• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Oct 31, 2017
I really want 343i to partner with ED to release Halo Online in all regions and assist them with that. They are obviously a talented team and have managed to scrape together something great from the janky mess that was Halo Online.

They have the power to take ED into the team and back something that is definitely wanted and sought after by the community.

I know there are legal issues but if anyone can bring this into reality it's Microsoft.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ED plays better than Halo 3 by virtue of speeding up the projectiles and tightening the spread of most weapons, boom Halo 3 now has decentish gunplay where the AR has some use and the BR can actually be used from further than right in front of someones face

Oct 25, 2017
I want cLassic Halo. I want mcc PC. But I also want a classic experience going forward. I may despise how 343 handles Halo and the franchise but there is talent there.
And Josh and Kevin are gone so that's a plus.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
I want cLassic Halo. I want mcc PC. But I also want a classic experience going forward. I may despise how 343 handles Halo and the franchise but there is talent there.
And Josh and Kevin are gone so that's a plus.

Well, our friend Stinkles has stated that Halo 6 is going to be modifications/tweaks on the Halo 5 formula, not another radical overhaul. That was stated a year or more ago? Dunno if things would really have changed at this point?

So MCC on PC really is our only hope my dude.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
If H6 wants to stick to H5s formula fine, but at least let us modify EVERYTHING, so that we can make a classic Halo. Let me turn off hitmarkers and weapon icons. Let me modify hitboxes, spread, magnetism, DPS, RRR etc. and let me run my own servers.

Oct 25, 2017
If H6 wants to stick to H5s formula fine, but at least let us modify EVERYTHING, so that we can make a classic Halo. Let me turn off hitmarkers and weapon icons. Let me modify hitboxes, spread, magnetism, DPS, RRR etc. and let me run my own servers.

doubt that shit will ever happen.
Well, our friend Stinkles has stated that Halo 6 is going to be modifications/tweaks on the Halo 5 formula, not another radical overhaul. That was stated a year or more ago? Dunno if things would really have changed at this point?

so they are gonna continue to spit in classic halo fans faces... when MCC is still not fully operational on xbox, we expect them to have it working on PC?

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecheat always seemed like a slimy person from what I've seen. I'm open to hearing otherwise if people disagree though.

He's always been trouble. The most noticeable thing he's done publicly was taking a build of Halo Wars 2 off the Windows Store, posting the audio to youtube, and upon getting a takedown and his Live account banned he decide to threaten MS with releasing the ending of the game,a nd also selling or posting his pre-release build unless they unbanned him. He recently implicated he was going to do "something" to me this year at PAX, all because I brought up a 3 year old incident where he scared away some guy who was about to release a Halo 1 Beta Build.

i'm sorry did anything you say invalidate the fact that he's bummed eldewrito has maps that will now never see the light of day?

sorry for the lurker drive-by

not to mention how sad it is for you to use the word "stolen" when the ED team clearly poured so much effort into something they get zero compensation for, I don't care what the legality of the matter is, your morality is off

It's not really up to people's feeling to dictate the matter. The MS23 files are stolen as well as associated developer files which they have used to create El Dewrito.

Last edited:

Arx

Oct 25, 2017

Did he? Do you have a link for that? Its not like i don´t believe it, but would like to read the wording myself.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Did he? Do you have a link for that? Its not like i don´t believe it, but would like to read the wording myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...he_future_of_halo_multiplayer_neogaf/d54lb5d/

Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future, not rebooted, reinvented or reset. That doesn't preclude any number of improvements, additions or completely new modes and methods of play, but the team does recognize the core strengths, advantages and extensibility of the current MP tune.

It's elementary.

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed the biggest issue with Halo 5 was presentation. The incredibly angular and over-designed art, in addition to the competitive push kept a lot away. There are legitimate gripes with certain abilities and how the game controls, but I don't think it was a primary factor.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
While this is shit, I don't see peoples ire with this, they're using assets that they aren't covered under fair usage rules for. They reached out to the team to discuss it with them instead of just DMCA'ing it and saying nothing. As for people giving out saying they "need to not shit on this and make their own pc game" maybe they are, the thing is they haven't announced it and its their IP so they can develop it to their own time frame and tell us when they want to.

Long story short this doesn't surprise or anger me, its expected and they are entirely within their rights to do this. They're not shutting down a mod or unofficial game made using new assets developed by modders, they shut down a project using assets currently being used and will be used in future by Microsoft.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed the biggest issue with Halo 5 was presentation. The incredibly angular and over-designed art, in addition to the competitive push kept a lot away. There are legitimate gripes with certain abilities and how the game controls, but I don't think it was a primary factor.

there's " no competitive push" the game was designed with more mechanisms targeted at casuals than ever before. everything from the increased effectiveness of automatics, to the hitmarkers, to the movement mechanics are designed to make the game appeal to the casual fps fan.

out of the box, h5 isn't anymore competitive than any other halo game and is certainly less competive than early ones.

as far as "controls" and many others take issue with the level of assistance needed to compensate for all the Abilities. so, simply allowing users to turn abilities off wouldn't be enough to make a classic playlist feel right. in the h3 throwback list, for example, a lot of the guns felt overpowered, especially when you factor in the scopes on everything.

in order to make a truly classic playlist in a game derived from h5, we would need to be able to customize much more than we can currently.

doubt that shit will ever happen.

so they are gonna continue to spit in classic halo fans faces... when MCC is still not fully operational on xbox, we expect them to have it working on PC?

This is probably true- but gameplay customization has always been a strength in halo. With the power inherent in H5 forge, it seems that someone recognizes that. Allowing players to customize more of the experience seems like an obvious next step.

343 will never be able to please everyone out of the box. But allowing people more tools to create the game they want to play would only make the package more appealing.

Last edited:

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
If you could shoot your damn weapon while using the new movement abilities I wouldn't care so much. Especially sliding.
Shotgun slides in Crysis :kreygasm:

Also I want to clear this up. If I have dewrito installed, I can still play it with other people that have it installed, right? It's just distributing it that is illegal, correct?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Shotgun slides in Crysis :kreygasm:

Also I want to clear this up. If I have dewrito installed, I can still play it with other people that have it installed, right? It's just distributing it that is illegal, correct?

Because it's p2p, there really isn't a way to shut it down yet. If it will stay that way, who knows, but for now it's still active.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's p2p, there really isn't a way to shut it down yet. If it will stay that way, who knows, but for now it's still active.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I have a friend who now lives about 2 hours away who I used to split screen with and he downloaded it last night right before the 343 statement. I was wondering if we missed the opportunity to play the game with each other or if we were sol until MCC PC comes out.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually getting games extremely quickly on the MCC at the moment.

Other than the weird aiming quirks in 3 and CE it seems to be working fairly decently...

Arx

Oct 25, 2017

m23

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, elementary that they want to not make classic halo

Can you explain what "classic Halo" means? I see this term thrown around a lot but rarely do people actually indicate what they mean. Do you just want a re-skin of Halo 1? Do you want a new Halo with no sprint?

If I want to play old Halo I can go back and play MCC. I appreciate the clear mistakes made in Halo 4 and some in Halo 5 when it came to introducing new mechanics, but I feel they are very close to what a modern Halo should be, in MP. I don't want them to go all the way back and remove things like thrust or clamber because I feel like it adds to the gameplay in a meaningful way.

Repeating you want classic Halo over and over again doesn't help anyone without some actual explanation. My man Unknown as well as many folks here post detailed posts on what can be done to fix the MP. I'm not as savvy when it comes to that stuff so I tend to read more rather than throw my two cents in when I don't know what I'm talking about.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Halo: No bullshit sprint, no armor abilities, no spartan abilities, no fucking ADS.
The rest is variable and arguable, but not these.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see them keep thrust, clamber (with some modifications) and stabilize.

I enjoy ground pound but I can see why people think it's cheap.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amusingly the ground pound is the sole Spartan ability i really like (clamber is a bit eh in that it is problematic for map design, but i like it in single player).
I wouldn't object to retaining it, though i gotta say i never found it terribly useful. But it is fun.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The more I think about clamber, the more I think it should go. It really is a get out of free card. I've had moments where I fucked up a jump and was saved by using it, and for campaign sure it's nice to have. I don't want to revert to the checkpoint for a mistake. But in MP? Nah, I should be punished for messing up.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Clamber makes vertical movement so much smoother.

I've been playing a fair amount of MCC over the last couple of days and one of the biggest things I've noticed is just how floaty these games feel. Clamber seriously helps negate that feeling.

Also I don't care if clamber slightly reduces the skill gap or whatever. Missing a jump by 2cm and clipping your toe on a ledge just to bounce off and fall down makes the movement feel like shit.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Clamber only adds to player frustration in my opinion. There's this one janky spot on Plaza that never works right. It puts your weapon down, which is always annoying if you're clambering up to a spot and a player you didn't know is there. Then it can ruin map design, look at Riptide where there's way too much emphasis on clamber.

Anyway if I had to pick one Spartan ability to stay it would be thruster. I also like ground pound, which to me is just another way to humiliate players like the assassination. It's telegrphed, if you die it's your fault.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
It always surprises me when I play people that haven't turned off assassinations. It's the most unnecessary thing that just leaves you vulnerable for some length of time. Like, leaving them on is just hurting your own game.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Clamber makes vertical movement so much smoother.

I've been playing a fair amount of MCC over the last couple of days and one of the biggest things I've noticed is just how floaty these games feel. Clamber seriously helps negate that feeling.

Also I don't care if clamber slightly reduces the skill gap or whatever. Missing a jump by 2cm and clipping your toe on a ledge just to bounce off and fall down makes the movement feel like shit.

Yeah, being bad at a skill based game does indeed feel like shit.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Halo Online version of Turf was soooooo pretty

I prefer Halo Reach version

MpAeOyR.jpg

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we could get those Halo Online maps in MCC for Halo 3. With CE maps coming never say never.

Now Frankie will say never.

Status
Not open for further replies.