• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand now Ghost Town gets voted for over Team BRs on Ivory Tower.

I'm done with the MCC for today.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
What are you guys talking about, Ghost Town is great, although definitely not as fun as Ivory Tower.
Nah, there's too much shit to get stuck on (343i is no stranger to this), the room with the collapsed floor sees too much camping, mongoose will win race to OS every time, etc. "It's like Turf, except bad"

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember when everyone was saying that this was either the Gravemind on Halo 4 or a new type of enemy etc of course it was a fake leak but still this image was on every site video and conversation on the Halo community back in the day

Standoff.jpg

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I remember doing the custom game glitch in the beta, I remember the pistol not being /as/ bad in that but I could be 100% wrong on that front.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The H3 pistol is the worst weapon in the entire franchise.
But according to Bungie pre-H3 launch, it can compete with the BR in the right hands! I mean, even look at it.. It looks like the CE Pistol!

First time I played Halo 3 (outside of the beta) was splitscreen multiplayer with friends, starting with Swords/Gravity Hammers on Guardian. After the game I had to check the settings to make sure it was default because of how slow and floaty it felt. Couldn't believe it lol. I don't know why I felt this way after playing the beta, maybe it was because of Guardian being a small map and having several months between the beta and launch? idk
What are you guys talking about, Ghost Town is great, although definitely not as fun as Ivory Tower.

I like Ghost Town.

Also, Orbital. Orbital is fun for one sided objective.
I always liked Ghost Town. Orbital on the other hand, nope.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
The Halo 2 pistol to the Halo 3 magnum was a dark run for Halo. At least in Reach and 4 it was serviceable, with 5 it took its rightful place as King.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't get why people want dual wielding back, it was always shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it had some advantages in campaign (demolishing Flood) but for the most part it never really balanced well in multiplayer and left people scrambling for other weapons.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way dual wield could work is if they don't nerf said weapons when they are being used by themselves. Case in point, the Halo 3 Needler. It sucked on Halo 2 because of Dual Wielding but became useful on it's own in Halo 3 because of it not being dual wieldable.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Dual wielding is a mechanic that doesn't make sense if you think of the sandbox as guns, grenades and melee. If you have two guns, you're now cutting yourself off from two of those three pillars.

What I'm saying is please take out SMG starts from Halo 2, 343.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dual wielding is a mechanic that doesn't make sense if you think of the sandbox as guns, grenades and melee. If you have two guns, you're now cutting yourself off from two of those three pillars.

What I'm saying is please take out SMG starts from Halo 2, 343.
H2A should be AR starts aswell. That is the reason why they broight the AR into H2A to begin with as they know SMG starts are horrible.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

Herp derp logic is probably because two guns!!! So sick bro!!!

Theoretically it allowed for interesting combos that deepened the sandbox. Too bad it's basically impossible to have a weapon that's useful single-wielded and not totally overpowered dual wielded. Like, they actually lowered the damage for weapons when dual-wielded to compensate, like the silver banana pooter H3 Magnum.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if H2A and Halo 4 will lost the gray blob rocks. It's likely an engine issue and not hardware, but if they could increase the load distance then maybe it could be fixed.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
H2A should be AR starts aswell. That is the reason why they broight the AR into H2A to begin with as they know SMG starts are horrible.
Yeah, it's nuts that H2A matchmaking still has SMG starts. With their renewed commitment to MCC, I'd love to see them go back and make these kind of small fixes that can make the multiplayer more viable. That and more maps, but I think Certain Affinity are too busy to return to making Halo maps.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I rather they add a H3A in the Halo 5 engine as opposed to more H2A. I would like Midship for H2A but that ship has long sailed.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God the poor Needler in Halo 2... Such a shame it was nerfed so hard given how good it was in the early builds of the game

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
If they were ever to touch up Halo 3 into an H3A (that ship sailed, I think), it would just be campaign at this point. They wouldn't spend the money on multiplayer.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Town is a good map that got put in some gametype combos that didn't work. It's pretty good for 1-sided games and FFAs. It has some issues with Team Slayer and other objectives like Team KotH where respawning teams get placed in inopportune or way too fortunate spawns.

Also I played a forged version of orbital a long time ago where they boxed off the top hallway from the bottom hallway and it played really well. Made you make a decision on what route you took early on. It would probably be better if they color coded the upper and lower hallways differently and brightened up the whole map.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Playing more MCC this afternoon and I hope they touch up the carnage reports and stat tracking in MCC eventually. It's pretty poor.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact about the CE Needler is that it tracks over long distances. For example, you can shoot it across Hang 'Em High towards an enemy on the opposite side and the needles will track once they get close. It's actually an interesting weapon, but saw little use considering the strength of other weapons.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So i guess so much for the promise of "people who played MCC etc have a high priority"

I guess people who havent played MCC for months got in...

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

People want that back?

The only way dual wield could work is if they don't nerf said weapons when they are being used by themselves. Case in point, the Halo 3 Needler. It sucked on Halo 2 because of Dual Wielding but became useful on it's own in Halo 3 because of it not being dual wieldable.

It straight up can't work. If you don't nerf the weapons, dual wielding becomes OP.

So they nerf them such that 2DW guns = 1 Rifle. But then your underpowered off spawn.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
There could be weapons that are only dual wielding, so always a set.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Have they added any more maps to Quick Play? I'd like it way more as a social slayer playlist if it had more variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.