the MMR of a group of solo players (or combination of solo, to2, to3 for 4v4), the matchmaker will allow the match. In the actual data, these full fireteams are not winning more than expected, so the skill system is correctly boosting their MMR. In fact, when the solo players have a higher MMR than the full party, they win 71% of the time. So we generally don't get complaints from this group.
  • When a stacked party at the top of the skill system has no other options but to match you anyways. If it's a question of "just don't let the stacked party play at all" or "have them play an unfair match", the matchmaker currently errs on the side of "play an unfair match" When this happens, you will still get the best teammates possible for this encounter, and it will still try for as close of opponents as are available. This can still lead to unfair matches, but that's the compromise the matchmaker makes.
Also, this doesn't just apply to full parties, this goes all the way down to even just solo players. There are some solo players that are so good that at certain times of the day and in certain playlists, the matchmaker can't find a fair match for them either. So, it does the same thing, allowing that solo player into a match the system knows they will win to allow them to play at all.

Why don't you just force full parties to match other full parties?
The matchmaker will match them against another full party if that's actually the better match. If they match you instead, it means that the next closest full party was WAY worse than your team was. So it happens if forcing the next closest full party was an even worse match than playing vs. solos (e.g. to4 Onyx vs. to4 Diamond is much worse than to4 Onyx vs. 4 solo Onyx players).99.99% of full parties can be matched fairly against other groups of players without them winning more than their fair share (around 50%).For the other 0.01%, at the extreme this comes down to asking whether a stacked party of Onyx players should play against 4 solo Onyx players, a full party of Diamond players, or not play at all. In general, the system stays healthier when it errs on the side of the closer (though still admittedly unfair) stacked vs. solo matchup than having the Diamonds face full Onyx parties too often.This does mean top-skilled solo queuing players in less popular objective-based playlists can sometimes have frustrating matches, but that's traded-off against allowing high-skilled friends to play together at all.We try not to prevent people from playing without solid data showing they are driving away more players than they are bringing in. That is currently not the case.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder what they will do about the seasons in MCC. The first season worked out because Reach has a lot of unlocks, however, H3 and H4 don't have enough to fill the void. All they can really do is make new nameplates and emblems.

Season 2 they probably could do H3 and H4 unlocks. After that I don't know.

Last edited:

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
When I try to launch the game this keeps happening?

gO3y1ko.jpg

From the MCC icon. If I go into the Xbox app then click play Halo nothing happens at all?

Nov 7, 2019
If anyone is looking for something to listen to that's Halo related & current we just released a new episode covering some of the more recent news.

We're on all platforms. Thanks!

anchor.fm

Sacred Icon • A podcast on Spotify for Podcasters

It was the fall of 2019 when two best friends decided to take their long-form conversations and release them to the internet in the form of a podcast. What was originally birthed out of a shared love for Halo ended up becoming so much more. From movies and TV to the nostalgic gaming days of old...

Status
Not open for further replies.